It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Solve It? Sherlock Needed!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Dude... It's about the journey. Oak Island tells me nothing. I want to know how the story leads to Oak Island. And I don't want a hurried spoiler to tell me, I want.to watch the members figure it out and maybe help a little along the way. That's why its called a game... Sigh... Nevermind.

Thank you Captain Obvious. Wasn't addressed to you or relevant to you, not to mention late as all get-out. So let's let sleeping dogs lie and continue the little game, shall we? Thanks and good day.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

A lady she be, on her back and covered in white.
Crowley climbed her and left her a secret, a secret of might.
The power of the Stele is nothing, nothing without the black reflect.
The Obsidian Speculum someboDee did use and now it's time to collect.

Dr. John Dee. Prominent character in the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series, based on a renowned scientist of the same name. The "Obsidian Speculum" is a mirror that he developed for his occult practices.

Not entirely sure about the secret. But I hope this gives the participants of the thread something to work with, and maybe satisfies River. Will get back to you on the rest.

ETA: I'm guessing the secret has something to do with his Book of Lies, which references Leila Waddell as a significant inspiration. A noteworthy quote which points to his book as the answer to this particular stage of the riddle:

[Reuss] said that since I was acquainted with the supreme secret of the Order, I must be allowed the IX° and obligated in regard to it. I protested that I knew no such secret. He said, "But you have printed it in the plainest language." I said that I could not have done so because I did not know it. He went to the bookshelves and, taking out a copy of The Book of Lies, pointed to a passage in the despised chapter. It instantly flashed upon me. The entire symbolism, not only of freemasonry but of many other traditions, blazed upon my spiritual vision. From that moment the O.T.O. assumed its proper importance in my mind. I understood that I held in my hands the key to the future progress of humanity.[

The above is an excerpt from Confessions, another of Crowley's works. Surely the supreme secret of the Order is a "secret of might"?

Definitely looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I told you there was more to this story!

edit on 26-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Lady on her back and in white, Crowley climbed her--reference to sex magick?
Left her a secret of might--magickal child/homonculus?
The obsidian speculum is for communicating with dark spirits/demons and the goal of the magickal child was to capture a powerful demon into a human body. Need to talk to a spirit to coax it into a fetus? Super tired so throwing it out there. Could be way off. Jack Parsons was also interested in such an undertaking.

Leah Hirsig aka "Alostreal" was another of his Scarlet Women of note. She was associated with him around the time that Crowley wrote "Moonchild". He actively sought women to give birth to his children. Had mostly girls but one son--Aleister Astarte. Two girls (maybe one?) survived childhood--Lulu and Lola. I think Lulu was Leah's child by Crowley.

Like I said, could be way off....operating on way too little sleep.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Awesome creative skills there, but unless I'm under a mistake impression from the thread's progress up to this point, we're supposed to figure out the clues and River puts them together. Otherwise, there's numerous ways it could all click and we'll never know until River says yes or no. After all, there's a story in mind already and River is just letting us find the pieces.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm listing possible clues based on what it could be referencing, one of which could be the answer to today's riddle....now I'm not even supposed to do that?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I'm listing possible clues based on what it could be referencing, one of which could be the answer to today's riddle....now I'm not even supposed to do that?

The thread has, despite the mythos connected to its clues, remained relatively anchored in plausible reality. I was only suggesting that guessing which direction these clues will take us is a futile exercise, as the only person who actually knows the answer is not currently present. I apologize if I offended you.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

The thread has, despite the mythos connected to its clues, remained relatively anchored in plausible reality. I was only suggesting that guessing which direction these clues will take us is a futile exercise, as the only person who actually knows the answer is not currently present. I apologize if I offended you.

Okay. First of all, what I posted actually was Crowley's and other members of the Golden Dawn's reality. The interest in creating a homonuculus was not my flight of fancy. It was theirs and the subject of Aleister Crowley's book, "Moonchild". Jack Parsons, a rocket scientist and member of the Golden Dawn, was big into sex magick and the idea of birthing a magical child. Again--not my creativity. Secondly, the riddle, if put together in the way where you can suggest Waddell as one of his Scarlet Women, then so it also would make sense to name one that actually gave birth to one of Crowley's children--Alostreal.aka Leah Hirsig, or, alternatively one of his children. Same rational as yours. Was just outlining why I went that route based on the riddle, itself, to show the possible connections of the lines. Having children is a plausible reality though if the stele requires an obsidian speculum to work, reality may go out the window....
That clear things up?

