It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you want to lose ego,..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have this to say to you. You can't do it on your own. You need to be saved from it!

There is the 'ego-killer' apart from yourself. Ego is suffering and you need a savior from it. That savior is bigger than you, but he also loves you. It's your Father.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Ego is a natural component of the human condition. Without ego, we do not exist as individuals. And considering our reality is characterized by individuality, I fail to see why we should lose our ego. Tame it, perhaps. Lose it? Hell no.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If you want awareness, ask the aware.
If you want healing, ask the healer.
If you want anything, ask Him.

Now that's religous, not?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I only wanted to say, With God, anything is possible.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

If you want awareness, ask the aware.
If you want healing, ask the healer.
If you want anything, ask Him.

Now that's religous, not?

If you want awareness, ask the fool and the wiseman. One will show you what awareness is, and the other will show you how to use it.

If you want healing, ask the axeman and the doctor. One will show you what good health is, and the other will show you how to appreciate it.

If you want anything, ask yourself and those around you. One will show you what you need, and the other will show you why.

If the above quote is your version of religion, I have no desire to acknowledge any deity or belief system alongside you.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I only wanted to say, With God, anything is possible.

That is not all you said. You seem to approve of the notion of us assimilating ourselves into one cohesive entity of mainstream monotony. I can never, and will never, agree with such a school of thought as it opposes every principle and character of the human condition.

Is that what this is? You don't want to be human? I don't know what to tell you then.
edit on 20-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You should post a picture of yourself AI.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Stay on topic. ATS seriously needs to curb its leniency regarding membership. Seems like a significant portion of the active members ought to be in straightjackets. I don't know what your problem is with the human condition, but the only true escape is death.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Angle

Stay on topic. ATS seriously needs to curb its leniency regarding membership. Seems like a significant portion of the active members ought to be in straightjackets. I don't know what your problem is with the human condition, but the only true escape is death.

The 'human condition' can be studied. What is it that can see the 'conditioning'?
The human condition is needy and greedy.
And rarely satisfied!!
edit on 20-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The 'human condition' can be studied. What is it that can see the 'conditioning'?
And rarely satisfied!!

How about you set down that broad paintbrush and open up a brochure on Taoism or Buddhism? Maybe you'll finally understand that your tiny little slice of reality doesn't answer for the other 99.99999999999% of the universe. The human condition can be both needy and greedy, but if that's all you see, then I pity you. Your quaint adjectives do nothing to describe the experiences, emotions, beliefs and thoughts, interactions and vast web of effects, the heart and poetry and music and the art form that is the spiritual journey of the human soul.

And you know what? It's all possible because of the ego. Without the ego, you could never have any of those things you dream of having, any of those things you enjoy every day. No sunsets, no coffee, no cigarettes, no kisses, no walks in the park, no hot days on the beach, no cold beers in your hand, no laughter of your children or smiles from your spouse, no bandaids on the scraped knee of your grandkids or celebrations as your son or daughter graduates from high school or college. No wonder as you observe a magnificent painting, no triumph as you share the journey of a movie's lead, no sadness as your favorite character is killed off, and no relief as you learn that your father's stroke won't have long lasting effects.

You are alive because you have ego. Be grateful.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Couldn't resist posting this.

I hope you like it:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

To me it seems like you suffer as God does.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

And rarely satisfied!!

Your quaint adjectives do nothing to describe the experiences, emotions, beliefs and thoughts, interactions and vast web of effects, the heart and poetry and music and the art form that is the spiritual journey of the human soul.

See you can study what it is to be human.
The human condition can be studied - what makes it tick? What causes it to pick on others and fight?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

How so?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

God Suffers?

Bold claim....bold claims require bold proof. Show me!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think Ego is bad. Confidence in the truth is very good but confidence in untruth is bad. Ego seperates people while confidence helps to bond people together. This is a very complex subject because it deals a lot with underlying belief which differs between every person I know. Varying Motives are always involved in this.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Okay, God does not suffer. What did that reply tell about me, please?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

And rarely satisfied!!

How about you set down that broad paintbrush and open up a brochure on Taoism or Buddhism? Maybe you'll finally understand that your tiny little slice of reality doesn't answer for the other 99.99999999999% of the universe. The human condition can be both needy and greedy, but if that's all you see, then I pity you. Your quaint adjectives do nothing to describe the experiences, emotions, beliefs and thoughts, interactions and vast web of effects, the heart and poetry and music and the art form that is the spiritual journey of the human soul.

And you know what? It's all possible because of the ego. Without the ego, you could never have any of those things you dream of having, any of those things you enjoy every day. No sunsets, no coffee, no cigarettes, no kisses, no walks in the park, no hot days on the beach, no cold beers in your hand, no laughter of your children or smiles from your spouse, no bandaids on the scraped knee of your grandkids or celebrations as your son or daughter graduates from high school or college. No wonder as you observe a magnificent painting, no triumph as you share the journey of a movie's lead, no sadness as your favorite character is killed off, and no relief as you learn that your father's stroke won't have long lasting effects.

You are alive because you have ego. Be grateful.

You poor deluded soul.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No, he's not. Will this be how another thread of mine ends, in insults and stuff.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You poor deluded soul.

That's all you have for me? Aw, shucks. I was excited to see you finally prove yourself to the masses of the internet. I suppose I should have known better. You could have been great, done great things, but in the end...well...

I guess I deluded myself into thinking you had it in you.

Bazinga.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join