It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things Mrs Margaret Thatcher didn't do

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

I'm not trolling - age is extremely relevant to any discussion relating to Thatcher and her legacy. It helps understand the perspective of contributing posters and separates those who lived through the experience from those who have gained their understanding second and third hand.

Evidently you lived through her term in office and should have the maturity to recognise that posters who disapprove of policies implemented by Thatcher are not misogynists - and to realise that it is, in fact, extremely sexist of you to suggest that they are.
edit on 14-4-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by christina-66

I'm 55 christina though its not any of your business you work it out.

This thread is about Mrs T not my age or maybe you think that nice little avatar picture is of me?

If you want to come to this thread as a troll i'd rather you left it.

Thank you for your imput anyway.

That's strange, because on page 17 of this thread you state your age as being 51.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I was born with them and I was 12 in 1979

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You no sometime i had a big long post to send to you and i thought why!

Do me a favour and go play with your computer again and learn a few more words to stick in your only threads as i said at the beginning of my thread i don't want anyone being cheeky or people feeling uncomfortable and you seem to be doing both christina

So i shall bid you fare well christina, i really hope you don't mind

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Things She Did Do:
Make Defence Cuts, taking away forces from the Falkland Islands pre 1983 and making the Islands a more easier and attractive target!!!
Deny Ignorance....

Order the slaughter of Irish Citizens Bloody Sunday 1972 30th January(Tory Government of which thatcher served in).....

Immigrants.... They have been pouring in since WW2 and thats 34 years of Tory Rule and 30 years Of Labour Rule Of which 11 out of those 34 years were Thatchers.

Human Rights Act also protects the Minimum Wage (in theory), Fair Rule Of English Law regardless of status, the NHS and numerous other items you take for granted in your everyday life... Your ability to use the internet for instance.....

NEWS FLASH: it was the TORY Government of which Thatcher was a part of that introduced us to EUROPE(COMMON MARKET) in 1973!! seriously did you actually look before you posted

Run up huge Debts I think you were saying
...WRONG... During her time in Office she sold ALL Nationalised Industry (50 Companies ) and our ability to create sufficient wealth without credit or loans.. Guess who brought those Industries..... Europeans, International Businesses and very few actual British People...

Please next time think before you post and please, please, please Deny Ignorance!

One more point...... 1952 Tory decision, India becomes Independant state (Tory leadership Winston I believe) Indians Emigrated to the UK ... Thatcher was a Tory.... Tories created the modern state of Immigration...
edit on 14-4-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

opps i am 51 i don't no why i did that thank you allday
still there on the day though with my little family, mind you my sisters 55 lol

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Her and Reagan were the start of disaster capitalism. They followed Friedman economics which destroyed Chile and put Pinochet in power. The gap between the Rich and poor grew when they were in power.Now look today they are trying to re-fight the same wars that Thatcher and Reagan did with Iran and Falklands

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

You see there you all go again Mrs T was an awful woman she killed lots of people and we're swamped with people we don't want!

I hate to tell you Dreamer but maybe you should keep dreaming as we won't go into the soldiers and police RUC being murdered but then that's not allowed to be talked about is it.

As for all the other things well isn't it awful that some other wonderful PM didn't come along and fix it all.

You do no that PM's have advisers you do no why they have those advisers?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You all do no that i do agree with a lot of the things you all say about Mrs T i wrote this thread because of the bad press she was getting,

She did bad and she did good that's why i was able to buy my own house when she was in power.

Don't shoot the messenger some of these posts are getting a little bit out of hand and i do not want anyone to feel uncomfortable, in school we called it Bullying so please check your wording before posting as i'm fed up getting at people who are old enough to no better.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You see there you all go again Mrs T was an awful woman she killed lots of people and we're swamped with people we don't want!

I hate to tell you Dreamer but maybe you should keep dreaming as we won't go into the soldiers and police RUC being murdered but then that's not allowed to be talked about is it.

As for all the other things well isn't it awful that some other wonderful PM didn't come along and fix it all.

You do no that PM's have advisers you do no why they have those advisers?

