It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sequester Was The Right Thing To Do: Dow Just Hit 15,003 : Private Sector Growing Economy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

well on his first point
online.wsj.com...

Power companies are increasingly switching to natural gas to fuel their electricity plants, driven by low prices and forecasts of vast supplies for years to come. While the trend started in the late 1990s, the momentum is accelerating and comes at the expense of coal. Some utilities are closing coal-fired plants; others are converting them to run on gas. The switch is occurring globally and is getting a push from regulators who want to limit emissions that contribute to climate change, haze and health problems such as respiratory illness. Though efforts in Congress to pass legislation attaching a price to carbon emissions appear stalled for now, utilities still anticipate eventual carbon restrictions. The Tennessee Valley Authority, for example, recently announced a 20-year development plan that emphasizes nuclear and gas, and includes fewer coal units.

www.startribune.com...

The Minneapolis-based utility, which serves 1.2 million customers in Minnesota and 90,000 in North Dakota, has projected a need for additional electrical generation later in the decade. Two older coal-burning units are to be retired in 2015 at Xcel’s Black Dog power plant in Burnsville. The first of the proposed natural gas combustion turbines, with an output of 215 megawatts, would be built there by 2017, Xcel said. Two more similarly sized units would go online in 2018 or 2019 in North Dakota.

so they are slowly trying to replace coal plants with nat gas and the president is not a fan of coal so that might also be helping these facilities get built faster .as to his relation to apple stock rising in relation to these plants im as stumped as you.but hopefully new plants= more jobs but we will have to wait and see

www.cecildaily.com...
www.gizmag.com... this problay does not hurt their growth either

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyLucian
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Are you some sort of cheerleader or something?

"Rah, Rah, Rah! Something something captalism! Something something secular progressives!"

Are you even a real person?

I have some news for you: "Red" states have lower education levels, lower per capita incomes, are less healthy, have higher crime rates, higher homicide rates, higher poverty rates, take more federal money while putting less in, higher obesity, higher divorce rates, higher teen pregnancy rates, higher wealth disparity, etc, etc, etc. Taking into account the per capita incomes, their taxation rates are essentially identical.

I'm not sure what fantasy land you're living in, but the DOW has nothing to do with everyday Americans, nor does it make any statement whatsoever about red or blue states.
edit on 5/3/2013 by LuckyLucian because: (no reason given)

The Blue States are stuck in a Spiral of Despair.

Pick up a phone and make a call. Ask them.

BTW, have you checked the crime rates in Chicago? Shoot outs at the OK Corral everyday.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
As of April 2013 the U.S. GDP = $16 Trillion !

And whats the Debt at?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

The Natural Gas power plants operate at higher profit margins.

They are also easier to maintain. Utility stock prices go up when profit margins go up.

It's a Win / Win.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

if you check out the last link from my post they are trying to combine solar and natural gas to decrease emissions and what not was a pretty interesting read

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

And whats the Debt at?

The National Debt is $16.8 Trillion BUT a large part of that is owned by the Federal Reserve.

Most Americans are not sophisticated enough to even know what that means.

They think we owe China $16 Trillion. That is not the case.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

if you check out the last link from my post they are trying to combine solar and natural gas to decrease emissions and what not was a pretty interesting read

The Utilities are also working on a new type of reactor designed by Lockheed Martin.

It runs on Deuterium and Tritium.

100 MW Output

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

And whats the Debt at?

The National Debt is $16.8 Trillion BUT a large part of that is owned by the Federal Reserve.

Please, tell us what YOU think it means that the "Federal" Reserve owns $16.8 trillion in national debt.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This report does a good job explaining where we are right now.

Be sure and note the part about home values.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeOldBrew

And whats the Debt at?

Please, tell us what YOU think it means that the "Federal" Reserve owns $16.8 trillion in national debt.

The Federal Reserve only owns about $2.6 Trillion of that $16 Trillion.

All you have to do is add up the values of QE-1 + QE-2 + QE Infinity.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I don't by any of this crap, sorry.

Just like Jobless rates, and all their glory.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And whats the Debt at?

So, basically, you just don't know what it means.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I don't by any of this crap, sorry.

Just like Jobless rates, and all their glory.

The Job Rate IS bogus.

The real unemployment rate is around 11%. We do need to put people back to work.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

And whats the Debt at?

