It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things Mrs Margaret Thatcher didn't do

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

So you don't like women are you threatened by them?

Mrs T brought women out of the kitchen and into the work force she was saying look at i can do and you can do it to. It made Britain look ahead of other countries and over this last 20yrs a lot of women have took up posts in other countries.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by fairguy

So you don't like women are you threatened by them?

Mrs T brought women out of the kitchen and into the work force she was saying look at i can do and you can do it to. It made Britain look ahead of other countries and over this last 20yrs a lot of women have took up posts in other countries.

Tell me, how did you come up with that out of what I posted? Please. Enlighten my male brain.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This thread makes me feel like I'm being trolled, by a room full of monkeys, who have yet to learn what the word 'sexist' defines.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Thank you for appearing in my first real thread

I enjoyed your posts very much

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

You could also add to your list.

Systematically destroyed the trades union,thereby reducing the rights of the ordinary worker.

Destroyed the UK's Manufacturing base.

Only ever entered into the Falklands conflict to boost her popularity

Instituted the right to buy for council tennants leading to the chronic shortage of housing stock that we have today.

Showed her utter contempt for the people of Scotland(who unanimously rejected her and her party at the elections) by introducing the "poll tax" in our country.

She will NOT be missed by a great majority of people up here.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Fairguy woman used to sit behind desks and type or be a nurse, I did all sorts of things work wise that my ole dad would have thought impossible, i remember when i was 16 i wanted to be a boiler maker in the shipyard just cos my dad did it but i was allowed so i went back to school for another 5yrs and came out with exams up to my arm pits.

Guess what i couldn't find a job so i trained for something else instead, i through all those years of learning down the drain.

After Maggie, women went out and became soldiers, lorry drivers, boiler makers and the list goes on and on

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

And I have respect for those woman who done that. What I don't respect is anyone who brings half of the entire country to it's knees, be they man, woman, or goldfish.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

Fairguy woman used to sit behind desks and type or be a nurse, I did all sorts of things work wise that my ole dad would have thought impossible, i remember when i was 16 i wanted to be a boiler maker in the shipyard just cos my dad did it but i was allowed so i went back to school for another 5yrs and came out with exams up to my arm pits.

Guess what i couldn't find a job so i trained for something else instead, i through all those years of learning down the drain.

After Maggie, women went out and became soldiers, lorry drivers, boiler makers and the list goes on and on

You have a preconceived idea that I didn't like her purely based on gender? Do you even know how bad some of her policies affected the northern half of the country?

Gender. Means. Nothing. In. Politics.

link   

reply to post by fairguy

Absolute rubbish. Women where doing most of those roles during WW II. Thatcher had no influence on that whatever.

link   
Duplicate post.
edit on 14-4-2013 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Yes i will agree with you about the Scottish people she did let you all down big time but i think we all seen that coming its the same as N.Ireland.

Arthur Scargill (sorry wrong spelling) and the trade unions did that to themselves they should have let the miner go back to work and it was Arthur that pushed at the trade unions but then we all will argue about that to as some say yes and some say no.

Thanks to Maggie i was able to buy my dad's house so we don't agree with everything it was a housing excutive house in a lovely area so i was really pleased to get it.

Thanks for joining in

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

That's because they had to after the war they all went back to there kitchen sinks and became housewives again,

The fun days where over but a lot of soldiers when they came home lost girlfriends and even wives as they ran of with yanks they thought America would be far more exciting than Britain, it wasn't though it was just warmer

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I will rejoice in the exact same way when (s)Cameron dies, but no, am I allowed to? He's not a vaginaperson.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

That's because they had to after the war they all went back to there kitchen sinks and became housewives again,

The fun days where over but a lot of soldiers when they came home lost girlfriends and even wives as they ran of with yanks they thought America would be far more exciting than Britain, it wasn't though it was just warmer

You made it sound like women had never carried out those roles before. Women did go back to being housewives, mainly because there was full employment for men after the war and it didn't take both partners to earn a wage just to be able to cover their cost of living as many women have to do today.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You refer to WW2 as 'the fun days'

I think I may be done here.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

I think she means the fun days where women could sleep around with American soldiers whilst their loving husbands/boyfriends were being killed, maimed and tortured whilst protecting them.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Originally posted by fairguy

I think she means the fun days where women could sleep around with American soldiers whilst their loving husbands/boyfriends were being killed, maimed and tortured whilst protecting them.

Oh yeah, such fun! And not sexist in any way, shape or form.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

okeydokey don't get your knickers in a twist hay!!

You like women i shall say no more about it

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

okeydokey don't get your knickers in a twist hay!!

You like women i shall say no more about it

It's just that the things you were saying were in the same vain as the people who cry racist simply because someone disagrees with Barack Obamas policies.

The EXACT same.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

I just give you a star for your very witty comment

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join