It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
To all those who are relying on MISPLACED EMPATHY, my advise is - cut the BS.

What is happening here is merely crowdsourcing, a means and good intention to help the authorities to find the perpetrators of this henious crime against mankind.

Are we to wait for years till the authorities depend on a lucky break to catch the culprit, or have MASS participation to help the authorities?

Do remember and be AWARE too - civilians have NO authority to question any suspect, and any suspect can take those who make claims that they are the culprits to court and sue them for libel, if they persist.

But the FACT is that NO ONE is claiming anyone in the pics are the actual culprits, and even the actual culprits are not foolish to admit it by hiding away, but WILL sue others and even testify before courts, using our liberal justice systems to get off and screw mankind.

For those who wish to sue, go ahead, if you wish to spend court and legal fees that you would lose, as the 1st admendment had not be revoked as far as I know. And for those whom are not guilty, there is NOTHING to fear or angry about if shown up, unless you have something to hide and bullying others by intimidation is the only way to hide that guilt.

All that the internet community and those whom had pics had only surrendered them to the authorities for vetting as the authorities had asked for help to break the case faster through crowdsourcing. Such display of PUBLILC SPIRITNESS, espacially by Americans and concerned world community, should be commended and praised, and encourged, so that perpetrators of heinous acts will know that they will NEVER be able to hide, anytime and anywhere.

Thus, for those who are hitting the internet community - BACK OFF. One day you too will need mankind's help, and if we ever become disgusted, to turn away, evil will only triumph and you stand alone to face it.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
Here, read this, idiots:

www.dailymail.co.uk... ure-widely-circulated.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

That is one of the people who you have been claiming is involved who is now furiously trying to let people know that he WAS NOT involved.

Shame on you, I hope they DO sue you.

/facepalm

You obviously haven't read the posts that developed after the pictures.. I've already edited one post showing their timeline and posted a 2nd where deadspin reported on them.. It's old news, these guys haven't been discussed since early this morning..

Shame on you for passing judgement on me when you haven't bothered to read what I've posted. Wishing harm upon me for absolutely no reason.. I hope you realize how idiotic it is to insinuate that any single person be sued in this scenario. The images were produced collectively and distributed around the internet through thousands of people, the media put these images out there too. You want me to imagine being one of the people standing near the bomb.. Why don't you imagine being one of the injured or a family member of the deceased? You'd be looking at every possible person you could and you would be suspicious until their name was cleared.. The one guy's bag disappeared for god's sake.

I never accused them of anything, but I said the images deserved closer scrutiny. This community is about gathering data and formulating theories and hypothesis.. It isn't about believing everything you hear and assuming everything is rainbows and unicorn farts.

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black here..

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have to agree with Power Semi a little, but also with Taggert to a point also.

Look, we're a curious race. You know what they say about train accidents and car wrecks and not being able to look away? This is no different in that we're going to pour over the footage and pictures. We're going to speculate on the reasons it happened. We're going to place blame trying to find closure until someone is held responsible. Unfortunately, and this is where I fully agree with Power Semi, we're hurting the survivors when we scour the pictures, single out people based on their skin, or posture, or what direction eyes were moving in to or from the millisecond that shutter captured their image. We hurt them in that the evidence is all throughout this thread, that people who are being held up as "suspects" in the public justice arena are highly likely to be injured, mentally scarred survivors. Never mind their reputations as citizens, treating them as a internet Clue piece is maybe just a bit offensive. Mr Brown Skin in the black coat with the blue bag behind the guy in orange. Yeah, because that's not insensitive at all. We can and should be looking at the images with sympathy (knowing the outcome) respect, and dignity, instead a slap in their faces.

I've been looking at every picture I can find, but I'm not studying them for the suspects who fit the description. I'm studying them to remember that in an instant, a fun day can become pain and horror. All of these people in these pictures, all of these people singled out by the mob mentality as suspects, the didn't wake up and think "Hey! I'm going to be riddled with ball bearings and nails today, and maybe be a limb less!" No, they thought it was a normal sporting event, people cheering on friends, family, coworkers, et cetera. I'm sure Jeff & Krystal didn't think they're be on death's doorstep, or dead minutes later.

Honestly, Jeff's wheelchair picture is chilling enough. But the picture of Krystal immediately after the blast, going down seemingly screaming in agony, that's goddamn haunting. Even if I never see any of these pictures again in my life, I'm never going to forget her face, locked in a contorted scream, frozen for eternity in a picture.

I'm not saying drop it & don't look at anything. I'm doing it, so who am I to say do as I say not as I do? Just don't forget the people you think look funky out of the pool singled out so far are highly likely innocent, and have to live with this in their memories for the rest of their lives.

