It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid to die?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKilluminati

Thats why i try to live good , ive done bad things in my life, but i pray to God to forgive me for my bad discussions.
"Death is the only measure of life because where life ends began life without end."

piequal3because14

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
quite the contrary. while not exactly looking forward to death, i have no fear of it whatsoever. i'm hoping it will merely be a transitional phase in my existence(s).

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

A man who is afraid of death, is a man who has never lived.

Truly LIVE in each day, and you will never fear death again.
A man who isn't afraid of death is man that can look life in its eyes.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

"VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT"

"MEMENTO MORI"

edit on 22-4-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

i'm hoping it will merely be a transitional phase in my existence(s).
It will be.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Depends. I do not like physical pain so I do not look forward to the moment when the body shuts down. But if I die painless then not really. Will be nice not to have to be so reserved about what you are feeling and wear masks to not stand out. Some days being trapped in this human body with it's limitations is a pain in the backside. But I will stand my ground for whatever this is as I am meant to.

There's a time and a place to die
And this ain't it

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant

"MEMENTO MORI"

"Separata a corpore animus sacrificium ultimum."

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

Originally posted by Heliophant

"MEMENTO MORI"

"Separata a corpore animus sacrificium ultimum."

Memento Mori.
Been my signature since joining this website.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

Speaking freely here. I am afraid of death but I really would like to not be here anymore.

Does that seem crazy?

Afraid of life and death.

How do you commingle the two?

I can understand that feeling. Wanting to leave this place but still be alive. Wanting a place where you fit in "like a glove" and can be happier and less annoyed with the things that are happening around you. There will still be ups and downs but this place is so insanely much down. But the problem is our exceptions. We live in remarkable times and to expect it to be easy and harmonic at this stage in history is probably not a wise thing to do. In 200 years this place might be a really cool place to live a life as human.

edit on 22-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Beings am facing this before to long (med issues that are winning),
i have mixed feelings about this subject.

I went to my doc's last month, and she off handedly said "You look good,
shoot we may have you around another 15 years." now the offical
decloration was 2-3 years when i was first diagnosed, which was about a
year and a half ago. So the clock is ticking... But the first thing that ran
through my mind when she made that joke was..... wow, 15 years of pain
and suffering like i am now..only worse as things go down hill.. their is something
to look forward to... NOT....

people who die suddenly have it best! trust me on this one... so far it has been a year
and a half, i have yet to have a single day where i have not been in pain.
As we say in my support group, a normal persons worst day is better than our
best day. Which is so true.

But back to the topic at hand. Fear death, yes and no... when you get right
down to it, that is the part that scares me. I am sure most reading this have
been swimming, and done something silly where they ended up staying under water
longer than expected, and have that painful feeling of needing air but cant
get it yet, then you rush up and take that breath of air and feel much better.

Now in dying, you dont have the option to come up out of the water, that feeling
of needing air is going to be the last thing you remember, take into account the
medical reports that the brain continues to live for up to 5 min past the body, and
you are talking a very scary situation.

This is the part that scares me... how long will one suffer and have that feeling of
needing air before they actually die. Sadly i will probably find out, my only hope
is by then my morphine and other drugs are so high that my brain goes into a state
of confusion and i dont pay as much attention to it as it seems.

The actual act of dying is very scary, and one we all get to face alone.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I do not like physical pain so I do not look forward to the moment when the body shuts down. But if I die painless then not really.
To die painless and conscious is something very rare and I know someone who did.

And that was in 1995.

Oh and that person is a Saint.

Because of jumping the phases.

Hard to explain.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Im terrified of death. Since i was a child and learned that one day I will die too just like everyone else. When I was young maybe eight or nine I would cry myself to sleep over it eventually I stopped doing that.

Still to this day though the thought that one day I will be gone from this world never having learned everything there is to learn and doing everything there is to do. Never making as big of a difference as i've always wanted to makes me sad still.

I'm the woman who hides her gray hair, who tries every wrinkle cream. I even thought about joining a science career when I was younger in hopes of finding a cure to aging.

I accept that death is a part of life but that does not mean I have to like it.

