Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Things Mrs Margaret Thatcher didn't do

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hi ATS'ers i'm a bit nerves here as this is my first real Thread but i won't tell you when you read it not to write nasty things about Mrs Thatcher that is up to you and Onesideofthecoin my first real Tread is dedicated to you, hope your allowed to do that??

Things that Mrs Thatcher didn't do

1) Abandon the Falkland Islands to the Argies.

2) Cow down to the IRA

3) Allow 200,000+Immigrants into the UK EVERY YEAR (It was between 13-50,000)

4) Institute the Human Rights Act, thus allowing Murderous Scum and Terrorists to live here with no chance of
kicking them out.

5) Roll over and allow Europe to dictate what we can and cannot do.

6) Run up hugh depts by spending money the country didn't have and getting our credit rating reduced.

So before you sit there slagging her off (especially those who weren't born when she was Prime Minister) take a look at what has happened to our Country since she resigned.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Didnt do. LoL. Had to delete my post
edit on 14-4-2013 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

OK she didn't provide any kind of back up plan for the miners that were going to lose a job and the families that were going to split up and people starving. A simple screw you and people went through riots and beatings. She should have handled it differently.
edit on 14-4-2013 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
She has quite a long list of both negative and positive actions that she undertook. Depends on which side of the coin you fall on whether you consider them good or bad things.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Her biggest failure was not to unite the Country. She was into "Divide and conquer" That's not a CV of any great leader. The greatest leaders of Twentieth Century Britain where Sir Winston Churchill and Clement Attlee. Thatcher was not fit to clean their boots.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

Maybe Arthur shouldn't have got them all to strike don't forget many families had to get help from other people because of he wouldn't let them go back to work, so i suppose there's more than one person to blame.

Thank you for posting Parksie

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The feminist icon,lol who didn't promote any other females to the cabinet.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Hi little Hopechest
yes there is indeedy but then i think if you look back at every PM after her and before her there would be lists just as long or maybe longer, i respect her because she didn't back down to anything, she might have been a woman but she had the heart of a King as Elizabeth 1 said.

Thanks for posting Hopechest

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
In my opinion I like Margaret Thatcher because she was like many other leaders. She had her ups and downs. Both supporters and opponents will bring out her history for the years to come. What we should do is see her as a person who has saw a lot of success and failures.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I wouldn't have either there much to bitchy did you ever look to see the women she had then?

An PM needs strong MP's behind them and the back stabbers to keep an eye on them.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Then explain why she had Kenneth Clarke in the cabinet,wasn't it him who wielded the knife that stabbed her in the back?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

They all had there faults, i think just because she was a woman people want to put her down but if you really open your eyes and read what she had done she wasn't all that bad.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

HI Phoenix yes she wasn't all that bad and i think in years to come people will go,"wow a lady ran the country" lol but hopefully by then things might have changed and they'll be asking why there was only one!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
People rant on about how Thatcher " Won The Falklands War" People seem to forget that it was her Government that got us into the mess of The Falklands in the first place.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Maybe she new he was a back stabber and she let her guard down, i thought it was sick what they did to her but then would they have done it if she was a man PM no i don't think just look at Tony Blair was he a great PM, he took my son and daughter to a war that we shouldn't have been near, did you notice his son signing up?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This is extremely off-topic but.... How can you have "live and let live" as your signature and then defend a murdering, country dividing tory bastard?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

The Argies tried to get the hold of the Island a load of times they used to fish inside the limits just to get the islanders backs up, i wouldn't believe a thing any paper says i think that's why people call them they rags but that's your opinion of Mrs T we all have are owe good and bad thoughts about her.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Tell these thoughts to my uncle who almost commited suicide thanks to this woman making him jobless. Or to my parents who very nearly got divorced thanks to her policies.

Oh yeah, she was a GREAT woman.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Murder? Could you explain that please?

I really don't think me having live and let live in my signature has anything to do with Mrs T or are you one of those people who think just because your talking to a woman you can act smart?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Okay, I'll bite:

She didn't abandon the Falkland Islanders - This one event managed to keep her in office, but the loss of life on both sides was massive, for a war that didn't last more than 6 months. We came close to losing this war and if it wasn't for a few fortunate events the death toll could've been much higher and the result very different.

She didn't cow to the I.R.A - And her stubborness in not willing to even negotiate with this organisation resulted in the deaths of many more people. I do not condone what the I.R.A done, but let's be honest they were not being listened to and felt they had no other option.

Allow 200.000 + immigrants into the U.K - Yes she also didn't start wars in areas of the world we had no rights getting involved in. A fair percentage of these immigrants have come from these areas.

Institute the Human Rights Act - Okay, this is something that the U.K signed in 1948 and had fifty years to implement into law. So in 1998, a law was introduced. We had fifty years to deicide if we really wanted to consitute this into law, she didn't rip up the agreement, she left it to others to introduce it.

Roll over and allow Europe to dictate what we can and cannot do - Initially she was part of the Govenment that took us into Europe. She was pro Europe, but quite rightly once she saw through the lies being spun by Eurocrats she decided to stand against it. Unfortunately for her this was her downfall. The Pro Euro supporters in her party ousted her.

Run up Huge Debts effecting our credit rating - All Governments borrow it's par for the course. Remember there wasn't a banking crisis during her premiership, but the banking crisis roots stem back to her premiership.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Look up the belgrano. She condoned the murder of over 300 innocent people. That's before you count the many suicides she caused.

And let me just say, I dont care if she was a man, woman, child, or alien... That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Anyone who puts that many millions through that kind of grief deserves to rot!

You know what's more sexist than a man being sexist? A woman thinking a man is sexist simply because he speaks his mind about her.

DING DONG!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join