It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The military you see in the footage are in all probability National Guard called up for the Marathon on State orders (which sucks because in many States it pays less than a Federal call up). Not unusual for big events at all. And in all the footage I've seen I see soldiers doing what soldiers do running towards explosions rather than away.

I'd like to give much kudos to the medical folks who were there for the marathon. Having trained and well supplied medical professionals so close to the event will probably be responsible for saving many people who would otherwise have died had this happened somewhere else. Lot's of IVs within 100yds of an event like this allow for rapid infusion of needed fluids to help prevent shock from killing those injured but still alive.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by James1982

May I suggest that you tone down this ridiculous rhetoric until the facts come out about these bombings?

I'm sick and tired of reading people go on and on and on about false flags and freedom and all that worthless muck.

THERE ARE TWO DEAD PEOPLE and countless others who lost their limbs, etc to think about.

Excuse me?

YOU are the one that needs to tone down your BS, because you are obviously incapable of properly reading or comprehending text because of your overly excited state.

I said NOTHING of false flags

I wasn't aware freedom was worthless muck.... you are a disturbed individual.

Intentional bombs have killed and maimed people on American soil. FACT. That's ALL that was being assumed with my post.

Some people in this thread are asking why the government wasn't there to help

Some people were instantly in kill-mode wanting revenge

Some people cried and wallowed in pain at the thought of this incident.

None of those things are helpful. Being calm, cool, collected, and logical is what is needed.

The only way to stop things like this from happening are more restrictive laws and rules, which go against the very idea of this country. It doesn't matter who is responsible for this, "homegrown terrorists" "middle eastern terrorists" North Korea sleeper cells (really?!?) it just doesn't matter. What matters is that we stay calm and not allow this incident to color our minds into bending to the will of others.

If you can't understand the meaning of my posts then please don't bother replying.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
The local news says that the U.S. army and the head of Fema are on site. Boy they guys move fast.

In less than an hour the Army and the head of Fema is there?

If I find out they were conducting drills, then all bets are off.

If they pin this on North Korea, I wouldn't be surprised.

Here you go. They had a threat im sure and were looking. If they were in the Trash cans though they did not look because that would be a dogs first place to go.

www.local15tv.com...

link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
What can people come up with in regards to the number(s) 4:09 ??

That is the time the bombs detonated.

Is there a symbolism here?

According to the news, the first detonated about 2:57 pm (Eastern), and the second mere seconds later.

link   
"Muslims" and "Iraq" trending on Twitter lmao!

link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Simple: Do not punish Americans. Go to the source and deal harshly with it. Not another Iraq, not another Afghanistan, but something new and effective.

Visit each and every Middle Eastern country. Tell them to clean up the terrorist ties and organizations in their own back yard. Tell them that if we get a whiff of support from their country for any group or organization defined as "terrorist" in nature we will nuke a city. If individuals from their country commit a terrorist act against the US and allies, we will nuke a city.

Terrorism will stop. It is being condoned, supported and funded by Islamic nations as a modern day form of guerrilla warfare. This is war, we have to treat it like war.

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Then use it if that doesnt work.

Iraq was a war started on false pretenses and Afghanistan happened because some dude America used to like annoyed them and lived there at some time. The only victims of Middle Eastern terrorism are people in the Middle East. Not you, not me, and not the vast majority of people on this board. You should take that stick and beat some sense into yourself with it instead of suggesting you go threatening a bunch of people for causing trouble your lot started in the first place.

Sometimes learning from your mistakes hurts, and it can hurt quite badly. It's a process all children go through.
edit on 15-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Visit each and every Middle Eastern country. Tell them to clean up the terrorist ties and organizations in their own back yard. Tell them that if we get a whiff of support from their country for any group or organization defined as "terrorist" in nature we will nuke a city. If individuals from their country commit a terrorist act against the US and allies, we will nuke a city.

Terrorism will stop. It is being condoned, supported and funded by Islamic nations as a modern day form of guerrilla warfare. This is war, we have to treat it like war.

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Then use it if that doesnt work.

You really believe this? You are never going to stop terrorism. It is an unwinable war. Just like the war on poverty, the war on drugs, etc. It is nothing but a name.

And also, I want to know, do you want to nuke an American city if it turns out to be a homegrown terrorist?

Showing your ignorance like this is totally astounding.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

I hold everyone in attendance at this years Bohemian Grove festivities and the
Cremation of Care responsible.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
LISTEN>>>>>

If this does turn out to be a homegrown US bomber who's making some kind of statement and using Boston a symbolic gesture because of the WOI and he's still out there...

