It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid to die?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"Death is the greatest secret in the world."

Fear of death is a common feeling for people.

Most of the people are afraid of death,which is a normal thing.

Some might say death is just a passing...in another world.

Some might say that death is the end.

Indeed death is the greatest secret ever.

But...

I think that in the way that we make peace with ourselves is the way we look at death.

Or the way that death is looking to us.

Because by making peace with ourselves it is the measure of what we might feel in the exact moment of death.

Or better said how we accept this passing moment.

And that acceptance is given by what we leave behind us,I mean our facts.

Because our facts speaks for us...I mean..our facts speak with Death itself.

Of course would be unusual to not be afraid of death.

Because fear is common feeling.

Like death is common thing.

But not at a personal level.

So,in my humble opinion I guess we shouldn't be afraid of death.

Therefore the question is:

Are you afraid to die?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by piequal3because14

Why be afraid of something that is inevitable? I am not scared to die simply because i know at some point i will. I approach death practically. I embrace it, as you stated in your post. Through all of life's moments whatever they may be, i am willing to die...if my number is up

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

I am definately not afraid to die as i am looking forward to having a really good sleep in without anyone bothering me, so i will embrace that day with open arms.

However, what i am afraid of is the suffering of myself and my loved ones beforehand.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 22-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

edit on 22-4-2013 by Rodinus because: More crap spelling!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It is whatever fate chooses it to be...that is beyond our control.It's simple....do you fear the inevitable?Or do you overcome and accept inevitability?...that is the real question.

link   
No, I am afraid of how I die and when though. There is a difference. I'm a widow, so I'm raising two kids on my own, so yes I am afraid to die before they are grown and leading their own lives. They need me. And I'm afraid of dying some horrific way like drowning, but as for death in and of itself, I think of it as a release of one form in exchange for another. So I don't worry it's 'the end' and even if it is, there is nothing I can do about it, I would just like it to be at a really old age in my sleep.

link   
I accept the mortality of this vessel, so death is not something to fear. I do however, fear injury, so it's not as though I'm reckless with my body. Exercising a certain amount of caution allows one to live another day, however this is just like turning the Reaper's hourglass upside down for a little while. Just stalling the inevitable.

link   

Speaking freely here. I am afraid of death but I really would like to not be here anymore.

Does that seem crazy?

Afraid of life and death.

How do you commingle the two?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Not in the least, though I would like to qualify that by saying I would like a peaceful, painless death.

( I.e. die in my sleep.)

I've had a good life, and I'm not ready to go JUST yet ! ( I'm only 57, and in good health.)

Slightly off topic, but you've just reminded me of an inscription on a gravestone, in a nearby churchyard, which always amuses me !

" Remember friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I,

So lain to rest as I must be, prepare yourself to follow me "

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
s&f

know thy mortality.
I believe if people lived thier life reflecting on thier mortality, that possibly they would make better decisions. Decisions that would grant them a large smile on thier death bed. But I fear most people just look to the here and now and base decisions solely on emotions and finances.
Live your life to the fullest no?

“To fear death, gentlemen, is no other than to think oneself wise when one is not, to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not be the greatest of all blessings for a man, yet men fear it as if they knew that it is the greatest of evils.”
-SOCRATES

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by doclec

Why be afraid of something that is inevitable? I am not scared to die simply because i know at some point i will. I approach death practically. I embrace it, as you stated in your post.
Indeed we shouldn't be afraid of death,although that feeling is inevitable...in the exact moment of death or before.

We all die at a certain moment in time but in the same time it might be a rebirth if and only if we understand this moment and what is coming after.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am afraid of the pain involved in death, not death itself, although....
I have been in situations where I thought I was going to die and amazingly really did not want too

I was much younger though and did not understand it as I do now.
When the time comes, death is the greatest adventure of ones "life".

IMO.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

However, what i am afraid of is the suffering of myself and my loved ones beforehand.
Oh indeed that is the only fear that we should have not to embrace.

Thank you Rodinus for your answer.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I am not afraid of death, but i might be a little afraid of how i die, please let it be quick, peacefull and painless.

I am very curious about death, not that i wish to die, but just to see what it is, i might be dissapointed though, you know like there is absolutly nothing there, but again if nothing is there i can't be dissapointed

edit on 22-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

My pleasure Piequal

Kindest respects

Rodinus

link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

It's simple....do you fear the inevitable?Or do you overcome and accept inevitability?...that is the real question.
It is more than that .

"The way we die is the way we have lived our lives here on earth."

link   
I can go in depth explaining why I don't fear death but it merits a thread of its own IMO to paint a full picture for readers to fully understand. Dreams in general, are the closest experience to what death is like. You are in a certain envirenment, with no personality...Just being...There is no sense of time, but you are fully aware of yourself and your envirenment. You might have lingering memories of your loved ones on Earth, but it's not relevant for you..of course if you are remotely lucid in the dream. You have the same essence of a tree or a flower. It's hard to explain unless you know where I'm coming from. Where you choose to go or do is based on your decision, but one thing you will ALWAYS have is your awareness.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

And I'm afraid of dying some horrific way like drowning,
Oh I use to have a friend that died few years ago.

A day before he died he was very dejected,I've tried to talk to him but I understood that he had something in his soul.

And that was the feeling before the time of death.

Because his soul and his guardian Angel knew that he will die.

I guess he had a dream before he died.

Oh and I know his dream although he didn't told me.

He died by saving a girl from drowning.

He saved a life by giving his own life.

Now he is in Heaven.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
-Woody Allen

I'm not afraid to die. It is inevitable. It's not like bungee jumping. That I am afraid of. Ergo, I avoid it. Death? It'll piss me off when I die, but it's kind of hard to be afraid of a natural occurance.
edit on 22-4-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
No. And when I die I wish and encourage that it be celebrated and not grieved upon by whoever may survive me!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I do however, fear injury, so it's not as though I'm reckless with my body.
Everything is happening for a reason.

Exercising a certain amount of caution allows one to live another day, however this is just like turning the Reaper's hourglass upside down for a little while.

Not sooner nor later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join