It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British SAS in 'Alien' Riddle : “little grey men” walk into ambush - then vanish

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ireland is one of, if not the most, superstitious countries on earth. There is such a strong history and culture of folklore, something that is disappearing with the modern way of life however. It always made me think there could well be something to it all. I know these days leprechauns are portrayed as a gimmick but a few generations back they would have been accepted as real things. Then if you look at all the other countries that have folklore about gnomes, elves and fairies etc, it turns out its almost every county's going, even the Native Americans have folklore about mischievous little people. Today people call them grays from space or another dimension, but it looks to me like all the same thing, just with a modern spin on it.

If these "little people" do exist, then by all accounts they turn up in isolated rural locations, to avoiding being spotted by humans. It sounds plausible to me. Especially when you consider how people in rural Ireland were pretty isolated back in the day, there would have been a much higher chance of them happening on situations like the one in the story. If I had the motivation Id love to interview some old timers who have always lived in rural locations, to get stories of what they have seen. because most folks who live in isolated areas seem to have plenty of great stories.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Interesting if it's a true report, the only problem here is, I can't see the name of the newspaper in which this story is alleged to have appeared in.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I found this early article dealing in more detail with the original story.

July 17, 1997
The SAS, Aliens and Big Cats Posted by blather

This week it looks like the silly season has really kicked in, this time with an army boot. Freaky On page 29 of The People (British newspaper), Sunday, July 13, there was an article entitled 'SAS In Alien Riddle', which told of the experiences of eight SAS soldiers waiting to ambush IRA gunmen in south Co. Armagh, in Northern Ireland.

They were lying in wait, by an arms cache, when they saw 'up to four grey figures'. The 'aliens' and the soldiers exchanged stares, then the 'aliens' disappeared, and seconds later the soldiers witnessed a 'flash in the sky'. The SAS men were so freaked out by the situation that the ambush was aborted, and they left the scene.

Interestingly, Blather had to dig halfway through the 300 word article to discover that the alleged incident took place four years ago, and only now has it been unearthed by a former army intelligence officer to a Ulster UFO study group.

As the purported incident happened in South Armagh, we are given to wonder about the involvement of The Irish Centre for UFO Studies, who have already been mentioned in Blathers 1.3, 1.8 and 1.9.

blather.net...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Interesting if it's a true report, the only problem here is, I can't see the name of the newspaper in which this story is alleged to have appeared in.

According to this:

On page 29 of The People (British newspaper), Sunday, July 13, (1997)

blather.net...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

According to this:

On page 29 of The People (British newspaper), Sunday, July 13, (1997)

blather.net...

Done a search through U.K. archives and there's no reference to this, doesn't mean to say it's a fake incident, but if there's no original article then the story is a little shallow imo.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

The Blather article does say the event happened 4 years earlier (1993?).

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Apparently in March of 1993 there was a UFO 'FLAP' over this area of Ireland:

THE MARCH 1993 'FLAP'.
The night of March 30-31st, 1993, will remain long in the memory of many people in these islands.

www.angelfire.com...

edit on 28-4-2013 by IAMTAT because: QUOTE ADDED

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

There's nothing in the MoD archives that I could find which would have validated the case nor elsewhere online.

The original report is a genuine newspaper story appeared in the People on the 13th July 1997. The scan in the OP comes from the said paper (not that it is the most reliable of news sources).

