It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first Predictive/Dream post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well, this is a new one for me. I've had premonitions in my life but nothing for many years now. This morning was not only a hard beak from that pattern but the oddest of things to have it happen with.

It's nothing long or drawn out. Nothing like the premonitions of my youth and 20's which I could and should probably write a book about some day. No, this was short, simple and sweet.

Something had happened, and I don't know what because I was sleeping (in the dream) and missed the announcement by the President. I don't watch TV news or events anymore anyway, but whatever it was came as a cold shock because I'd been aware of nothing like this in regular news sources either.

My wife took a phone call though, related to that announcement and came in waking me up. She was almost in tears and scared to tell me it was an automated, recorded message from the United States Department of the Navy informing us that I was among those names selected for immediate call up to report to a processing center for service under Selective Service regulations and US Federal Law.

In this dream, she was very clear and I asked several times because it made no sense, even in that setting. The Navy?! Even if the Selective Service was activated (The Draft, for those not familiar with the fact it still exists and is 100% real to this day), the Army takes it's conscripts while the Navy takes volunteers trying to hide from the Army. No offense Navy guys, but in past times? Well? ...

Anyway.. I woke with such a certain sense of memory, not dream that it was recognizable from those earlier periods of my life where some dreams were not dreams at all and things didn't turn out well in every case following them. What could ever bring about the MASS call-up of citizens into the Armed Forces? I'm 39 years old for crying out loud. I know I'm 3 years under what the Army has been taking for first time sign-ups in recent years of these wars ...but still, to be calling me by S.S. order? A LOT must go horribly wrong before they get THIS far down a draft list, wouldn't it?

Just a dream.. I know...but then, I wouldn't be posting it here for posterity and future reference if it hadn't left that sour taste of...more than just a dream?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
For world war 2 the draft was up to 45, I would think it would take either all out ww3, or perhaps a land invasion of the US to make something like that happen though.

After the United States entered World War II, a new selective service act made men between 18 and 45 liable for military service and required all men between 18 and 65 to register. The terminal point of service was extended to six months after the war. From 1940 until 1947�when the wartime selective service act expired after extensions by Congress�over 10,000,000 men were inducted.

selective service

ETA

Also from my understanding the only reason the Navy didn't draft was they had no need to as plenty signed up, but if that changed they could easily draft into any of the armed services.
edit on 22-4-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It hit you emotionally huh? Those are the ones I always pay attention to--the ones that linger in your mind for the rest of the day and put you in a mood for the rest of the week.

I, myself, had a bit of a 'predictive' dream that hit me pretty hard a few hours ago. I've been debating whether to share it or not. It could touch a nerve in light of recent events, so I don't think I'm ready to share this one. However, it may have reflected my fears or assumptions about the unfolding future of this nation.

I wonder if that's what triggered your dream as well...an uncertainty of this country's future.

edit on 22-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Navy eh? Aren't there only so many boats? China seems like the next big one, and also it seems this next war may be a war not using armies very much due to expanded drone, aircraft, and missile tech. Maybe you go to the Navy and someone younger like me goes to the Army.

I wonder having left the Army for being deaf in one ear if I could get called up for selective service?

I know what you mean about the different types of dreams though. I can always tell when it's a psychic or public dream instead of a psychological dream.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Navy eh? Aren't there only so many boats? China seems like the next big one, and also it seems this next war may be a war not using armies very much due to expanded drone, aircraft, and missile tech. Maybe you go to the Navy and someone younger like me goes to the Army.

Oh Dusty... I hadn't even thought about that. Perhaps my subconscious had though, and hence the weird nature of the way it played out? You're absolutely right, to think about it though. There are a hundred things a guy my age and fitness level could do on-board a ship where the Army or Marine Corps would just tear me to pieces before I even heard a shot fired in anger.

It makes a real odd kind of sense, when put that way. Yes...older guys probably are who the Navy would call, aren't they? In my case and these days, my presence in college wouldn't be a pass either, would it? In the High Tech military, it would be an added bonus to choose the name off a list, not a reason to defer.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yes that is an unusual post for you, which makes it even more intriguing! I'm glad you decided to put it out there and hope you continue to do so, should more of those dreams come your way.

