It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid to die?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Not at all...death is a part of life. It's part of the natural order of our existence and inevitable from the very start of our creation.

Honestly, I'm more afraid of wasps....wasps...they are evil... just evil spawns of satan in my opinion.

I'm definately more afraid of wasps than death. No joke...those freaks of nature have become way more aggressive lately. Plus, they just look evil!!!

On a more serious note, similiar to others that have posted, I'm more afraid about how it will happen and how it will effect my loved ones left behind.

Our death really only effects those than mourn our loss right? They are the ones that truly feel the ever lasting pain of death.

Just more of a reason to tell them today...just how much they mean to you and, how much you LOVE them.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by SaturnFX

I won't be able to attend my favorite bar, listen to my playlist, watch youtube videos, flirt with the neighbor, finish whatever book I was reading on my kindle, etc etc etc
You will, only it will be in a different way.

See, that's just it. I am facing my fear and realizing the likely..now, you don't know, in the exact same way that I don't know if there is something more...but in the void, I don't feel the need to demand there be more just on fear alone. I hope mind you, but I do not flat out assume and demand.

I fear death..but if I look at your comment, you fear it far more than myself..you can't even contemplate the seemingly obvious.

But again, I do hope there is more...until then, I will see every day I have as a gift, because this may indeed be all there is, in which case, it actually makes every day of life even more special than if there is a eternity of being some ghost guy after.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've gone through many feelings about dying. When i was a child i was so afraid of death when i first learnt of the fact i just couldn't get my head round that my dad wouldn't be here with me someday. That thought stayed with me until i hit an age of realisation that it was something that comes to everyone. I was never very religious as a young boy and it was not something that my parents really put on me and my siblings but i did flirt with the idea of god and heaven. To me then it seemed that death was no bad thing because heaven was a wonderful place, so i'd do my time here and move on to some wonderful fairyland.
As i hit my teens i became a non believer, listening to all the latest science had to offer, one thing my friend said always stuck in my mind "where are the dinosaurs in the bible?" This quote and the science i'd read about and seen at the time cemented my belief that there was no god or heaven. These thoughts brought be back round once again being afraid of death. I felt of death as a nothingness like switching television off or a computer screen eternal blackness or nothingness more like.
This was how i felt through out my 20's i tweaked it slightly later on so as to not have such a bleak outlook. I put in my thoughts that when you die you are left with a feeling just a feeling of how you have lived your life. This to me was such a better out look on death and made me enjoy life more always ant to be happy and make other people happy to.
So now in my 30's i'm tweaking my thoughts on death again. I don't really feel you die at all you just move into another state and once again become part of the next life that is to come to fruition.
Death is nothing to be scared of it's when new life can't be created that scares me.
Who know's how i'll feel about dying in 50 years but i'm pretty sure my body will be so tired from living that death will seem like a rest.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am not afraid of death.

I have escaped my instances of death.

The only thing about it I fear is that if I endure a slow and agonizing death.

Death is one of the most important parts of life.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Seriously, though.

I wanna be able to afford a little prop plane before I die because If i end up in a terminal state of impending death I will load it to the brim with the most fantastic fireworks money can buy and I will fly it into a volcano!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I have no fear of death, nor does it in and of itself bother me in any way.
For example, when I was notified that my father was in a bad accident and had to be flown to the hospital, I felt nothing but curiosity to see his physical condition should he still be alive. I drove there blasting Slayer from my car and when I found out what happened and that his condition wasn't as exciting as I had imagined, I left. I had other things to do that day.
I've also put myself into plenty of dangerous situations, one where the possibility of my own murder was very real. It was a great rush.

Get on my level

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The last time I saw death, I didn't want to go. I still do not. I'm worried about the hardship it would place on others I care about because I am not prepared to die. I think I have a will somewhere. Apparently the lawyer I went to didn't keep a copy. I would like to clean up and organize. I feel like there is a lot more I need to do in my life that I have yet to do. Death would be an easy out from all the stress in life. I'm willing to work and learn and endure all the stress. There are good moments worth living for. Am I afraid to die? Yes. In the future, I might not be.

I know someone who has been preparing to die for years now. It seems like there is always more to do. Maybe when that stops, who knows? I've heard others suggest that my brother or even perhaps myself had some kind of death wish in years past. It wasn't true, We just kept our guardian angels real busy.

