It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The guy with the white cap on that the nypost says they are looking for, doesnt have the same clothes as described (black jacket, gray sweatshirt).

I hope the press conference happens sometime today to clear things up it seems as if the MSM has resorted to getting its "breaking news" from online sources. As well as pushing out the "newest" content first therefore leading to mistakes like yesterday and i'm assuming today.
edit on 18-4-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

The guy with the white cap when he appears to have no backpack on in the one photo. He is holding it by his legs you can see his arms close together in the front of him as if he is holding something (his backpack). The crowd was to big for him to have it on therefore he took it off.
edit on 18-4-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

I'm starting to wonder how many of them there were now, seriously.
The guy in blue you've pointed out is seen in other images carrying a holdall, and he's standing with another guy in a white hat and black top with a bulging backpack on. His back was to the camera though, so it just looked like a plain black jacket. Then he's seen without the bag from the front, and his jacket seems to be gone too. He's still standing with the guy in blue, who still has his bag, but he's wearing a thinner black top with no markings on it and no collar.

I mentioned that I thought it looked like the guy had lost his bag AND his jacket (which would make sense, putting down a bag and taking off a jacket to put over it, there is also more black material against the wall at the site of that blast after it went off that doesn't look like a bag).

Now I have seen that image of the guy in black with something white on the front, I am more convinced that he took off his jacket and lost his bag at the same time. That makes him more of a suspect to me.

The fact that there seems to be another three in white hats, and the guy mentioned with the grey hoodie, makes me wonder just how many of these guys there were.

I really don't think this was a "lone wolf". It might be unfair to cast accusations, but the actions of those two men, and the fact that his heavy bag and possibly his jacket just "disappear", tells me there is something very wrong there.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by SMR
While we keep hearing 'White Baseball cap' they also mention 'backwards' and 'Gray Hoodie'
Is this who they are actually talking about ?
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

And is he with two others, one of whom seems to be also wearing a large and seemingly heavy backpack?
I hadn't seen those mentioned as possible in any other discussions about the images, so this is very interesting.

Are you saying you think those two guys are the two guys from earlier guesses (black top guy with white hat and blag bag and blue top guy with sports bag?)

If so, those two guys there aren't the two other guys.

The one guy does have his white hat and similar clothing, but the glasses are different. At least they appear to be to me.
i.imgur.com...

Also the other guy isn't wearing the clothes the one guy wore all day (the blue top). Also while similar, the newly hatted guy has different shoes.. Blue top guy has on Nike's. The guy in this picture has on what appears to be Puma's.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
I have a hard time believing this was just a one man deal.. Maybe it was.. But I'm thinking it involved more than one guy. Especially since there were at least two bombs and a 3rd found undetonated.

I agree with everything else you've said, but I thought it was established now that there were only two devices, and that no others were located undetonated? There was a controlled explosion on another unknown item, but this later turned out to be unrelated and wasn't a threat.

I'm pretty sure the idea of more than two devices was incorrect and later retracted.

I do agree with you that this isn't a lone wolf scenario though. Something about the timing of these devices and the distance between them tells me that this was more than one person. The ten second delay is useless for hitting responders, it would need to be a couple of minutes delay. The distance of them also doesn't support that. So if they were not planned to be one and another to hit responders, they were intended to be simultaneous, this would have been easy if the same person were doing it. But that accuracy wasn't there, which tells me two different people activated them for a set time, and they couldn't get that pinpoint accuracy of timing in that way.

That's what logic tells me.
Either way, I don't believe that this was the style of a plan to attack responders. If it were, the second device would have been a hell of a lot closer, and it would have had a delay of minutes, not seconds.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Don't know if these sets of pics have been posted yet, but it shows two middle eastern looking men standing at ground zero of the blast caught on camera --before it happens, and they both are wearing backpacks.. (one is a satchel).. moments later, the man with the backpack no longer is wearing it...

imgur.com...

This is HIGHLY suspicious.... and the backpack matches the exact materials at that scene.. their behavior is odd as well.. like they are looking at their phones for times.. or an app showing where the runners are.. if there is such an app... Hope they find these guys and question them.
edit on 4/18/2013 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
Don't know if these sets of pics have been posted yet, but it shows two middle eastern looking men standing at ground zero of the blast caught on camera --before it happens, and they both are wearing backpacks.. (one is a satchel).. moments later, the man with the backpack no longer is wearing it...

imgur.com...

