It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Ancient Advanced Civilizations...Would We Find It?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:
kix

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

I think the more important question to ask is.."If someone found evidence of ancient advanced civilizations, will it be handled properly and made public knowledge, or will it be discarded and suppressed?"

That is excatly what happens the evidence is everywhere, but its has been suppressed , for what agenda or purpose I dont Know, but after visiting and studing countless archeaological sites I am SURE a lot of stuff have been hidden from us.

example worth watching:

www.youtube.com... (spanish)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by Harte

sometimes, Harte, i feel it would be easier just to post a reading list and then stay clear of some threads.

Agreed

I see the same errors in observation and interpretation being made over and over, year after year - which is why you have these types of threads appearing one after another - and as they will in future.

One hint for those interested in the subject - look at what survived the ice age in Europe and then take that information and apply it elsewhere.

Adios

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dyax-
Id say the best evidence is OPART out of place artifacts

They found a lot of small hollow metal spheres 1 inch in diameter with a line carved around the center of them

I think they wer found in a coal mine an the depths of the dirt it was discovered in was dated millions of years before most theorys

They are man made an no one knows how or why
look at a moon called luptus in our solar system all becomes clear

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMate
I'll start by saying I haven't read all the replies in this post, so if this has been said; Apologies in advance;

But, what about "space junk"? Objects left on the Moon, or indeed, Mars.

If indeed "past civilisations" were as advanced as us now, or even moreso; Would there not be traces still in Space?

.... or is there! :-) one might google the dark knight satellite

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There is a correction to my previous post -

The current yuga 'kalyuga' will last 4,32,000 years.
One 'manvantar' is 71 'mahayuga', each mahayuga being 4.32 million years.
While there is no gap between 'mahayuga', there is a gap of time between 'manvantar' when earth is unlivable. This gap is equal to one shortest yuga - 4,32,000 years.

The current 'manvantar' is seventh from the creation of Earth, and 28 'mahayuga' have passed already in this 'manvantar'. This means six 'extinction level events' have already occurred on Earth as per Veda. Now it is upto Science to find if this is true or not. This change in 'manvantar' is accompanied by very energetic event (extinction by fire) which I believe is earth moving into a very high radiation zone as solar system moves around the center of the galaxy.

The God has powers much beyond imagination of man. He seeds life on this Earth like magic - not only humans but plants and animals. Humans have no powers to match God in any respect. The cycles of life and death on this planet is controlled by God and NOT by man.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Found this on the Internet:

www.discoverynews.us...

Vedic teaching tells us that humans have been living on Earth right from the start - the first 'manvantar'.
Each 'manvantar' has a different 'Manu' or a priest-king.
God has created this Earth for humans to live. It is logical that humans are here for a very long time.

At the close of current 'manvantar', there will be another devastation when Earth will be full of exploding volcanoes and boiling seas - and then it will quite down and a new race of humans will appear on Earth.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I believe that somtime in the future we may find somthing sooo incredible it will challenge our views on human history.
I just want to say that I am absolutely in love with the advance ancient civilization theory.
Why? Its not a hobby, or somthing of interest, BUT more of a longing in my heart...
Yes my heart, before we could read or write I think mankind has some sort of connection to our past, somthing amiss, a longing to remember...like some ancestral memory inbedded in our genes.
I found myself staring up at the stars one night an suddenly I started pondering like on que, who was doing the same exact thing 100,000 yrs ago? After reading up on the "shaver mystery", the continet of MU, atlantis, the undeground empire, I wondered who they were, what they believed in, what they did for a living, what was going thru their heads wondering if THEY were thinking about the far future, perhaps connecting with me as I was thinking about far into the past...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Somebody knows about our history - and that could be aliens.

There could be a civilization out there that keeps records much better than us and is far more stable society than us. Such a society will look like 'gods' to us earthy beings, but these are likely to be humans only.

The Billy Meier UFO case is worth reading. It contains references to ancient Indian civilization which I find interesting.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Yes, I've read up on ole'billy an I have to say that I was very interested, I have always theorized that ancient man had moved beyond this planet, you know the structures on the moon? I believe its their remnants.
One ancient civilization that has intrigued me was india, like "quicksilver", what like spinning mercury at high speeds, obviously there is more to that technical jargon and that the indian government is actually looking into their own sanscripts for technical clues...I rembered reading somewhere that it had been involved in some nuclear exchange with another power of that time, somthimg about linking india's high rate of birth defects, ugh I wish I could remember what that book was called or even site, UGH mad brainfart.
I agree with you on ancient man and how they are still flourishing, that they "got it right", we would be sooo mesmerizes by there technological prowess an societal architecture, they would look like gods in our eyes, I could only wonder if an when they decide to come back an see what has become of their home, if they have'nt been here already....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Mercury can be converted to Gold by a nuclear reaction. It certainly won't happen by spinning it in a container.

Why do one need to convert Mercury into Gold??

Humans need neither gold nor mercury to live well.

Vedic teaching is about living disease free long life. It is not about wearing jewellery or keeping gold bricks in treasury.