Sorry for the run on words. I've been doing a lot of thinking while looking at all the faces the past few days

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Oh well if you haven't discussed them since this morning as suspects then that'll be alright then, I guess the umpteen million people who've seen their pictures with big red circles drawn around them with "suspect bomber" written alongside it will all have realised they in actual fact had nothing to do with it by some form of mass osmosis will they?

Christ alive, he's a 17 year old kid for Christs sake, and all you're bothered about is your right to play armchair detective.

The fact is none of your family were involved, you weren't involved, so why don't you butt out and leave it to the people who actually know what they're doing.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Oh well if you haven't discussed them since this morning as suspects then that'll be alright then, I guess the umpteen million people who've seen their pictures with big red circles drawn around them with "suspect bomber" written alongside it will all have realised they in actual fact had nothing to do with it by some form of mass osmosis will they?

Christ alive, he's a 17 year old kid for Christs sake, and all you're bothered about is your right to play armchair detective.

The fact is none of your family were involved, you weren't involved, so why don't you butt out and leave it to the people who actually know what they're doing.

Who hurt the kid more a few people saying POI on 4chan and Here or NY post saying they are suspects?
Surely more blame should be laid at the feet of the media. No one here has said THIS IS THE WAY IT IS because no one does know what happened. All the pictures with red circles were not put out by us but they are out there and therefore will be discussed.
You have gone to lengths of making this personal when its nothing of the sort.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

So your saying just morn the loses and move on just another day folks. A lot of people don't feel that way. And a lot of people don't want to see this turned into a lets all invade a country for not having any thing to do with this.

Anthrax in the mail, Terrorist attack, Football player gives up career and joins military and we invaded Iraq for not having any thing to do with 9/11.

Now we have Ricin in the mail, A terrorist attack, A football player joins military are we going to invade a country for no reason now?

www.washingtontimes.com...

A shot at the NFL awaited Brandon O'Brien, but after the bombing attacks at the Boston Marathon, the former Marine knew a greater task was at hand. Mr. O'Brien was a record-setting standout at Montana State Northern University after serving four years in the military, but as 30-year-old wide receiver from a small school, he was a long shot to make the NFL. However, the 6-foot-1-inch, 220-pound Mr. O'Brien ran a 4.56-second 40-yard dash and 4.08 in the short shuttle during recent workouts — times that might convince a team to give him a chance. But after Monday, when two bombs detonated near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing at least three and injuring scores of others, Mr. O'Brien decided it was time to again serve his country. “He said watching what happened yesterday left him with a big hole in his heart and told me he wants to ensure that this never happens again to anybody, anywhere,” Brad Berkowitz, Mr. O’Brien’s agent, toldNFL.com. “The kid is a real hero.” Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

At least the football player stood up and said BS.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...

Brandon O’Brien sets the record straight on returning to the military Posted by Michael David Smith on April 17, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT Early today we passed along a report from NFL.com about Brandon O’Brien, a Marine turned college wide receiver who had decided to re-enlist rather than pursue a place in the NFL. The NFL.com report portrayed O’Brien as having been motivated by the Boston Marathon bombing. But O’Brien says that’s not right. “Those reports are absolutely false,” O’Brien told BeyondSportsNetwork.com. “First off, me deciding to go back into the military has nothing to do with the Boston bombings and, furthermore, I have not yet reenlisted in the Marines.”

So somebody is playing a old playbook, At least Brandon O’Brien stood up and said I am not playing your games.

Pat Tillman story is the one I refer to from past.
edit on 18-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

You need to cool it man.. As a matter of fact I do know people affected, I have 2 friends who ran from that are from Cincinnati.

I'm not playing armchair detective, I'm being a citizen concerned for the victims. I didn't make the damn photographs, and no one single person did. Several people compiled them. Millions of seen them, millions speculated and millions were given evidence that these kids were clear. What happens if they weren't? What if these two WERE guilty. You just don't know. We haven't even got a lousy press conference yet to clear up any questions.. So until then its all speculation.

These kids are fine, they cleared their names. It's a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and that happens to all of us. We live in a country where you're innocent until proven guilty.. That's exactly what these two kids are.. Innocent and they have been from the start.

