It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Title says: "Obama Will Let Me Go" ...So says a captured Illegal Alien

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I'm almost 55 and I'm afraid I no longer have that bright outlook of things possibly turning out the way they should. They never have.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

the blanket hatred and willful ignorance of some people.

Hatred and ignorance is no different than illegal immigration in that they will all be here till the end of times. I hold no grudge against these people because I know I would do the same thing if I were in their shoes. But more than that, I know it is the governments that are to blame for the problems. Illegals are merely the scrapegoats so that people won't get irate with their politicians.

I get tired of hearing all this crap about English only, when in reality it is a business decision as to who they desire to cater to. All this junk about illegals ripping off our healthcare and welfare benefits. Why is it only bad when illegals do it? Guess 40 million uninsured Americans just stay sick and at home.

And as far as committing crimes, well, personally I don't care if they are illegals or not. They should be punished period. I seem to recall that on 9/11 a lot of innocent people were murdered yet I never hear anyone crying about how those murderers were here legally. Guess it is ok if immigrants murder somebody because they came here legally.

Some people really need to wake up and realize they are being played. Read up on US policy toward Latin America (and many other countries) and throw in the failed War on Drugs and you might start to understand why many choose to come to the land of opportunity.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yes, I do know what a sanctuary city is - I live in one; and I've watched this city BECOME a sanctuary. I am all grown up - I'm 54 years old with an advanced education and decades of exposure to what is going on. Don't talk down to me.

Your attitude is toxic and counterproductive. "Do you even know what that means?" Being ugly to others doesn't help, it just points out how ugly a person is.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Agreed. Star, and thank you for replying. I hope you read the rest of my posts...that's what I've been talking about. Who is really to blame? It's not the people who are suffering.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Night Star

Okay, then, we are in agreement there.
You said "we can't possibly save them all." And it's true that we can't absorb them all in America. But collectively we COULD work to save them all by changing the system and upending the global oppression, exploitation, profit-seeking criminals who are in charge and ALSO working the system with NO CONCERN for human rights or the well-being of others.

I'm as frustrated as you are, believe me. I will go to my grave believing that there are enough resources and enough technology that EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this planet should have enough. I see it as our job as a species to make that happen. No matter what.

What we're doing now is certainly not working for anyone except business interests and the rich and corrupt.

then why aren't you IN Guatemala or Mexico or Havana or Honduras or any other such place DOING something about it ??

oh, but you're here whining at everyone else
... yep, that'll get the job done

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

Yes, I do know what a sanctuary city is - I live in one; and I've watched this city BECOME a sanctuary. I am all grown up - I'm 54 years old with an advanced education and decades of exposure to what is going on. Don't talk down to me.

Your attitude is toxic and counterproductive. "Do you even know what that means?" Being ugly to others doesn't help, it just points out how ugly a person is.
if any of the above is true then you should understand and accept that you get what you give.

don't like what you're getting ?
try giving what you expect to receive.
and that's one lesson the illegals have no intention of learning, get it ???

ps ... since the illegals (especially those in sanctuary cities) expect to get away with breaking the law, why shouldn't everyone else ???
edit on 14-4-2013 by Honor93 because: add ps

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcdgray129
This is bull# cos i wouldnt even give you a flag or a star for this.
Just becos you went to America legeally doesnt mean everyone has that option, who knows what reasons half of them people that needs to go to the usa needs to go for? really all land should be free anyways the should be no borders blocking people from moving if they want to move. You just seem like a very stuck up person to me who has a stick up their ass.

you clearly don't get it because your from Ireland and not the USA. While I understand your logic but you fail to understand what is actually happening in boarder states in america. Some of the people are looking for a better life yes thats true but its not all peaches and cream pipe dreams for some that come here. A: our prisons are filling to the brim with Mexican national gang members which cost us billions #2 defraud of our benefit systems cost into the billions not to mention educations cost for English is a second language classes also billions. Identity theft is out of control due to the large number of people here illegally. Now there are people like the OP who see this and it effects them negatively because they are of the same nationality and it shouldn't. It also shouldn't effect the illegal aliens who don't abuse the system and just need a better life but again that isnt everybody who crosses the boarder

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Night Star, I'll be turning 55 this autumn also. But if we give up hope and just lie down and take it, we lose, and all the people suffering all over the world lose, too. We fail.

