It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Title says: "Obama Will Let Me Go" ...So says a captured Illegal Alien

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I agree the only way is to make their living conditions better. Unfortunately that does not seem to be in the works for many of the countries in S. and Central America. Drive a bus and make $20 a week a Drug Cartel wants $5. Sell a house as a broker and make $300 the Cartel will demand $150...etc etc The sophistication of the Cartels and their inroads into every aspect of the region is truly astounding and sophisticated. Government officials are bought to secure an outcome that lines their pockets at the expense of the people.

Even the state sponsored housing which cost the average Mexican a fortune is nothing but two small rooms made out of cinder block an a roof.

With the corruption and Narco state entrenchments, those who are able try to escape... I probably would too.....But why does America have to be the one that suffers the consequences of their failed governmental policies..

I remember when the Cambodian government was killing a couple of million of their educated citizens; Saw a little talk by the world powers but "no action". Does any of this immigration stuff or the deaths and corruption make sense?....Not to me and others especially those who man the borders. For the Crystal rubbing rainbow progressives you have to wonder what planet they are from? The world and especially failed government policies start the problems, exacerbate the problems by adding layers of more failed policies and procedures which only magnifies the ills, yet a total redo seems to be out of the question.

If a country is going to make laws then it is expected those laws be upheld; live in a society where the government and their laws are disregarded even by the very government who made the laws then what is the average citizen supposed to think? Hey, the government does not obey their own laws so why should we...oh that's right they got the guns and the courts that will enforce the laws on the average citizen. etc etc.

edit on 14-4-2013 by 727Sky because: added content

edit on 14-4-2013 by 727Sky because: spelling every

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If I lived in a hell hole I'd leave their as soon as possible too. Can't hate on someone for something I would do.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

well i confess, way back when we had a choice, i chose to learn Spanish over French
although, i simply refuse to speak it now, even though the 'job' requires it.

Wow. Way to go. NOT.
:shk:

How about if you bloody ASK THEM to tell you their stories? Get to know their point of view and why they came here? And then pitch in to help FIX the issues that caused them to flee their HOMES?

But, nono, let's not have a dialogue, let's give them the silent treatment and act like asshats just because we can. Let's be arrogant, monolingual jackasses and not try one iota to be constructive. Let's just hate them and make them even more miserable.

Fail.
GREAT BIG FAT fail.

Shame on you. Shame on ALL of you who don't give a rat's rump for the suffering those people endured! Arrogant and selfish much?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

Well maybe i am coming from a humanitarian view point an maybe i am speaking with my heart but at least i sseem to have one dude,

Yes, you do, and I've starred every one of your posts in this thread. Thank you for speaking up.
I couldn't agree with you more. I simply do not understand and never will understand the blanket hatred and willful ignorance of some people.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There are people from all over the world who suffer, not just south of the border. For the pro-illegals I ask you this: Can we save them all? Obviously we cannot. Is it just innocent folk coming through illegally? No it is not. We have had pedophiles,murderers, thieves etc come through. Many families have lost loved ones because of an illegal being here and our laws not being enforced. Perhaps if it was one of YOUR family members, you would feel differently.

Too often we see the sad stories of an illegal when we have equally sad stories right here in the USA. Does anyone care that a citizen loses a job to an illegal and can no longer care for his family? Do any of you realize how many citizens fall through the cracks because they make a buck or two over the poverty limit? That buck or two won't make a difference in their lives when they cannot afford food, rent, utilities, healthcare etc. Do the tears of an American citizen matter to anyone?

I saw a woman in her eighties cry saying that if she were illegal, she would get all the help she needed, but because she isn't she won't get help because she was two dollars over the poverty limit. Does anyone realize how many of our people have to choose between life saving medicines and food????? Yes dear pro-illegal people, we have our sad stories as well.