So, basically, you just don't know what it means.

So....what do YOU think the term Quantitative Easing means?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I never said the U.S. Economy is perfect.

If we repeal ObamaCare, then the U.S. Economy will surge.

It doesn't take a PhD to see the problem.

BTW, If you live in Maryland then expect higher and higher Gas Taxes and more speed cams.

No points. They just want the $$$.

You never said the economy was perfect? But your data seems to suggest that it should be. The Dow Jones is at a record high. Just by thinking logically, if the Dow Jones is at a record high and (supposedly) represents our economy, then logically job growth should be at some sort of high if not at record high. Yet it isn't, our job growth should be represented on the Dow Jones as maybe an increase but should be no where near a record high. So again, if the Dow Jones is at record highs, why isn't job growth at record highs? You seemed to have failed to answer this question.

You don't need to advise me about what I can expect from my state. I live here, I know what to expect. Believe me, I'm not happy about it either.

What does ObamaCare have to do with anything? It isn't even fully implemented yet. Many people still received their tax rebates this year, so the ACA has yet to materialize as a threat to our economic wellbeing.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

I never said the U.S. Economy is perfect.

If we repeal ObamaCare, then the U.S. Economy will surge.

It doesn't take a PhD to see the problem.

BTW, If you live in Maryland then expect higher and higher Gas Taxes and more speed cams.

No points. They just want the $$$.

You never said the economy was perfect? But your data seems to suggest that it should be. The Dow Jones is at a record high. Just by thinking logically, if the Dow Jones is at a record high and (supposedly) represents our economy, then logically job growth should be at some sort of high if not at record high. Yet it isn't, our job growth should be represented on the Dow Jones as maybe an increase but should be no where near a record high. So again, if the Dow Jones is at record highs, why isn't job growth at record highs? You seemed to have failed to answer this question.

You don't need to advise me about what I can expect from my state. I live here, I know what to expect. Believe me, I'm not happy about it either.

What does ObamaCare have to do with anything? It isn't even fully implemented yet. Many people still received their tax rebates this year, so the ACA has yet to materialize as a threat to our economic wellbeing.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

The truth is simple.

Our Fortune 500 corporations are in great shape. Go take a look.

Please don't be so naive.

ObamaCare is like a Dark Cloud hovering every company in America.

ObamaCare introduces something called " uncertainty " into business plans.

Did you go to college?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

First off, please leave the ad hominem attacks at the door and do not question my intelligence. I do not support the ACA, but I fail to see how it is currently effecting our economy.

Who cares about how Fortune 500 companies are doing? They obviously aren't passing their success onto their employees. Yay I can brag to other countries that our richest of the rich are richer than your richest of the rich, what fun...
Unlike the government I don't consider corporations people. I care about the working person and if they have a job where they can afford to live a comfortable life. What about small businesses? You know the entities that are supposed to be the backbone of our economy? How are they doing?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

First off, please leave the ad hominem attacks at the door and do not question my intelligence. I do not support the ACA, but I fail to see how it is currently effecting our economy.

Who cares about how Fortune 500 companies are doing? They obviously aren't passing their success onto their employees. Yay I can brag to other countries that our richest of the rich are richer than your richest of the rich, what fun...
Unlike the government I don't consider corporations people. I care about the working person and if they have a job where they can afford to live a comfortable life. What about small businesses? You know the entities that are supposed to be the backbone of our economy? How are they doing?

I care about ALL U.S. Corporations.

That includes the USA Fortune 500.

Now is a bad time to decide to ignore them. Are employees working at Exxon Mobil achieving

success? Are employees working at Apple and Facebook passing their success onto their

employees? Pick up the phone and talk to a Facebook employee. Ask them if they are

miserable. Go ahead. The truth shall set you free.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

im no economist, not a property owner, and never have been, but it seem to me in my years on this planet that every time i hear about this dow doing so well, it drops drastically, and people get hurt. just saying

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

im no economist, not a property owner, and never have been, but it seem to me in my years on this planet that every time i hear about this dow doing so well, it drops drastically, and people get hurt. just saying

I think you are referring to the Stock Market Dot Com Bubble where the NASDAQ soared

to 5000. Those companies deserved to crash. They had no earnings and overvalued

Market Caps. The fundamentals are different today.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join