It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
OK.

So, the Police are looking for someone who has blown up the finishing line of a Marathon.

Somoene who has killed one cop and seriously injured another.

Someone who has no qualms about throwing explosives at people.

And you're a cop, and you are moving down a street and the curtains of a building twitch or someone comes to a window suddenly and you notice it and your training kicks in because you are told in no uncertain terms that in a life and death situation, when someone could be about to shoot at you that you lead with your weapon, so that you are in a position to fire back immediately.

Thats a cop doing his job. He didn't shoot, but he had to scope.

That is what trained professionals do.

Its time someone called this BS hyseria for what it is. Total BS. These people do their job and were trying to ensure that some lunatic wasn't out there blowing up other people.

Got a problem with that? Fine. Next time some idiot like this goes on the rampage, YOU go and look for him, on the streets and hunt him down and bring him to justice, and put your life on the line to do it. If you aren't prepared to do that then maybe, just maybe, be thankful that there are people that do it, and understand that when they are out there doing it, they need to protect themselves as well, or at least give themselves a chance at being protected.

Where the hell has people's common sense gone? What do you expect this guy to do - sit there and not react until someone blows his head off?

edit on 28/4/13 by neformore because: spelling

And that, sir, sums it up very nicely. Applause.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Ummm...This was DHS flexing it's muscles....nothing more. They had to showcase for the camara's that they had the situation under complete locked down control.

This was a simple case of justification for the sheople...We can see by some of the usual suspects that they just ate it up along with the popcorn............and they continue to wash it down wit sum dat....KEWL-AID...the new fave drink of entitlement society...

YouSir

edit on 28-4-2013 by YouSir because: the with's it was the with's.............trust me.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Here's a question for those that have a huge issue with this pic:

What would you do if the shoe was on the other foot?

You are part of a tactical team tasked with catching someone who is willing to kill a lot of people. You are clearing a street. Suddenly, you see the curtain on a window pull back. You see a shadow of a figure through it. That figure raises something to eye level, pointed right at you.

Would you assume "oh, its just some guy taking a picture", or would you think "it is possible this is the suspect. I need to have him in my sights until I know it is safe".

I mean really. Lets think for a second people.

I can't put myself in this cop's shoes because I don't have the never ending desire to dominate and control people. Any LEO who engages in this kind of "law enforcement" is my enemy... I don't give a damn who they are looking for.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I can't help but wonder -- would you feel differently if it was your son who lost his life, blown to bits at eight years old, or your loving daughter who lost her limbs?

Would you feel some need or desire for revenge or justice? Or would you insist that we live in a free society and people should be permitted to execute these types of events if they so choose?

Seriously, how would you handle it?

link   
The cops should have been in bee suits instead if they are so concerned since they have a 270 times more chance of dying of a bee sting.
Tell me this if this was not allowed to happen how is it that the fbi didn't pay some known terror suspects on monday morning to see what they were doing? Certainly they must have done a search of possible suspects in the area.

Since they suspected who it was soon after and knew him there was no reason to release the "photo" to the public. The suspects were obviously not trying to make a run for it pryer to this. The fbi could have again simply gone to both homes and waited for them to go out for a cheese burger and comley arrested them, no violence, no show.
Definetly allowed to happen, and sickening.

I live in the area and plan to visit this week to see if I can get some firts hand accounts. also I want to try to retrace Dzhokars path home. If any one has any other ideas of what to look for that would be appreciated.

link   
reply to post by neformore

No nef, he doesnt have to scope. Its close enough to see the target with a naked eye. If he cant then he shouldnt wear that uniform because clearly hes not suited for any field operation. He should be behind a desk using a pair of glasses reading type 40 size fonts.

That is pure intimidation.

Oh and if you dont want to be shot, please keep your head inside the humv please. Clearly hes not worried about getting hes head blown off. Nor his buddies judging by their posture.

I'm taking you never went on a field trip did you nef? (no offense mate)

This is a fear op... nothing more, nothing less. A show of "what we can do". NK does parades. US does this crap.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

The prez doesn't seem to have an issue with indiscriminatly blowing up and murdering people.
why do you? (sar)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Oh please. The UK wouldn't put up with this crap. Who are you kidding?

