It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Hails Boston Marathon Explosion, Plans To Picket Funerals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Westboro Baptist Church Hails Boston Marathon Explosion, Plans To Picket Funerals

www.ibtimes.com

The members of the notorious Westboro Baptist Church, perhaps the most hated group in America, are publicly celebrating the Boston Marathon Explosion and already have plans to protest the funerals of the people who died in the bombings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.pennli ve.com
www.winnipegfreep ress.com
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Inside the Westboro Baptist Church: a TIME exclusive
WBC - Westboro Baptist Church to picket Newtown, CT School Shooting

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here's the debate . . . we all know that freedom of speech is entrenched in the Constitution but do these 'people' take it too far.

How can the leaders and supporters of such an acrimonious group claim to be followers of any kind of God when they spew such hatred?

Are their actions not a form of 'emotional terrorism' on those who lost loved ones, were injured, witness or were otherwise traumatized by the incident in Boston?

Where does the spread of hatred end?

I've added a few links below to other incidents where they've done the same kind of thing.

www.ibtimes.com

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
We don't even know the reason behind bombing but they are ready to protest? bunch of retards.

"We don't need reasons, but they are going to hell"

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
They're some kind of black op faux Christian group serving NWO agenda and making people so mad they'll give away their freedoms. Don't give into the problem/reaction/solution. In fact if they show up, calmly, people should ask for them to go away SHILLS, we know you work for the Elite trying to take away freedom of speech. And expose them instead.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is disgusting

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
These people are trolls, and cretins. When I first heard about them picketing soldiers' funerals it made me want to force feed them broken glass, and now THIS. They have the nerve to call themselves Christian?

May they all slip in the shower and break their spines. Implying that these people even have spines... These quotes were pretty horrible:

These are the same people who believe God killed the children at Sandy Hook because He was enraged over gay marriage.

Another one of the church’s tweets read, “God sent the Boston Marathon Bombs for the sin of Massachusetts passing same-sex marriage! “You marry f*gs, God sends mayhem,” she added.”

I never thought I would say anything like this in my life, but if there is ever another genocide I hope these people are at the receiving end of it. The world doesn't need people like this around, they are just trying to pull us back into the dark ages.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

While the Westboro group may have the Constitutional right to protest and freedom of speech I can assure you that if they ever showed up spewing their hate filled speech at the funerals of any of my family or friends I and many others would exercise our right to punch them in their mouths. Westboro Baptist Church isn't the only ones who have attorneys on retainer, and any penalty would be pleaded down due to being under emotional duress.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What I don’t get about these people is how they go back to their daily lives after these stunts without repercussions. People must recognize them when they’re out and about! Their mugs are all over TV!

They have every right to do what they do but I wonder if they are completely shunned when they try to return to work or walk around town. I know if I recognized one of them I would exercise my right to free speech and tell them what a piece of excrement they are. If enough people did that this group would likely have a hard time finding volunteers for these stunts.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
No. They don't want to be doing that. Boston is uber-pissed right now and Bostonians are not known for their calm disposition. This could get ugly really quick. We're looking for someone's ass to kick up here right now and while we wait for the real needledick to be found we'll be happy to warm-up on these turds.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
No. They don't want to be doing that. Boston is uber-pissed right now and Bostonians are not known for their calm disposition. This could get ugly really quick. We're looking for someone's ass to kick up here right now and while we wait for the real needledick to be found we'll be happy to warm-up on these turds.

I say go for it. A good bludgeoning is long overdue for these people. I'm willing to bet that there would even be a select few police officers who would turn a blind eye and keep walking.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Who are they going to blame when someone bombs their church?

They are as bad if not worse than the terrorists who committed this heinous crime because they are American and they prove through their words that they are as anti-American and unpatriotic as one can be! I am not an American but I cried when I saw this bombing on the news as I cried on 9/11 and these people REJOICE?

They are sick and whatever religion they follow is sick, it's definitely not Christianity! I am sure that there is not one real christian on this site that could possibly support them in their vile hatred or the poison that they spew!
edit on 16/4/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

To add: I do not follow any religion, to each his own!
edit on 16/4/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Looks like they accomplished what they set out to do, that being to get headlines and try to remain relevant. People need to stop reporting on these imbeciles, and just let them fade away. Just like that New Black Panther group that tried to get established, if no one is paying attention...they will just disappear from the minds of the public.

