It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT NEWS Breaking: N. Korean missile launchpad moved into firing attitude - reports

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983
I don't see the point of them launching a missile into the ocean. They ought to at least try to hit something with it.

They do. It just ends up in the Ocean most of the time. Sometimes, it doesn't even make it that far.

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You can tell this is a North Korean news site www.kcna.co.jp... Where is it actually coming from?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I have one question and if anyone knows the answer to this, can you pleas reply to it.
So...if the missiles are fully fuelled, and are on their launch pads, does that mean they are ready to deployed? I mean, does it signal that they will fire them for sure or can the fuelled missiles go back to stand by again?

Thanks

HM

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Threads like this are what Kim wants- attention.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

The liquid fuel can stay in the missiles for 2-3 weeks before use.

However it may not be easy to move fueled missiles. It can affect structural integrity.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic

I'm sure he's spending all of his waking moments on ATS, reading them.....

I like the fact we have the freedom to discuss important issues, including N. Korea. I learn a lot of information I didn't know from....threads like this..

Des

edit on 11-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Thanks for the reply

Is it possible to empty the fuel tanks on already fuelled missiles?
edit on 11-4-2013 by Hithe Merinos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It was seem that the NK's current shenanigans is being caused by a fairly long running internal power struggle.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hmm what I can't work out is with Kim's hype about wiping the US off the map if nothing happens how does that favour Kim and what will he look like through the NK people's eyes. If he doesn't carry out his threats he will look weak. Imagine two boxers attending pre fight interviews, the big bag boxer runs his mouth off saying he wil flatten his opponent and when it comes to fight night he doesn't show up .. In the eyes of that boxers fans he is going to look like a wimp. I don't understand NK mentality with these threats if they don't carry them out

Sorry if that sounds confusing I hope you catch my drift

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The North Korean media is so controlled what probably happens is they report on Kim rattling his saber at the big bad US, and then a few days later they probably report on how the terrified Americans have run screaming from godlike Kim, and given it to all of his demands, glory to the leader.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Yeah or using another clip from COD to show we blew this up etc, or using footage from 9/11 but using a cutout of a nth korean rocket over the top of the plane crashing into it and saying it was a success hahaha

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983
I don't see the point of them launching a missile into the ocean. They ought to at least try to hit something with it.

The only way to actually test a missile is to launch it. Personally, I think this is a singularly bad time for North Korea to even think about such a test, but that's another story.

As for "why launch it into the ocean?", find one spot other than open ocean where a North Korea launched missile could impact and not start a "Major Diplomatic Incident" (tm).

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

Yes. Liquid fuel can be removed from missiles. However liquid fuel is corrosive and the leftovers may damage the missile.

There are serious limitations to the type of missiles NKorea has. It will most likely fire the missile if fueled.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HigherLearningSociety
Test or no test- this launch will start the war- as everyone is ordered to shoot it down- no matter what it is,

Is there any confirmation of that? I haven't seen any reports of a plan to shoot anything down, and that might actually be considered a provocative act in itself.

As far as I am aware, the UN has stated that a test firing is against sanctions, but that doesn't mean any nation has a plan to shoot it down.

Having said that, I think someone should shoot it down. I would support that move. This is a nation which has repeatedly threatened its neighbours with military attack, and in any sane world anything they fire from their territory for any reason which could be deemed a threat to neighbours should be shot down within moments.

I have no problem with a nation testing weaponry in peace time, with good communication with neighbours, but that's not what we have here. We have a rogue nation working on a nuclear weapon, and one that is incredibly unstable, and one that has directly threatened to attack others with nuclear weapons before they even have them.

In my opinion, that gives the international community the right to shoot down anything and everything they throw in the air at any time.

I also don't think it would "start a war". We would need China on our side, and I don't believe they would agree to an attack on NK unless there was no other choice and they deemed it to be absolutely necessary. China has been expressing exasperation with their neighbours in recent months, as has Russia, but China cannot afford to be fighting off hundreds of thousands of NK refugees at its border.

I think we'll see NK launch a rocket, it will either fail or just go on it's way without incident. The UN and all nations will condemn the launch. We might then see another launch in defiance, and that would probably then be shot down. NK will focus on that "achievement" by praising it on their national media, in celebration of their dear leader, and then we'll all go back to talking about having talks and giving them aid... rinse and repeat for 2014.

The question is, are we willing to just let them carry on until they DO manage to fit a nuke on one of those rockets? If this isn't resolved now, and if we do just go back to talking about aid in exchange for peace, will we wake up in 2014 to the same threats and warnings, but this time see them aiming a nuclear armed missile at Japan?

I'm anti-war, but I would much prefer to see them taking out Kimmy and his regime now, than have to deal with it next year or the year after when their weapons capability really is nuclear.
This isn't just a mouthy little leader we're dealing with here. This is an unstable regime, both politically and mentally.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Thank you very much!

This was the information i wanted to know. If the missiles are fuelled, then there is 90% chance they will fire them at some point.

cheers,

HM

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic

you mean this kind of attention?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
That missile could have a payload of a little fat man in the nose cone . I'm sure some old General has it in for that little snot nosed spoiled fat body idiot thinking he is some body .

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hi i'm new here and i have been reading what every body has been saying about N.Korean missile being launched. And I don't quite understand If they say they are going to be launching it haven't they already done it. And why would they launch it in the first place and for what reason are they going to launch it weather it's a test or not.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Almost feel sorry for NK. Almost. The Leaders must know it's a suicidal decision. The poor factory workers are living in a complete fantasy world, growing up on a strictly controlled and orchestrated propaganda campaign. They don't have a clue of the terrible destruction that could rain down on them. I just hope that the West focuses the attack on the government and not the people. Then once the "head" is removed, the world and SK can begin re educating the people of NK about what's really going on in the world and show them that's its possible to eat three times a day.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by babygurl2013

The news reports indicate preparations for launching missiles.

North Korea has tested missiles before. However this time is different in view of their "declaration of war" or whatever propaganda they are engaging in.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join