I'm truly in awe of those who are not afraid of death even a tiny bit. Gotta be freeing I imagine.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

This is the part that scares me... how long will one suffer and have that feeling of needing air before they actually die. Sadly i will probably find out, my only hope is by then my morphine and other drugs are so high that my brain goes into a state of confusion and i dont pay as much attention to it as it seems.
Try this...it's working .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

to live for up to 5 min past the body, and you are talking a very scary situation.
Oh you don't know through what pain Ariel Sharon is going because they do not let him die.

Oh and his facts....

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I have often wondered if the true key to "enlightenment" is in being able to keep your awareness after death. To be a drop that falls into the ocean, or to become the ocean catching drops. Awareness after death is something I have pondered for a long time. I know we continue, but I often wonder if some lose awareness and just fall back into the ocean to be recycled again vs those who seem to be able to hang onto who and what they were before they died. Most after death contacts I have had have been with people who were somehow involved in spiritual workings or the occult in some fashion, like tarot readers. Makes one wonder sometimes....

I like your train of thought. It's like saying...you controlling the dream rather it controlling you. Difference between a lucid and non lucid dream. Aware or not aware.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

Im terrified of death. Since i was a child and learned that one day I will die too just like everyone else. When I was young maybe eight or nine I would cry myself to sleep over it eventually I stopped doing that.
This means that you are a good and beautiful soul.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Are you afraid to die?

No.

Of course, there is a difference between the concept of death and the one about the process of physically 'dying'. I do not look forward to what awaits me when it comes to the latter.

But... as far as the death part? Not a bit because I am sure, beyond doubt, that existence continues after physical death. I am also fair certain that upon passing from this physical existence, I will be held up and basically reviewed for every moment of this life I have lived. All the good, all the bad... and I know I have a lot to answer for.

I think we often tend to deny this post-physical existence, along with the existence of any higher power (god, etc.) because it frees us from feeling bound to having to basically behave ourselves or the notion that we might be held accountable for our actions.

Call it a matter of convenience, to live according to your own rules and then leave here never having to explain a thing. In this case, fear of death would be a growing problem because as we continually serve only ourselves and the last day approaches, we can only hope that there won't be anything else hereafter, lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14

Still to this day though the thought that one day I will be gone from this world never having learned everything there is to learn and doing everything there is to do. Never making as big of a difference as i've always wanted to makes me sad still.

I'm the woman who hides her gray hair, who tries every wrinkle cream. I even thought about joining a science career when I was younger in hopes of finding a cure to aging.

I accept that death is a part of life but that does not mean I have to like it.

I'm truly in awe of those who are not afraid of death even a tiny bit. Gotta be freeing I imagine.

You are apart of what is going on here. The butterfly effect is real and every soul contributes.

For me being not afraid of death is due to experiances I have had of things that are not quantified by science yet and I have a feeling you are in this thread surrounded by some people here who have had similar experiances. There can be a problem to the mind with knowing these things since it makes you less appreciating the life you spend here even to a degree that life becomes a curse sometimes and not a gift like it should be.

To me this place is bittersweet. This planet is so beautiful in nature, some people are so selfless and understanding that it is remarkable. But then we have the other side the small minded systems of society, duality thinking, ego greed and parasitism and enslavement of fellow soul brother and soul sisters and the almost suicidal short sightedness of some people.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I think we often tend to deny this post-physical existence, along with the existence of any higher power (god, etc.) because it frees us from feeling bound to having to basically behave ourselves or the notion that we might be held accountable for our actions.
Many people try to deny their one existence because of the fear of death therefore they deny the life of innocent people as it can be seen lately and they will be hold accountable in life and after life.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think the reason why people are so afraid of death is because it is so radically different than anything we've ever experienced. We know nothing but life.

However, since I have experienced out of body and sleep paralysis, I feel comfort in knowing that there is indeed something beyond this physical realm of existence.

The body is just a vessel for the experience of imperfection, to better appreciate the perfections of the after life.

I believe we chose to come into this physical realm in order to experience imperfection, love and many other things. Death is the pinnical of your life.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Phnglui mglwnafh Cthulhu Rlyeh wgahnagl fhtagn
edit on 22-4-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join