It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Style Raids. Boston Bombing. Video Going Viral.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is just terrible. The government wants people to believe this behavior is justifiable due to the fact that they are looking for a bad guy, but our Constitution does not say we have rights only at certain times, but at all times. This is not legal, and it should not be. Our system was originally designed as a pretty good system, although there were a few flaws, most of which have been worked out. But the civil liberties given to citizens is perfect the way it is, and it should be obeyed, and those who violate the rights of others should be charged and prosecuted to the full extent of the law, since this is such a serious violation of basic rights given by the Constitution. The government must obey the same laws the regular citizens do, not just sometimes but all the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Thank you for your defense. Of course I am not saying the atrocities in WW2 equate to these atrocities, however put this film in black and white, and imagine the people being "rounded up" out of their homes are Jews and you pretty much have a re-enactment of what the Nazi's were doing back then.

Notice how these people ARE being rounded up, the only thing missing is a bus or truck carting them off to a FEMA camp (Dare I say concentration camp?).

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm all for catching the bad guy as much as anyone, but if 10 armed agents come to my front door and begin to bang away and order me out of my home with arms up and so forth, I'm sorry but I will not comply unless spoken to like a human being.

When a routine search becomes treating every home owner like a suspect, we have made a wrong turn.

No evidence/warrant = no entry, unless I say "sure it's ok, guys"

That was strangely unnecessary to say the least. I guess anything goes when fighting Tare!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by S3rvoV3ritas

You're welcome. When I saw images rolling in from Boston's lockdown, I was really somber and disturbed. Watched a video earlier today--no clue where it's at now--where the people filming were actually very spooked to see tanks and whatnot coming down their road. Considering that what happened in Germany in the years up to and during WWII has been a school lesson for all of us, I don't find it odd at all to see a little of that in a little of what happened in Boston. I think what it is may be is that fear that would emanate from seeing heavily armed law enforcement with what looked like m4s and in tanks, where it wouldn't feel safe to go against their wishes in such a heavy display of aggressive dominance over the average person...and that is what I see in common with what happened in Germany. We do what we do to survive in the short term when we're frightened, even if it's not the most ethical or beneficial in the long run.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I see nothing illegal there.

Apparently the people consented to a search, which is their right.

Consent:

Voluntarily acquiescing or complying with a request, by someone of sufficient mental capacity; a decision made in the absence of coercion or duress. Whether or not a party has given voluntary consent is determined by the totality of the circumstances.ht. I didn't see anyone breaking down any doors.

what are you talking about, they said if you didn't open the door, they would blow a blow horn, and then knock down the door, get your # straight

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

You are right. In my original statement I explicitly expressed the idea that Bostonians gave up their rights and allowed the police/military to stomp on the constitution in the face of Fear. Fear is what drives these people to do such shameful things such as giving up their rights. The sad part about that is that our government KNOWS how to use fear against it's people in order to get them to give up rights. Those who would sacrifice security for liberty deserve neither, and Bostonians got the treatment they deserve.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Yoda has it right all these years.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantConfusion3
I can't wait to see what other Boston residents have on video from the lockdown. Every new photo and video I see outrages me more than the last.

Thank Gawd. Someone else who is sane.

Something tells me you wouldn't be saying "Why thank you officers! I was just NOT really sure if there was a terrorist hiding in my underwear drawer."

Funniest thing I've read on ATS.

Ever.

So many people say "I wouldn't let them in, they won't do that in my town, not at my house" bla bla bla... But I don't honestly think that I would be brave enough to say "No. You are violating my rights." I think if that was my house, all those guys with those guns, I'd be terrified. And I bet most of the people in lockdown town probably felt exactly that way. I'm sure THEY knew no one was hiding in their homes. But still they opened their doors and complied. Now the authorities can be sure, they CAN DO THIS AGAIN....

Ditto. I would like to say (and think), that I would say "no". But with youngsters in the house I think I would roll over. You are absolutely correct; since they got away with it once, they will do it again... and again... and again... Almost certainly with increasing regularity, (and with less cause every time).

