It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Snsoc
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The New Living translation is the only one that includes the words "to Him" in that verse. All of the others simply say we are to confess. See here: bible.cc...

We are commanded to confess to one another, (James 5:16) and the power of forgiveness is given to men.(john 20:23)

Well the implication is obvious there. In another scripture it says against Him and only Him do we sin. No point in confessing sin and asking for forgiveness from so.some other than God who cannot forgive sin.

Why do you ignore Scripture NTT? It means preaching a half a or less Gospel. Our Lord established how our sins are to be forgiven.

Jesus gave the first priests, the disciples, His ministerial priests, the power to forgive sins. He did this so we could HEAR the words of absolution and be assured our sins are forgiven. Explain to everyone John 20:23.

There is NO ministerial priesthood in Protestantism, the revolters (reformers nicely put) rejected the faith taught and lived since 33 A.D. Denying the ministerial priesthood, our means to receive God's greatest graces.

Jesus did NOT establish personal confession of your mortal (serious sins) to God. How many times do you read "repent" in the Gospel but how? John 20:23 is proof, you have to HEAR someone's sins to forgive them. So, please explain John 20:23.

I want you to become Catholic, think about it for now, pray about it, ask Our Lord. The division in Christianity is going to end. God is going to help you give your "yes." A Catholic evangelist spoke of a vision, Protestants rushing past their Catholic brothers and sisters, going forward to receive the most Holy Eucharist.

God bless you NTT,

John 20:22-23 [22]
When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. [23] Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

My teaching on Genesis 1:26 has been the same in every post on the subject.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

If people need the "hear" words of affirmation to know that their sins are forgiven they don't believe the Word of God. Which says when we confess to God He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I believe that scripture. I doubt John was lying.
edit on 3-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

If people need the "hear" words of affirmation to know that their sins are forgiven they don't believe the Word of God. Which says when we confess to God He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Please explain the Gospel of John when it said that if the disciples forgave anyone their sins those sins would be forgiven, and if they didn't they weren't. (John 20:23).
edit on 4-5-2013 by Snsoc because: clarity

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
reply to post by colbe

You said it, here is the problem, "My teaching" dear truejew. PO means nothing, you have no authority.

There are only a FEW sects who reject the Holy Trinity. Why don't you try to look at why?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Please explain the Gospel of John when it said that if the disciples forgave anyone their sins those sins would be forgiven, and if they didn't they weren't. (John 20:23).

You can ask but you won't get a reply. There are certain Scripture verses non-Catholic Christians will
not touch, discuss.

Most of John 6, James 2:24, etc, etc.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Just because Jesus gave His disciples the authority to do it doesn't mean that is the only means with which to do so. And if it were the only means to forgive sin, that would mean the very same John who wrote the verse I mentioned was deliberately teaching false doctrine.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Jesus gave the first priests, the disciples, His ministerial priests, the power to forgive sins.

If Jesus meant for them to be priests, I think that he would have said so.
Jesus did not hear confessions but just healed people who looked like they needed to be healed, and would say that their sins are forgiven, without ever having the person describe their sins.
Obviously the "breathing on" the disciples and giving them the Holy Spirit, described in John 21, was part of their being commissioned to establish the church. The normal interpretation of the forgiveness part is to do with them having the ability to determine heresies, that these are 'sins' by the promoters of heretical teachings, that the Apostles could forgive if they confessed, which would be the first step of repentance.
You see the same concept in 1 John 1, where heretics are identified, then a call for confession and the assurance of forgiveness.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

You said it, here is the problem, "My teaching" dear truejew. PO means nothing, you have no authority.

There are only a FEW sects who reject the Holy Trinity. Why don't you try to look at why?

The way is narrow... There are few who find it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

We don't find the way, the Good Shepherd chooses us. (John 15:16). In fact, no man can even come to Christ unless the Father first draws that person to Him. Furthermore, Jesus says that all that the Father has given to Him He will lose none.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

We don't find the way, the Good Shepherd chooses us. (John 15:16). In fact, no man can even come to Christ unless the Father first draws that person to Him. Furthermore, Jesus says that all that the Father has given to Him He will lose none.

What I said was what Jesus said.

Matthew 7:13-14 KJV
[13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Do you know the meaning of the terms "the many" and "the few" in Greek? In English it's generally understood that "few" means a very small percentage. However in Greek, the many simply means the majority and the few means the minority. You could have a 51/49% split in Greek and the 51% would be "the many" and the 49% group would be "the few".

