It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Mr Mask

No manifesto?
No ID?
I would speculate that this person or group is not done. There must have been a tremendous amount of planning that went into this. Whomever it is is probably loving the media attention, but has to be upset with the low number of casualties.

Dunno why that showed up as a reply to Mr. Mask.
edit on 16-4-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

Maybe it made you reply to me cus the ATS-Computer-God knew I agree with you 100%.

I don't think anyone on the investigation side assumes this individual or group is done.

As always...speculation.

MM

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Honestly, though, if more targets are planned, I would suspect "they" would choose some other sort of event, just to keep people guessing.

Are there any planned events in the area? If its a lone guy he could be planning on attacking within Boston, if its a group of people, might be planning doing it somewhere else (perhaps this was a test run). I'm certainly worried since whoever it was seems to be still on the loose, and if he did it again, he can probably do it again.

I have no idea about Boston, but I do know Fiesta, in San Antonio, is next week. There are probably other big events in other cities as well. If this wasn't some local, and I don't think it was, then the next strike, if one is planned, could be any place.

It still bothers me that some devices weren't detonated (NOT because less people were injured - that's a good thing), because it almost seems like they were meant to be found, and that seems to happen in a frame job. I think it's possible that whatever organization did this, they might have deliberately tried pointing the blame in a different direction. Who, I have no idea.

I will say this, though; even if this was domestic, that doesn't mean it wasn't Islamic. No, we don't know that it WAS, yet, but it's still possible. There were reports of some Islamic terrorist groups calling on Muslims to "do their part", and do whatever they could against "the enemy" - presumably whoever they don't like. Shortly after those reports, I recall reading of more than one case of Muslim women spitting on people in public places. The point is, it's just as possible that this was local, even American, Muslims, as that it was some other extremist group (and yes, there are plenty, from all sectors of the spectrum of beliefs). I won't rule any such group out just yet.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

That's interesting. I have been watching Faux. The pictures of the bomb were coming out of Atlanta. And they were saying the pressure cookers are made in Georgia. I found that odd. Pressure cookers aren't ONLY made in Georgia. And why are the photos coming out of Atlanta. And now another bomb in Atlanta? They're still talking about Atlanta right now, but no word of a new bomb there.
Coincidence of conditioning. You decide.

ETA: Disregard. Dunno how I got Atlanta out of that post. Haha

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

"official" reports stress and state there were only two devices. This has been covered in this thread about ten times (no worries there is over a hundred pages, easy to miss).

But ALL official reports from FBI to every news outlet has corrected the false report of more than 2 devices.

Only 2...no more...both exploded.

Hugs and love to you!

www.foxnews.com...

MM
edit on 16-4-2013 by Mr Mask because: added link

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

That mailbox looks remarkably undamaged.

I know 3 people died and 100s were injured, but I also think this was a VERY amateurish bomb. Seeing the first picture with HUNDREDS of people and the bomb basically in the midst of them, a "real" bomb (sorry, I don't know how else to phrase it) would have probably killed MANY, MANY more. There is no damage really even in the second picture, the mailbox is still in tact and most other things. A bomb of "terrorist grade" would have blown out windows within a several blocks radius, damaged and lit on fire cars/buildings and done MUCH more damage, deaths and injured.
edit on 16-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Not so fast. These are going to be the new M.O. of Al Qaida:

www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The bomb maker surely knew he wasn't going to tear down buildings or anything. These things were designed to shred people up. Similar to a claymore mine. The blast is still substantial, but the real devastation comes from all the shrapnel. They are considered anti-personnel mines.

ETA: In fact, if I remember correctly, they even said that the bombs had boards in them. That is done to focus the blast out into the street. At the runners.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCSQUARED1
I just thought of something, Probably nothing but here goes

The first explosion happened at 4:9:44 which looks like a weird number to me, and the explosions could of been worse but maybe it was just a warning. There's lots of hype over here in the British media about the upcoming London Marathon and it says there's around 30,000 to attend, Back to the time of the first explosion 4 into 9 as a decimal is .44444 recurring and it happened .44ms and it stuck with me until today and I remember watching some clip on youtube about the rockefeller foundation ' predicting ' 13000 to die in London
anyway 44% of 30,000 is 13,200, maybe 44 is a symbolic number i don't know, as I said its probably nothing but still a thought is sometimes worth putting to paper for the what ifs, I know you can make numbers fit and I'm not a smart guy but just pondering on it made me think, Sorry if I've wasted anyone's time, No bs intended

The first explosion was reported to have gone off somewhere around 2:57pm, Eastern time, not 4-something. Someone else offered something similar, but that time is off a bit.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

i have to agree with most of the people that say we dont know who it was yet...