Stand up and fight until you can no longer do so. If EVERYONE were on board, it really COULD happen. The movie Braveheart is an example of a real-life person who kept hope alive and instilled courage into a shattered and abused people - and there are countless other examples.

MLK, Jr.: "We begin to die the day that we remain silent about things that matter." Truer words have never been spoken.
Ghandi.
The Dalai Lama.
Dozens of writers, scholars and others HAVE made a difference - some imprisoned, some executed, some horribly tortured. It's a long, drawn out process, but I am seeing change. For example, the new Pope. He seems to be a person who has reached a place of authority that you and I never will, for sure. Will he walk his talk? We can hope.

I am by nature an optimist and problem-solver. Try not to be resentful and please hold onto your hope! We can still make a difference. We are mature adults, and if we can educate the youth of today (my kids are in their early 20s), THEY can make more of a difference than we've managed......

but we have to pass on the torch! We MUST speak up while we can. We can't just sit back and cry. Then the guilty parties win. Do you see? That is why I will never shut up about these things. They are critical to our species and the planet.

We must never give up. Never remain silent.
Do I get tired and feel hopeless and frustrated and angry sometimes? You bet! But I can't just turn off the switch to what's right and what's not. Thank you for explaining you point of view further. I appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

then why aren't you IN Guatemala or Mexico or Havana or Honduras or any other such place DOING something about it ??

I worked with them after they got here. I have children and was raising a family. I would gladly have gone to those places, and just recently looked into joining the Peace Corps, as a matter of fact. So stop telling me my life. You don't know me or anything about my circumstances.

And you don't know how to have a civil discussion either. Which again, points to your character.
I'm a retired social worker, and I've helped more people can I can count over many years. What are YOU doing about it except refusing to speak their language and attacking me and others who are trying to get to the roots of the thing?

Who's the failure here? Not me. And I'm not whining. I'm working. There are lots of ways to make a difference, and this happens to be my venue of choice at the moment. Deal with it.

If you see something wrong going on, and you do nothing to stop it or point it out, YOU become part of the problem. Get it? Think about it sometime when you don't have anyone around to be ugly to.
edit on 14-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The movie Braveheart is an example of a real-life person who kept hope alive and instilled courage into a shattered and abused people
ah yes ... William Wallace, he who was drawn and quartered for his efforts -- yep, that's the example we should follow
-- ok, you first.

actually there have been and long before MLK.
evil prevails when good men stand by and do/say nothing.
(MLK just re-affirmed a well know truth)

and ppl think the "communist" plot is dead

so, if you're really that old, did you take advantage of the last amnesty and if not, why ?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

ps ... since the illegals (especially those in sanctuary cities) expect to get away with breaking the law, why shouldn't everyone else ???

You mean the same as the companies that are hiring them, the Wall Street racketeers and companies that are "too big to fail"? If they expect to to get away with breaking the law, WHY SHOULDN'T EVERYONE ELSE?

Works both ways, see??

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

evil prevails when good men stand by and do/say nothing.

THAT'S WHAT I JUST SAID.
Good grief. I think you must be drunk-posting.

I was born in the USA, and in college during the amnesty! My ancestry is European, and my ancestors came here as refugees from other horrible places like Poland and Scotland and Germany. On my mother's side, my ancestors came with William Penn. Yep! I'm a red-blooded White American Mutt, and if I wanted to, could join the DAR ("do you even know what that is?"
) Daughters of the American Revolution.

So what are you talking about did I take advantage of it? Why didn't I? READ THE ABOVE. I KNOW what the Founding Fathers and William Wallace and even the Puritans were fighting. I KNOW how millions of Germans were removed and forced to "colonize" during the Russian revolution. I'm the product of those people who were forced to flee their homelands and come here!!

Okay, I'm finished with discussing this with you. You seem to be enjoying it a little too much, which makes me think you are trolling AND ugly, mocking me and implying that I'm a liar and a poser. YOU are not a person I want anything more to do with except to point out that your attitude is part of the problem.
edit on 14-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

oh, so you provide aid and comfort to criminals, then cry foul to everyone else ?
aren't you special

i agree, your communication skills could be reasonably compared to those illegals who refuse to learn the language.

character attacks are for trolls, would that include you?
lets just say that my principles and morals prevent me from ever being a 'social worker' ... or a community organizer but feel free to continue aiding and comforting criminals, there is a job for everyone, isn't there ?

you are here (on this site) WHINING ... you have not offered one suggestion of resolve, so what's your plan ?

i'd love to 'deal with it' but all you're offering is complaints ... did you know we have a 'department' for those ? please, direct them there.