But I do believe the percentage of believers is much lower than that in regards to population, maybe 10-15%.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Do you know the meaning of the terms "the many" and "the few" in Greek? In English it's generally understood that "few" means a very small percentage. However in Greek, the many simply means the majority and the few means the minority. You could have a 51/49% split in Greek and the 51% would be "the many" and the 49% group would be "the few".

But I do believe the percentage of believers is much lower than that in regards to population, maybe 10-15%.

Based upon what I see, the few will be few since there are few who baptize into Jesus Christ as the early Christians did.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

"In the Name of" means "in the authority of". It's not some magic incantation. Besides that, baptism is what believers do once they believe, baptism doesn't give people faith, it's an expression of the faith they already have.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

"In the Name of" means "in the authority of". It's not some magic incantation.

That does not mean that the authority is not spoken. The apostles,the early Church, and scholars will tell you that the name of Jesus Christ was spoken at baptism.

Besides that, baptism is what believers do once they believe, baptism doesn't give people faith, it's an expression of the faith they already have.

Belief and faith cannot be separated from action.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

That does not mean that the authority is not spoken. The apostles,the early Church, and scholars will tell you that the name of Jesus Christ was spoken at baptism.

But, unlike you, they never taught that speaking that name actually did something, it was just part of the ceremony, as it remains today in every Christian baptism. Saying "I baptize you in the name of the Father, in the name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Spirit" is the same thing -- invoking the authority of God.

Saying that you have to say "I baptize you in the name of gee-zus" or it doesn't work brings you back into the realm of magic words and incantations.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

So you're claiming that there are millions of people that confess Jesus as Lord, trust Him as their Savior, and believe in their heart that God raised Him from the dead who will not be saved when they die?

Is this your doctrine?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Dear truejew,

I'm a little confused and saddened. You seem to be willing to write to everyone here, except me. Have I offended you? If so, I'm sorry, that wasn't my intent.

May I ask you to return to this post www.abovetopsecret.com... and address the question? It would help me understand WHAT THE @#$%% @#&%*%& IS GOING ON HERE.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

reply to post by truejew

But, unlike you, they never taught that speaking that name actually did something, it was just part of the ceremony, as it remains today in every Christian baptism. Saying "I baptize you in the name of the Father, in the name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Spirit" is the same thing -- invoking the authority of God.

Saying that you have to say "I baptize you in the name of gee-zus" or it doesn't work brings you back into the realm of magic words and incantations.

Correct, then the emphasis and trust isn't on the person and work of Christ and in His authority, but instead trust in a specific utterance of words of the person ministering the baptism. Then salvation relies on a specific incantation of exact verbage. Implying that God will not, or is prevented from exercising His Sovereign grace toward the sinner unless forced to do so by a specific and exact incantation by a human minister.

That's the essense of witchcraft. Forcing the hand of God by a predetermined wording of an incantation.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

So you're claiming that there are millions of people that confess Jesus as Lord, trust Him as their Savior, and believe in their heart that God raised Him from the dead who will not be saved when they die?

Is this your doctrine?

NTT,

Very soon, the Protestant heresies will be no more. Right now, Our Lord is helping, gently preparing Protestants
to accept the faith. He speaks through a non-Catholic Christian Prophet, Kevin Barrett to correct the heresies.

Look at all the messages Kevin receives. Over and over Our Lord corrects some of the main heresie, Protestants are so stuck on them. These teachings are not from God but from the mind of some of the reformers (revolters) and we see clear on up until today, more heresies like Pentecostal Oneness.

Read Kevin's messages. Our Lord debunks

Faith Alone
Imputation heresy (Jesus did it all on the Cross, you are saved)
Rapture lie
Prosperity Gospel

I think He leaves Bible Alone, Sola Scriptura out for right now, Protestants would cry false prophet. You'll see
though when God shows you during the Great Warning (Rev 6:15-17, 1 Cor 3:13).

Excerpt from the latest message given Kevin Barrett:

...Do not think that you can do your own thing and have My protection upon you simply because you call yourself by My name. For I tell you now, the days ahead shall be the most dangerous days any of you have ever lived in. Destruction, death, pestilence and calamity shall be everywhere. Do not think that you can hide yourself from those things without My protection upon you. For your sins shall surely find you out in these last days. And ONLY those abiding in Me through their obedience to Me shall have My protection upon them....

www.hearhisheart.wordpress.com...

I do like some of the things you are saying to help truejew. In our lifetime, we will see Our Lord's prayer to the
Father become a reality again as in the first days of Christianity.

colbe

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join