but i also have to take into consideration the things you pointed out as well as the date, the timing, the location of the bombs, the spacing of them the fact that two were retrieved without detonation, and the materials they were made of...

i also have to take into consideration the financial terrorism that has been going on in the last 6 months as well as the rumblings behind the scenes of people frustrated with the deteriorating state of life in our nation...

it also strikes me as odd that this coincides with the attempt at passing of CISPA once again in congress, where the govt is pushing hard to be able to pry into all our personal information...

does it appear to be some degree of organization behind it? yes...but to what level i do not know since the materials were easy to obtain items...

is it definitely one or the other group? we dont know for sure...

does it seem likely that this was only the beginning of things to come? i think we can say definitely yes...

we all need to keep our eyes and ears open to anything odd, especially things that are overshadowed by this sad event...as with anything this could be a slight of hand maneuver to distract from things that are going on elsewhere...we also need to keep talking about it with any new information even the slightest detail or oddity being documented here so it does not get buried beneath the shock of this event...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Not so fast. These are going to be the new M.O. of Al Qaida:

www.abovetopsecret.com

They already are the M.O of "al-Qaida". They have been used time and time again.

One two months ago in a mall in greece.

MM

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1
the fact that two were retrieved without detonation,

Again, every TV station and the FBI, and the Governor of Boston himself have stressed all day, there is no other devices found.

There were "reportedly" only 2 devices- both exploded.

Reports contradicting this come from mis-reported detonation/destruction of suspicious packages (as standard procedure calls for) that proved to be nothing.

MM
edit on 16-4-2013 by Mr Mask because: spelling...I suck at spelling.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The first explosion was reported to have gone off somewhere around 2:57pm, Eastern time, not 4-something. Someone else offered something similar, but that time is off a bit.

I think that is a reference to the time in the race when the blast happened. 4 hr, 9 min

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Sorry I think it was 4.9.44 into the race

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Boston Marathon. Video of Man Fleeing From scene of Second Bomb

OSTON (WHDH) -- Photos sent to 7News by a viewer show the scene just before and right after the bombs went off on Boylston Street.

7News has provided these pictures to the FBI as they continue their investigation. They are looking at the pictures to see if it's possible it could be the second bomb.

In the first picture you can see a bag next to a mailbox and up against a barricade along the marathon route. In the second, which we have blurred because it is very graphic, there is no sign of the bag. The viewer who took the pictures says there may be an hour or more between when the first and second pictures were taken.

www1.whdh.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What was the final verdict on the blast at the JFK Library? I know they said it wasn't related, but that is EXTREMELY coincidental.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is my biggest fear on what happened, thoughts and prayers for all victims and families but it is now reported that a student from China was killed in the bombings...

If this bombing was done by a US citizen which I hope it was not, China will not be happy with USA for sure!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MCSQUARED1

So because a guy ran away from a blast he is a suspect? Haha

I understand they gotta look at all angles, but I would wager money that they were remote detonated and the perp was not in harm's way.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yes, I was just pointing out it was elapsed time, not wall clock. Guess I should have added the 44.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

"official" reports stress and state there were only two devices. This has been covered in this thread about ten times (no worries there is over a hundred pages, easy to miss).

But ALL official reports from FBI to every news outlet has corrected the false report of more than 2 devices.

Only 2...no more...both exploded.

Hugs and love to you!

www.foxnews.com...

MM
edit on 16-4-2013 by Mr Mask because: added link

Well, that's interesting! I haven't looked at too much from today, and what I did read was mostly about these devices resembling IEDs used in the Middle East, and by Islamic terrorists. So, did we ever get a report as to what DID happen at the library? I recall reading that some there reported hearing what sounded like an explosion. Yes, I know, sometimes a fire can make something explode, but one would think they would explain the details, to put speculation to rest. I am also curious as to how they went from "confirmed reports" yesterday of 4-5 devices, to "only two" today. I could see a report of a "possible device" being detonated, and later announced as being "not a device", but they "confirmed" 4-5 yesterday. Bad reporting, or altered official story, I wonder?

Definitely easy to miss, in any case. I dropped out at page 94 early this morning, and when I got back, it was up to 118. So far, I haven't read all of that! So, info appreciated, even if it does raise more possible questions. Hugs always appreciated!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

What was the final verdict on the blast at the JFK Library? I know they said it wasn't related, but that is EXTREMELY coincidental.

They say its just coincidence and not connected. That's the official word anyways.

Take it how your radar takes things.

Hugs bro!

MM

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

So because a guy ran away from a blast he is a suspect? Haha

I understand they gotta look at all angles, but I would wager money that they were remote detonated and the perp was not in harm's way.

I agree with you on this one, However it should still be investigated. I really doubt that the perp would be close by his bomb/bombs when they went off.

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join