Click for reference to it here

But there is so much missing detail that I'll leave it to everyone to make their own judgement on this case.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There is a saying "like mushrooms, fed on sh*t and kept in the dark" and that much sums it up here in England. The British stuff upper lip and see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, is the only way those who rule this place treats its citizens, or else you will be carted off never to be seen again.
When i first became "aware" that Earth was being visited by aliens, it was because i awoke somewhere other than my bed back in Sept 2010, i awoke on some sort of table surrounded by beings i had never seen the like of, my mind had nothing to compare with at that time. I made the mistake of going to my Doctor, where i underwent a barrage of tests all of which came back negative, it took everything i had to persuade her not to have me committed to the local asylum, after promising to undergo psychiatric evaluation, she let me return home, i had never been so frightened in all my life.
As it so happened within a couple of sessions with a psychologist she not only declared me sane but had offered me a job counselling girls getting over abuse, so i asked her what her opinion was for which she had no answer, the only thing she could suggest was ear plugs and an eye mask when i went to bed LOL.
They in power know it is happening but they will deny until the cows come home in part because they do not have answers or at least answers they are willing to impart to the people, and that the fear of panic or at the least uproar when they realize that the governements of the world have been working with them for years.
edit on 28-4-2013 by monica1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, Lets just assume that this event did take place, SAS not withstanding, what would you have done?
As an active duty soldier, ROE is grilled into our heads an in a situation like this, its hard to act on anything, you get your Warno, prep, then you recieve your Oporder, briefed that this is an ambush, an don't engage unless you have positive identification that its the enemy, your brief on the enemy, know what to expect an discern, the rest is command decision based on the units PL discretion, but your in position during overwatch an suddenly you see 4 small grey beings, Frago! you just don't engage...then again you can't deny the possibility of some sort of enemy foul play at work. You don't shoot, but evaluate. The beings did'nt engaged, but simply "vanished" followed by a bright flash in the sky, the PL's first thing to do is call it up, I think aborting the mission may have been too hasty, then again it could be a blessing in disguise, perhaps they went with the mission an got killed, then the story would have never made it out.
Me personnaly I might have said somthing but my training prevents me from doing so, your battles are at risk of being shot an you don't want any casualties, sooo I prolly would do the same as the SAS, stare back, finger on the trigger well, weapon status red, until told otherwise. These kinds of sitiations are slippery, considering its a combat focused enviroment will any wrong move can get you killed.
Course one thing we never considered is, did the beings do anything to them? It would'nt be on the report of coyrse because they prolly were'nt aware of what happened, in some cases when people encounter EBEs, there seems to be a period of time they can't seem to put there finger on, in what they said an saw of the beings in a relatively short period of time could of been hours if the beings used telepathy an entranced them. For all we know the team could of just been dropped off an not even aware they were abducted an were only aware of the beings as they were just leaving. Interesting theory I suppose.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Just to clarify the earlier postings. The original clipping from the newspaper is referenced in the National Archives

DEFE-24-2047-1 on page 221

However no comment is made in the document about the incident.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
Well, Lets just assume that this event did take place, SAS not withstanding, what would you have done?

Personally, once I realized they were aliens and not innocents, women or children, I would have taken a shot. Seriously, an alien right in my scope? Orders or not, I would have went for it. Right between those big freaky eyes. So I risk court Marshall maybe and even if I miss and they retaliate with a ray gun, at least I would be able to make some cash giving lectures and stuff.

That makes the most sense.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I doubt there sighting was a quick as they thought, time perception is an easy thing to manipulate. In fact it could of been hours or even days. It's pretty much the staple of all sightings and abductions, and how they all go down. There is always a little bit of missing time, though some of them do not even seem to be aware of it. And human memory as well is a very malleable thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I was based there during that time and did regular patrols into South Armagh.. I also had cause to work with troop including the reactive ambush observation posts (op black).. Have to say this story is news to me.. :-/

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Personally, once I realized they were aliens and not innocents, women or children, I would have taken a shot. Seriously, an alien right in my scope? Orders or not, I would have went for it. Right between those big freaky eyes. So I risk court Marshall maybe and even if I miss and they retaliate with a ray gun, at least I would be able to make some cash giving lectures and stuff.

That makes the most sense.

Lol, "makes the most sense", congrats you've just killed the alien son of a high prominent military alien advisor on a simple survey mission, how does it feel to bring about the destruction of mankind? This is the kind of mesg we are sending to our alien brethren, lol JK.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Maybe the little grey men were terrorists wearing shell suits (like forensic people wear) to avoid leaving forensic evidence and walking on their knees to avoid leaving footprints. An added touch would be a alien mask to conceal their identity. The flash in the sky could be flare to indicate a successful mission.

Who in their right mind would report that to the police or their superiors?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
Here, you got me thinking.

