It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Style Raids. Boston Bombing. Video Going Viral.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Now that I have seen other videos and recorded news clips of the lockdown and door-to-door searches I see the horror in what is happening. The OP video does not show this very well and focuses on a single home that may have been raided for any number of reasons, i.e., a warrant, cause to believe the suspect is in that home, etc. News coverage of this incident here outside the US, especially in a non-English speaking country, hasn't been quite the same as apparently most of you have seen already. This is appalling, shocking, and certain to be a preview of more to come.

Our city was also struck by a double-bombing in 2008 during a well-attended public event that left eight dead and over 100 injured. Like in Boston the bombing in Morelia shocked our whole nation. Nothing of this proportion occurred in the aftermath, our city was not locked down and neighborhoods were not searched house by house, yet after a few days several arrests were made.

Such tactics were unthinkable in 2008. What happened in Watertown was probably unprecedented in the western world up to this time. We now seem to be experiencing a total dissolution of any expectation of privacy and security in our own homes with America leading the way down that dangerous path. It is a great tragedy what occurred at that marathon race in Boston. I do not wish to downplay the severity of this extreme and heart-tearing event by any means but I fear the worst of it all is what we are now being set up to accept.

This authoritarian show of force is programming us for a new reality of what we are now expected to welcome. I was horrified to see such things happening after Iraq was invaded, civilian homes routinely invaded and families terrorized by our military forces, it is nightmarish to see it playing out now in American towns. I can only hope I moved far enough away from it all that my family and friends do not have to experience it first-hand in our own lifetimes.

After seeing the latest in technology and tactical proficiency law enforcement now utilizes none of this makes me feel safer in the least. Just say NO, if you dare confront the evil that now awaits us.

edit on 23-4-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

Would be nice if you could tip us to the other videos if the OP one is not representative. Thanks.

Good suggestion. I assumed by the replies I was reading in this thread everyone else had already seen most of it. Nevertheless, I pulled up my browser history to find a couple examples to post but it seems the better and more graphic examples are being pulled down off YouTube at this time and only some nice and cushy examples of very polite public servants garbed in SWAT and paramilitary gear remain. It appears public opinion is being adjusted as we speak.

Hurry and do your own search. The best examples are not going to last. Perhaps they will be re-posted after the tension loosens up a bit in a few days or weeks.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Now that I have seen other videos and recorded news clips of the lockdown and door-to-door searches I see the horror in what is happening. The OP video does not show this very well and focuses on a single home that may have been raided for any number of reasons, i.e., a warrant, cause to believe the suspect is in that home, etc. News coverage of this incident here outside the US, especially in a non-English speaking country, hasn't been quite the same as apparently most of you have seen already. This is appalling, shocking, and certain to be a preview of more to come.

Our city was also struck by a double-bombing in 2008 during a well-attended public event that left eight dead and over 100 injured. Like in Boston the bombing in Morelia shocked our whole nation. Nothing of this proportion occurred in the aftermath, our city was not locked down and neighborhoods were not searched house by house, yet after a few days several arrests were made.

Such tactics were unthinkable in 2008. What happened in Watertown was probably unprecedented in the western world. We now seem to be experiencing a total dissolution of any rights to privacy and security in our own homes with America leading the way. It is a great tragedy what occurred at that marathon race in Boston. I do not wish to downplay the severity of this extreme and heart-tearing event by any means but I fear the worst of it all is what we are now being set up to accept.

This authoritarian show of force is programming us for a new reality of what we must now accept. I was horrified to see such things happening after Iraq was invaded, civilian homes routinely invaded and families terrorized by our military forces, it is nightmarish to see it playing out now in American towns. I can only hope I moved far enough away from it all that my family and friends do not have to experience it first-hand in our own lifetimes.

None of this makes me feel safer in the least.

Would be nice if you could tip us to the other videos if the OP one is not representative. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Thanks for posting that, it got me thinking and that's important

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I see nothing illegal there.

Apparently the people consented to a search, which is their right.

Consent:

Voluntarily acquiescing or complying with a request, by someone of sufficient mental capacity; a decision made in the absence of coercion or duress. Whether or not a party has given voluntary consent is determined by the totality of the circumstances.ht. I didn't see anyone breaking down any doors.

The OP said nothing about illegal activity, only that people are too frightened to say no when there's a rifle pointed in their face. Funny how when there's a bunch of gung-ho military types, in full military gear, pointing an automatic rifle in your face, you're more likely to give up your rights rather than be shot, assaulted, or tased.

