It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Hails Boston Marathon Explosion, Plans To Picket Funerals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think they should be completely ignored altogether.

To me, it seems that attention is what they crave the most. It could be similar to a child who continues being 'naughty' and repeatedly acting out, simply as a way of seeking attention.

If people(& the media) would just ignore these idiots, they most likely would have already stopped doing this crap.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Couldn't this be considered terrorism? Public endorsement of criminal acts? But I suppose it's protected under freedom of religion and freedom of speech...

This is still psychological terrorism.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
One of these days someone is going to go postal on these people and I won't even feel bad....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Utterly Sick.

The documentary by Louis Theroux was shown in the UK and it did cause a stir, we could not believe that people could treat their fellow human beings, usually at their lowest ebb at the funeral, in such a way.

They should be prosecuted for inciting a riot .... okay everyone against themselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Agreed. Not a good decision. I'm sure half of Southie would be there waiting.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

If they go to Southie, they'll get jacked up. If they go to Dot, they'll get killed. They really ought to reconsider showing up at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have a STRONG suspicion that many "volunteer groups" in Boston will block any/all of their peverse efforts for attention.
They did it here in Texas after a girl was killed in Aurora,CO. and I'm certain that Boston has MANY who will stand loyal to the "martyers" of this senseless tragedy.
These people may have "rights" as we all do but sometimes simple humanity and common decency must prevail or we are REALLY doomed as a people!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

I would never,ever under any other circumstance condone the fire bombing of a church.
But...I would understand,in this case.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by GoalPoster

While the Westboro group may have the Constitutional right to protest and freedom of speech I can assure you that if they ever showed up spewing their hate filled speech at the funerals of any of my family or friends I and many others would exercise our right to punch them in their mouths. Westboro Baptist Church isn't the only ones who have attorneys on retainer, and any penalty would be pleaded down due to being under emotional duress.

Unfortunately this is exactly what they want you to do. Quite a few of the members are lawyers and fund the "church" by suing people that either come at them, or force them to leave.

The more attention they get, the larger their organization becomes. I say, ignore them. Don't feed the trolls!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
this makes me sooooooo angry! I think if they showed up at any of my loved ones funeral there would be the need for an ambulance!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm always the "thread killer". *sigh*

I jump on board, post something and it's done.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
These people / picketers sound like just walked out of the 15th century, with their way of thinking.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't wish any harm on anyone but sometimes I am almost find myself asking Why can't events like this happen to the evil Westboro Baptist church protesters...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by GoalPoster

While the Westboro group may have the Constitutional right to protest and freedom of speech I can assure you that if they ever showed up spewing their hate filled speech at the funerals of any of my family or friends I and many others would exercise our right to punch them in their mouths. Westboro Baptist Church isn't the only ones who have attorneys on retainer, and any penalty would be pleaded down due to being under emotional duress.

So having opinions = bad

But you physically assaulting people illegally = good.

Ok I understand.
You call yourself a good guy?
What a joke.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with this group that an ounce of lead traveling at @1400f/s would not fix.

As for their lawers; they can't do much for a guy with dirt in his face!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I wish them well and Godspeed. They're going to need it.
Boston is about the worst place for them to pull their BS. They go and blood will be spilled.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
They used to actually be bigots, who did stupid things because they believed in those stupid things. Now they stopped doing what they think is right even though they are still bigots, but now just do things for the popularity and fame. What a sad and pitiful life these people must live.
edit on 17-4-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

So having opinions = bad

But you physically assaulting people illegally = good.

Ok I understand.
You call yourself a good guy?
What a joke.

I don't call myself a good guy or a bad guy- I am a woman!

Having opinions= fine
Disrespecting people trying to mourn their dead loved ones= heinous

If you feel like it's okay to screech hatred when people are trying to bury their loved ones your opinion of me is of no matter whatsoever sir/madam! There is a time and place for protest and funerals are NOT that time and place! If you think that is acceptable then it is you who are the joke, not I!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Violence = heinous.
And you were promoting it.

Hate isn't a valid excuse either.

You don't have a right to hit anyone!
edit on 17-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by littled16

Violence = heinous.
And you were promoting it.

Hate isn't a valid excuse either.

You don't have a right to hit anyone!
edit on 17-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Hitting someone isn't a right. Sometimes it's a privilege...and in this case well deserved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join