It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Originally posted by muse7
What disturbing path is that?

Advising people not to go outside because there is a terrorist on the run willing to do anything to escape?

People who give up their liberty in the name of security....deserve neither.

2nd line.

yeah right...I bet those 14 that were blown to small pieces in West, Texas wish they had harsher government regulations imposed on the owners of that fertilizer plant. but that would de-rail your argument.

Do you suffer from ADD?

We're speaking about "mini-Martial Law" during the Boston Marathon Bomber search....not regulating companies to ensure worker safety.

Come back with something sensible and germane...please. Or don't come back at all.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So procedure dictates this guy should not be wearing a helmet like everyone else? Why does he get to wear a backwards baseball cap? Obviously he wasn't too scared for his safety otherwise he would be wearing the proper gear for the situation.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There are some frightening responses in this thread. It's actually quite disturbing. All I can tell you if you are American, is if you distrust and hate the country so much, please, I beg you. Leave.

I'm sure any of those people who lost a limb in the bombings would gratefully have bought someone a plane ticket to placate them, rather than endure all the damage that's been done. People are permanently injured, emotionally and physically.

It's NOT okay.

If you can't contribute anything positive to the continued growth and development of the country, it might be better to relocate somewhere that you feel more comfortable.

Just sayin'

Peace Out.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm also a little concerned their intention is to upset everyone and make them lose money and their towns areas, so this way they say. Well then, the solution is: DRONES at every event. And the people breathe a sigh of relief at not being bankrupted....

No, the real solution is for people to get together in the town square and start contacting their direct employees by letter, on the phone and organizing counsels of citizens, the first level of government and the real power of the nation. No More Nonsense Allowed!

People need get over the idea that once every few years, their whole lives depend on one vote. It doesnt, its the rest of the time that counts no matter who's in. They are always your employee and not your boss, they always have to obey the constitution and real laws and due process, or they are a rogue government period. They need to do their real work, serve and protect, balance the budget, expose criminal corporations, disclose and do it all with a big smile on their perky faces.

edit on 28-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

I don't hate police I just think they are misguided like everone else. It is ignorant to think that by initiating violence ther would be a good outcome.
I just think the whole thig is blown way out of proportion. I do not believe this kid was nearly as dangerous as all the scardy cats think he was. There are people on the border getting murdered by the thousands yet you don't see anting done about that, at least not to any meaningful degree.
My point is it all could have been easily averted.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Thinking like mine? You mean, stopping, and taking in the entire scenario, and realizing that we have no context for the picture, and therefore, its nothing but hypotheticals, baseless claims, and sensationalistic phrases like "fourth reich"?

I hope that you, at the very least, own the fact that you are one of the people that advocates the 'us vs. them' mentality.

Sorry Cap, but you cannot argue with someone who has already made up their mind and then closed it to any further discussion, no matter what.

Your comments regarding the out of context picture are, at the end of the day, truth.

All anyone can do is postulate the situation.

There isn't even any proof this picture is actually from Boston during the immediate days following the bombing. For all I know this could be a hijacked pic from Iraq.

We do not know what the person in the window taking the picture has been doing previous to the picture. We do not know the soldier has his finger on the trigger. I know for a fact that some people will bait police and military personnel in order to provoke an escalated response.

If the picture is as it is portrayed, then I am concerned over what the future may bring, but the fact is we just do not know what was going on at the time.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I just want to add that quite literally, overnight, my attitude toward this whole Boston situation has changed dramatically. I don't want to sit here and speculate every angle endlessly in a public way, namely because it's that very thing that's caused me to miss some of what I'm now taking a long pause to look back at with new eyes. Reacting to the sometimes asinine and totally ignorant speculation that comes as an outright assault to intelligence does that, it seems.

I don't believe the bombing itself was more than we saw. Two nut jobs with rather creative if wildly ineffective IEDs. I mean, lets stop and be real here. They had pressure cooker sized homemade bombs right in the middle of people and nearly touching victims .. Two of them that we know for certain with those pesky rumors at the time of at least 1 more located. Despite the size, they killed only a few people while injuring so many. That sounds about the amateur and ignorant level of who were're looking at as the men accused of doing this thing. No big mystery there, start to finish in my mind.

The response from the moments following it to the apprehension of suspect 2 is a WHOLE different matter and what now sits like the proverbial bone on the floor just calling out to turn this Bunny into a Bulldog to attack this whole logic problem until I figure out the issues bugging me so badly now.

Something is very badly off and very wrong about everything that happened up there. I don't mean the response in pure numbers. I don't mean the armor or other hardware seen, in itself. Namely, what's wrong here, is the clear indications I believe we've all seen right in front of us that base training anyone in the position these men were presented as having come from (Cops or Soldiers) flat out wasn't there. They didn't have it.

They were acting like civilians or...contractors kitted out as if they were deploying into Iraq or Afghanistan where such little details like muzzle and trigger discipline weren't always the most important things outside the Uniformed forces our nation deployed.

Part of the stories I read out of Iraq were contractors actually shooting AT U.S. Marines and other Coalition positions. Not once, but multiple times over the course of the war...such was their pathetic level of training and "professional ability". Sloppy... Recklessly, dangerously and in many cases for the local people, terminally sloppy from start to finish. .........kinda like someone riding the trigger of a rifle while aiming right into the lens of a civilian in an upstairs window WHILE IN A MOVING VEHICLE no less. (Like unexpected bouncing never ever happens or something ..naww.. accidental discharges are impossible, right?
)

Anyway... That's where I'm at and I felt it important to add this before I kinda drop off and disappear for awhile on this specific topic. I have some real time I feel I need to put into this in pursuing the answers to the 'little things' that now just don't make logical sense. Logic is the damndest thing too .... It HAS to make sense, or something much larger is usually wrong in a situation. Well...logic took a flyer in this whole thing..so why was that? Who were they? Just what was mixed in and among what I'm sure were 'generally' legitimate law enforcement personnel?