To place an illegal foreigner's needs above a citizen is not the answer.
This is shocking! For those who have not felt the negative impact of illegal immigration, you will not care, but millions of our people do. Most Americans do not want amnesty of any kind which they are fighting to push through right now. Amnesty never worked in the past and only brought millions more here.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

The Americans who are suffering are ALSO victims - of a broken system. Yes, I care just as much about Americans who are struggling. The answer, again, is to FIX THE PROBLEM, here at home, AND in the homeland of those other suffering people in those other nations who had to flee to survive.

The immigrant criminals who come here were produced by the conditions in their home countries, JUST LIKE the criminals in THIS country (big bank CEOs, anyone?) were produced by the conditions HERE.

EVERYONE should be fed, housed, clothed, educated, and safe. Nationality doesn't have a damned thing to do with it.
I appreciate that you may have suffered, but it's NOT the fault of the immigrants. IT IS THE FAULT OF THE GOVERNMENTS. Period. End of story.

I would hope that those who suffer here, like your elderly lady example, would feel empathy for people who had it so bad that they had to flee or die. Instead of just whining and blind hatred toward other victims, we need to address the monsters that caused them ALL to suffer to begin with! Not just blame others for their own plight. That's just blind and misdirected hatred, Night Star. Hate the people who cause others to suffer by being greedy, despotic, selfish, and heartless.

I hope you see what I mean.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I HAVE listened to many of their stories. many say they have no intentions of ever becoming legal because they get so much more by being illegal. Wives work a regular job, hubby works under the table, wife lies and say they are a one income family. Together they make well above the poverty limit yet are getting food stamps, cheap housing etc. Through lies and deciet they steal. I was shocked because they seemed like the nicest people in the world.

When I ask them why they do that when they don't need the help and so many others do and have to wait on a waiting list for a long time for cheap housing, they say "America is stupid."

They cry poverty yet tell you how much it cost them for fraudulent documents and stolen identities. If they were poor, they wouldn't have money for anything!

By being pro-illegal, you are saying it is ok for them to have jobs before a citizen, it is ok if they get drunk and run over someones kid and kill them, it's ok for them to get to the head of the line and shove those who are going through the proper channels aside.

I have seen a young mother of two young children turned away from a job she qualified for and desperately needed while an illegal got hired instead.

I have seen and heard enough. I have seen illegals catered to on many levels while our own citizens suffer and struggle to survive.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

There is no blind hatred here,more like frustration and resentment. When I see foreigners placed above a citizen or the unfairness of illegals placing themselves to the head of the line before those who are coming through the proper channels, I find it upsetting. We have poor people right here in our own country that people seem to forget about.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I have seen and heard enough. I have seen illegals catered to on many levels while our own citizens suffer and struggle to survive.

But you are still not placing the blame where it belongs. It belongs on the government, which IS largely stupid and heartless. Don't you see??!!

Why would a person who has suffered so much and finds a way to live a better life not take advantage of the opportunity? Blame the companies that are hiring them, not them for being here trying to survive.

They seemed like nice people because they probably ARE nice people who were getting the shaft at home, and now have learned how to work the system so they can survive. Their mindset was CREATED by abject poverty, want, need, and oppression.

If we remove the obstacles to having enough and being safe and cared for in their homelands, people won't WANT to leave their homelands.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
This is the best Prez ever?

This 'Man' (using the term loosely) is the one that is taking America and the World to the brink of destruction. This person is responsible for stealing freedoms and liberties. This man is responsible for the World hating America more and more.

This man is despicable and should never have the honor of being called a man.

A true man stands for his family, Country and fellow human beings. This Prez is not a man. He is disgusting.

Peace

Please, its not as if he has any real power anyway. I personally don't believe any president has had complete presidential power for a long time. It sounds like you don't like him because hes black. Lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

You speak as if you understand the situation so well....Yet you're from Ireland. We have people from all over the world applying for citizenship legally. Yet, only Mexicans have a problem with the process towards citizenship.