Your definition states clearly that, in order for something to be voluntary, there has to be an "absence of coercion or duress". Give me a freaking break!! I see a lot of coercion, and intense duress.

So, according to your twisted logic, if a woman is raped at gunpoint, she acquiested and accepted the rape because she allowed it to happen, so it's her fault.

There will come a time, I guarantee you, when you will look back at what you posted and think about how you stood up for this police state.....and then realize that you were completely wrong, and the America we fought so hard for, you cheerleaded to be destroyed.

Hindsight is 20/20. Enjoy the future guilt I'm sure you're gonna have.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Cops = Bullies who always get their ass handed to them when caught alone, ALWAYS.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by S3rvoV3ritas

Give me a break....leave the country if you don't like it....

Instead of leaving the country ill spread this act and acts like these on forum boards and social networking websites in order to highlight the ways in which Americans are losing their liberty. I will stand and fight and help in any way I possibly can, instead of fleeing in FEAR.

Your attitude of "If you don't like it shut up or get out" is in it's final demise.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by S3rvoV3ritas

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by S3rvoV3ritas

Give me a break....leave the country if you don't like it....

Instead of leaving the country ill spread this act and acts like these on forum boards and social networking websites in order to highlight the ways in which Americans are losing their liberty. I will stand and fight and help in any way I possibly can, instead of fleeing in FEAR.

Your attitude of "If you don't like it shut up or get out" is in it's final demise.

ironically, cowards like him yelling for everybody to leave if they don't like it, will be the first crying and begging to leave the situation THEY find themselves in when THEY come for HIM...but hey, I will gladly ignore his screams and let him & his kind die or get taken away...nazis

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Oh the dorks are still out in force.

There's someone running around you're neighborhood who has just killed people and doesn't want caught.

If we find him on your property, we'll just leave him there shall we...!!!?

Don't be a complete plonker dude! What has got into your head ?????

(By the way he's just admitted he and his brother did it so that squashes all the stupid naysayers)
edit on 23-4-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

Lets make that deal then.

Most people will rather take their chances with a 19 year old hidden in their back yard armed with a hand gun running from every state cop, than having humvees patrolling the streets with the guys on the turrets aiming at the windows, swat teams fully geared up yelling at civilians and forcing them to put their hands up treating them as criminals, armored vehicles roaming around the neighbourhood making it look like a war zone, the army bursting through their front door using war tactics on civilians while their buddies camp strategic vantage points and go on patrolling the streets with regular weaponry, full body armor and itchy trigger fingers like boston is freakin Ramadi and every civilian is a possible threat.

So yea, I think most people will make that trade off - there... next time, call your hounds home.

Thanks.
edit on 23-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
I can understand that police officers are having to work a whole lot of shifts these days due to budget cuts. I can also understand that they do have pretty scary jobs. I can also see how the combination of the two can make an almost toxic combination to make them a little more ruthless, edgy--whatever.

I've heard all these excuses come up whenever a cop is involved in any kind of abuse of power.

"Well, they are under a lot of stress..."

That doesn't matter at all. People should only take the job if they can handle it. If you can't handle it don't take it out on other people. Don't get me wrong, there are good cops out there, but a fair amount of them were the jock bully type in high school who enjoyed pushing other people around. The wannabe 'alpha males'. They get a kick out of dominating others so they took a job where they will have many opportunities to do so.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Well done on trying to rebuke the blatant 'anti-conspiracists' who have begun a process of flooding this thread with ridiculously inane defence of the jackboot thugs who were 'just carrying out orders', the mainstream media (ministry of propaganda) and of course the wondrous forerunner of the diabolical Fourth Reich (sorry, I mean 'the present administration') responsible for delivering the globalist agenda on the proving ground of Boston (sorry, I did it again - I meant to say 'responsible for saving the people of Boston from the tyranny of terrorism')

This whole thing was a great opportunity for testing the response of the citizens when faced with totalitarian oppression. Reading through these threads, it's really easy to see deliberate attempts to steer the consensus opinion through certain well known tactics of ridicule and pseudo-appeals to patriotism, nonsense statements regarding the dynamic of what went on in terms of legality, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Now that this illegal and de facto state of martial law has been successful in a weaponised Western nation, there is a good chance it will be further tested in rural areas of the USA, and then onwards towards a totalitarian empire.