Gold and silver was used for coins in ancient India as the coins last a long time. Ancient indians were fond of jewellery as well - both man and woman used jewellery, but there were people - recluse and saints who did not use any jewellery at all.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Well, I know that gold is perfect for electrical systems, perhaps our perception of gold became twisted over time, eventually wearing it as jewelry.
As for quicksilver, I have this article if your interested....
ufo.whipnet.org...
There is plenty more info on the subject, the link above is part 2 if 2, so if you wanna read the first part be my guest, it pretty much says that atlanteans an ancient indians were pretty much at war, who knows if they destroyed themselves or some cataclysmic event, but overall the link above would direct you to that page.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

The "Vaimanic Shashtra" most likely is not authentic. This is all I can say.

Only nuclear reactions can power a craft described in Ramayan as "Pushpak Viman", if it was not flying on aviation kerosene.

Its behaviour is described like a helicopter - a very large helicopter but completely noiseless and rotorless.

Lanka's army had other airplanes - like a fighter that could become invisible and fired guns while maneuvring fast in the sky.

Ramayan also describes very advanced medical science - medicines that healed wounds in a matter of minutes.

It is possible that mercury was used as a fuel in the engine, but we do not know how it was converted into energy.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by Harte

sometimes, Harte, i feel it would be easier just to post a reading list and then stay clear of some threads.

Could you post a reading list? I understand if you're being sarcastic, but if you could point me in the direction of some books/articles/whatever I would greatly appreciate it!

I realize that for a lot of you, my questions are rather.....juvenile. Hence why I want to further educate myself before I try making another thread on this topic.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
One observation about Billy Meier records - focus on the what the ET humans say and not on what Billy says.

Billy Meier seems confrontational with ET humans at times; and his discourse on religions, God and soul is tinted by personal beliefs.

The fact is that a civilization can be very advanced technologically but still very under-developed spiritually. It is not easy to understand the nature of God and soul.

I also worry that the "West" has fallen to vices which can destroy it. Drug problem (including excessive alcohol use) and homo-sexuality are very serious diseases. The worship of money itself is a very dangerous disease.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I want to quote from Billy Meier records:

www.futureofmankind.co.uk...

Billy

Here now is something personal: Basically, I wrote the instructions for meditation after I had learned them from Sfath and Asket. But even at a young age I wrote about meditation before I put everything into a final format and published it during the 70s. And it is exactly for these instructions to meditation, or the meditation book, respectively, that I was accused twice already of plagiarizing my written material from another book.

Ptaah

I am familiar with this absurd claim. The title of the book, which you are accused of plagiarizing, is Spiritual Training Through Attentiveness. You should not concern yourself with this preposterous defamation, for none of its points is based upon the truth, as you very well know. The truth is that Sfath, and you may not remember this anymore, had translated the Satipatthäna method into German for you from various Pali and Sanskrit texts; and Asket did the same in 1954. It is for this reason that you had in your possession two almost identical translations. In 1948, as an 11-year old boy in the fourth grade, you produced a dictated manuscript of 83 handwritten pages from Sfath's translation under the guidance of your teacher, Mr. Lehmann. This manuscript was done so well that your teacher mimeographed 200 copies and mailed them to several people; among them was Rahat Sanghanan, a monk, whom you met much later on in your life with Asket's help. He instructed you in a variety of subjects. His name as monk was Maha Chohan, which means the "Great Master". He, in turn, was the person responsible for producing several copies of your manuscript during that same year, 1948, and sent them to several of his peers. This resulted in the first printed version. In 1954 Asket provided you with a new translation, which you used to revise and produce your previous text on meditation.
Together with Asket, when she brought you to him, you offered your new version that same year to monk Rahat Sanghanan. Sanghanan deemed your work excellent, and again he made some copies of it and mailed them to his peers. Together with Swami Dharmawara, who is called Ananda Mahatma ("happy great soul"), you revised your work once again during a 3-month period in 1964, while staying in India at the Ashoka Ashram in Mehrauli. Swami Ramana Sarma translated it into English and had it printed up. Then he disseminated 2600 copies of this text; 2100 copies more than the monk Rahat Sanghanan previously printed in 1948. Therefore, from the time you initially produced your first work on meditation in 1948, your material provided the basis for many other books on meditation, but their individual authors were never mentioned, and no clarification was ever made that these sundry other works stemmed from your initial material. On the contrary, the individual authors always asserted that they had been the producers of the texts or books. Indeed, they even claimed they were the translators of the original text in the Pali and Sanskrit languages, although it really originated through Sfath and Asket's effort. Several individuals who claim to be authors speak neither Pali nor Sanskrit.

The meditation technique is described in Veda and is called "dhyaan".
Vedic scholars consider Vedic Sanskrit a universal language. This is the language of the God; and every spiritually developed race is likely to know Vedic Sanskrit.

Pali differs from Sanskrit only in writing style. The words are same or similar.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kix

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

I think the more important question to ask is.."If someone found evidence of ancient advanced civilizations, will it be handled properly and made public knowledge, or will it be discarded and suppressed?"

That is excatly what happens the evidence is everywhere, but its has been suppressed , for what agenda or purpose I dont Know, but after visiting and studing countless archeaological sites I am SURE a lot of stuff have been hidden from us.

