It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

You do realize Paul praised the ministry work of several women in his different epistles correct?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

No, I think you got caught telling BS about people being persecuted in Catholic and Protestant churches and are trying to claim you meant something else when called out on your claims.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Snsoc,

Hi, I just now saw your thread. Did you share already, what was the first or one "thing", the lightbulb that
went off and directed you to the faith?

may the Two Hearts J+M keep you safe,

colbe

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
truejew,

We love you but to reject a basic of Christianity shows you are following a silly redone sect. Come on, there
is so much more God wishes to give you.

Isn't it true, one matures when you discover something to be true and go to it, letting go of past false beliefs.

The Blessed TRINITY is fact, the Truth.

colbe

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by adjensen

Baloney. Every logical criticism of your theology has been met with either emotionalism

The only "emotion" I've shown has been in response to your repeated hate, disrespect, lies, slander, and twisting of what I say. I have actually been very patient with you considering all the lies and slander you have said against me.

As I said, you can address the rest of it in the original threads, but I feel the need to respond to this.

Kindly point out any evidence in my words of my hating you. I don't know you from Adam, what basis would I have to hate you? Given that fact, what "fruit of the spirit" are you exhibiting by lying about me?

You have come to a forum which is open to anyone, and attempted to evangelize others on what your church teaches, and which is, from the Christian standpoint, heresy. As an orthodox Christian apologist, it is my job to refute your heresy, just as apologists have done for 2,000 years. I have done so by being critical, applying logic, holding you to your own words, and allowing your own claims to be testimony against you.

Why? Do I really think I'll change your mind? Well, at the beginning, I did, but I think now that you are too far entrenched to ever see what others try to explain to you. No, it isn't about you, it is about those who may come across your words in the future -- because people are generally poor critical thinkers, someone may comes across your theology and, not seeing any criticism of it, think it to be correct.

If you want to go on about Apostolic Oneness or women in the church or the genius that is Gary Reckart without anyone saying anything negative about it, I would suggest that you go join the "Apostolic Oneness Friends" forum or something similar, because as long as I, and the other apologists on ATS are around, we will continue to be highly critical of your claims and attempts to misrepresent Christ, the Bible and Christianity.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Hey, thanks for getting back on topic.

I was Evangelical, but I gave up my faith after reading two books-"The Jesus Mysteries" by Timothy Freke and "Conversations with God" by Neal Donald Walsch. Of course, there was a lot of other stuff going on in my life, but it came down to the fact that I felt that the historical record of Christ was taken from paganism and that an eternity in Hell for a lifetime of sins was unfair.

15 years passed, and like the prodigal son, I found myself in a wilderness. I actually started to come back to faith when I watched a TV series called "The Cell," about Muslim terrorists. There's a scene where the cell leader is being interrogated, and his interrogator tells him his (Muslim) faith is useless, because there is no God. "I died once," he said, "And there was no God, nothing. Only blackness." And the the Muslim smiles and says, "Allah was testing your faith. And you failed."

Ironically, that spoke to me. I realized that everything I thought that was a rational reason for giving up faith could be just a test. So I went back to church, but it seemed dead to me. I couldn't summon any emotion about it.

It was about that time that my friend's brother, a priest, started inviting me to RCIA. I went, with much trepidation. I'd always thought of Catholics as legalistic and idol worshipers. And they patiently explained everything to me. And when the time to join the Church came, I accepted, even though part of my heart was in doubt.

I do feel the Presence of God in the Mass in a way that I haven't felt in a long time-the majesty, the solemnity, of God, and it creates a soberness in me that helps crucify the flesh for a while.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

You do realize Paul praised the ministry work of several women in his different epistles correct?

He never calls them a member of the five-fold ministry.

1 Timothy 2:11-14 KJV
[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. [12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. [13] For Adam was first formed, then Eve. [14] And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. …

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

No, I think you got caught telling BS about people being persecuted in Catholic and Protestant churches and are trying to claim you meant something else when called out on your claims.

You are welcome to misjudge me if you like, but it is not a fruit of the Spirit.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

No, one God is fact, the trinity is addition.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Calling someone a witch, cultist, when I am neither, and an idiot, are not exactly labels you give when love is involved. We all should know by now what usually happens historically when Catholics/Protestants start calling out "heresy" and "witch".
edit on 28-4-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

You are welcome to misjudge me if you like, but it is not a fruit of the Spirit.

I didn't misjudge anything.

You can't expect me to think that you're actually ignorant to the difference between a past tense verb and a present tense verb. That's third grade English class material.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. [12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. [13] For Adam was first formed, then Eve. [14] And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. …

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

"Over the man" in the Greek text implies a woman's husband, not the word for any random man.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

No, one God is fact, the trinity is addition.

I am sorry, one sentence doesn't prove a thing. Truejew, does Pentecostal "oneness" reject God the Son or God the Holy Spirit is God or both of them? In regards to Our Lord, He knew who He was and told us many times. Scripture is full of verses proclaiming Jesus is God.