Because only that will protect us from the terrorists.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
let me guess?

1. - You don't live in Watertown?
2. - It wasn't your neighborhood a crazed gunman bomber was loose in?

Now if there was some madman loose in your neighbourhood, who could easily have come inside and been holding you captive, you'd be ok with the Police just knocking on the door and accepting that no one has a gun trained on your family so you'll get rid of the Police.

Man, you are crazy!

I think I'm getting what ATS is all about already. Crazy conspiracy people. People who don';t use their brain and blame everybody and the Government for their problems.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

1. No I don't live in Watertown. Last year I lived in an area of the United States where people get killed ALL the time. Last year there were 4 murders in my immediate area/neighborhood (one that was 5 houses down the street) and so many shootings I lost count. In other words, I live somewhere much worse and more dangerous than Watertown.
2. See response 1.

How is it that this bomber would get into someone's house so easily? You try to make it sound like getting into someone's locked house is as easy as it is in the movies.

If the bomber wanted to get into a house HE WOULD HAVE DONE SO and they wouldn't have found him inside of an unoccupied boat!!!

I guarantee that if he had tried getting into someone's house the people living in that house would have HEARD this act. You really think that this guy is going to have time to pull out a lock pick kit and silently enter a residential home?

You must be crazy!!!

I'll stop my argument here because you have all us ATS users all figured out and we're all crazy anyways so there's no point in trying to get your "O-So-Sane" argument across. We don't use our brains either.

Now if there was some madman loose in your neighbourhood

By the way its spelled neighborhood. Not "neighbourhood".

Next time you come in to someone's thread calling everyone brainless and crazy make sure ALL of your i's are dotted and t's are crossed and run your crap through spellcheck. It's infuriating to be called unintelligent by someone who is equally, if not more unintelligent.
edit on 24-4-2013 by intrepid because: Insult snipped.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

I think I'm getting what ATS is all about already. Crazy conspiracy people.

Nice baseless attack on people who don't agree with the official story...

Way to keep your argumentative positions, without resorting to ad homenim attacks.....

and remaining "Sceptical"

You people really are transparent, aren't you?

Oh, and since you Registered your account *TODAY* and seemingly JUST TO POST HERE...

WELCOME TO ABOVE TOP SECRET. I can see right through you.
edit on 24-4-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The only appropriate answer when LEOs come knocking at your door asking to search is "got a warrant?". Now, if they see someone they are chasing run onto your property, they have probable cause to come right on in. That wasn't the case so, I'd refuse to allow a search if it were me on both principle, and the possibility of winning a lawsuit against the agency conducting it if they went ahead.

Personally, I'm glad this video has gotten around like it has. Massachusetts is one of the few states where the citizens have been nearly totally disarmed, the sheepishness of the people of Watertown doesn't really surprise me. Why would any citizens of MA who've abdicated thier rights and responsibilities for their personal safety to the government, via the people they've elected and re-elected over the years, refuse to co-operate with their benign masters?

I pretty much agree with the official story, and think that the membership here is pissing on the people killed and hurt with some of the more outlandish theories going around (as usual).

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This is a joke right? Stop whining about your supposed rights violations. How about those who were murdered? Now THAT is a violation of your rights - your right to exist!

A couple things that invalidates your point:

1) There's something known as the "hot pursuit clause." This states that if police believe a suspect to be in a location, they can enter and search for that suspect. They weren't checking for drugs, weapons or other contraband. They were making sure that he wasn't in there, holding your child hostage threatening to shoot him or her if you told them he was in there.

2) They seized control of that city. Rightfully so. But you know what? They returned control after the threat was gone.

Seriously, stop trying to make this about you and anyone else other than the victims. Bostonians got it right when they were cheering for the officers. They had no problem with the police protection, so mind your own business and get over it.

As a retired police officer, I know that these brave men and women had a tough job to do, and they did it very well.

These are not thugs or criminals. These are trained officers of the law. How many people did they shoot that day exactly? Zero. Nil. They're professionals - not killers.

I hope that none of the victims family sees this.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
The only appropriate answer when LEOs come knocking at your door asking to search is "got a warrant?". Now, if they see someone they are chasing run onto your property, they have probable cause to come right on in. That wasn't the case so, I'd refuse to allow a search if it were me on both principle, and the possibility of winning a lawsuit against the agency conducting it if they went ahead.

Asking? They weren't asking.

Go ahead and refuse. That's one thing. Try to physically resist? You'll be put down and arrested on the spot. You don't need probable cause in an emergency situation like this.

