It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Title says: "Obama Will Let Me Go" ...So says a captured Illegal Alien

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If you cross the Mexican borders illegally you will jailed for two years. A Mexican jail (unless you are some major Cartel member or so I have read) is not a place anyone would want to spend time...Actually countries of the world protect their borders and use draconian rules and laws to enforce said borders. The protection of a border is pretty high on most countries priorities. Do a Google search and see what happens for illegal entry in places like China or Venezuela..... just about any country of the world respects and maintains it borders and will even go to war over what the perceive to be a line on a map...but most know this already.

Our immigration laws need to be streamlined; even a visa can take up to 8 months for a foreign national spouse once all the onerous paperwork and money is mailed in to the government "LOCK BOX"... their name not mine.

Things really changed after 911 becoming more onerous with longer wait periods.... except it would appear our southern borders are still very porous and the rules and laws that are in effect now are not working according to the agents that actually work the border..

14 year waits for someone who already has relatives in the states will cause otherwise lawful people to cross regardless of some law especially if there is little or no penalty for doing so..

In my experience with the few friends who brought relatives to the states from Mexico the time was around two years (I think?).... there are many little shops that do the paperwork and file for those who do not speak English or know where to start.... sorry I have forgotten how much money it cost?

edit on 14-4-2013 by 727Sky because: see

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
If you accept open borders, you accept the murderers, pedophiles, rapists, thieves, carriers of disease etc.. How very foolish. We have borders and laws for our protection.

Illegals are all criminals. They come here and disregard our laws, steal identities, use fraudulent documents, get jobs and benefits through deciet. We have people who come here with great respect for our country, laws and language. No illegal should get to pick and choose which laws to follow and shove their way to the head of the line.

I dont know id this is being sarcastic or not but im going to reply to it as its not.
So come on lets face it, its not like any country in the world doesnt already have them type of people within their borders? are you really living in that much of a shell that you cant see this??.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

do you ever research your comments before making them ?

Ron Paul was extremely weak in his views on illegal immigration. Remember that hes a libertarian at heart and that group mostly advocates for complete open borders
extremely weak, eh ?

well he sure published otherwise, perhaps you were watching the wrong hand at the time ?
www.ronpaul.com...

Ron Paul’s six point plan puts a stop to illegal immigration:

in other words, Ron Paul is all for ending illegal immigration as are most of the lawful inhabitants of this country.

the requests of the captured are not only a testament to Obama's horrific ability to lead but also witness to his unending rhetoric.
the sooner Obama is removed, the sooner we can resolve the real problems this country endures.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yeah let's just blame the people instead of blaming our politicians and the corporations, businesses, and loopholes that have been put in place in order to make it easy for undocumented people to get work here.

You know, growing up here in Texas I'm pretty sure I've come across "illegals". Hell I bet the guy that mows my grandfather's lawn every month is one
he's one hard working mofo though. Always shows up on time and does a good job. Did he break the law by coming into the country without documents? Absolutely! Would I have done the same thing if I lived in Mexico with my family starving? No question about it!

My ancestors came to this country back in the early 1900's, looking opportunity to make something out of themselves and to give their families a better life. Honestly I would feel like the biggest hypocrite in the world if I called someone a criminal for chasing the same dreams that my forefathers chased more than a hundred years ago.

The "illegals" coming in through the Southern border might not be getting in line or passing background checks. But honestly neither did the immigrants that came through Ellis Island.
But I'm sure some stuck up hypocrite is going to consider a simple physical exam a "thorough and complete" background check. :p

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcdgray129

Originally posted by Night Star
If you accept open borders, you accept the murderers, pedophiles, rapists, thieves, carriers of disease etc.. How very foolish. We have borders and laws for our protection.

Illegals are all criminals. They come here and disregard our laws, steal identities, use fraudulent documents, get jobs and benefits through deciet. We have people who come here with great respect for our country, laws and language. No illegal should get to pick and choose which laws to follow and shove their way to the head of the line.

I dont know id this is being sarcastic or not but im going to reply to it as its not.
So come on lets face it, its not like any country in the world doesnt already have them type of people within their borders? are you really living in that much of a shell that you cant see this??.

It doesn't make it right or fair does it? How do you think the families feel who have lost loved ones because of an illegal simply because our laws were not enforced? How do you think the man or woman who were completely qualified for a job felt when they were turned away and an illegal was hired instead barely speaking a word of english? This I have seen with my own eyes.