We have an open immigration policy since the start of this country as long as you do it legally. Not to mention Mexico is a cess pool for crime lords. Of course we want everyone entering this country to be documented

But Americans who want Immigration reform are raciest. PLEASEEEE

link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

But you are still not placing the blame where it belongs. It belongs on the government, which IS largely stupid and heartless. Don't you see??!!

Why would a person who has suffered so much and finds a way to live a better life not take advantage of the opportunity? Blame the companies that are hiring them, not them for being here trying to survive.

They seemed like nice people because they probably ARE nice people who were getting the shaft at home, and now have learned how to work the system so they can survive. Their mindset was CREATED by abject poverty, want, need, and oppression.

If we remove the obstacles to having enough and being safe and cared for in their homelands, people won't WANT to leave their homelands.

Starred. You articulated my exact view on this and I'm glad someone else shares it.

link   

oh boo hoo and grow up while you're at it

ppl have been torturing and killing each other since time began, what's new ?

yes, i should have taken French instead, it would have been much more productive overall.

i live in a sanctuary city (do you even know what that is?) ... i hear their 'stories' constantly, whether asked or not

guess what ? we all have 'stories' of our own.
however, most of us worked within the "laws" of our country to obtain a resolve, we didn't go trashing the neighbors place just because our house sucks.

pitch in ???
why don't you make up your dang mind already ??
one minute we're the buttinskis of the world and the next minute you want us to FIX it for them ??? get real.

what 'dialogue' ????
been there, done that, it didn't help one iota ... why should we repeat actions that have already proven to be failures ???
insane much ??

who said 'silent treatment' ???
i do no such thing ... however, i speak English in America ... they can too or they can choose not to, either way, it isn't my problem.
nice of you to shuffle the responsibility to someone other than the trouble-makers

i would guess that to achieve this ...

Let's be arrogant, monolingual jackasses and not try one iota to be constructive
perhaps following your lead would be a good place to start ?

who says anything about 'hate' ??
i'd just prefer they go about filling their 'needs' legally, wouldn't you ?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Okay, then, we are in agreement there.
You said "we can't possibly save them all." And it's true that we can't absorb them all in America. But collectively we COULD work to save them all by changing the system and upending the global oppression, exploitation, profit-seeking criminals who are in charge and ALSO working the system with NO CONCERN for human rights or the well-being of others.

I'm as frustrated as you are, believe me. I will go to my grave believing that there are enough resources and enough technology that EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this planet should have enough. I see it as our job as a species to make that happen. No matter what.

What we're doing now is certainly not working for anyone except business interests and the rich and corrupt.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

for someone who claims to 'not understand' it ...

I simply do not understand and never will understand the blanket hatred and willful ignorance of some people.
your posts allude to a near perfect application ... been practicing eh ??

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Assuming the populace is still fearful and divided then yes, eliminating borders would hand the controllers the globe as you say. The idea however, is to be united and empowered, not as a governing body, but as free, independent human beings. Their control becomes irrelevant if the masses unite against the elite and the pyramid analogy is a perfect example of what I mean.
edit on 14-4-2013 by InfinitePerspective because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Ah, but we DO place the blame on the government and where has that gotten us so far? However, we cannot hold the illegals blameless. They know right from wrong. Many have had many years to become legal, could afford to become legal and chose not to. They are just using America. Many have been here for years, saved their money and returned or are planning to return to their own Countries.

It would be lovely if countries took care of their own but we all know that isn't going to happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

you're confused.

I appreciate that you may have suffered, but it's NOT the fault of the immigrants. IT IS THE FAULT OF THE GOVERNMENTS. Period. End of story.
Their government does not cross the border and kill US citizens, the 'illegal immigrants' do.

empathy does not put food in the mouths of either.
empathy does nothing to help their homeland.
empathy is an EMOTION, not an answer.

the world wants Americans to mind their own business ... why don't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join