It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
I think it is well known that God does not support a church who murders.

Gee, and here all this time, I thought it was the people in the church who were doing bad things, just like people outside the church do bad things, just like people in the Protestant church do bad things, just like people in the Apostolic Oneness church do bad things (I guess that, since Gary Reckart hates David K. Bernard so much, that means your church hates David K. Bernard, huh?)

I never realized that a church was an entity that could kill people.

And, again, you're not God's spokesperson.

edit on 30-4-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Gee, and here all this time, we thought it was the people in the church who were doing bad things, just like people outside the church do bad things, just like people in the Protestant church do bad things, just like people in the Apostolic Oneness church do bad things (I guess that, since Gary Reckart hates David K. Bernard so much, that means your church hates David K. Bernard, huh?)

The difference is that the Catholic Church has a long history of murders. It is not just a person here or there.

Also, you should not use God's name in vain.
edit on 30-4-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Aw, you and your magic spells and incantations again, lol.

Explain again how Jeremiah spelled his own name wrong, because there's a moon god in it or something?

Probably along the lines of this silliness:

Now it finally comes out. He did this to oppose the word Hallelu-Yah thus admitting to change it to Hallelu-Yeh. Now he believes that Hallelu means Lucifer?

That would mean (according to his new interpretation) Pastor Reckart taught people to say Hallelu-Yeh (Lucifer Yeh). I would love to see Pastor Reckart address that. I would like to see himself correct that. Pastor Reckart also taught people to say Hallelu-Jesus, which would mean (according to his new interpretation) he taught people to say "Lucifer Jesus." (Source)

Sunday worship must be a real hoot at this place, where words and syllables are deemed holy and/or evil, and changed at the whim of the leader. I hope people are given a program to deal with the ever changing doctrines.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

If you want to be offensive to God, go ahead, but If I was you, I would choose the path of humbleness and repentance.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Gee, and here all this time, we thought it was the people in the church who were doing bad things, just like people outside the church do bad things, just like people in the Protestant church do bad things, just like people in the Apostolic Oneness church do bad things (I guess that, since Gary Reckart hates David K. Bernard so much, that means your church hates David K. Bernard, huh?)

The difference is that the Catholic Church has a long history of murders. It is not just a person here or there.

edit on 30-4-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

Two things, Protestant ministers convert to the faith because they finally realize they have no authority AND they read the beliefs of the Early Church Fathers.

You understand because you just said "long history" so do as they have done, read their quotes, some of these men knew the Apostles. The teachings of the Church have not changed.

All men are sinners, so what, it is not the faith, Our Lord's teachings passed down. Remember Judas spent three years with our Savior. Everyone is aware of history, there are murderers in all areas of humanity.

Your one sentence objection does not fly. How about the charity of Roman Catholicism these last 2000 years?

God bless you truejew,

colbe

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

When I said long history I was speaking of 1700 - 1800 years. The true Church has around 2000 years of history.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

The true Church has around 2000 years of history.

No your church doesn't. Part of your heresy was refuted in the Third Century when Sabellius was your main man and, apart from isolated recurrences here and there through the centuries, which isn't surprising, and it didn't emerge as an actual church until the early 1900s when some guy at a campground had a "personal revelation" that there was no Trinity and that the name of God was Jesus.

There is no line of your theology running back 2000 years, but that doesn't prevent you from lying about it in an effort to gain some shred of credibility -- the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses have been around longer than your group, you're barely older than the Scientologists.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
And if anybody wants to know.......I do not believe that confessing sins to a man in a fancy gown is going to justify myself in any way.

Hope y'all have a good day.

Exactly. Justification comes from acceptance of Jesus' death on the cross. The work of sanctification however, lasts a lifetime, (and beyond, into Purgatory), and should include confession of one's sins to a fellow Christian, as the Bible states.

As far as "gowns," well, fashion changes quicker than the Church does. At one time, all men wore powdered wigs, rouge and pantyhose. Doesn't mean a thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Most people don't know this-Paul borrows from pagan "scriptures" in his epistles. He becomes all things to all men in order to win some to Christ. This does not, however mean that Christianity is false or just recycled paganism, but that paganism, like all religions, is man's attempt to reach out to God, and that in doing so, they sometimes find jewels of truth. All truth is God's truth, and if a Buddhist or a Hindu or a Muslim discovers or understands something that is true, it is still true. The Catholic Church recognizes this fact, and reaches out to people where they are at, telling them that the One they are seeking is Christ, and that what they look for in their religion can be found in Him.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

The true Church has around 2000 years of history.