Why is it that with the increase of spanish speaking illegals, citizens are now required to speak spanish in order to get a job that has nothing to do with international business in many areas? We even dial one for english for important phone calls. Legal immigrants learn the english language. Why cater to foreigners and place them above citizens and above the people coming here through the proper channels? It's like a slap in the face. Surely you can understand why so many people are resentful and frustrated.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

ya know, living through the 80s amnesty, angst over illegals took a long time to develop.
however, when our government changed the default language to Espanol, (dial 1 for English) that's when i began to boil over the situation

... they came here, we didn't go there.

learn the ways, the language and the laws.
respect all of the above and enjoy being welcomed.
anything less and deportation should be the least of their concerns

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Yeah let's just blame the people instead of blaming our politicians and the corporations, businesses, and loopholes that have been put in place in order to make it easy for undocumented people to get work here.

You know, growing up here in Texas I'm pretty sure I've come across "illegals". Hell I bet the guy that mows my grandfather's lawn every month is one
he's one hard working mofo though. Always shows up on time and does a good job. Did he break the law by coming into the country without documents? Absolutely! Would I have done the same thing if I lived in Mexico with my family starving? No question about it!

My ancestors came to this country back in the early 1900's, looking opportunity to make something out of themselves and to give their families a better life. Honestly I would feel like the biggest hypocrite in the world if I called someone a criminal for chasing the same dreams that my forefathers chased more than a hundred years ago.

The "illegals" coming in through the Southern border might not be getting in line or passing background checks. But honestly neither did the immigrants that came through Ellis Island.
But I'm sure some stuck up hypocrite is going to consider a simple physical exam a "thorough and complete" background check. :p

I have never met a starving illegal ever. Even in the many videos you see, you see normal weight and even overweight folks. Not saying their lives are easy but had to point that out. Our poor and starving people can't afford to leave their own backyards, never mind cross into another country illegally.

We DO blame the politicians and businesses however, the illegals are not completely blameless either. They know they are breaking the law to get here and many have no desire whatsoever of ever becoming legal. The illegals I knew said they get a lot more by staying illegal. Husbands will work under the table and wives have a regular job, lie and say they are a one income household. They get food stamps, cheap housing etc. All the while their combined income is well over the poverty limit. I have heard enough of their stories from their own mouths. Very decietful. And here we have citizens struggling to survive while the illegal gets the jobs.

I'm sorry, but we can't solve the worlds problems or we would. We have laws for a good reason. We can't just pick and choose which ones to follow.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

ya know, living through the 80s amnesty, angst over illegals took a long time to develop.
however, when our government changed the default language to Espanol, (dial 1 for English) that's when i began to boil over the situation

... they came here, we didn't go there.

learn the ways, the language and the laws.
respect all of the above and enjoy being welcomed.
anything less and deportation should be the least of their concerns

Yeah the language thing is a pet peeve of mine. All other cultures that have immigrated here learned english. With hundreds of languages spoken here, english is the one language that ties us all together. Never before have we been forced to speak any other foriegn language in order to get hired for a job that has nothing to do with having to be bilingual. I once asked a company why they required spanish and they said it's because most of their employees spoke it.
So they force english speaking American citizens to speak a foreign language in our own country because most of their employees didn't have the common decency to learn the language of their new home?

I would never ever move to another country and demand that they learn my language. How rude and arrogant!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

well i confess, way back when we had a choice, i chose to learn Spanish over French

although, i simply refuse to speak it now, even though the 'job' requires it.

my two favorite phrases include ... 'No se' and 'No comprende' ... if they want to know, they'll learn or they'll speak the language to the best of their ability and that can be improved

in a sanctuary city, i don't have many options but those i do, i exercise at every opportunity.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your post is not even worth giving a real reply to as its clear you made up your mind, "all illegals are criminals" please dont even tell me this is not what you think as its clear from your post it is.....

This post made me laugh, of course " all ILLEGALS are criminals" your shocked Wrabbit has his mind made up about that aleady? Priceless.

You can look at this two ways, one from a law standpoint and then consider why the law is in place and how it affects others beside the border jumpers or you can disregard everyone else, their rights and the law and take a greenpeace, everything is love and harmony view.

Which one lends itself to a rational conversation about the issue?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
My friends, we are all human beings and no matter which part of the earth we originate from it's whole belongs to us all.

This issue is simply one of the many deployed "divide and conquer" tactics in order to further distance each other so that we may not unite as one against the elite controllers that have enslaved us for thousands of years.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by InfinitePerspective

Well, that would be one way to see it. Suggesting that international borders are just a continuation of the world elite and so...we should do away with them. I'm reading your meaning correctly, aren't I?

