It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Hails Boston Marathon Explosion, Plans To Picket Funerals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I would like everyone to ignore WBC.

I would like people to turn off their TVs if the news people give WBC any airtime.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

OMG I would pay to see that happen. Yea you dont mess with Boston people!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
These folks are clearly, or at least questionably, insane.

Can't they be lawfully detained until each of them have their sanity is assessed by a shrink? I think they may be a danger to themselves and others. They should have this done every time they cross state lines, too...just in case.

10 ways to thawrt WBC
edit on 4/16/2013 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I absolutely agree. I do not think that justice in itself should be in the hand of people. But honestly. If these people would be at the funeral of one my hypothetical kids, then I am pretty sure I would make it my life´s goal for the following month to financially and structurally destroy these people.

And I do not mean violence. I mean using everything in my power to cross their every move, get rid of their funding, whatever it takes.

If they make it personal I would take it personal. What they do to those parents and family members cannot really be excused in my eyes.

And I would LOVE, literally LOVE to see a video where a gang of gay bear bikers would walk up to those guys and just bash the # out of them. It would not be morally 100% ok, I´ll admit that. But I have to also admit that I would love to see those guys down on the ground with the dirt where they belong.

Sorry for the rant.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I think it's possible they Westboro Church is behind the bombing. Since they are so happy about it, perhaps they should be taken to Guantanamo Bay and questioned for a few months.

In the interest of national security and all.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

Screw being nice. Rather than just cost them money I think it would be much more fun to break all their joints. Then they can feel the pain they have inflicted on others for the rest of their miserable little lives. They brainwash their children to say awful things as well. I put them in the same class of people as the KKK. It is our duty as caring loving humans to take a real stand against people like Westboro Baptist.

Hell I bet those people never go anywhere alone..........

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
When you've just lost someone you love, the last thing you want to see is a freak without a leash at your loved one's funeral. These people need to get a grip.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for freedom of speech, but where does one draw the line? At what point do law officials say that this is plain and utter hate? Quite frankly, this should be considered harassment at the very least.

Why don't they protest the site that was bombed or their local government official's office?

There is a time and a place for everything, and making light of people's loss because of your fundamental beliefs is one thing, but protesting a person's freak'n funeral is quite another in my opinion!

Couldn't agree more

Are there no laws preventing harassment ? This must be an open and shut case for preventing them from attending any funerals.

Then again a good kicking is long overdue IMO. Maybe now people know about it they will be able to prevent it.

If the police are impotent surely the people can a stand against such blatant incitement?

Cody

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I think it's possible they Westboro Church is behind the bombing. Since they are so happy about it, perhaps they should be taken to Guantanamo Bay and questioned for a few months.

In the interest of national security and all.

lol I said that yesterday.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Them going too Boston is actually a good thing, because I am very confident that the Irish Republic Army is going to put a permanent end to them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Hehe, I kinda wouldn´t have put it that way, but F it. I´m with you. I would see them on the same level as KKK or scientology for example.

I wouldn´t mind them having a few accidents. Although I still have to mention that most of them are mislead by a few leading members.

I think most of them are actually thinking they are doing gods work...

On the other hand, ALL of them are at those funerals, and that can´t be excused.

So yeah, F them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

Here's the debate . . . we all know that freedom of speech is entrenched in the Constitution but do these 'people' take it too far.

How can the leaders and supporters of such an acrimonious group claim to be followers of any kind of God when they spew such hatred?

Are their actions not a form of 'emotional terrorism' on those who lost loved ones, were injured, witness or were otherwise traumatized by the incident in Boston?

Where does the spread of hatred end?

I've added a few links below to other incidents where they've done the same kind of thing.

www.ibtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

As disgusting and deplorable as these people are, they do have the right to say it and protest peacefully. Having said that, I do hope that while protesting they are all run over by a runaway bus, but I digress.

The best way to deal with these people is to ignore them and not talk about them in the mainstream. If these people are silenced, then what will stop others from being silenced due to their disagreeable and unpopular speech? I just try to remind people that Westboro is a fringe extremist group hiding behind the validity of an organized religious doctrine. I hope rational minded people do not group all Christians and Baptists in with these people, because I am a Baptist and a Christian and I find these people to be disgusting, and they are heretics. Every other Christian I know agrees with me.
edit on 16-4-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

They are just pathetic little attention whores, people should just ignore them and let the authorities deal with them as and when needed.

I've long thought that the USA needs to reaffirm the distinction between freedom of speech and hate speech though. People should have the right to say what they want, but that right should not trump the rights of others not to be attacked.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm so exasperated with these guys that I actually laughed when I saw the title. So predictable, that group... so lacking in imagination.
They can't actually believe what they say, can they? I want to think there's some kind of an agenda behind it, because otherwise it's hard to picture them as being humans.
I'm curious as to how the local residents are going to react to this latest troublemaking scheme.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Well, I have to respectfully disagree.

Imagine them showing up at the funeral of one of your loved ones.

Would you still say let them be and just ignore them?

They do not protest peacefully. They actively hurt people with their actions. And emotional hurt is not really better than physical one.

I do not think that ignoring those people is enough. Although I do not really have a good alternative.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You know what's beautiful? Even though we all have some varying opinions about everything else, we all agree on one thing--that WBC consists of vile and disgusting publicity whores. We have consensus!

That said, agree that they shouldn't get attention but that poses a problem with actually letting people know that they are going to hit these funerals if it's not reported. Unfortunately, news reports end up becoming an early detection for more repugnant WBC behavior that allow people to organize and respond accordingly (iow, block the #$(&#@!$ out!). In brighter news, Canada denied the WBC entry a while back though a small group did manage to enter in an attempt to picket the funeral of a bus passenger who had been gruesomely beheaded: www.cbc.ca...

Considering their tastes in funerals, they seem to revel in the violent and grotesque.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Twitchy finger!!
edit on 16/4/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I will always support the right to free speech, however i am also a big believer that you have to be prepared that people will act in different ways to what you have to say.

Therefore, let them picket and hold their posters up high......i know who my moneys on, and they don't picket funerals.

CX.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
Twitchy finger!!
edit on 16/4/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

My finger would not be twitchy if they showed up for a family members funeral. I would scratch that itch. These people are beyond deplorable. They do not deserve the air they breath.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I have tremor problems and accidentally double posted.
But yeah, I hear you.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If only the FBI were able to "find" a reason to suspect this hate group of such a crime and then lock them up while the funerals are taking place. Give the families the dignity of laying theirs to rest. The WBC does not know the victims. The victims were not openly supporting any of the things the WBC has been demonstrating against and their families should not be stalked like this.
How about I go online and find an obituary in a paper near me, find a funeral date/time and go there, not knowing the person and I taunt the family with absurd speeches about how god wanted this person to die because of xyz.
I bet I would be removed and locked up for my own protection, maybe sent off for a shrink's eval etc... Does the WBC get to do all of this simply because they are an organization?
Do they have a right to assemble wherever they protest?
I really hoped that after the daughter and other members who left the WBC recently would help bring them down but there they are....doing what they always do, and for what?

Man I really do not like them at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join