Good luck trying this case in court, too. No jury in the world would fault these officers given the circumstances. You honestly would try to sue these people for trying to do their job. Amazing. Yet these people would gladly lay their lives on the line to protect people like you.
edit on 4/24/2013 by JBurns because: Forgot to mention the court part, and shrunk the original quote

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
First, the video has been taken down. By who? Don't know. Why? Don't know.

Second. Freedom requires personal responsibility. There is an inherent risk to personal
safety when all men are free.

Tyranny requires only compliance and fear.

I would rather be responsible for my own safety and protection than to live in fear
and subjugation to those who would claim to protect me.

I am not a sheep

I do not not require a shepard

but to each his own...some are brave...some are not

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JBurns

One gun in my face or 30? Tough choice. Either will have made their intentions known, to unload on me if I don't snap-to quite to their satisfaction.

The real shame of it is for the past several decades the police have been tasked to enforce laws that perpetuate violence, support and make wealthy a true criminal class, erode their own confidence in the eyes of the public, and criminalize a sector of society who pose no threat to the public good. Those laws have been continually used for any of a number of nefarious agendas, no less an agenda to erode privacy, security, and move us toward an increasingly police state.

Now as society is waking up to the abuse of these laws and against our systems of justice and fair play that monstrous police machine that has arisen and amassed in this time is struggling to maintain its foothold and completely and entirely dominate its subjects before the larger agenda is uncovered. Both sides of this equation have been and are being played, victimized, and driven further at odds. It is an insidious game being played out under a thinly disguised but effective veil of misplaced altruism and good intentions but in the end it is the populace that must win this battle or surrender to tyranny and oppression.

I feel your pain for the rift that impedes your duties and seeks to oppress the people of the world but I cannot forgive the short-sightedness that is fueling and perpetuating the travesty.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
I'm ex military... as a civilian I see a LOT OF WRONG with having an armored vehicle with gun turret, military patrolling the streets going door to door with that kind of gear…

To be honest... my thoughts? As a civilian - I thought... silenced scoped rifle, while whole team goes in, pick one of the outhouse. If possible - take second. Lay low - if possible underground - logistics and supplies would be required of course, and since many american civilians have that sort of equipment and infrastructures as private, it would be easily achieved. Team comes back out - what? Thats actually what they deserve - I think if they do that one more time the american people should do something - Not a revolution, but a "lesson", an "example" so to speak. As military - I would actually refuse to be a part of an operation like that - court martial - sure. Me against my own? Thats not my oath, I'm sorry. I would never turn against my people, it would be easier for me to turn against my government, since they come and go, and to which I dont owe anything, and that screw us over and over again... I rather protect my people from the government.

Accepting that sort of behaviour isnt even natural by ANY means or reasons - I dont care if Freddy Krueger, Jason Vorhees and Michael Myers are all having a killing spree in the same city at the same time.

I will tell you that you are far from alone, chief–

Interesting city for a martial law training exercise.

Northeast-corridor, progressive, large student population, and one of the most unarmed states in the country, comparatively; thus making for minimal risk.

They could only attempt this in the South when it was 18ft underwater (Katrina).

Even then, at that time in New Orleans the only armed-demographic left in their homes were the elderly.

Never let a good crisis go to waste –this country is truely governed by treasonous bastards.
Which is fitting I suppose, if our friend Tinkerbell here, is anything approaching a representative sample of the thinking that occurs in this country.

~E.C.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
I can understand that police officers are having to work a whole lot of shifts these days due to budget cuts. I can also understand that they do have pretty scary jobs. I can also see how the combination of the two can make an almost toxic combination to make them a little more ruthless, edgy--whatever.

I've heard all these excuses come up whenever a cop is involved in any kind of abuse of power.

"Well, they are under a lot of stress..."

That doesn't matter at all. People should only take the job if they can handle it. If you can't handle it don't take it out on other people. Don't get me wrong, there are good cops out there, but a fair amount of them were the jock bully type in high school who enjoyed pushing other people around. The wannabe 'alpha males'. They get a kick out of dominating others so they took a job where they will have many opportunities to do so.

Absolutely agree with you. My point was not to dismiss what they have done--not at all. It's just if you know there is a problem and then you toss in these other factors, it just makes it even worse. At the end of the day, there's no excuse for having it be a police military parade that gets to bark around a section of town at the end of a gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join