This is HIGHLY suspicious.... and the backpack matches the exact materials at that scene.. their behavior is odd as well.. like they are looking at their phones for times.. or an app showing where the runners are.. if there is such an app... Hope they find these guys and question them.

Yes.. These have been posted numerous times and are the main topic of discussion right now. I posted SEVERAL new ones on the previous page in which I picked these same guys out from before the race all the way up to the point that these pictures appear to have been taken.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I could be mistaken, I just remember hearing that a possible 3rd device was found as late as yesterday.

Either way, two devices is still a lot for one person to carry at a time. Two separate bags.. Large, heavy etc.

The timing isn't as suspect to me just because they could have been set up on different timers as you said.. If they were detonated via cell phone, then you'd have the time for one to be called then ten seconds later the second called/detonated.. Makes sense.

I just think this would have been a very tough solo operation though. I've also heard discrepancies in what each bomb contained meaning they could have been made by two different people etc... I've heard that one contained nails while the other had "spherical" bearing type objects. I think it's likely they both had nails and bearings though and this is more a matter of a semantics breakdown.

I don't know who claimed the two guys were "cleared" but it's definitely not true. There is nothing "clearing" them from anything yet other than not being proven guilty. They're still suspicious in terms of the whole event. Even if the guy in blue DIDN'T have a part in the attack.. He had to have realized his friend's bag was missing at some point..

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

Originally posted by Pharyax

imgur.com...

Yes.. These have been posted numerous times and are the main topic of discussion right now. I posted SEVERAL new ones on the previous page in which I picked these same guys out from before the race all the way up to the point that these pictures appear to have been taken.

Ah, good, just checked some previous posts.. that one guy with the hat, only half his face is shown.. now I could cut that part of his face out in photoshop and in my 3D MAX program, I could apply and mirror his face onto the other side of the 3d model of a head, and we would have a closer approximation of what he looks like.. (I'm sure this is how the FBI does it when the only get partial images of perps)...

Can anyone else do the 3D modeling technique?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I was looking at some photos before I force myself to go to sleep. I was halfway thinking about this as a new suspect and also as how we could jump to conclusions about what we see.

This photo is from 2:35 in the race. There is a guy in bright green, he's carrying a brown bag. It's hard to miss him. Behind him is another guy in an orange wind jacket. Well... to his right (our left) is a guy in a white hoodie. He's mentioned before as being out of place.
farm9.staticflickr.com...

This photo is from right after the first bomb, at the 4:10 mark in the race. Notice he is there, running away from the area (with everyone else).

Anyone else find it a little odd he's still in the same area over an hour later, when he looks so out of place.

Here is a photo taken at 2:49 (actual time). Maybe a minute before the first explosion. You can see a few people in this photo from the first photo. I was looking at it trying to determine how many people were there from the 2:35 mark to the 4:10 mark. I noticed maybe 3-4, but they also all looked to be watching and enjoying the race (well, except for the occasional photo-op). These were bald guy in the blue hoodie and black glasses and a few around him, all near the blast site, unluckily. (In the first picture you can see him by the New Zealand flag... up and left of the bright orange guy in the front row.)

The white hoodie guy isn't in that picture, likely because he's off on the left somewhere. Doing what, who knows.

This is all a stretch, since we don't ever see him carrying anything and there are possibilities that explain his being at a marathon. Maybe he's actually interested and just tired of these people around him. Or he could be homeless and there to find some money. He does look off, and I would assume those khaki guys would have seem him and noticed if he was doing anything off.

I do have another picture 24 minutes before the first one I posted, in which he isn't there. My guess is he's up the road on his way down. I also find another interesting sight. By the blue hoodied, bald guy is a guy in green who could be making the "shhh" sound with his finger and lips.

Of course I think that's just how he has his arm, I've done a similar thing with my hand near my mouth, with that art propped up with my other hand under/in my armpit.