Also, **** all of these people and their rigmarole-- They're useless, bottom feeding, scum.
edit on 16-4-2013 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

They are afforded the right to express themselves freely.

I would fight for that right to be afforded to everyone.

Would I like to punch them all in the throat?
Yes.

But just because I have actual feelings and am not a mouth-breathing inbred moron from the Westboro Baptist Church, then I probably would not punch them in their throats and shatter their hyoid bone and larynx.
edit on 16-4-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

Here's the debate . . . we all know that freedom of speech is entrenched in the Constitution but do these 'people' take it too far.

How can the leaders and supporters of such an acrimonious group claim to be followers of any kind of God when they spew such hatred?

Are their actions not a form of 'emotional terrorism' on those who lost loved ones, were injured, witness or were otherwise traumatized by the incident in Boston?

Where does the spread of hatred end?

I've added a few links below to other incidents where they've done the same kind of thing.

www.ibtimes.com

Your comments / observations made me think of this quote -

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free".

The Westborrow Church is nothing more than a group of extended family members who think they are better than everyone else.

I say let them continue to be examples of everything that is wrong with religion... Let them continue to defile their own religion by rejecting their own doctrine. Eventually that glass wall in their house is going to break from all the stones they are throwing at it.

God is playing in front of an audience that is to afraid to laugh.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Having read the article and followed with some interest the goings on in Boston the following can be stated:

Make no mistake, they are going to use the law to their advantage, and trying to gain attention that they crave, as no one is really paying any more attention to them. While it is their right to do such, and ultimately they are not the brightest people on the face of the planet, there is a few things that could hamper them.

For starters, there is an active on going investigation by the FBI as to the nature and reasoning behind the events in Boston, so far no one has claimed responsiblity. And the WBC, as much as they are celebrating this, perhaps it would give the FBI reason to cause them a bit of grief and look into their activities and where all of their members were, after all would not celebrating such an event also equate to taking some responsibility for those actions?

Personally I think that they are a bunch of nut jobs, that we need to simply ignore, turn our back to them and no longer as see them as living, refusing them service or even acknowledgement of their being present in the country. Like all hate groups, the less attention they get the better, as then they go back and when such fails time and time again, they will find that their actions are no longer acceptable by the public.

The freedom of speech is a double edge sword, while a person has, within reason, the right to say or display an idea, it also means we have the right to not pay attention to such.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
These clowns are the lowest form of life out there. Sure they have a right to do what they please but some level of respect should be given at all times.

Punching them all in the throat seems the most logical solution to help these people learn respect.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The WBC are also unmitigated litigatous &%$#!'s. They are in court suing people all the time. That is one of their main sources of income.

They keep poking open wounds hoping that someone takes a swipe at them. (There have been a few who have)

They use the laws that protect them to demean others.

I've watched the documentery on them and would have to agree with Beez. They do seem to be inbred. Many of them don't really seem all there in the brains dept.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Time to form the human sheild.

bastards.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i don't know if it's been tried before, but maybe there is an interesting way to try to deal with them. instead of the normal getting pissed off and trying to force them away, since we generally have a good idea when and where they will show, take this approach. get together a group of religious peoples (even differing sects or even different religions). and NICELY and LOVINGLY try to sway them to the fact that their way may be wrong, possibly even try to convert them. could be you see them pack it in and RUN.
this type of approach tends to be successful when it comes to Jehovah's witnesses that constantly appear at your door. try to convert THEM, you may get a visit from a higher up, try to convert THEM and next thing you know no more knocks at your door. a friend did this, and he notice that they would even cross the street to pass their house afterwards.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Bostonians need to to what was done by the people at the last "picketing". Stay calm, form a human chain many rows deep before they show up, and completely prevent them from getting anywhere near the funeral. The key is to stay calm and act as if they don't exist. I know that would be extremely difficult for those who lost their loved ones, but it won't allow them the attention they want so badly.

I also think the media needs to quit covering them in any shape or form.
edit on 16-4-2013 by artnut because: problem forming sentences, too much coffee...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join