It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you want to lose ego,..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Speak for yourself. I enjoy ego as it allows me an individualized experience. But just as with anything else, it is best to enjoy in moderation.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We're so f*cked...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
See their pawns put in place

edit on 21-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

Oh aren't we awesome.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Oh aren't we awesome.

Yep.

To all wondering why I reply to what's in my own posts? Get a life.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh, what I started, it's endless................................................................

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What ego does.

Ego makes you think you are things of the world. hm, Right now it seems does in fact funny things.. It seems very ridiculous now. It's rather bizar coming to such a conclusion now. It seems so innocent though, which it is not. Such a bad trip ego is.

Ego is what makes you die. "What a killer"

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
psychosomatic is what ego is.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
We all come from the One, and to the One we shall return. It may take thousands of years to get there, but eventually, the collective will all be One experientially.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Yep.

To all wondering why I reply to what's in my own posts? Get a life.

Gosh, you're just so darn rude! And you're the one talking about ego...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ones eyes must look straight forward.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

If I wanted a fortune cookie, I'd hit up the local buffet. I come here for intelligent conversation, something I'd very much appreciate if I could get you to sound somewhat coherent/relevant for more than 30 seconds.
edit on 21-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

one senses that the delta-9 is strong in this thread... t'is often the case with the ego/enlightenment issue here and why i often dont get involved in them. shrug

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by NorEaster
Your only real responsibility is to get your own development as right as possible.

When will you be finished developing yourself? And how will you know what is right?
Where are you heading?
edit on 21-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

The instant my brain dies, I'm done. The gestation is complete. Same with you and everyone here.

Then, it's on to the realm of fully developed and fully capable human beings. You can call it heaven or hell or whatever you want to call it. It's prison or paradise, and largely what you've been programmed to believe it is.

And there's the rub. We're all being programmed during this gestational phase. Whether you realize it or not, you're being programmed, and in turn, you're pitching in your bit to program others. Like being an Avon sales rep - sort of. Each primary reality view is like a strain of virus that we each pass on to someone else, and when the brain stops, the larger community that has been built and developed around the one of those primary reality views that you embraced will gather you in and settle you into your slot.

And you'll be completely sure that your reality view was the correct view. And that's be it.

Here's to hoping that you've embraced a community that is healthy and inherently positive. If not, then....

As for me, I can't really imagine being gathered by any one of the primary reality views communities, so who knows. Maybe I'll get to stop by and visit anyone and eventually everyone. They can't kill me or imprison me. I guess they'll just have to figure out how to deal with me.

edit on 4/21/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

'Program' people out of the 'program'.

can't kill you, can't imprison you. Your program will imprison you so tight it will kill.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
God damned why does it always takes ages to get trough to someone.. it's such a violent piece a sht. JESUS

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
How do you lose your ego and find peace when you are in hell? Meaning its all you see everyday, egotastic people making fun and putting each other down. And at any moment people get in rage mode like if they were on steroids.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAConsumer

The world is hell because people spread wrong interpretations of the bible. The bible is not wrong on itself, but people misinterpreted. Ego is so wrong about lot of things. Know it is wrong, all it says and all it does. Wrong interpretations are like people saying you may not hate and such. But the bible clearly says to hate evil. Such claims they make lead to abcense of emotions. Now that is what we call 'hell-like'.

We hate these people.

Oh, and now I read that last sentence. I have a brother like that (the rage mode). Me putting a glass on the table after drinking of it is enough for him to pop my head of. It's the worst suffering existent having to live with such people. They are hell themselves. I need to figure a cure for these people. I'll surely find.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Oh, miss (above) I think these people are very insecure, it's kind of an issue. But sometimes their minds go blanck, or is it -'black'-?

Beware of them when they break loose, rid yourself out of their vicinty.

Take care miss.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAConsumer
How do you lose your ego and find peace when you are in hell? Meaning its all you see everyday, egotastic people making fun and putting each other down. And at any moment people get in rage mode like if they were on steroids.

To get annoyed would be to be experiencing ego, would it not?
Sure, I see it and frankly I do wish it was better, however it will not stop me from being myself, my true self. I see the truth in why the act as they do, obviously it is their ego. If anything, I see the thoughts of my ego there, interpreting what I see, my ego expresses sadness as they are in such a way and they could just as easily be happy.

But what can you do? In this day and age anyone seeking enlightenment of any type should be able to find it. The world is in a sorry state right now, mankind is going through upheaval of sorts, people are searching for answers, maybe the answer is to just stop. I don't know, all I know is that the loss of ego, for myself, provides me with an inner peace. I am not an idiot, I see the writing on the wall, I see the world.. however it is not a reason for me to not be happy.

Is the state of the world your reason for not being happy? Or is your ego finding excuses? (Rhetorical question)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Still, a mix of confusion about onesself, and ego taking in on it is so... paralysing? I experience this myself. I must persist my way.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join