That last picture also shows how long it would take someone to cross to the other side of the street. It's not as simple as going shortly past the finish line. You would have to walk all the way around the library, at least, which puts you at almost half a mile. Just wanted to make note of that as others have pointed at a suspicious guy on the other side of the street/barricade.

Alright, off to bed for a few hours sleep.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The FBI have CCTV footage of someone dropping a bag shortly before the explosion.

Why not wait until they show you the actual perpetrator instead of continuing this inane nonsense of trying to look for suspicious people in a photograph of a crowd.

"Oooh look, he's suspicious he is looking in the opposite direction to most other people" - what the hell is that supposed to prove?

Do you think that would be fair to persecute someone because in one split second when a photo was taken they just happened to be looking in a direction that some of you believe, for some weird and inexplicable reason best known by yourselves, is "suspicious"?

I think it would be far more suspicious if everyone was looking in exactly the same direction at the time in every photo, especially at a marathon, they don't even all do that during a tennis match.

I'd be even more suspicious if common sense prevailed at ATS and people stopped thinking they can solve this by drawing red circles on photos of "suspicious" people.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

I'm not sure why he looks out of place.. There are several people who stay in the same spot for the entirety of the race so it isn't out of the question to be in one area for over an hour. The fact that he is never seen with a bag makes him less suspicious too. Just my opinion, anyone is suspect at the moment but I think we have a few more likely guys than this.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManiShuck
I do have another picture 24 minutes before the first one I posted, in which he isn't there. My guess is he's up the road on his way down. I also find another interesting sight. By the blue hoodied, bald guy is a guy in green who could be making the "shhh" sound with his finger and lips.

I see the umbrella man behind the tree

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
The FBI have CCTV footage of someone dropping a bag shortly before the explosion.

Why not wait until they show you the actual perpetrator instead of continuing this inane nonsense of trying to look for suspicious people in a photograph of a crowd.

"Oooh look, he's suspicious he is looking in the opposite direction to most other people" - what the hell is that supposed to prove?

Do you think that would be fair to persecute someone because in one split second when a photo was taken they just happened to be looking in a direction that some of you believe, for some weird and inexplicable reason best known by yourselves, is "suspicious"?

I think it would be far more suspicious if everyone was looking in exactly the same direction at the time in every photo, especially at a marathon, they don't even all do that during a tennis match.

I'd be even more suspicious if common sense prevailed at ATS and people stopped thinking they can solve this by drawing red circles on photos of "suspicious" people.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

I don't think anyone is trying to "SOLVE THIS" by circling people in photos. I think people are just trying to make sense of everything, and if they see something they're trying to validate it with others opinions. Boston PD released a "See Something Say Something" statement shortly after the event.

Sure there are professionals out there who are "trained" to solve crimes. That doesn't mean they see everything, or don't rely on tips or other observations. There is nothing wrong with speculating as long as that's as far as it goes. As I stated before.. We know who is dead, so anyone being identified as suspicious in photos should have no problem explaining themselves or speaking with law enforcement. At this point, law enforcement has released a few statements that match to a certain extent these two fellas getting all the buzz.

I think people are just trying to do their part. If these guys are innocent, we'll know soon enough. The FBI hasn't made any statements that clears anyone really.. So speculate away. There is no one being convicted.
edit on 18-4-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Personal opinion only!

I run marathons and those guys (white cap and blue top), to me, look like any couple of friends you'd see at a race of this size. They possibly are runners themselves, minding kit for participants. I've went to races to spectate and have had a bulky bag with me like that. Who knows why he is not carrying a bag in later photos, his friend could have finished the race and collected the bag?
I'm just speculating, but the contents of the side pockets tell me he is connected to running...the Powerade or gatorade in the left side and the other bits in the right look like typical runner glucose sweets and stuff.

If these were bags with bombs, don't think they'd bother packing them with running accessories.

Nothing about these guys says "terrorist" or "bomber" ... sorry, but think its way off the mark and shame on the media outlets who published their photos claiming them to be suspects.

I could be wrong and this is my opinion only......

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What are they doing ?
files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-4-2013 by Ove38 because: link fix

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
Nothing about these guys says "terrorist" or "bomber" ... sorry, but think its way off the mark and shame on the media outlets who published their photos claiming them to be suspects.