No your church doesn't. Part of your heresy was refuted in the Third Century when Sabellius was your main man and, apart from isolated recurrences here and there through the centuries, which isn't surprising, and it didn't emerge as an actual church until the early 1900s when some guy at a campground had a "personal revelation" that there was no Trinity and that the name of God was Jesus.

There is no line of your theology running back 2000 years, but that doesn't prevent you from lying about it in an effort to gain some shred of credibility -- the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses have been around longer than your group, you're barely older than the Scientologists.

Yes, we do. The apostles, those who followed, even those you claim as "popes" up until sometime in the 200's were Apostolic. They followed the apostles teaching instead of Tertullian's trinity.
edit on 1-5-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
TrueJew is not really Jewish but is a Oneness Pentecostal? Ethnically speaking you are not Jewish?
edit on 1-5-2013 by Witness123 because: (no reason given)

And please tell me what the Apostoloic Olive Tree website is.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

. . . Justification comes from acceptance of Jesus' death on the cross. The work of sanctification however, lasts a lifetime . . .
Justification is being incorporation into the body of Christ, while Sanctification is dedication of the body of Christ to the life of righteousness, to being a holy people.
The church takes on the holiness of God, starting now, and extending into the future.
With the fruit of righteousness not having to be ashamed.
edit on 1-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Snsoc

. . . Justification comes from acceptance of Jesus' death on the cross. The work of sanctification however, lasts a lifetime . . .
Justification is being incorporation into the body of Christ, while Sanctification is dedication of the body of Christ to the life of righteousness, to being a holy people.
The church takes on the holiness of God, starting now, and extending into the future.
With the fruit of righteousness not having to be ashamed.

The Church takes on the holiness of Christ, but the work is not finished. "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you both to will and to purpose." (Philippians 2:12-13). God works it in, we work it out.

We grow up into Him (Ephesians 4:15.) It is not a thing that is finished at salvation, it is a process.
edit on 1-5-2013 by Snsoc because: typo

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness123
TrueJew is not really Jewish but is a Oneness Pentecostal? Ethnically speaking you are not Jewish?

I am Jewish by faith. Christianity is a Jewish religion.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

. . . but the work is not finished.
Holiness is pass/fail.
Paul, in the verses that you quoted in Philippians, is talking to the church, where the "you" and the "yours" in the English translation does not indicate that they are both in the plural, when in fact, they are.

Again, the context of the verse that you cited in Ephesians is the church, and not an individual. The church grows by God giving spiritual gifts so that the needs are met, with teachers and prophets, and all the other positions necessary toward that goal, being filled as parts of the body.

So you are 0 for 2 for backing up your theory with the Bible. My post, three posts up, was written after making some painstaking analysis of the most recent and best commentary on the book of Romans, covering verses 6:15-23.
What I think you are working with is a flawed analysis done four hundred and fifty years ago, by the reformers doing the early translations of the New Testament from the Greek.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

They followed the apostles teaching instead of Tertullian's trinity.

There is zero evidence that the Apostles taught or believed in your "Oneness" theology. If they had, there would be nothing in scripture which implies the Trinity, and all instances of God appearing in multiple persons in dialogue with each other, such as in Hebrews 1, John 17 or Jesus' baptism would be very clearly spelled out.

True teaching does not lie in wait, hiding itself from the world for 1,900 years until some guy has a personal revelation at a campground in the modern era. Never mind that true teaching is not as illogical, unBiblical and irrational as yours is.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness123

Contrary to his claims, he is not Jewish in any fashion or form. He does not adhere to Torah Law, he is not descended from a Jewish mother, and, so far as I know, he is not circumcised.

His claim that he is Jewish, in spite of those things, because they don't matter, is an affront to God, who never took back the covenant with his chosen people.

It's just a forum for a group of people who are members of this "Apostolic Oneness" heresy. Truejew's particular flavour of it, led by a real estate agent, turned "man loved by God" and zealot, Gary Reckart, is generally derided by other Oneness believers, due to Reckart's behaviour and bizarre teaching.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Let's not forget Reckhart sells doctorate degrees for $1,300 on his website.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

There is zero evidence that the Apostles taught or believed in your "Oneness" theology.

There is zero evidence of a trinity being taught before Tertullian around 200 AD. So, what was taught by the apostles? There is one God and one Lord Jesus Christ (God manifest in flesh). Which is oneness doctrine.

1 Corinthians 8:6 KJV
[6] But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

The Scriptures that you claim implies a trinity can be explained in other ways, ways that do not require a doctrine that comes from pagan sources.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

According to Paul, you have an incorrect view of what makes a person Jewish.

Romans 2:28-29 KJV
[28] For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: [29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join