I have to fess up, occasionally I do watch lame stream news. When I see a live broadcast of someone giving their condolences in a recent attack (for example), it's not difficult to look into their eyes and read more. Your dream is accurate to what I saw in a recent broadcast. Shocker... I think we all know its coming, right? But, what I saw really scared me in way. I saw fear in his eyes, uncertainy. That's all I'm going to say.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hi Wrabbit.I've been having terrible insomnia the past few nights,and daytime sleep just is restless,there's always disturbances of some kind,but i did manage to catch about 3+half hours.Anyway,so what i dreamt about 2-3 hours ago is this(very briefly,im on cell,too tired to sit by pc):I befriended a newspaper editor+his wife(he ran a local-type smalltime newspaper) I visited them at their apartment,and later seemed to end up working at his paper's office.Weird thing is,while i was having lunch,i noticed dirt,dust,even a small pile of feces in one corner.Worse,as i looked to the other side,there was a large bath,with corpses floating in it,shoulder to shoulder-i'm not accurate in recall,there could have been 9,or 12-and they were wrapped head to toe in bandages,like Egyptian mummies.Absurdly,in the dream all i thought was:"I don't know how they can expect people to work here,much less eat!"___________The other memory i have of this dream is of reading in this newspaper,a column where folks wrote to share their dreams.All the dreams seemed to be about fears of an asteroid/Niburu type event.I read one person's entry,that stood out in my memory upon waking:"At 2am in the morning,it was like dawn was breaking".Idk what to make of that.Best wishes to you and yours,Wrabbit,wishes for peace and safety.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Relax. You’ll know the reason for any type of call-up/draft well before you are drafted. It would have to be a pretty bad event as the military is going through another drawdown at the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Thank you and best wishes to you as well. I appreciate your reply and it is something of an attention grabber, isn't it? I mean, how our dreams reflect the inner hopes, dreams and fears of our mind's perception of things?

I suppose dreams can be looked at like feelings. They aren't right or wrong ...they simply are and need taken at face value sometimes. At times, like this one and yours, they even need a moment of pause to stop and take a hard look at to see about deeper meaning or things to be wary of.

I absolutely believe our "inner voices" and 'devil on the shoulder' (in figurative terms) represent the evolution and natural development of 250,000+ years behind early warning systems and 'Danger' signs we have hard wired at this point in our lives. We don't necessarily need to know how to read them like an instruction book or advisory bulletin ...just know how to sense when it's something outside the norms.

Anyway.. Enough with sounding like a fortune cookie. lol... I really just wanted to say thanks to all who replied on this. I don't feel quite so much like the oddball for having woke up feeling like reality was the dream and I'd just come from the real world ...if even for a passing moment.
(Talk about a weird feeling to have, too)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Hey Wrabbit,yes on a very simple level-this is how i would interpret the dream,if i had to,just a very shallow look at it,not even going very deeply into details)

The newspaper editor(he reminded me of someone i had worked for,many years ago,a very forthright and outspoken,down to earth type of man) and the newspaper symbolises the input we get from all outside sources(whether it be MSM,alternative news,talking with other people in daily life.etc-and how we must be on the alert for the effects of disinfo/misconceptions and/or outright lies and manipulation of the personal and national/international psyche.Put most basically,one literally has to wade through filth and death to stay abreast of the news-and that the very news we have to be aware of at all times,contains much corruption,at the expense of numerous lives.well,thats just one very basic way to look at it.

I would say,for the worried people sharing their dreams of fears of ELE type catastrophe/TEOTWAWKI events-i do absorb everyday,just how worried so many folks are,and not without reason,though not necessarily of ELE catastrophe's-but a gradual yet relentless insidious chipping away at rights,liberties,Morals and even the welfare and sustainability of the planet we live on.

This i did'nt mention yesterday,but i remember now,the newspaper editor's son was playing on a sort of wooden pier with a skateboard.This happened twice in the dream.I googled skateboard dream,and a skateboard apparently can represent one's fun,lighthearted side-also dealing gracefully with pressures,problems and such situations.So i would say this to mean-take great care to always keep in touch,no matter how tenuously,with your "inner child"-the ability to see the funny,the positive.

Because in the dream,i heard a voice say the skateboard is indestructable.Which i take to mean-keeping up a positive heart,even under difficult circumstances,and especially a sense of humour,makes you almost indestructible on the emotional/psychological level/ Or at least,less likely to crack anyway.
Have a good day,Wrabbit.

edit on 23-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join