Oh definitely. It is a serious question to ask. Archaeology isn't always as professional as it's made out to be; nothing ever is. There are still a lot of "treasure hunters" out there who are violating the ethics of the field. Even worse, all it takes is an unethical person to fund that kind of dig. You'd be a fool to think that the public is made aware of every single artifactual and contexual find at a site. It is up to the archaeologist to catalog and interpret the findings. In many cases, we just have to take the archaeologist's interpretive opinion as fact.

In other words, I'm saying there's a lot of room for error, inaccuracy, and deception. Archaeology is neat and I almost got into this field, but it is a somewhat subjective discipline. Most people think archaeology is a science. It's not. It just borrows from some scientific methods and principles, but at the end of the day, it's still just the interpretation of the archaeologist we have to accept.

But for some reason the OP and some other posters seem to think I'm just a kooky conspiracy theorist
...Yeah, just implicitly trust people 100% when they find a cache of ancient treasure and wisdom and expect them to share it all with the public righhhht!

Fact is: corruptible people exist. And they can pervade any academic, scientific field. One might say that there is some "dirty" archaeology being practiced out there.

edit on 26-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
The fact is that a civilization can be very advanced technologically but still very under-developed spiritually. It is not easy to understand the nature of God and soul.

Interesting, through all my own observations, I too have concluded this, I thought I was alone in this manner, a civilization thats technologically advance can only get so far unless they advance spiritually, but here is my thing, WHEN said advance spiritually, is it always positive? Or can it be negative, like demonic worshipping? Negatively spiritually, regardless its still spiritual, so could a race not only be technologically advanced but negatively spiritually advanced too? My god what would that spawn? I think reptilians come to mind.
It also brings to mind the scenario of an ALL mechanical sentient race, though very advanced, could machines be very spiritual? Thats an open hole for me, sorry if I went a little off topic, I could'nt but remember old shows on how an ancient race died out but there devices continued to prosper, advancing themselves, like some old atlantean city...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I agree 100%, but somtimes I think money is a major factor in this particular scenario, notice I did'nt say greed, perhaps an archeologist really needs the money for his family an won't give up the find of the century unless he is paid in full, an sadly I can sort of understand in a world fueled an run by money. People need to eat, at least its for a cause to feed as opposed to greed an hoarding, an thats the real problem, greed an hoarding, along with suppression, you got a recipe of artifacts that will never see the light of day.
Also most people are ignorant, some artificats I bet are are so profound that it will change our perception of the world an question ourselves that the majority of the "masses" will not be ready to accept, simply because it challenges there way of life, 3 meals a day, 9-5 hr job, weekends off....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

People need to eat, at least its for a cause to feed as opposed to greed an hoarding

I see what you're saying, but I hope you're not trying to rationalize a breach of ethics. Heck, I bet some archaeologists are just grossly bored with cataloging every speck of dirt and seek their own excitement
like trying to sneak that ancient clay pot through customs. But mostly it's just because some archaeologists are poorly trained and/or are not in it for purely academic purposes.

some artificats I bet are are so profound that it will change our perception of the world an question ourselves that the majority of the "masses" will not be ready to accept

Just look at what the Mayan calender did. It caused quite a ruckus, wouldn't you say? Oh yeah, there's some life-changing things out there. Believe it! said Ripley.

And finally, just ask yourself, "If I found a priceless bit of wealth and wisdom, would I be able to hand it over to a museum?" ..oh yeah, and museums have been known to "lose" things as well...but there is also a black market for 'mementos' found at dig sites.

edit on 26-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I know you are from Bangladesh.

Substantiate your claim, then we can continue the discussion.

Well, not really. We can continue anyway. I don't care if you think I'm from the Moon. On with the duck shoot!

India history is constructed by the British.

Indian history was constructed (in the sense of made) by the inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent. Some arrived early, some late. Some stayed, some went away again.

I can vouch British know much more about India's history compared with what is there in the text books.

Any beans to spill on how you know this?

The original sources of Indian history – at least up to the colonial era – are textual and archaeological sources created by Indian people in Indian languages. I use 'Indian' very broadly here, covering the whole subcontinent and even places like Sri Lanka and the Maldives. If anything about India in Western history books has been fabricated, it should be an easy matter for Indian (again, used very broadly) scholars to set the record straight. In fact, I believe there is quite a thriving sector of South Asian academe dedicated to precisely this. It's in fashion.

The Muslims just destroyed whatever they could find.

Oh, it was the Muslims, was it?

Not real Indians, eh, the Muslims? Interlopers? Evil furriners?

How many hundred million Muslims live in India? All foreigners to you, are they?

The list of kings that rules 'Bharat' from about 3300BCE to Ashok's time is available in an ancient manuscript which is still existing in this world.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Many 5000 years plus old manuscripts are still surviving in British records.

If you can show me any manuscript (as opposed to stone inscription or pottery tablet) that is 5,000 years old, I will show you a fake. Probably a fake with an axe to grind.

edit on 26/4/13 by Astyanax because: of furriners.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join