If you see something wrong going on, and you do nothing to stop it or point it out, YOU become part of the problem
last i checked, providing aid and comfort to criminals was a 'problem' ... nice to know you're so proud of being a part of it

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

You mean the same as the companies that are hiring them
that's been legal in this state for decades, what's your point ?

i just saw an interview last evening about a Plant City farmer who claims he is suffering a labor shortage and had to forfeit/destroy much of his harvest because Americans won't do the work necessary.

As a local who knows better, the truth is, he isn't willing to hire Americans because they 'cost' too much. gotta love those who want all the benefits and none of the expense

link to story

the Wall Street racketeers and companies that are "too big to fail"?
shame, this thread isn't about them
... however, from your comments, i'd suppose you support the 'what's good for the goose is good for the gander' theory ??

heck, since THEY are breaking the laws, WE should toooooo ... so, would you jump off a bridge equally willingly ??

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I have repeatedly stated that we need to stop the governments from what they are doing all over the world.
You just keep ridiculing me. Your character is what it is, and you've made it very clear all by yourself. What are you, a Wall Streeter? You a banker in the Cayman Islands? A corporate CEO? A charlatan and sociopath lobbyist for big business? WHO again, is "aiding and abbeting criminals"??

Uh, yeah, that would be the governments and policians and other elite thieves, liars and con-men. People supporting war and destroying whole cities and firing radioactive bullets at civilians.

These immigrants are not 'criminals' in any meaningful sense of the word - they are victims.

End of chat with you.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

THAT'S WHAT I JUST SAID
actually it isn't and you claimed MLK said it first.
both of which are incorrect.

don't mind me, i'm just following your winding lead.

yes, the DAR and i are 'close' you might say.

so, you weren't an immigrant, ok ... how was i supposed to know without asking ?
rude much ?

good for you, that was then and this is now.
those refugees, were just that, WELCOMED refugees, not illegal immigrants choosing to exploit their new-found country or its inhabitants ... perhaps you are confusing the issues ??

yeah, i'm 'ugly' as i prefer truth over nonsense rhetoric anyday.
carry on.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

what you deem as ridicule, i perceive as fact.
since our individual perceptions are not the subject of this thread, what does perception matter ?

I have repeatedly stated that we need to stop the governments from what they are doing all over the world.
great in theory, got any real plans to accomplish that or are you just about placing the responsibility on someone else's shoulders ??

what are you doing to eliminate the US govt ??

funny, you keep avoiding my questions, why ?

i'm an American and that's all you should need to know but it isn't, is it ???????

more whine ... would you like some cheese too ??
suggestions would be helpful but that isn't your goal here, is it ?

ps ... i am enjoying the banter while watching a hockey game, is that a problem for you ?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

These immigrants are not 'criminals' in any meaningful sense of the word - they are victims.
so ?? plenty of Americans are victims too, where is your outrage for them ?

plenty of Americans go without food, shelter or water ... why are you so concerned about everyone else ?

and, when an American is 'caught' breaking the laws, why shouldn't they just claim "Obama will let me go" ???

and lastly, why aren't those 'caught' held indefinitely under PA or NDAA provisions ???

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

You do not even live in the US in an area with high illegal population. It is people like you is destroying the US with your liberal ideas. I seen all the crime that illegals caused and the gangs. They hate Americans and are rude and disrespectful. I am Mexican American and I do not want illegals around here. You do not know what you are talking about because you are not living in a crime ridden area with a high population of illegals.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortysixAnd2
reply to post by thePharaoh

So what can be done? What happened to that fence that was supposed to be built?

I was flown down to Texas to talk to the DHS connected fence manufacturer about implementing my sensor technology (capacitive signature analysis, time domain reflectometry, ratiometric analysis, acoustic cable/kinetic sensory systems, etc.) for Mexican border system along with potentially the lethal systems (4-8kva or 4kv-8kv at 1amp) that I developed while overseas for another country's borders. That was during the Dubyah Bush era. As soon as Obama got in, ALL of those kinds of projects were canceled. Apparently Obama wants to get more illegal warm bodies in to vote for the dems.

Dealing with Obama is like trying to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join