The internet is a collective consciousness and people are far more compassionate than you believe. You're complete lack of understanding is evidence that you lack compassion for your fellow man. It's a sign of insecurity within yourself or lack of compassion you've been shown by others. I've seen what people working together can accomplish. I've seen people contribute valid evidence and observation to cases all over the news.. Officials agree that people generally mean well and can be extremely beneficial in data mining in investigations. It's the media that slants the data and makes things appear as they aren't. No one here did that. We presented things exactly as they appeared. Some people may be less forgiving than others, but no one said the two guys were 100% guilty.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Not at all. My point is that blaming the "shifty-looking" or anyone else who looks "off" even if they don't match any description at all is just as bad as saying "stuff it & move on." Be careful with the mob mentality. It got a lot of innocent people scorned, hurt & killed after 9-11. We do not need a repeat of that social scapegoating. Remember the victims, take the time to look at their faces, maybe ask yourself "what were they thinking at this moment?" There may be an evil person in the pictures, there may not be. Search wisely.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
reply to post by JBA2848

Not at all. My point is that blaming the "shifty-looking" or anyone else who looks "off" even if they don't match any description at all is just as bad as saying "stuff it & move on." Be careful with the mob mentality. It got a lot of innocent people scorned, hurt & killed after 9-11. We do not need a repeat of that social scapegoating. Remember the victims, take the time to look at their faces, maybe ask yourself "what were they thinking at this moment?" There may be an evil person in the pictures, there may not be. Search wisely.

I think these are wise words, and there have been some completely unsubstantiated suspect suggestions. I think there were some very valid ones speculated as well. The missing bag was a red flag, plain and simple. People who appear to have backpacks shouldn't automatically be assumed guilty. People who look 'off' shouldn't be either.. You can't judge someone on relative terms when analyzing things like this. You have to look at the information in front of you and you can't add to it.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I still question this pic. What is he carrying? And I have not said he is guilty just what is he carrying feet from the blast?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Just because some guy gets circled in red and labelled as terrorist by some other guy on the internet or real life CONFIRMS he is a terrorist????!!!!

What happened to the RULE of Law?

Unless you are not an american, in America - a man is still innocent till proven guilty, and have NOTHING to fear. If someone s'n-word's at him out of ignorance, so what? Whom had not been s'n-word'ed before over some insane slight from others in life???

So cut the misguided empathy BS! Unless...you are the culprit and wants to silence others.......?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No offense, but that looks like lego art?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

To me, it's too pixelated to be sure of anything. Yes, there's a chance he's planting the bomb. There's also a chance it's a rolled up coat or non-exploding backpack, too. Images like this one are just too poor in quality to make any substantial judgements.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

reply to post by Indigo5

Well I did not edit the photo to make it clearer just cut the area out. He is just above the garbage can in this photo. If you can do better have at it. But you still have to wonder what is that a box or a pressure cooker in his hands or just a jacket folded in a weird way and distorted by the photo. But why have a second jacket he has on a hoody?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

If there are larger, or clearer pictures of this moment, I hope someone shares a link. Even with the unedited original, I can't make heads or tails of the object he's holding.

If it's a coat he's holding, he may be like my husband, who wears both a hoodie & a coat on cool days. He finds anything below 60 degrees to be too cold for him. Perhaps this individual tolerates the cold just as poorly as my husband does? Perhaps he removed the coat after it began to get warmer & he himself got too warm. I'm not pretending to know what the temperatures were that day, so that might be off the mark anyway. It's just a suggestion.
Another possibility, if it's a coat, is that perhaps he's holding on to another person's coat for whatever reason? Maybe they were hot, and got separated in the crowd & he's looking for them? Maybe the coat belongs to a runner? We don't know.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The FBI is the only problem with all of this. They claim to have pics and vid of the suspects but refuse to release it.
Then why did they even release that they have the pics??

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
The FBI is the only problem with all of this. They claim to have pics and vid of the suspects but refuse to release it.
Then why did they even release that they have the pics??

Maybe they don't really have any pictures of a specific person. They could be using the old trick of trying to get someone nervous/paranoid enough to slip up & out themselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

But why have a second jacket he has on a hoody?

That looks like white restaurant garb to me. Possibly a kid bussing tables for the folks seated outside at the Forum restaurant.

edit on 18-4-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
PLEASE follow me and validate or invalidate this…

Pay attention to the big brown purse the woman is holding beside the mailbox…and how the three women are the same in each image.

CNN and the FBI messed up…this wasn’t the bomb.

One woman had a large bag at her feet behind the barrier…the woman beside her had a large tan purse…they gathered them in front of the barrier for comfort and safe watching…the bag with the purse on top. The woman no longer has her purse in one image and the bag has moved in front of the barrier.

This image…

usnews.nbcnews.com...

And this video

Link
edit on 18-4-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Okay…See CNN’s latest pic of suspicious bag

See what they said the FBI was looking at before…notice the woman is no longer holding the orange/brown purse?

These women…one with a bag at her feet the other carrying a large purse…gathered both in front of them by the mailbox…comfort and security..

I don’t think this was the bomb…CNN screwed up and maybe the FBI.

new topics

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join