Another way to see it would be that right now, those few 'elite' must control or influence the leadership of over 200 nations and divisions around the world. Each with it's own unique people, culture to varying degrees and priorities for how their own area is best served.

By eliminating all that and being one big world...wouldn't that make control of the planet by the elite so very much easier? After all, they then only need to control a single governing body ..not over 200. I kinda like it how it is now, personally. Let them work their butt off for it. Why hand them the whole globe like a gift?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

First and foremost,nothing in life is free....if land is free why have so many people lost their lives for it in wars?If we would have just told everyone in the world, "hey!"come on our food and fuel are free! as well as our land!?...totally ridiculous!People in this country and land have died fighting for it!If lands so free how come our government taxes you on it....and you never in truth, own it.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

In short....wake up ,your living in a dream world!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Just becos you went to America legeally doesnt mean everyone has that option,

why would you want to turn anyone one away?.

1 - Coming here legally should be the ONLY option. A wide open border is just begging for infiltration and makes it easy for the enemies of this country to come in and cause problems.

2 - You are displaying a severe lack of understanding of basic economics. A country can only absorb just so many new immigrants at a time before it is overloaded and those immigrants become a ball and chain on the country and the economy. Take an economics course at college.

3 - Why would we turn someone away? Oh .. gee .. I dunno .. maybe because this country can't economically handle having tens of millions of illegals pour into it ... and maybe because a whole lot of the illegals coming here are NOT 'cute little family unit's looking for work' but instead are drug cartel members and murderers and rapists who have been released from the Mexican prisons and given maps on how to get inside the USA ...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well my friend i dont give a # for your president an i didnt vote for him since im not from th USA, so if you guys think he sucks so bad why did ye help him come into power again?.

1 - He bought the vote with entitlements and a MSM that lied for him.
2 - The other big choice - Romney - wasn't much better.

The should not be anything that can stop one person from moving from one place to another, .

You'd be a termite. Infesting and destroying a country and then moving on to greener pastures. With wide open borders like that, America would be destroyed within a few years. Economically .. no country can handle that. Security wise .. it would be suicide.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

The only way to stop it is to make it worse for them than the place they are leaving.

I can't believe you just said this.

Do you know how it already IS in the places they are leaving? It's horrible. You couldn't possibly make things any worse for them. Why do you think they'd flee their own country and leave their families and everything they know behind??? Risk their lives,and the lives of their children to get here? If you were sitting across from me I would slam my fist down on the table and start yelling.

Your thinking is evil. Atrociously inhumane. WHAT the Hell is WRONG with you all?!!!

God you immigrant-haters are so ignorant about the conditions south of the border. I have worked alongside and with people from all over central America, and their stories are horrific and heartbreaking.

to all you 'patriotic' ignoramuses. You should have to go live in the conditions they fled for a while. See how desperate they are.

Have a look at this article about the ongoing trial in Guatemala against the dictator who wiped out the Ixil Mayans there. Read through the article and pay attention to what was done to women, children, men...all innocents.
edition.cnn.com...
Their hearts cut out. Tied to their homes which were then torched. Stabbed to death in the throat. Shot, mutilated, etc. Young girls raped until they could neither stand nor pass urine.

And for the first time "anywhere in the world," according to the United Nations, a former head of state is being tried for genocide by his own nation's justice system. That man is Efrain Rios Montt, an ex-military dictator who ruled Guatemala from 1982 to 1983....
The trial reignites debate over the United States' controversial pro-government policies in the region during the 1980s. It also offers a fascinating look in real time at how a nation is choosing to face its own demons. Painful public testimony could help heal the national betrayal reflected in the faces of many Mayan victims.

I have worked with people who came here from Guatemala; they are respectful, humble, harder-working than any American I have ever known. So get off your territorial horses and do something.

THE ONLY WAY TO STOP IT IS TO MAKE THE PLACE THEY ARE LEAVING LESS AWFUL!!

*screaming in frustration*

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

why would you want to turn anyone one away?

Why would anyone ever want to come here?

I mean, reading all these posts.... We really suck here in America! Right???

What the heck do all these people from other countries want to come here for?

We are awful, stuck up, racist, rednecks, gun-toting, evil, warmongers....

Good gravy, I would have trouble listing all the things that are just PLAIN OLD WRONG WITH US AMERICANS.

Seriously, I have sat on a Federal grand jury that investigated the scum that cheat the illegal immigrants out of thousands of dollars to bring them across the borders. They bring them into what is basically slavery.

And still the people want to come here....

We must not be all that bad, right?
edit on 14-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join