It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Photos sent to 7News by a viewer show the scene just before and right after the bombs went off on Boylston Street.
7News has provided these pictures to the FBI as they continue their investigation. They are looking at the pictures to see if it's possible it could be the second bomb.
In the first picture you can see a bag next to a mailbox and up against a barricade along the marathon route. In the second, which we have blurred because it is very graphic, there is no sign of the bag. The viewer who took the pictures says there may be an hour or more between when the first and second pictures were taken.

Read more: www1.whdh.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Sorry my post wasn't to you, it was to the person that said at what time the explosions happened

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here is the problem with above video. They are 2 different locations.
The first image of the bag next to the mailbox, that was the location of the second explosion. It's also not the bomb.
The second part of the video is the location of the first explosion.

Edit:
By 'above video, I mean the one of the previous page.
edit on 4/16/2013 by SMR because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I've been reading this thread for two days with only a few hours sleep between. Another poster posted a link that I personally found to be the best link of the day here. It was some pages back, so forgive me for not saying who it was (I know, bad form, but I'm so tired and my comp lags too much to seek it out).

Here is a comprehensive list uploaded by CNN consisting of all things known about the attacks up-2-date as of a few hours ago.

As far as I'm concerned that member should get a hundred stars for finding and sharing this link cus it ends a lot of speculation and does a lot to bring you up to speed.

Hugs!

www.cnn.com...

MM

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allenb83
reply to post by CALGARIAN

A few thoughts of my own on this:
People around the world hate us. We are probably one of the most hated countries on this planet right now, and some people living in this country are too ignorant to realize this. Of course the american people, and innocent citizens do not deserve this, but our government is suffering the effects of blowback and has been for many years.
And who is supposed to be running the government in this 'free' country? The people...
Those of you that believe there is a separation from yourselves and the government that you are supposedly supposed to be running, have it all wrong. If the people ran this country, then we would institute policies that would give other countries no reason at all to do things like this (if in fact that is the case... we have yet to see someone claim responsibility, and they may never come forward).
I may be jumping the gun here, because it is also a real possibility that it is a domestic threat, which brings me to my second point:
Please do not be so ignorant to think that our government is not capable of conducting a false flag operation. It is a very real possibility. Our government did it to start world war 2, and especially vietnam with the help of our news media, claiming that an aircraft carrier blew up that didn't even exist! To further the governments agenda, to see where they took 9/11, and to see the military industrial complex and how they benefited from a war started from a lie to begin with in Iraq, how far do you think our government would go? We have been deceived before.
Please keep these things in mind when looking at this tragedy.

You make good points, excellent in fact.

However, there are also lot's of people in the world that do like americans.

As to the assertion that if citizens were really in charge of the country everyone would be in love with us is disingenuous at the least. Any country with wealth and power such as the US has had for the last 60 years will suffer regardless of what we do....if we decide not to take action, there will be those who believe we should and will hate us for standing by and letting whatever happen. If we take action, there will be those who will hate us for "interfering". We must above all do what we think is right and damn the rest...which will make yet others hate us as well.

As to this being an FF event, or rather the possibility of being one....The events you illustrated from history were significantly different in scope. The US is good at one thing: blowing sheit up. And wasting money, and red tape. IF this were indeed an FF event then I am pretty sure the casualty level would be higher.

You can say whatever you want about how they might do it this way, but I just do not buy it. Not enough to gain by it...not compared to hundreds dead, for example.

Any govt that conducts a false flag operation have to understand the risks should it get out, really get out with proof and witnesses. The risk is huge...so the payoff would also have to be huge. There would be no half-assed approach.

link   
reply to post by MCSQUARED1

Got it. I also messed up and didn't catch the reply to. Mine was meant for the other also. At least the timing is clear now.

link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

That's what I figured. My radar says connected. Explosions at libraries have to be one of the last things in the world I would be worried about during day to day activities.

To have such a rare occurrence happen in the same city half an hour after two bombs went off is too big a coincidence for me to accept.

Hugs back!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been covered yet because this thread is so long. Apparently the Sandy Hook principal was at the bombings. I dont know if this is real or not but it sure is interesting.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

i have to agree with most of the people that say we dont know who it was yet...

*snip*

i also have to take into consideration the financial terrorism that has been going on in the last 6 months as well as the rumblings behind the scenes of people frustrated with the deteriorating state of life in our nation...

it also strikes me as odd that this coincides with the attempt at passing of CISPA once again in congress, where the govt is pushing hard to be able to pry into all our personal information...

does it appear to be some degree of organization behind it? yes...but to what level i do not know since the materials were easy to obtain items...

is it definitely one or the other group? we dont know for sure...

does it seem likely that this was only the beginning of things to come? i think we can say definitely yes...

*snip*

If this was some group protesting recent government actions, then targeting a race would seem to be counterproductive. Actions against a government target would seem a far more likely choice for such a group. In a case like this, with civilian targets, the aim would seem to be more against the nation, the people or culture, than the government. Either way, it's possible someone "domestic" or someone foreign could be the culprit (group or person). "Domestic" doesn't even exclude Islamic, as has been shown by many events. Just look at the Ft. Hood shooting for a good example.

The beginning of more? I have a feeling that's true. Waiting for the other shoe to drop here.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Cheers mate

link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by ownbestenemy

It is hard to pin point where it was at. But the tree and mail box is close at the Forum Blast.

JB you might be right. Exclusive footage from a local TV station might have captured the object before/after:

EXCLUSIVE: Possible 2nd Bomb Before/After

SMR

link   
They probably were just showing images of those who dies at Sandy Hook since this marathon was dedicated to them

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

Do you have some sort of source link for that image?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

The first explosion was reported to have gone off somewhere around 2:57pm, Eastern time, not 4-something. Someone else offered something similar, but that time is off a bit.

Originally posted by MCSQUARED1

Sorry I think it was 4.9.44 into the race

I think that is a reference to the time in the race when the blast happened. 4 hr, 9 min

On that, I am not certain, though I was under the impression it was something like two hours in. It could be that was two hours after the initial crossing of the finish line, though. In any case, I don't make much of numbers that way. I won't say they aren't used, though. If the time was significant, the question would be, "Who would care about those numbers?"
edit on 16-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: added reply to

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

mr mask that is an excellent link with all the latest info, I haven't been on here since yesterday, so the link is is big help to catch up.....thanks!

link   
Someone could be stating that a police state and gun limits still won't stop attacks. If so, a shame to hurt innocent people. Boston isn't single handed making these changes.

link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

Alright, if that's true I will change my stance. Up until now I have not expected Government involvement, but if they are gonna start pulling out the Sandy Hook actors, I am gonna have to rethink this.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepVisions
I'm not sure if this has been covered yet because this thread is so long. Apparently the Sandy Hook principal was at the bombings. I dont know if this is real or not but it sure is interesting.

Wasn't she quoted by the Newtown Bee the day of the Newtown school shooting?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hard to say. The timing may have had a purpose or it may have been when the deployment could be done. I think the bombs were set and exploded based on opportunity at the event.

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Man. That image of the 'bomb' sure is making the rounds. This is how things get all twisted ...
If that were the bomb, why is the mailbox not damaged while everything else around is thrashed ?

Not the bomb.

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join