It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British SAS in 'Alien' Riddle : “little grey men” walk into ambush - then vanish

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I have been reading all of your posts so far on this thread and I must say I think you are very confused about what 22SAS actually do and done in NI.

Moving on to the issue of the alien encounter, I personally don’t think it really did happen but I commend the OP for posting this information, it is nice to see some original content on ATS rather than the usual regurgitated nonsense that often plagues the boards.

If this was true, the guys on the ground would not have engaged, they were in hiding looking to ambush an IRA weapons stash to have engaged would have compromised their mission. They would not have engaged them they would have observed and reported on what they saw. Even if this was true think about it from the perspective of a trained Special Forces solider, you see what you think or know to be a alien being, your not going to shoot at it. To shoot at it and not know what capabilities it has could be suicide furthermore you could start some kind of massive alien attack of earth at worst (again I know this probably didn’t happen)

So while yes I agree with you that it probably didn’t happen I disagree with your reasoning but I disagree with your attitude towards other members more.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Man, you may be the single most abrasive and arrogant poster I have seen on this site in two years. You offer absolutely nothing of use to this thread and instead seem to just use this discussion as an opportunity to bully other people.

Take this as you will, but aliens have been reported to be working in and around military bases and operations more times than I can number. In UFOlogy it is actually quite common.

And to suggest that a squad on a sensitive ambush mission would simply fire upon aliens just because...well, WHY?... makes no sense whatsoever, and instead shows a general lack of knowledge of both military operations and general knowledge of the UFO field.

But don't worry, you'll get a few cool points from the other narrow minded fools who are starring your ridiculous posts and you can rest easy tonight knowing you took whatever opportunity you had to call random people on the internet "idiots."

At least user ignorant ape stopped JUST SHORT of actually calling fellow ATS members morons.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ahhhhh, a newspaper clipping. This must be a real incident.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Sorry, I missed your follow up question. But to be honest, short of getting interviews with these hypothetical soldiers (as I already stated, I neither believe, nor disbelieve this story) there is no way to get "scientific" with this report.

My participation in this thread really only had one purpose. That being to address the comments that questioned why these soldiers didn't just blast the aliens to smithereins. Quite simple really, it wasn't within their mission parameters and would only serve to ruin the mission itself...at best. At worst they would have been killed.

I then drew parallels between this story and other reports.

Again, I neither believe, nor disbelieve this story. I am simply saying it isn't as outlandish as some seem to think.

Sorry if that isn't "scientific" enough for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
interesting ... not surprised at lack of details on the incident .. s.o.p ... in late 60's early 70's there were a few incidents on the cambodia / laos / vietnam border region involving s.o.g units encountering et ... those also hushed up as well ... heard reports also out of russia of soviet spetznaz troops having encounters as well .. seems for some reason et has an interest in battlefield areas around the world ... wondering if the s.a.s guys ended up in mental ward after the incident the way some of the s.o.g guys did ... alas .. more questions and no answers ... s&f

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow. Very interesting. Thanks for the presentation and nice job with the research. Very interesting case. Either they saw what they claimed or..... They all agreed to abandon the stakeout for some unknown reason and concoct a story. It does seem that the story opened them up to varying degrees of ridicule and most likely stopped their chances of being promoted so that does seem a bit unlikely.
Thanks again for the great information

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hard to know whether to believe these kinds of "accounts" newspapaer or rank aside. Some papaers would do anything to sell a story

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
" they saw
three, perhaps four, small grey figures in human form."

"These men were fit, highly-trained observers and to
put it down to some flight of imagination would be absurd."

Eight, highly trained observers who stared at the figures in their sights for over a minute, and yet didn't know if there were 3 or 4?
c'mon people, this isn't real. Either that, or the SAS isn't all it's cracked up to be.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

What about the story seems "silly" to you?

That a group of elite SAS soldiers would come back from a failed mission and give their commanding officer that story is silly , the fact that we're expected to believe not only did that happen but the story got out to a group of Irish UFO hunters ... That's ridiculous .

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I agree to a point about the story getting out, but not entirely. Stories ARE leaked from time to time.

Also, if we assume the story is true, verbatim, what would you expect the soldiers to tell their commanders? That they just up and left their post cuz they didn't want to follow orders anymore?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That a group of elite SAS soldiers would come back from a failed mission and give their commanding officer that story is silly , the fact that we're expected to believe not only did that happen but the story got out to a group of Irish UFO hunters ... That's ridiculous

I would agree although I think this is a fascinating and interesting thread because of its originality and the subject matter logic dictates that it’s probably not true, even though there is a part of my mind that wants this to be true.

I think that it would be very interesting to see if anything is contained within the UK UFO files about this. I would doubt it as the UKSF is exempt from the freedom of information act through which they were obtained.

edit on 27-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Also, if we assume the story is true, verbatim

That's a mighty big assumption , if we find another source then it may be worth debating but given the source is The People I think it was tomorrows fish and chip paper , not meant to be taken seriously .

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

And I agree here.
Just saying, the contents of the story itself are not silly at all, IMO.

There is truly no basis to form an opinion one way or the other for me, but it is most likely bogus.
As OtherSideoftheCoin pointed out above, we will also not get any corroborating evidence either, as this case involves Special Ops soldiers. Basically everything they do in the official capacity of their jobs is deemed highly sensitive and will not be released through freedom of information searches.

So we are stuck with a neato story and that's all.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
Ahhhhh, a newspaper clipping. This must be a real incident.

Naah just a real newspaper story.

As said in the OP there is only one source The People, a tabloid newspaper of debatable quality. The whole thing is probably just a space filler that often appear in tabloids during the silly season. With no corroborating evidence it is very easy to dismiss the story. The source, the witnesses, and the date are all unknown making it impossible to validate the story. 16 years later it is doubtful anything more will ever come to light.

However you almost never hear of a British military unit encountering ET which makes the story an interesting one to me despite all of the above.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
After doing a good search of the net, and finding that the only source for this story is the People newspaper, the only conclusion is that it is a fake story, not uncommon for papers such as the People.

No offence meant to the OP, but definitely a hoax.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It would of taken a lot for a SAS unit to leave their post for any reason without good reason as these are guys trained to some of the best soldiers in the world, probably i'd imagine the IRA turning up with some unidentified people perhaps expecting to be ambushed by the SAS and given they couldn't open fire without risking the safety of the possible death of several innocents and depending on the briefing/current political view of bystanders in the line of fire they may of had to withdraw due to the fact of unidentified targets of opportunity which would to a journalist almost sound like aliens

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
It would of taken a lot for a SAS unit to leave their post for any reason without good reason as these are guys trained to some of the best soldiers in the world, probably i'd imagine the IRA turning up with some unidentified people perhaps expecting to be ambushed by the SAS and given they couldn't open fire without risking the safety of the possible death of several innocents and depending on the briefing/current political view of bystanders in the line of fire they may of had to withdraw due to the fact of unidentified targets of opportunity which would to a journalist almost sound like aliens

I doubt things were as complicated as that. The SAS would have had to stand down if there was any risk to innocent bystanders and their superiors would understand that.

It's probably a fake story but with a slight chance that there is some truth in it. We'll probably never know either way now.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Mc

Mac

Ira

Aliens = demons

IRA = aliens
edit on 27-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
Mc

Mac

Ira

Aliens = demons

IRA = aliens
edit on 27-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

errrr what

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There are probably some IRA guys sitting in a bar somewhere saying: “remember that time that we put on those gray rubber suits with the big foam heads and scared the #### out of those commandos that were waiting to ambush us...”

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join