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

The Patriot act, was bad for all citizens

What the Patriot Act did was make it legal for the FBI or other authorities to come into your home without a warrant and rifle through all your stuff, download data off your pc, and do all this while you are not even at home to observe it. No Miranda rights needed even. It also made it legal for the govt snoopers to arbitrarily hook up a little black box to your ISP and listen to all the traffic there in search of a particular person's data, or to listen in on all our phone conversations, faxes, emails, and any other electronic media without your permission or knowledge.

People get pulled out of their homes physically for much lesser things than this and not even read their rights and yet it became the object of a major discussion here on ATS. Our rights were eroded with the PATRIOT ACT and Obama renewed portions of it and killed citizens with drones and no Miranda rights. I don't believe for one minute he cared about this guys rights but that State secrets were not divulged.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

The very large majority of Bostonians voluntarily consented to home searches.

That doesn't appear to be the case in the OP video. But, since the beginning of civilization, local police have not needed a warrant to search a home when pursuing an active criminal or to prevent imminent harm when they have probable cause. That is perfectly constitutional.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I'm ex military... as a civilian I see a LOT OF WRONG with having an armored vehicle with gun turret, military patrolling the streets going door to door with that kind of gear, and going through the neighbourhood with a loudspeaker telling citizens to keep inside and to shut their windows, while 2 guys are camping the roof of an outhouse with their rifles pointed at the entrance while the rest of their team goes into a civilian's house. What is this?

I'm afraid we may see more of this type of thing as things accelerate. But what should we do? Let Chechen terrorists have the run of the neighborhood? In my opinion this is going to be a worldwide problem based on what we already see as an escalating issue. Just being a realist here. Some people predicted terrorism on US soil decades ago.
This whole thing reminds me of that movie, "Children of Men" where there were rogue enemy combatants roaming the countryside and authorities barging in to homes and inner cities inside of the camp perimeters where people were mindlessly fighting each other... I think that movie was rather predictive.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

This whole thing reminds me of that movie, "Children of Men"

Or countless other movies. Take for instance Batman: The Dark Knight where Bruce Wayne has to use a device that violates everyone's privacy in order to find the Joker and Morgan Freeman was against it.
Take for instance Batman: The Dark Knight Rises where the entire City is put on Lockdown because of Terrorists.
Funny how al these movies are becoming reality - minus Batman.

My prediction is that the next movie to become reality will play along the storylines of Escape from New York.
edit on 23-4-2013 by S3rvoV3ritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Why is it that every time I see you posting in a thread, it is to agree with the Mainstream Media's perspective on events, and shout down Sceptics of "The official Story"?

Every

Single

Time

Mood: God Complex

Oh, you DON'T say....
edit on 23-4-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Hopechest

Why is it that every time I see you posting in a thread, it is to agree with the Mainstream Media's perspective on events, and shout down Sceptics of "The official Story"?

Every

Single

Time

Mood: God Complex

Oh, you DON'T say....
edit on 23-4-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

It's probably because he doesn't have the resources to hire his own professional investigators, journalists, and photographers.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buckrogerstime

It's probably because he

He?

IT's avatar is tinkerbell.... and it's a He?

Really?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

It's probably because he

He?

IT's avatar is tinkerbell.... and it's a He?

Really?

Depends if you buy the MSM's version of the Peter Pan story, sheeple.
edit on 23-4-2013 by buckrogerstime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Depends if you buy the MSM's version of the Peter Pan story, sheeple.

Well, now you are just being silly.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Once again the sparkly fairy hits in the night and runs

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by S3rvoV3ritas

Give me a break....leave the country if you don't like it....

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Oh the dorks are still out in force.

There's someone running around you're neighborhood who has just killed people and doesn't want caught.

If we find him on your property, we'll just leave him there shall we...!!!?

Don't be a complete plonker dude! What has got into your head ?????

(By the way he's just admitted he and his brother did it so that squashes all the stupid naysayers)
edit on 23-4-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

There's someone running around you're neighborhood who has just killed people and doesn't want caught.

If we find him on your property, we'll just leave him there shall we...!!!?

Better to institute martial law, and barge into peoples homes, eh?

By the way he's just admitted he and his brother did it so that squashes all the stupid naysayers

Are you sure about that?

From what I read, someone who wanted to be kept anonymous said it FOR him... so we don't even know for sure.

I swear, for people who love to demand PROOF, you sure do accept whatever the media reports awful quickly, without any proof whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join