A parade is not going to put the terrorist behind bars or insure the safety of the public.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu
The cops should have been in bee suits instead if they are so concerned since they have a 270 times more chance of dying of a bee sting.
Tell me this if this was not allowed to happen how is it that the fbi didn't pay some known terror suspects on monday morning to see what they were doing? Certainly they must have done a search of possible suspects in the area.

Since they suspected who it was soon after and knew him there was no reason to release the "photo" to the public. The suspects were obviously not trying to make a run for it pryer to this. The fbi could have again simply gone to both homes and waited for them to go out for a cheese burger and comley arrested them, no violence, no show.
Definetly allowed to happen, and sickening.

I live in the area and plan to visit this week to see if I can get some firts hand accounts. also I want to try to retrace Dzhokars path home. If any one has any other ideas of what to look for that would be appreciated.

So the cop that took a bullet to the head should have been in a bee suit?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I've read ten pages of this thread and your post is by far the best one. Notice that nobody tried to debate you...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Freedom sucks then? No matter how much power you give them, it won't make you any safer. Good things will happen to good people.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
www.modbee.com...

So in California another town in lockdown or a new term, Shelter In Place!

And everyone is doing it?

So, police look for a murderer (it is the job they're paid for) and everyone stops work, doesn't visit friends or relatives, doesn't shop.

Guess the police will lose their salary while the town goes bankrupt eh.

This is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard of.

Do Not Give In To Tyranny ever.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I can't put myself in this cop's shoes because I don't have the never ending desire to dominate and control people.

Just checking... Are you saying that anyone who becomes a cop does so because they have a never-ending desire to dominate and control people?

Any LEO who engages in this kind of "law enforcement" is my enemy... I

What kind of law enforcement? A door-to-door search? Because this particular cop was NOT enforcing any law by aiming at a possible threat. It's procedure.

I'm trying to understand exactly what your position is.

link   
Pigs kill humans on a regular basis.

I wouldn't be pointing anything at them.

They are more scary than the Boston Bomber.

link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So I guess Shelter In Place is now the PC friendly term of martial law. Only difference is we will use militarized police instead of the military.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

No the cop who took a bullet in the head should sue the fbi for allowing this to happen. that is thier job isn't it? they did know him didn't they. Is it too much to ask that they pay the boys a vist the day of the event. That cop died needlesly. Sadly in away and i hate to say It but his own ignorance killed him, his superiors killed him this whole system of voilence, of which cowering in a corner and hiding is a part is the problem.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu
reply to post by Covertblack

No the cop who took a bullet in the head should sue the fbi for allowing this to happen. that is thier job isn't it? they did know him didn't they. Is it too much to ask that they pay the boys a vist the day of the event. That cop died needlesly. Sadly in away and i hate to say It but his own ignorance killed him, his superiors killed him this whole system of voilence, of which cowering in a corner and hiding is a part is the problem.

He can't sue, he's dead. I thought this thread was about police hate though so no more thinking about him. His own ignorance killed him? Please explain how.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Is there a difference (legally) whether it's police or as in this case Military Police?
Right there in the fine print on the back of the humvee.
Posse Commitattus proven a relic.
We're not even as free as Southerners under reconstruction.
What should that tell you?
edit on 28-4-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Think of it, for every murder, halt the economy. Bankrupt your nation? It's outrageous. The police are paid tax payers salaries, from the employer group, the citizens, to do their job. They can snap right to it, like good employees, but in no way shape or form are they allowed to infringe on the life and economy of an area.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Wow. When close to 50% of a website like ATS thinks it's a good idea to hide in your home and don't dare look out a window because the streets are crawling with military presence and guns are pointed at you just for taking a picture, then I know that the end of this country as it once was is dangerously near.

That's not why I would stay in my home. I would stay in my home because there was a dangerous fugitive on the loose in my neighborhood. That's why it's a good idea to stay in my home. The fugitive had proven he was willing and able to kill innocent citizens and a cop to get what he wanted.

If you said no and closed the door on their face, how much you wanna bet they're gonna knock that door down, knock you down to the floor, tase you or even worse if you resist in your own home, and then trash the place because you "acted suspicious".

That's complete supposition and fear-mongering. There's no logical reason to assume such a thing. Pure speculation.

Those rights are now being trampled, and a bunch of government apologists want us to obey and to cower, while we lick the boot that's stomping on our neck.

What rights were trampled? I have yet to see an answer to this question...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join