It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradism
Let's be serious, that's the same #ing guy.

War vet, still wants to serve his country, gets MK'ed, used as prop for this.

Fairly easy to understand and not at all out of the realm of possibility.

I thought you wanted to be serious...oh well.

No, its not the same guy. Different skull, different hairline, different dude, different leg wounds, different time/place.

If you want to make assumptions like these in public, be my guest. But I assure, that is not the same guy. it is not an actor pretending to be a wounded victim. And anyone pretending or actually being silly enough to be convinced otherwise...needs to really reconsider his or her logic compass.

THAT HOAX is a lie. And those two people are different people. And that's just the truth. If you can't see that...well. Lets not say what I think...

This is a very important time in every living American's history. I ASSURE YOU this event will change your entire life and way of living. And if so many of the populace is going to fall for Goldbug actor claims...there is little hope for us all.
Hugs.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
For my part, I can see this being a terrorist org because terrorism is psychological warfare. The point of an attack is not to cause widespread death, but mass casualties to the point of fear. FEAR. look at the nationwide response. Yes less than ten people got killed, but more got injured in such a publicized event that we as a nation are reeling from the fear. while my fear is not that this can happen to me but what will be happening to me and my liberties when the dhs makes its move to prevent more attacks like this. "those who would trade liberty for safety deserve neither." I wonder why the government did not propose new legislation in our kitchens and garden sheds when the mass stabbings happened in Texas..

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, as much as folks hate FB. The MS news beat ATS to this discovery.

The bomb site, before & after.

Someone with better embedding skills than I, will have to put the picture in.

M.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet

M.

Just saw that as well. How did all those people standing right in front of the bomb, like literally a couple of cm away, survive?

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Jumped the gun and did not look at every aspect of the image.
I guess the news site didnt either. They should take it down.
edit on 4/16/2013 by SMR because: Correction

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Anyone have a pic of a map for that? I saw one earlier yesterday on the two that went off, and the library fire, that they called an explosion at the time, but nothing for the other two.

It is estimated, via footage that the first bomb was at or around Marathon Sports on Boylston St and the other just near the Starbucks (SOUTH of Fairfield) on the same street. Given footage and google-maps, we can estimate fairly close where the points of explosion occurred. Officially, nothing has been noted.
edit on 16-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: North, South....directions are subjective.....sorry

edit on 16-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: Man...its late...it was north of the first explosion but south of Fairfield.......

That seems right for the explosions, but what about the ones that didn't go off?

Originally posted by Power_Semi
*snip*

Early reports said one of the unexploded devices was "under a podium" near the finishing line, so...

*snip*

Do you have source for that? I haven't located anything so far to state where the unexploded devices were located. I did locate something that stated there were FIVE total, not four, apparently listing the library as a location. Some have stated that they heard news claiming this wasn't an explosion, but I haven't seen anything in print yet. Does anyone have an online source about that?

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by dan151
It seems no one knows what the hell is going on. Obama is been very quiet along with a lot of other officials. The next few days are going to be very interesting.

I wonder what will happen for the London marathon security wise?

I read or heard earlier - can't recall which - that the Brits are reevaluating their security measures, in light of this event. I wonder as well what measures, if any, they will take.
edit on 16-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

They'll have to do something, the London Marathon is one of the biggest in the world with hundreds of thousands of people going into London to participate or cheer people on. Unless there are reassurances or an explanation about this tragedy before then, the numbers will be significantly lower.

I can imagine they'll draft in a larger security presence at all underground stations, and along the route too. Although they can't do a whole lot to secure an entire city, they can at least give the "impression" that security is tight.

Well, at least London has some experience in searching for such devices. Honestly, though, if more targets are planned, I would suspect "they" would choose some other sort of event, just to keep people guessing.

I forgot to post the link to the sroty talking about five devices - link

A first responder source confirms to Fox News that five total explosive devices were found in the Boston area, including the two that exploded. Authorities spent the next several hours sweeping the area for additional devices. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 16-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: oops

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Honestly, though, if more targets are planned, I would suspect "they" would choose some other sort of event, just to keep people guessing.

Are there any planned events in the area? If its a lone guy he could be planning on attacking within Boston, if its a group of people, might be planning doing it somewhere else (perhaps this was a test run). I'm certainly worried since whoever it was seems to be still on the loose, and if he did it again, he can probably do it again.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

M.

