It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Solve It? Sherlock Needed!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I'm lost. What did River's last post have to do with anything? Feels like s/he is trying to say something, but is being really really vague so as to not appear to be saying anything.

Mood was a clue in that the River was saying look at the mood in their avatar--"Path Most Trodden". You've got 3 paths on the picture of the island. One is little used and two are heavily used. Put them all together and the part of the path most trodden is probably going to be at the point where all three paths converge. My theory at least.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Still doesn't make any sense.

But yeah, I looked at the picture with the red lines on it, and like I was thinking, the middle of the island. I wanted to say it before, but it felt like I was jumping ahead in the story and I didn't want to rush it. Still, those were some crappy clues.
edit on 25-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You dig and dig and dig...... Ping! You hit a metal object.... After several minutes you uncover a metal box.... You lift the box.... You open the box.... There in front of you is the 2nd Stele!

Now all you have to do is make a choice

OPTION 1
You decide to give the 2nd Stele to Baker's daughter and the Golden Dawn

OPTION 2
You decide to give the 2nd Stele to Charles Herbert and the Crowley followers

OPTION 3
You decide to make a run for it and keep the 2nd Stele

I guess that's a personal choice though... As for the original question "Can You Solve It?" I think you just have.

Great reading your posts, I very much enjoyed it and I'm sorry there's no more.... Unless someone wants to carry it on?

I will do another some time but it's harder than it probably looks. Thanks for the input too, lots of info there.

edit on 25-4-2013 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

River wanted us to state where to dig. The clue included the word MOOD. In river's mood it says path most trodden. The most trodden part of the path is the intersection.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Still doesn't make any sense.

Let me try again. Think about it in terms of this map with the points labeled A, B, C.

edit on 25/4/13 by WhiteAlice because: link to image failure...need more coffee!!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

I say hide the 2nd stele again in an undisclosed location while rabbiting around, then make yourself known to the world. Whomever comes after you with a gun first, loses.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see why anyone needs it anyway. I can think of a lot better things to kill or die for. Gold is a pathetic thing to fight over.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I already got it. I didn't understand River's clues regarding the mood...but it's irrelevant now. The game is up, unless someone here has the wits to continue leading us on a merry chase. I would do it, but it's just not as fun when you're drawing the map instead of following it.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Lots of fun. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This has been a most excellent treasure hunt.

Thank you for this entertaining thread.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Indeed. My hat goes off to you, River, for providing us this perplexing entertainment. Perhaps someday, a suitable Sherlock think-alike will continue your good work here on the forums - and we, once again, will be led on a merry chase in search of an educational puzzle.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Thanks, River!! Was a lot of fun. This kind of stuff is my favorite type of game, which I had spotted it earlier.

I say option 2--give it to Charles Herbert. If both groups are vying for it and we had Julian Baker's name at the murder scene, written in blood--it was probably written by one of the victims as a clue. Giving it to Herbert assures personal safety and well, they can kill each other off for it because well, they're all associated with the "most evil man in the world". The victims in the murder scene were probably Herbert's hapless fellows so they are the safer bet as Baker's daughter said that they didn't know what it meant.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I agree, great puzzle.

Too short, though.

Good work all.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Thanks.

I think I would have taken option 2 also.

ETA: Sorry it was too short I can see why it feels that way.... I would have kept it going but I can only add a couple of posts a day (at most), I think it would have got on people's nerves having to keep waiting for me.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I'd rather pause intermittently than miss the rest of this adventure! There's so many places to learn about and puzzles to crack. This thread offered a welcome break in the monotony, I'd hate to see it end if it doesn't really have to. Who else agrees with me?

River, if you have the puzzles and the story to continue this adventure, go for it. Anyone who doesn't want to wait can leave. The rest of us will wait patiently and enjoy your creativity. I'm sure it will be worth it.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Dito!!

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If you don't mind waiting that's fine, I will add bits at a slower pace... works for me.

Of course if anyone wants to add a puzzle or storyline feel free.

Will post tomorrow if all goes well.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

If you don't mind waiting that's fine, I will add bits at a slower pace... works for me.

Yay!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I could add that 2-3 members in collaboration could yield a nice puzzle. The deets could be handled u2u, but it would take a few weeks to set-up.

Other than that, this exercise gave me a few ideas for another puzzle.....I love solving puzzles, but to create my own?

I'll ask two member to be collaborators. Otherwise, an upcoming thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

All you had to do was Google the riddle - you know, the part that is not in italics and is in quotation marks. The first five results all point to Oak Island.
edit on 24-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Dude... It's about the journey. Oak Island tells me nothing. I want to know how the story leads to Oak Island. And I don't want a hurried spoiler to tell me, I want.to watch the members figure it out and maybe help a little along the way. That's why its called a game... Sigh... Nevermind.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You have the Stele, you jump into the boat and head back to the mainland. Waiting for you at the shore is Charles Herbert. You explain that you managed to decipher the original Oak Island tablet but couldn't find the Stele, you say you need more time. Charles looks disappointed but understands.

You head back to your hotel room in town, that night you sit around the Stele trying to figure out what to do with it. As you do someone slips an envelope under your door, you hide the Stele and rush to open the door..... Nobody.

You open the envelope.....

A lady she be, on her back and covered in white.
Crowley climbed her and left her a secret, a secret of might.
The power of the Stele is nothing, nothing without the black reflect.
The Obsidian Speculum someboDee did use and now it's time to collect.

edit on 26-4-2013 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join