It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things Mrs Margaret Thatcher didn't do

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

I don't have to believe anything a newspaper says. The article i have quoted is a release from The National Archives under the 30 years rule.

www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

Thatchers Government got us into the Falklands War, when it could have been avoided if they had shown on once of competence.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

If you look at PM's before and after the war you will find all families had it bad you can't just blame one person for all that pick up a few bio's about them and read really how good and bad they where.

I'm sorry about your uncle and your own family as my father also lost his job in the shipyard and had 2 girls to bring up on his own so we all had it bad but my dad liked Mrs T even her faults and he always used to say to me to be a good listener.

I understand your anger though they where hard times.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Be back in half an hour iv'e to put dinn dinns out

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well said Bally. The recent Labour politicians / party have been the biggest / fifth column traitors ever, with their Bilderberg agenda. She was at least not a puppet and a mouth piece as todays ' tories' are, particualrly those in the inner circle like Osborne, Cameron.

We have lost our way in this country and for starters we need to start voting wth our hearts and minds, real people - not just puppets.

For good or ill at least Mrs T was a real person. She was an achiever and a woman and people hate her for that.

Addit: before any one says this ; I do not think ship building and mining should have been stopped in Britain - that was a BIG mistake.
edit on 14-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

No worries, I could just see this turning into one of those threads in which people blindly praise her..

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by glen200376

Maybe she new he was a back stabber and she let her guard down, i thought it was sick what they did to her but then would they have done it if she was a man PM no i don't think just look at Tony Blair was he a great PM, he took my son and daughter to a war that we shouldn't have been near, did you notice his son signing up?

Not just his son, but any Politician's son or daughter? Not one had a serving member of the armed forces. It's easier to make these kind decisions if you are not going to be immediately effected by it.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
Her biggest failure was not to unite the Country. She was into "Divide and conquer" That's not a CV of any great leader. The greatest leaders of Twentieth Century Britain where Sir Winston Churchill and Clement Attlee. Thatcher was not fit to clean their boots.

You are in fantasy land - Churchill was leader of a coalition govt, he was not liked before the war and was voted out after the war. All leaders cause division. Blair is the worst leader this country has ever seen and has caused more problems in this country in 10 years then any PM/ King in the previous 500 - bar Henry the 8th who was probably as bad.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
The feminist icon,lol who didn't promote any other females to the cabinet.

Glen - have you heard of 'common purpose' do you know the damage they have done - supported by labour ???
second.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Then explain why she had Kenneth Clarke in the cabinet,wasn't it him who wielded the knife that stabbed her in the back?

and Heseltine etc - Clarke is common purpose and a Bilderberger - she did not go along with the plans for a united Europe - she saw the writing on the wall. She would not agree to the Maastricht treaty - which was why she was outed and puppet Major signed it.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Maastricht Treaty (formally, the Treaty on European Union or TEU) was signed on 7 February 1992 by the members of the European Community in Maastricht, Netherlands.[1] On 9–10 December 1991, the same city hosted the European Council which drafted the treaty.[2] Upon its entry into force on 1 November 1993 during the Delors Commission,[3] it created the European Union and led to the creation of the single European currency, the euro

She said the Euro would never work - and has she been proved right !!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Things she did do... Destroy the steel industry, destroy the coal industry, destroy the shipping industry,destroy the car industry, made millions unemployed, favoured the bankers, froze the pensioners in their own homes, introduced the poll tax, locked up the poor.... shall I go on?

Nah...

A GOOD Prime Minister should UNITE a country, NOT DIVIDE IT!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Tell me what Labour did next to unite the country

Waiting .........

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Tell me what Labour did next to unite the country

Waiting .........
This is about Thatcher.... is it not?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

It is about a balanced view not blind hate- which is what you are displaying.
Kinnoch was a bilderberger - he is now a highly paid EU stooge as is his wife, and you would have preferred him.
He would have been worse for the country then Mrs T.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
Her biggest failure was not to unite the Country. She was into "Divide and conquer" That's not a CV of any great leader. The greatest leaders of Twentieth Century Britain where Sir Winston Churchill and Clement Attlee. Thatcher was not fit to clean their boots.

You are in fantasy land - Churchill was leader of a coalition govt, he was not liked before the war and was voted out after the war. All leaders cause division. Blair is the worst leader this country has ever seen and has caused more problems in this country in 10 years then any PM/ King in the previous 500 - bar Henry the 8th who was probably as bad.

When it comes to "Fantasy Land" you are streets ahead of anyone else. Do i believe your opinion of what you think of British PM's are should i go with the academics views? Ok yours i will toss into the rubbish bin:-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Thatcher was a Bilderberger. Since the fifties, all Prime Ministers have been members of this group.

She was ousted by other Biderbergers, because she decided to speak out against Europe when she felt betrayed by them.

Wether we like it or not this country is run to the Bilderberg agenda and all the rhetoric from Cameron about Europe is out and out garbage.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

evidence and balance comments please ?? Insults do not cut it
second

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

so in other words she put what was best for her country ahead of the 'agenda' - that is one reason I admire her.
second

link   

I read that and it doesn't say anything about MrsT starting anything the Falkland Islands was invaded by the Argies what did you want Britain to do, just let them have it?

link   

evidence and balance comments please ?? Insults do not cut it
second

Insults? I think you lead the field in that department.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

so personal attacks above evidence - again ?
second

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join