It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT NEWS Breaking: N. Korean missile launchpad moved into firing attitude - reports

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
reply to post by Telos

I wondered if it was craziness, if he has very strong allies, he would know they will come to his aid if this all goes. O.o could be a plan... I don't think someone would start taunting a very large person without a plan...

Theres more to all of this N.Korea situation and were not being told it. Where has his wife been I heard nobody has seen her. I wonder if she left him and did that help push him over the edge. Isn't she from Japen originally?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think its BS.
If anything happens its because TPTB want it to happen, they want to get their greedy hands on NK.
Why is it that NK supposably has a media blackout and its almost impossible to get any news from NK.
But any time it has something to do with military, which is something you would assume a government would keep most secretive about, its pasted all over the news...................................?

edit on 11/4/2013 by wycky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

If China is smart, it will let NK collapse.
A unified Korea is good for China.

I think US is acting with caution. This thing will stay contained.

No its not. A unified DPRK would be great for China, not a unified South Korea (which we all know is a puppet regime)- But China doesnt want a war period. But they will support the North (while publicly criticize them) and remain it will remain a proxy war like Vietnam.

China is a BRIC nation- This is all about banking Systems...really. The USA wants this # (not China nor DPRK)- But as more nations sign on to the briCs (even mexico possibly) they essentially are dumping the Dollar and petro-Dollar. We HAVE to war or the USA WILL collapse as a superpower or even a relevant nation. All bets are off, we LOST, the ONLY reason we have anything now is because the World is ON THE DOLLAR (and we print them) The System is falling apart and we are done- BUT, we have lots of Nifty Toys and the most powerful Armed Forces in HISTORY. We either need a show of dominance and intent to use it and keep the Dollar as the standard, or we lose everything.

-This runs deep- This isnt the surface. And most of this is lies and propaganda because the truth is not pretty and the Amerrican people would never go along or accept what it really is all about.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Ri Sol-ju has been seen by his side last month. So she has not left him...The reason we don't see so much of her is because she doesn't hold any official functions, apart from being his wife..
North Korean leaders, in the past, hardly have their wifes join them in photo ops and attending functions. Kim Jung Un is however an exception as Ri Sol-ju often is on photo ops and attending functions with him.

Ri Sol-ju is not Japanese but North Korean.
edit on 11-4-2013 by -Rugged Shark- because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
I think its BS.
If anything happens its because TPTB want it to happen, they want to get their greedy hands on NK.
Why is it that NK supposably has a media blackout and its almost impossible to get any new from NK.
But any time it has something to do with military, which is something you would assume a government would keep most secretive about, its pasted all over the news...................................?

umm because we have satellites? Seriously not that hard to figure out.......

Also he TOLD everyone..........soo yaa.....

Why the hell would TPTB want NK anyway? they dont have any resources or anything else anyone wants.....and we already have South Korea and japan, so really theres not much more strategic advantage......

Some things arent a conspiracy.........sometimes crazy dictators are just crazy dictators

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter if people is Jokeing around the fact is no body will know when or if they will even launch the missile or not. Everybody just needs to take it slow and stop to thank what would really happen if they do decide to strike at us and if they can shoot it down in time before it does happen. All i'm trying to say is to any one and every body is we got to watch out for what is to expect to happen. And when it really does happen then there will be nothing anybody or any one can do about it. I just hope they decide not to strike and i hope and prey to god that they will catch it before id decides to hit us. If it does happen then the whole entire world will turn upside down and all things will be all sorts of crazy and people going nuts. And it got me just thinking and wondering to keep a look out in the sky in the day and in the nigth. This is so freaking real it's not even funny.
And i just hope they catch it and try to shoot it down .

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Errr NK does have alot of gold and mineral deposits...

There are many kinds of minerals in North Korea, including magnesite, zinc, iron, tungsten ore, graphite, anthracite coal, gold, barite, apatite, and molybdenite. These mineral resources can be found in most areas of North Korea, but especially in the provinces of Hamgyeong-do and Jagang-do. North Korea is exceptionally rich in magnesite, with total magnesite resources reported at 6 billion tons in 2009. These are the second highest magnesite reserves in world.

Source

What do you think they have been exporting to China? Food?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

If China wants US to exit Korea, re-unification is the best deal.

I agree that unified Korea will not be communist. "Communism" is no longer a significant issue. We are back to "nationalism".