Titus 2:13, “…our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ…”
Titus 3:4, “…God our Savior…”
1 John 4:14, “…the Father has sent His Son as the Savior of the world.”

Please note that Scripture refers to Jesus Christ as the “Savior” and that it also refers to the “Savior” as God.

thanks John Martiginoni....

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Calling someone a witch, cultist, when I am neither, and an idiot, are not exactly labels you give when love is involved. We all should know by now what usually happens historically when Catholics/Protestants start calling out "heresy" and "witch".
edit on 28-4-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

truejew, where is the love in your last bigoted comment? And it makes no sense, you're belong to a fairly
new Protestant sect yourself.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc
reply to post by colbe

Hey, thanks for getting back on topic.

I was Evangelical, but I gave up my faith after reading two books-"The Jesus Mysteries" by Timothy Freke and "Conversations with God" by Neal Donald Walsch. Of course, there was a lot of other stuff going on in my life, but it came down to the fact that I felt that the historical record of Christ was taken from paganism and that an eternity in Hell for a lifetime of sins was unfair.

15 years passed, and like the prodigal son, I found myself in a wilderness. I actually started to come back to faith when I watched a TV series called "The Cell," about Muslim terrorists. There's a scene where the cell leader is being interrogated, and his interrogator tells him his (Muslim) faith is useless, because there is no God. "I died once," he said, "And there was no God, nothing. Only blackness." And the the Muslim smiles and says, "Allah was testing your faith. And you failed." Ironically, that spoke to me. I realized that everything I thought that was a rational reason for giving up faith could be just a test. So I went back to church, but it seemed dead to me. I couldn't summon any emotion about it.
It was about that time that my friend's brother, a priest, started inviting me to RCIA. I went, with much trepidation. I'd always thought of Catholics as legalistic and idol worshipers. And they patiently explained everything to me. And when the time to join the Church came, I accepted, even though part of my heart was in doubt.
I do feel the Presence of God in the Mass in a way that I haven't felt in a long time-the majesty, the solemnity, of God, and it creates a soberness in me that helps crucify the flesh for a while.

Oh wonderful, I now saw your response Snsoc. Wow~! God's grace working on you over a period of time. And you lost the "paganism" protest, correct? It is a constant objection. Just because two things are similar does not make them the same. Ie: A title of Our Lord, Jesus is the morning star. Pagans worshiped the stars.

It is fascinating, you can see the disagreements between Protestants and Catholics in a different light. Protestants converted to the faith make the best apologists.

Your story about the movie "The Cell", you shared exactly what I asked, wondered about, the "spark."

I really love your last statement. We do NOT want to be separated from our brothers and sisters in Christ. We pray they all come to the faith. God does too. Receiving the Eucharist, Christ Himself is the tops, the pinnacle of the faith. After the Resurrection, the two disciples recognized Our Lord finally, their hearts burned when He broke the bread. They remembered when Our Lord instituted the Eucharist. "Break bread" is the first Christian's term for the Eucharist.

Luke 24:30-32
And it came to pass, whilst he was at table with them, he took bread, and blessed, and brake, and gave to them. [31] And their eyes were opened, and they knew him: and he vanished out of their sight. [32] And they said one to the other: Was not our heart burning within us, whilst he spoke in this way, and opened to us the scriptures?

colbe

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

"Over the man" in the Greek text implies a woman's husband, not the word for any random man.

If a woman has authority in the Church, she also has authority over her husband.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

truejew, where is the love in your last bigoted comment?

What I said is true according to history. There was no bigotry on my part.

Originally posted by colbe

And it makes no sense, you're belong to a fairly
new Protestant sect yourself.

I am not Protestant. The Church began in 29 AD, around 200 - 300 years before Catholicism. We are not new.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Teaching and authority are two different things. If a woman is preaching the Word of God that is the authority, not the person vocalizing the text. Jesus is the head of the church.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I am not Protestant. The Church began in 29 AD, around 200 - 300 years before Catholicism. We are not new.

The marks of a cult:

Exclusivity from/Denunciation of Other Group: Each cult group, regardless of what other doctrines are taught, will all have this one common idea -- "The Only True Church Syndrome." The members of each specific organization have been taught that their church, organization, or community, is the only true group and that all other groups are false. The group's leaders will explain that it is impossible to serve God without being a member of the specific group. Moreover, when the cult leader announces himself as the true "Messiah," all others are declared to be dishonest, deceitful, and deluded, and must be put down; alternative views are denounced as being satanic and corrupt. Persecution is welcomed, and even glorified in, as "evidence" that they are being persecuted for righteousness sake. (Source)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
The members of each specific organization have been taught that their church, organization, or community, is the only true group and that all other groups are false. The group's leaders will explain that it is impossible to serve God without being a member of the specific group

Which reminds me- has the Roman Catholic community given up the teaching EXTRA ECCLESIAM NULLA SALUS?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join