Ahh... never a slow time or free moment as a news hound. No question there.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu

I don't hate police I just think they are misguided like everone else. It is ignorant to think that by initiating violence ther would be a good outcome.
I just think the whole thig is blown way out of proportion. I do not believe this kid was nearly as dangerous as all the scardy cats think he was. There are people on the border getting murdered by the thousands yet you don't see anting done about that, at least not to any meaningful degree.
My point is it all could have been easily averted.

He drove up to a scene and was shot in the head. He didn't initiate violence, he responded to a call and was shot in his car. That "kid" was an accomplice to murder. Including the death of an 8 year old.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Everyone should own a megaphpone and if cops show up on your street everyone begin giving the police commands to return to their vehicles and leave the area.
Use that in conjunction with full -size paper blowups of persons standing with M16s in windows.
Good luck finding neighbors with that kind of sense of adventure though.....

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Scary stuff...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That sounds as if it came straight out my own mind...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyjem
reply to post by AlphaTom

I did just as you suggested. The following is straight from the South Carolina Code of Law, the state of my residence. While SC law is NOT applicable to actions performed in Mass. I imagine that Mass. does have something similar on their books as well. Since martial law was not declared which takes precedence over and sets aside standing legal statutes, then the action that the gun pointer engaged in IS in violation of the law.

SECTION 16-23-410. Pointing firearm at any person.

It is unlawful for a person to present or point at another person a loaded or unloaded firearm.

A person who violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be fined in the discretion of the court or imprisoned not more than five years. This section must not be construed to abridge the right of self-defense or to apply to theatricals or like performances.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-141; 1952 Code Section 16-141; 1942 Code Section 1119; 1932 Code Section 1119; Cr. C. '22 Section 17; Cr. C. '12 Section 162; 1910 (26) 694; 1993 Act No. 184, Section 46.

SSHHH!!! that doesnt fit with the official jack booted thugs being the only reasonable response story.

Now our going to get flamed by those that think it is perfectly ok to point weapons at innocent civies in their own homes, and then herd them outside to be searched by the LEOs, because the guy is obviously hiding in their shirts and trousers........

Just sad for America, very sad indeed.

link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Everyone should own a megaphpone and if cops show up on your street everyone begin giving the police commands to return to their vehicles and leave the area.
Use that in conjunction with full -size paper blowups of persons standing with M16s in windows.
Good luck finding neighbors with that kind of sense of adventure though.....

Which will directly help a murderer, rapist, terrorist, run free. I guess you have to chose your companions.

link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by BellaSabre

Freedom sucks then? No matter how much power you give them, it won't make you any safer. Good things will happen to good people.

Yep. Guess we should just give up then. Stop locking your doors at night. Feed your dogs food from China. Don't wear your seat belts. And smoke lots of cigarettes.

Being cautious won't help anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Advising people not to go outside because there is a terrorist on the run willing to do anything to escape?

9000 law enforcement personnel were eluded by a 19 year old.

Was there really a terrorist on the run willing to do anything to escape? Or was this what was told to introduce the police state?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

More than one terrorist, I hear there were several thousand out there.
You could tell them by their uniforms and patches and military weaponry.
You know, the stuff that good law abiding citizens cannot get their hands on...

If the citizens are so law abiding, then why would they want to get their hands on any of that stuff in the first place?

This is real life, this is not Die Hard 2...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Our whole system was designed to maintain rights that allowed for defense. There's no question in my mind that a well-armed populace would have ensured the same result (capture) without ever having the necessity for an invasive gestapo-like force locking people in their homes. That force is supposed to lie in "THE PEOPLE", when compared to both federal AND state forces.

I find it very disconcerting that so many, especially here, would be so quick to be apologists for the despicable display of force by the FBI and Boston police.

Just remember, it doesn't even have to be a 'conspiracy'. It's all about the results. If we end up under complete control by the federal government and our rights as defined by the founding fathers are now gone, who cares how it came about? And we keep seeing it again and again. And it keeps involving the same crowd (DHS, FBI, NSA, CIA). The penalties imposed by the bombers are miniscule in comparison to those imposed by the creation of a police state. For those who think the response was justified, that's fine. You just stay in your house and lock the doors. Stay out of the way.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Danbones

Pssht, you cant even refuse entry into your own home...

Yep!!

They alerted to the citizens, "Do not allow any entrance to your home, UNLESS it is law enforcement."

Very valid point.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I have seen zero evidence of who did what to who. I have been told to look at only official pictures by fbi who was caught lying about knowing the boys.
Do you have some evidence based in fact that these boy have done anything, other than the word from officials who are know to lie to protect each other.
Can we trust the testimony of police who didn't realize they initiated a shoot out with an unarmed man?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

LOVE your post. It's important to me to keep an open mind and not discount the more sinister possibilities. What you say about them acting like civilians is possibly true. And the military actions overseas have proven that the military aren't always exactly by the book... Not to mention the cases of police brutality we've seen right here in the US.

But weren't these guys special forces cops, basically? Were they military? And I haven't seen the clear indications that they didn't have the muzzle and trigger discipline they should have in the Boston situation. What particular incidents are you referring to?

I am actually undecided on the overall picture (contrary to what some assume: that I am an agent for the government and a "sheep" that supports martial law
) and I will continue to look at this situation with an open-mind. I'm definitely NOT going to jump on the bandwagon that the OP and others are clearly on, without some really good evidence. And so far, I have seen NONE. This whole operation was carried out very successfully, IMO.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join