Most obvious clue is Dr. Dee (somboDEE) but haven't seen a response yet from River. Was tossing out what I knew of Crowley and his history. Ironically enough, I didn't use google for any of it except to remember his childrens' names.Did a report on Crowley in high school just to irritate a much detested English teacher.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Either way, I'm tapping my toe impatiently waiting for the continued installments of this Dresden-esque mystery.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Crap!!! I missed the boat launch!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Don't worry, you're back with plenty of time to witness the continuation of this adventure. I must say, River does know how to build up the anticipation! We've got a Stele with transformative properties, two ancient orders desperate to obtain it, a clue pointing to an astronomer's mirror, and a powerful secret that remains shrouded in the records of Aleister Crowley himself.

Whew! Looks like we have a ways to go yet! Or so I'm hoping...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Crap!!! I missed the boat launch!!

Dito....crap!!

Nice going AfterInfinity..

About the clue...this part:

A lady she be, on her back and covered in white.
Crowley climbed her and left her a secret, a secret of might.

I come up with Iztaccihuatl, mexico.

The name "Iztaccíhuatl" is Nahuatl for "White woman", reflecting the four individual snow-capped peaks which depict the head, chest, knees and feet of a sleeping female when seen from east or west.

wiki

Crowley apparently climbed it....to hide a mirror perhaps?

Let's go to Mexico

Peace
edit on 26-4-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Elegant solution, too, OM. It's starting to look like a "choose your own adventure" book.
But where is River to confirm if any of us were close to the mark or got it?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

He said he would not come back to help along but only come back when we got it and it is time to move on. Maybe we don't have it yet. For what it's worth I thought you guys were spot on!

ETA: ok if you gave this post a star, then post a confirmation. If no confirmation comes I can assume River starred because we aren't there yet

edit on 26-4-2013 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Guilty...

I starred that post because I was about to explain the same thing and because you saved me the work I gave you a star...

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Now that was clever... Nice

I know where you're coming from regarding the baby, it sounds like we've both seen the same video?... It was a good shout, i see why you would think that.

Sorry still in progress but to just to let you know the last one was solved

edit on 26-4-2013 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up.

Please take your time. It's way past my bedtime anyway.....I'll check up in the morning.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Haha, thanks. No vid, all books from aeons ago for the aforementioned deliberately offensive research paper. I was a brat.
. Read the riddle and Alostrael (Hirsig)/Moonchild popped in my head. Now if only there was a category for "Obscure 20th Century Occult Knowledge" in trivial pursuit.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Well just in case you haven't seen this ....

You realise that the code is pointing to John Dee's Obsidian mirror, a black polished mirror made from volcanic glass and found in the area of 'Iztaccíhuatl' a dormant volcanic mountain in Mexico which Crowley climbed. Did he leave anything there?

You also realise that this material is required to help produce gold, as the two Steles will not work without it.

You fly to Mexico, make your way to Iztaccihuatl. You ask the locals if there are any stories about Crowley and his time in that area.To your surprise you find out Crowley had a mistress living close by at that time, she has long past but left a message for any foreign man that came to seek her. She told the local church that should such a man arrive give him this message...

'Go to the town of Chiautzingo, Mexico, just West of this is san juan bautistta y maria candekaria church. Stand outside and find the black iron fence, 3 silver initials, turn these letters into numbers and you will have the combination lock undone.'

edit on 27-4-2013 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I can see how I missed that. Good thing I'm not alone working on this, eh? Nice work.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Because I couldn't figure the rest of it out right away, I'm going to assume that you mean san juan bautista y maria candelaria. To the rest of the participants: I can't find anything on a black iron fence. I suspect it may be a metaphor for something that resembles a fence, but I can't find anything like that either.

Some help?

edit on 27-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join