It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Hails Boston Marathon Explosion, Plans To Picket Funerals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
At peoples funerals?? really?? oh wow thats just plain wrong!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The leaders of Westboro Baptist Church and I suspect most of its followers...are...

superficial, shallow, slimy, vile thinkers and doers. They represent the worst parts of humanity.

I really don't know how they can sleep at night.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

How can the leaders and supporters of such an acrimonious group claim to be followers of any kind of [color=gold]God when they spew such hatred?

They don't know who or BELIEVE in who they PRAY and so are assisting another perhaps. May the LIGHT find them and guide them before they are OVERSEEN for periods. Until they better believe and understand the whom they chose to actually follow.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Whilst I agree with freedom of speech, do we have to promote their vile tirades?

These people are just too damn blinkered to be reasoned with, so if we ignore them, this will do more damage to their agenda.

Please, no more threads relating to the opinions of these vile vile people.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I honestly am astounded that a group of people who at least for themselves are convinced they are a force of good, can be so clearly evil and disgusting.

I am lost for words about the westboro baptist church. It is amazing to me that they still are able to exist.

Apart from actual terrorists I do not know of any group that I detest more.

Is there nothing we (speaking as a society) can do about this? Do we have to grant freedom of speech to just anybody?

IF there is a line, they are clearly way past it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
When you've just lost someone you love, the last thing you want to see is a freak without a leash at your loved one's funeral. These people need to get a grip.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for freedom of speech, but where does one draw the line? At what point do law officials say that this is plain and utter hate? Quite frankly, this should be considered harassment at the very least.

Why don't they protest the site that was bombed or their local government official's office?

There is a time and a place for everything, and making light of people's loss because of your fundamental beliefs is one thing, but protesting a person's freak'n funeral is quite another in my opinion!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

These people are just too damn blinkered to be reasoned with, so if we ignore them, this will do more damage to their agenda.

Please, no more threads relating to the opinions of these vile vile people.

Roaches and rats scurry away when you turn the lights on. Unfortunately the same can’t be said for disturbed publicity whores.

I know what you mean about wanting to ignore them but I don’t believe discussing this issue helps them in anyway. The more people who can see their vile acts the more this group becomes a pariah. I’m most surprised there are no videos of anyone kicking one of their arses because I think many people are inclined to do so.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

I'm all for freedom of speech, but where does one draw the line?

The line; that allows people the dignity to bury their dead in peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The day people stop saying, "HEY LOOK AT WHAT THESE DOUCHEBAGS ARE DOING!" is the day they vanish in a puff of smoke.
Yes what they are doing is sick, as are the circumstances over all the things they attempt to do/picket.
Their message only gets louder the more people shout about what they are doing. Stop giving them the attention they crave and it stops spreading their message of hate at the same time.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The people of Joplin knew how to deal with the WBC: they were denied food, lodging, services, gas, and repair of their slashed tires. The WBC caravan had to go back to Topeka in defeat. Joplinites are a tough bunch, like all Ozarkites.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I watched a documentary about these people and no matter what you say to them they twist your words and spew such vile rhetoric, I really could not believe they claim to be christians. They go far against the ideaology of this religion, I really could not believe what I was hearing and seeing!!

They are just publicity whores and out to get a reaction, particularly from people who are grieving. I just feel that giving them any form of publicity suits their agenda.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

There are laws against hate speech in the United States, aren't there? Why isn't this considered hate speech?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

There are laws against hate speech in the United States, aren't there? Why isn't this considered hate speech?

Hate speech is any speech that incites violence.

Westboro is very careful that way. Nothing they say can accurately be described as such because they call for no violence.

They just rejoice over the death of heroes and innocents.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by GoalPoster

They are afforded the right to express themselves freely.

I would fight for that right to be afforded to everyone.

Would I like to punch them all in the throat?
Yes.

But just because I have actual feelings and am not a mouth-breathing inbred moron from the Westboro Baptist Church, then I probably would not punch them in their throats and shatter their hyoid bone and larynx.
edit on 16-4-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

I guess I'll step on this land mine........I believe in protected speech and unprotected speech. What this group does is Intentionally inflict emotional distress. When they picket and spew hate at a funeral there should be media set up ready to tape. A group of people should then approach them, snap the picket signs and use them to spank these people, get it on Youtube, Daily Show, and the Nightly News.......
....sounds funny? but why? What could be more humiliating to a member of this group? A punch in the face would be a badge of honor, it is how men settle things. But a spanking? The public humiliation would fit the crime. I don't want to clutter this post with all the psychological reasons why this would be an effective deterrent
but think about it......and.....when the members of the Spanker Brigade go to trial, what jury is going to convict them? Spanking a child is still legal isn't it? There was no intent to do great bodily harm. The intent was to "teach" to "instruct" that it is unacceptable behavior in our society.......If we wanted to really ratchet up the humiliation the Spanker Brigade would be dressed like the Village People......but that might make our Brigade members exposed to an IIED suit themselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They do realize that this is the one thing they could do which has the possibility of getting them all killed, right?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Look, I would fight for them to have the freedom to say what they wanted.

I would also hold your coat while you beat the #### out of them after they said it.

Hypocritical?

Maybe.

But I feel that while speech should be free, you are responsible and accountable for what you say.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I do agree they have the right to spout off provided it is not to incite violence, but in the same vein, I also believe it is my right to eat a great big garlic laden gyros and get all up in their faces and belch forth how I feel about them, their followers, their offspring and how I feel they collectively form a genetic circle that I'd pray to the same God they misuse to ensure it shrinks to the size of a pinhead before it altogether disappears.

To me, they're getting close to the end of their argument to be using such disgusting tactics to try to further their rhetoric.

Just sayin'
edit on 16-4-2013 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Look, I would fight for them to have the freedom to say what they wanted.

I would also hold your coat while you beat the #### out of them after they said it.

But I feel that while speech should be free, you are responsible and accountable for what you say.

I wouldn't fight for their freedom to shout hate filled messages at a funeral or memorial, upsetting those who are laying to rest their loved ones. They shouldn't be charged with committing any crime but should be removed from the area for intentionally causing emotional harm to those grieving people.

Speech is free, we can all say what we want and you are right people are held accountable for what they say.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Funny nobody has shot at those people yet when they picket funerals

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Westboro church members are a joke. So are the emasculated people that let them live.......... I ever see one of those pecker woods I promise I will do my part to be a good citizen and beat the bloody hell out of as many as I can.

They know they will get a beat down in Nor-Cal so they stay out. They are some of the worse humans possible. Even the KKK does not picket funerals.

Dear Westboro members, someday my f'ed up little friends, someday........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join