No way thats the bag that exploded.

1. The railing is bent towards from the sidewalk out to the street (its completely hugging the mailbox)
2. The mailbox wouldnt even be there

link   

Originally posted by colonelblake
whooooh. now an earthquake has struck iran.

That makes two recently. Do you see some connection? Not sure what the relevance is. Please share your thoughts.

link   
reply to post by SMR

They said it was a black nylon bag. Scroll to the left there is a family with children and a black nylon bag on the ground I front of the fence.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

huh ?? BSed what ? what about a 'maybe' is BS to you ?

political baiting ??? how do you figure ?
are these prior convicted bombers automatically exluded in your book and if so, why ??

you don't approve of FR, don't use them, provide your own souce and stop knocking the ones provided when YOU asked.

hmmmm, rather review the list of Czars (provided by FR), you just claim its bunk ???
neato.

i guess discovering any real truth isn't part of your agenda ?

it is no great leap to surmize that the actions of previously known communist groups would differ much from the acts of current communists in government.
why would they divert from a platform that has proven effective previously ?

very few groups then were known for claiming responsibility for their acts ... why would that be any different today ?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

M.

Just saw that as well. How did all those people standing right in front of the bomb, like literally a couple of cm away, survive?

Because there is absolutely no proof that it's the bomb. NONE of the other bags seen in the picture are there either. The photos are at least an hour apart (as said so by the person who took the images). So even if it's not from the owner of the bag leaving with it, it could easily have been blown away by the real bomb.

Look at the metal barrier bent around the mailbox. It shows not only that the force could have blown the bag away (if it was still around when the bomb went off) but also that the bomb was likely on the other side of the barrier.
edit on 16-4-2013 by ManiShuck because: cleared up a few words

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

M.

1. The railing is bent towards from the sidewalk out to the street (its completely hugging the mailbox)

If it's not that bag, it was very near it.

If will you notice the smoking debris out in the street, too. So it's not an hour or so later, after the fact time, wise.

The other black bag that was mentioned elsewhere in the thread is not there after the fact, either.
However, it's not to say one bag was black and another a different color.

M.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Moshpet because: M+A+T+H = 42

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

No manifesto?
No ID?
I would speculate that this person or group is not done. There must have been a tremendous amount of planning that went into this. Whomever it is is probably loving the media attention, but has to be upset with the low number of casualties.

Also, twelve seconds... I would guess that someone placed the bombs and walked around the corner and detonated them one by one with a cell phone. Twelve seconds sounds just about right to make two phone calls.

Dunno why that showed up as a reply to Mr. Mask.
edit on 16-4-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
WOW! Lets hope there is video of that area so they can see who left that there.

edit on 4/16/2013 by SMR because: Added Image

I should that spot yesterday and said that was most likely the spot it exploded. Then another poster said no I don't think so. Well I would like to say I have an alibi I am to far a way to have any thing to do with it.
I do feel better that I was not seeing things and it was the right location though. At least I am not losing it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

M.

Remember the bomb was not what caused the damage as much as the shrapnel within. Also if you look closely you will see that the mail box has wholes in the side of it. Crude black powder does not make a high explosive bomb more or less a big firework packed with a whole lot of nastys.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Cbell77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2013 by Cbell77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManiShuck
Because there is absolutely no proof that it's the bomb. NONE of the other bags seen in the picture are there either. The photos are at least an hour apart (as said so by the person who took the images). So even if it's not from the owner of the bag leaving with it, it could easily have been blown away by the real bomb.

Look at the metal barrier bent around the mailbox. It shows not only that the force could have blown the bag away (if it was still around when the bomb went off) but also that the bomb was likely on the other side of the barrier.
edit on 16-4-2013 by ManiShuck because: cleared up a few words

Yeah, thats what I meant, how could they survive being that close to the bomb. I don't think they could...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Someone sent a letter to a senator today and the envelope was laced with rocin poison.

Good lord, sounds like crap is about to hit the fan.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The best way to find where the bomb went off is to look for where the injured are in the pictures. If the bomb was blown at ground level you will see a whole lot of lower extremity amputees right at the spot. As the explosion travels outward then you will have more abdominal wounds and some upper extremity ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join