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

China is a BRIC nation- This is all about banking Systems...really. The USA wants this # (not China nor DPRK)- But as more nations sign on to the briCs (even mexico possibly) they essentially are dumping the Dollar and petro-Dollar
Funny how you left out SA from BRICS. So then it will not be BRIC(S) anymore if mexico, egypt, syria all inquired to join the BRIC(S)?
What do you think the aim of EURO is/was ? Do you seriously think the BRIC(S) or BRICSMSEDHWEOGEWLG that may become eventually will not face the same issues as EURO? Just a general thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
I think its BS.
Why is it that NK supposably has a media blackout and its almost impossible to get any news from NK.

edit on 11/4/2013 by wycky because: (no reason given)

This all just a PR Job orchestrated by Dennis Rodman / Kim Jong-Un / Obama.

Focus on NK and ignore other events occurring around the world.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

If China wants US to exit Korea, re-unification is the best deal.

I agree that unified Korea will not be communist. "Communism" is no longer a significant issue. We are back to "nationalism".

Sure, China isnt even really communist anymore and we are not really capitalist anymore, LOL- But this about banking systems.
-This is BRIC vs Bretonwoods... WE want the war. And we want it with China. NK is a buffer and China thinks in future terms (not in next election cycle terms) and KNOWS a war is coming . Russia will back China if need be. The US would prefer a proxy War, but that will really be up to China (which may say "# it"-)

The Dollar is maybe a year or two away from being done (probably much sooner) and Nations including MEXICO (for God's sake) are going to the BRIC nations. The US has only the option of War left. And it has to be such that we exert a show of dominance and slow the descent of dollar dumping....And we will go all the way to WW# if we have to.

-ALL the recent nations we invaded or overthrew (including Libya) was going Gold Dinar- The big BRIC meeting happened last month (I think, maybe a couple weeks ago) and they are clearly gong to be dominant as the World Currency, giving THEM the power we have had (printing money) and thus speeding our downward spiral- So yes. NK is important . And we WILL attack them (probably not now though- I give it a year)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by babygurl2013

There is no need to worry about it unless you are in Korea.
I think this conflict will impact Korea only.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

China is a BRIC nation- This is all about banking Systems...really. The USA wants this # (not China nor DPRK)- But as more nations sign on to the briCs (even mexico possibly) they essentially are dumping the Dollar and petro-Dollar
Funny how you left out SA from BRICS. So then it will not be BRIC(S) anymore if mexico, egypt, syria all inquired to join the BRIC(S)?
What do you think the aim of EURO is/was ? Do you seriously think the BRIC(S) or BRICSMSEDHWEOGEWLG that may become eventually will not face the same issues as EURO? Just a general thought.

LOL- TY. And No. The Bric(s) lol will not face anything like the euro (for now or the near future) if they become the Worlds Reserve currency used for oil. The Euro was destined to fail (not by some conspiracy either) as was the fiat dollar (and I am not a gold or silver guy)-

-This s a banking war that has to happen so that we (the West) retain dominance or quickly fade.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
North Koreas president is like an ape in a jungle beating his chest.
I really feel he should take a gentler approach to making his " mark" on the international map.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Why did the chicken cross the road?

To escape the North Korean long range missiles!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Reuters live stream is back up. They are at the G8 talking about....surprise, surprise..North Korea.

Reuters Stream

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If something was going to happen it would have by now,i'm completely withdrawing from the idea that armed conflict will take place.This has just been an epic tantrum on the part of the NK govt
sleep well ATSers

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't think the US would directly shoot it down. If it goes over SK airspace, SK will shoot it down. If it goes over Japanese airspace, the Japanese will shoot it down. I don't think it's a question of which phase it is in, but more about whose airspace it's in which will determine a shot. If nobody's, then they'll likely let it splash down in the ocean, unless near a US ship.

I don't know why...but logic is screaming at me that he won't even launch, but my gut is telling me he is itching to do it...weird. If so, he likely means to just use it for more rhetoric. He doesn't seem to have the forces in place for the kind of blitzkrieg invasion of SK he'd have to do, so that isn't the gameplan. So, even if he launches the test, it is still going to be saber rattling....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
North Korea warns it has 'powerful striking means' on standby

PYONGYANG, North Korea -- A North Korean agency that deals with relations with South Korea claims Pyongyang has "powerful striking means" on standby for a launch amid speculation in Seoul and Washington that the country is preparing to test a mid-range missile. Read more: www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

They make good points with him trying to prove himself. Of the very few reports of him as a child he is reported to have been in a boarding school at 10/11 and very shy/quiet; nicest person ever.
However, I cant equate someone using violence to offset insecurities as sane. I think of the unibomber and sandy hook as two off the top of my head. Both were shy and quiet as children. I was too but don't feel a need to feel like an important part of the world by gaining attention through force. What he needs is a saving face out and then some coaching on how to truly be powerful and respected (feed your people, free them to come and go, become a part of the world...you will reign forever sort of stuff). We cannot just assume he is trying to prove himself and that's it. He has much deeper insecurities at play coupled with poor role models. Not his fault but he is an adult now and can choose to change.

www.thesun.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join