I could be wrong and this is my opinion only......

I agree with a lot of what you've said, in the rush to investigate and look over everything people have completely ignored the fact that this was a sporting event, and those two in particular do indeed look to me like runners themselves. I don't know why, but their weight and build would suggest that to me. They both look athletic, so it is more logical that they are there to cheer on friends.

But, I would also say that all participants have their own event bags behind the lines. There really isn't much of a reason for their friends to be carrying things for them. Runners have facilities behind the event to manage all of this for them, that's my understanding of it.

On the idea of showing images and calling them suspects, everyone there of reasonable age is a suspect. I don't think it's misleading in the slightest to suggest that men carrying heavy looking bags at the site of a terrorist attack are suspects - that is what they are.

If they have no involvement, the authorities will know it soon enough. If I were one of those men I would be attending the local police department, then I would be asking if it were okay for me to contact the media and clear my name. I would also completely understand that my presence there at the time would possibly lead to such suspicions, it's a fact of life, no one is to blame for wanting answers.

The fact is, those responsible are most likely in some of those images. There's no getting away from that. Of course people are going to want to search them, it gives a lot of people a purpose in a situation where a lot of people feel helpless and want a resolution.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

If they have no involvement, the authorities will know it soon enough. If I were one of those men I would be attending the local police department, then I would be asking if it were okay for me to contact the media and clear my name. I would also completely understand that my presence there at the time would possibly lead to such suspicions, it's a fact of life, no one is to blame for wanting answers.

This is exactly what I'm saying too. If they have no reason to fear law enforcement then why aren't they speaking with them to clear their name? Maybe they are and we just don't know yet. At least one of them knows they are suspect because of the Facebook fiasco.

Edit.. The one guy appears to be proclaiming his innocence via Facebook.. We shall see. Authorities say pictures will be released today..

Additionally I just saw this photo.. Which puts this guy in the exact spot of the "blast zone". He's also in a picture above where Ove38 asked "What are they doing?". He's at the top of the yellow circle...

Hard to say if he's still got a backpack on in the later image..

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ove38
What are they doing ?
files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-4-2013 by Ove38 because: link fix

Zoomed in

I have added red lines of sight.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

But, I would also say that all participants have their own event bags behind the lines. There really isn't much of a reason for their friends to be carrying things for them. Runners have facilities behind the event to manage all of this for them, that's my understanding of it.

On the idea of showing images and calling them suspects, everyone there of reasonable age is a suspect. I don't think it's misleading in the slightest to suggest that men carrying heavy looking bags at the site of a terrorist attack are suspects - that is what they are.

It's true that there is a bag drop before an event like this, however a lot of people don't like queuing for bags after a race, and have friends meet them at the finish line. I have done this for the Dublin marathon even though there was a bag drop. In fact my friend had 3 back packs, and hung around the race for 4 hours, so it's not uncommon to see this at races.

I don't think the media should be releasing images of people until they are confirmed as being involved, as this could lead to retaliatory incidents, to more than likely innocent people. Yes they may be involved, it is unlikely that they would hang around with bombs for so long before planting them.

Reasonable assumption would be the bomber or bombers would wait until the last possible minutes before proceeding to the target, placing the package and exiting the area immediately. There would be no hanging around carrying these weighty bags watching the race.....

edit on 18-4-2013 by celticniall because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall

Yes they may be involved, it is unlikely that they would hang around with bombs for so long before planting them.

Reasonable assumption would be the bomber or bombers would wait until the last possible minutes before proceeding to the target, placing the package and exiting the area immediately. There would be no hanging around carrying these weighty bags watching the race.....

edit on 18-4-2013 by celticniall because: spelling

I'm not entirely sure about that. There can be hesitation, waiting for the right moment.. I mean. You don't want to drop a bag when people are watching you first of all.. 2nd you wouldn't want someone to run after you with it or pick it up and follow you if they saw you walk away.

I think hanging around.. watching where people are, and figuring out where to set the bag could take a bit. It would be a pretty big failure (for their intended purpose) if they had an exact spot picked before dropping it and then nobody ended up being there.. You know?

So I think it is entirely possible, and probable that the bomber(s) could have been at the drop location for more than a few seconds..

new topics

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join