I'm more afraid of not having a living will than I am of death. I need to get that done too. If a lawyer ever offers to do something for free, take the offer and keep all your copies in a safe place where you remember.
edit on 22/4/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have no problem with dying. I don't want to and will try to avoid it as long as possible. i am more afraid of killing.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Nope.

If there's nothing beyond death there is nothing be afraid of.

If there is a God beyond the grave... I have nothing to be afraid of.

Makes life sweet and simple with no possible surprises at the end.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

No way, in fact I am looking forward to experiencing the next adventure, but not before I've wholly completed this adventure.

I once told my children that after death was nothing. When you die, that is it. Well how terribly wrong I was....and I've since corrected that statement with my children, not before my 5 year old told me that it was his second time around here....and my 8 year old told me he was new to this experience (and he sure acts like it).

Your body is merely a vessel that contains your spirit. Once your physical body dies your spirit simply moves on.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
-Woody Allen

I'm not afraid to die. It is inevitable. It's not like bungee jumping. That I am afraid of. Ergo, I avoid it. Death? It'll piss me off when I die, but it's kind of hard to be afraid of a natural occurance.
edit on 22-4-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Hi Beezzer,

I am with Woody Allen on this! Very well stated! I may have to start quoting you if you keep up this sagacity...

Thank you - have a nice carrot flavored cookie...!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

i try to live a life so full of adventure, insanity, and such sheer awesomeness that when i am a hunded and three i will sleep forever.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by rockoperawriter

death is fun
Hmm ,I guess you don't know what forces are waiting on the other side....when death is fun.

idunno i've had an nde once
edit on 22-4-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

What is called the spirit of the void is where there is nothing. It is not included in man's knowledge. Of course the void is nothingness. By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist. That is the void. People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.

In the Way of strategy, also, those who study as warriors think that whatever they cannot understand in their craft is the void. This is not the true void.

To attain the Way of strategy as a warrior you must study fully other martial arts and not deviate even a little from the Way of the warrior. With your spirit settled, accumulate practice day by day, and hour by hour. Polish the twofold spirit heart and mind, and sharpen the twofold gaze perception and sight. When your spirit is not in the least clouded, when the clouds of bewilderment clear away, there is the true void.

Until you realise the true Way, whether in spiritualism or in common sense, you may think that things are correct and in order. However, if we look at things objectively, from the viewpoint of laws of the world, we see various doctrines departing from the true Way. Know well this spirit, and with forthrightness as the foundation and the true spirit as the Way. Enact strategy broadly, correctly and openly.

Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense and, taking the void as the Way, you will see the Way as void.

In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede

To me death is not fair at all. She is dark and wet and cold and is forever. I love the sunshine on my head and my pooch on my lap.
I guess we shouldn't be so scared about death,because we might be surprised when we will be on the other side.

Pleasant surprises,

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I'm afraid of being forgotten.
You shall be remembered.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

"Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace." Oscar Wilde

No, I am not afraid to die.

I should only be so lucky.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am not afraid of death. I will take it when it comes and i will hold my head high. I believe there is life after death. No God, No heaven but something we cannot possibly comprehend. However what i am afraid of is not seeing the people i love ever again. The lady im in love with, i would die for her but i would be afraid i would never see her again.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

1 does not feel that ANY wish to transition (temporary or permanent) from those they LOVE or ENJOY and the realm/energy zone they may have Attached to and somewhat subjectively understood... And so can see a sadness related if not a fear for some due to LOSS of immediate understood connection to those Loved and the realm/energy zone understood before death phase of the Life and Death Phases within EXISTENCE was encountered.

Personally 1 recognizes that @ times or periods environment/Prana suits or the Body times or durability can and do run out as we manifest -transmigrate -incarnate-born them...
And so accepts that death or Energy adjustments do and HAVE occurred even if some cannot remember, for some reason. So fear 1 is not sure as much as dealing with the feeling of disconnecting from know into unknown until know? Thing is the moment you realize if you do so, that you transitioned then... Was that meant to happen and if so who GUIDED you to this awareness? or if you dont realize and STILL are remanifested/ born is that due to memory wipe as your Overseen. to add...

Interesting OP piequal3because14, may the LIGHT Continue to guide those in transition and CALL those LOST in the far out realms who have lost their way.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE
edit on 4/23/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

When I pass, I'll investigate deeply the chances to post on ATS from the other side
You will only it will be in a different way.

Like here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join