People who know about these SAS squads know they were kill squads (shoot first) so anyone going there would not stand a chance.

So why didn't they shoot 'em?

I think I can give an appropriate answer because of an experience of my own. Our daughter (our oldest) and youngest son have their birthdays on January 20th & 21st respectively. The lunar eclipse fell on our son's birthday in 2000 and after ice cream and cake, he wanted us to watch it with him. It was on of those crisp Southern Indiana Winter nights that make for unlimited visibility but pretty much take the fun out of sky-watching.

He sat outside the whole time wrapped up in a comforter in a lawn chair. My wife and I would come out and watch a while and then go in to warm up.

I didn't realize 'til later that on an earlier trip outside I'd caught a whiff of someone's wood stove and noted how nice it smelled. When the eclipse was down to just a sliver and creating that odd glare you'll only see during a lunar eclipse on a totally clear night, I saw something out of the corner of my eye and looked to the NE expecting to see a puff of wood smoke. Instead, (in the area of the constellation Lynx) I saw a perfectly round disk with dim greenish-blue lights around its perimeter pop out of a very odd distortion in the sky. (I later saw a report where a guy in Costa Rica said it looked like someone had peeled away a chunk of the sky. That's a pretty close description)

The object was traveling at such a high rate of speed that it wound up going basically horizon to horizon (Lynx to Orion in the SW) in 8 - 9 seconds. By the time I recovered enough from the shock to remember I had two witnesses and pointed and got their attention, it was passing between the Moon and straight up from our vantage point.

I can easily picture even the most hard-nosed special ops behaving out of the ordinary when they suddenly see something in their sights that people (supposedly) Just Don't See...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

You know a while ago, I was outside checking out the night sky, as I always do, an it was particular a cloudy night, but a full bright moon, well as usual I'm looking an decide to focus on the moon, well as this massive cloud formation begin to pass over it, it created this weird glare, an as the cloud completely crossed over, it created this crazy blurred triangle if light, this caught me by utter surprise an for a brief second I was ACTUALLY frightened, what was this I was seeing? Well the cloud formation completely passed an the glare of light was gone. I sat there an pondered what happened, although it was no craft but just wierd light displacement, it really made me think about how if someone really saw somthing, they prolly would have the same reaction and back then I use to think I was hot sh## an feared nothing as I was 6'3 an 250lbs with a Gold's membership, oh man I totally felt stupid, this was before I joined the military. I wonder how I would react then now that morters, IED blast, grenads, M249/M4/.50Cal ranges hardly effect me concussive an noise wise....
I think the biggest thing we take from this is, as people like us, us meaning here on ATS, do we mentally prepare ourselves for a chance encounter with anything ufological an or EBE wise? In other words, our fascination of the unknown an constant debate of this subject, IMHO, has been gearing us up for a chance encounter, I think our tight nit community would respond way more casual then most MSM blinded people who don't know any better, almost as if we meet aliens on a daily basis...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

back then I use to think I was hot sh## an feared nothing as I was 6'3 an 250lbs with a Gold's membership, oh man I totally felt stupid, this was before I joined the military.

what is gold membership ? what military you join ? what country ? army or navy or marines or airforce ?

I wonder how I would react then now that morters, IED blast, grenads, M249/M4/.50Cal ranges hardly effect me concussive an noise wise....

IED Blast hardly effect you ? what are you really ?

These SAS operatives are just human being like us. They are older and more mature than the usual young soldiers. They came from other branches of military before they joined SAS. Their 'selection' is harsh and its both physical and mental selection. Yet they are also prone to mistakes that human being do. Remember 2 carload of SAS operatives that got arrested by Irish police for crossing the border ? or the farmer that got killed in a weapon cache ambush because of misidentification ?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by milomilo

what is gold membership ? what military you join ? what country ? army or navy or marines or airforce ?

IED Blast hardly effect you ? what are you really ?

Err...Gold's is a gym. IED blast....read to the end of the sentence. Basically, the noise and pressure wave doesn't scare him anymore, as he's used to them. HTH

I can't believe this thread is still going

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join