Then will he stop? And if not, looking back at your history from that time - WHERE WILL BE THE NEXT TARGET?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Boston Police Scanner

www.broadcastify.com...

Don't even listen to mass media:

NY Post is saying it is a Muslim
CNN implying a white, right wing extremist

Heard from that scanner that a black man is a suspect.

We don't know anything yet.

I know one thing...CNBC has the most idiotic pundits. The questions they're asking their guests about the explosions are utterly ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by k21968

It's really weird.

I felt so anxious all morning and tried to dismiss it with a few prayers and preoccupying myself with other things. On rare occasions, after a stressful period, I sometimes worry most when I have nothing to worry about, I just chalked it up to that.

Then this news..

Oo

My pc rebooted at some random time this morning, so I thought, and it woke me up. As I fumbled in the blinding brightness of the monitor to see what had happened, I decided to look on ATS and there it was, this thread.

Now, normally, I'd have not even moved.. and I don't know why I got up, but yeah.. unusual to check the thing at 3-4am when I've got things to do today, and need my sleep.

Maybe it's the constant buzz with NK that has kept me on uneasy ground lately.

I'd say I feel something worse has yet to come, but I'd only be saying the same things I've been saying for a long time, and without anything really happening, I'm getting used to being that sort of paranoid.

Having said that, I've been seeing a lot of coincidences lately in things around me.

so expectations are .. I guess .. a little more elevated today.

Awww Friggen crap, one of the dead is an 8 year old girl.

god I hope there is a hell for the perpetrators of this.. a living hell.

edit on 15-4-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I totally agree with you that the government has a totally different definition of being civilized but i think we are descibing the same thing. I mean civilized showing compassion showing being human and take care of eachother.

Not every one can respond in a crisis in the right way. If it is an attack like this, a car crash or anfire a large group just stares at it. Personally I don't blame the runners they just ran a marathon so uI can understand they are not completly focused but tired.

We shouldn't go to far off topic but the 40 and 50 were right after the lesson WWII we learned but still filled with collectively accepted racism

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If it turns out to be [insert your choice] should be posted in a different thread, once we know who is responsible. We should be complying as much information as we can so any "conspiracies" can be determined at a later date.

Just my opinion, post as you want (but it makes sense to me)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I just woke up over here in Japan and an greeted by this. This totally comes out of no where. Of all the targets to hit, I would never expect something like the Boston Marathon. Those who wish to carry out terrorist attacks against the average person, government or otherwise, got really brave with this one. People all the over the place, cell phones and other recording devices in just about every hand and in broad daylight to beat it all. Almost no cover at all. It is as if who ever did this wanted to people to be able to easily figure out exactly what happened.

I have never seen this kind of open attack in the US before. It is clear this is not a typical kind of attack. We need to look at groups who usually do this open street attacks and see if this one watches their M.O. Then look at who they are connected to in order to get to the bottom of who did this and why they did it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I really can't wrap my mind around this. All I can think is this is somehow diverting our attention away from something else. I've been noticing this pattern ALOT in the past couple years. I've sure for some of the older folks here; they have probably been seeing it for decades.

With all that said, this is truly a heartbreaking news story regardless of who is responsible. That's what people tend to forget. This is still a real event with real deaths and injuries.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Graphic image warning.

Whats with the guy with the flag?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Not sure if this one has been posted but some security experts are saying domestic group based on the fact that they believe that what went off were high powered pipe bombs. I think that could be why the JFK library one may not have gone off or, if remote triggered, somebody, thankfully, lost their nerve. If this was Al Qaeda, then they would've all gone off. The day, the locations, and the fact that not all of them went off kind of points to homegrown. Patriots Day, JFK library--hard to dismiss.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Strange things indeed. Connect the dots.

HOAX LINK DELETED

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs, Spotters on Roofs Before Explosions

The Boston Marathon's Final Mile Was Dedicated to Newtown Victims

Sorry if these things have been posted already.

EDIT: I deleted my first link, as I have reason to believe it was hoaxed.
edit on 15-4-2013 by vimanaboy because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2013 by vimanaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Going back to the man on the roof, someone had to be watching the race in person in order to know when to detonate. Watching on the roof would provide a great vantage point. He is also seen walking back away from the balcony, as if he wants to hide from the scene. Surely you would be interested to see the aftermath of the explosion?

Or he could just be a regular joe on his apartment roof, or a police officer. Just putting it out there.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join