This isn't a fairytale it is Historic Facts

The IRA responded to a masacre caused by the Tory Party in power in 1973 of which Thatcher served, that doesn't excuse the terrorist actions of either the IRA or the British Army under Tory Rule 1973....but for 51 year old you are seemingly not aware of the goings on in the 70's... You obviously weren't on this planet at the time.

Oh well she made it so you could buy your home... Well she's forgiven for causing the Falklands War, Selling off our National Assets, Calling Nelson Mandella a Terrorist and Communist, Stealing Milk from 4-5 year old of the poorest in our society, Introducing Poll Tax, Miners Strikes of which caused Deaths on both sides of the argument.... I could go on and on and on the list is long. Like I said you obviosly lived your life with Rich Peoples Blinkers on.

edit on 14-4-2013 by DreamerOracle because: I became a bit angry and have removed the spelling comment

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You all do no that i do agree with a lot of the things you all say about Mrs T i wrote this thread because of the bad press she was getting,

She did bad and she did good that's why i was able to buy my own house when she was in power.

Don't shoot the messenger some of these posts are getting a little bit out of hand and i do not want anyone to feel uncomfortable, in school we called it Bullying so please check your wording before posting as i'm fed up getting at people who are old enough to no better.

You will have to understand that there is still an awful lot of anger and hatred left, even now, many years later. People really did suffer.

This isn't just history to some of us, some of us were affected badly but then to have people telling us we were wrong and she was wonderful just takes the biscuit.

Those who came out of it better off, like yourself, must understand that millions came off a lot worse.. so spare us the gloating and telling us how great she was and how well you did... WE DIDN'T!
edit on 14-4-2013 by Mister_Bit because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You no sometime i had a big long post to send to you and i thought why!

Do me a favour and go play with your computer again and learn a few more words to stick in your only threads as i said at the beginning of my thread i don't want anyone being cheeky or people feeling uncomfortable and you seem to be doing both christina

So i shall bid you fare well christina, i really hope you don't mind

You don’t think your post to me was cheeky?

I think someone needs a holiday or maybe put in his room with his dummy!!

Or this?

The other women were all bitches i wouldn't have wanted them either lol

Or that this comment isn’t offensive to the female of the species in general?

You do realise that this site’s motto is ‘deny ignorance’ and is an attempt at encouraging full and frank debate?

Your posts in this thread confuse me (and I don’t think the issue is with me). On the one hand you hail Thatcher as a ground breaker in terms of women’s equality – and yet when a poster points out to you that she appointed no other women to her cabinet – you say you don’t blame her because ‘the women were all bitches’. Are you for women’s equality or against it?

For certain Thatcher did nothing to promote women's equality - that's another thing she didn't do.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I think you should give up Bally - they are making things up as they go along - they are just being irrational.

It is really ridiculous. Shows the mentality of the death dancers.
edit on 14-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Sorry your first paragraph doesn't make sense to me and the second one sounds like someone whose a bigot

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You do actually sound like a couple of 10 years olds.... Going by the spelling and the obvious lack of real knowledge..... Deny Ignorance Time to move to an adult thread. TROLL ALERT

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yes i no my 4 year old's where at school to and yes that was awful but as i said tell me one other PM that has done anything good after her as i said there is also things about her i didn't agree with either i take it you can read and you have read my other posts?

Some things your saying are a bit silly though that's up to you i just thought i'd say.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Dreamer your not very old are you as you sound like a little girl who threw her dummy out of her wee pram and run around with orange sheets on!!

Who's the two?

Christina was just saying her piece you don't have to be nasty about people writing words that are out of text that's a bit unfair, as i have already said we are not at school this is not an exam so i think you maybe the troller but its ok iv'e been called worst names.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Excuse me but i'm dyslexic so less of the discrimination!

I just read your post about my spelling and i do my best just sometimes i don't put the checker on as i forget and just post it before i realise.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Off topic. In one of your previous threads you said Richard III was the last true King of England. Do you really believe that and why?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I didn't to to bad in life going right through school to upper 6th and i'm very proud of the fact.

Why do some women on ATS always try to put other people down i'll never no, if you don't like the people posting just do what i do and ignore them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join