It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{Gun Control} Obama: "Why Are You Afraid Of The Govt. That You Elected?"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's 19:00 in
He says why are the people so afraid when they elected me.

Is he joking?
He is constrained he says? Constrained by the rules of the founding fathers???
Mr. Executive orders is really saying that?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Because, EVERY national level politician is corrupt. That simple.

+28 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I didnt elect this government. All my idiot neighbors did. Am I afraid of all my idiot neighbors? Well, I wouldnt trust them to feed my fish if I went out of town.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Because, EVERY national level politician is corrupt. That simple.

You know I saw an interesting pic the other day
It said:

Real Presidents are assassinated & corrupt ones are re-elected!

sad stuff

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
We didn't really elect him as much as given "Choice R or Choice O". Unforunately, "Choice R" was made out by the media and his actions to be a bumbling idiot.

Ron Paul was climbing the ladders quite well until the media did all they could to avoid even giving mention that he was even running.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Earthscum because: clarification, I guess.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I do not trust this government, and I did vote. All of the people I voted for did not get elected into office. I do not trust this president, as he has shown a lack of leadership and continually divides the country with his rhetoric and ultimately does not represent, in my opinion, either myself or the the countries best interest.

The sad truth of the matter is that all politicians will lie to the public to gather votes. They do not seek to speak the truth and those that have been in office for a very long time, only seek to remain there for the benefit of themselves. So in answer to the President, I do not trust the very government, and view it with suspicion. If anything, I think that we all should, if nothing more than to hold that very government accountable for its actions and to catch the lies that it tells.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
People aren't afraid of the gov't because we have our second amendment. Take that away and we fear the consequences.
edit on 4/5/2013 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Am I "afraid" of my neighbor with a gun?

Nope

My government has better aim, and bigger guns enough to make anyone wise up considering our very own government track record of invading countries,and gun running.

Same here I did not "elect" this current government a few people voting more than once did.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Same here I did not "elect" this current government a few people voting more than once did.

Awesome!

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Obama was elected by voter fraud.. Do you really think that the women that voted for him SIX times is really the only one that did it? Pssht

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of the government.....If they get really out of hand we have guns.....That is why they wrote the right to bear arms into the constitution....The same constitution that gives politicians their job. Take away our guns and we fire congress and the government. No elections to reelect politicians.

I guess I am starting to sound like a conservative republican again

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I didn't elect anyone in this corrupt system...

The voting machines did, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were owned by a company Obama owns....Seriously

We could have had video evidence of 100,000,000 people voting for Ron Paul and those million votes would have shown up for Obama......It's a joke

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We, the People, have to be afraid, VERY AFRAID, of the govt that was elected, simply because of the issue over the sacred 2nd Amendment Right and the Constitution as a whole.

If ELECTED members of congress and the executive, can DISHONOR their vow and oath to the sacred Constitution, what else would they daringly do, to destroy USA and all that it stands for for 2 centuries so far, for the sake of the loud and vocal but irrational minority?

Are sacred vows and oaths so lightly held today by descendants of courageous americans, whom brave all pains and sufferings, sacrifice their precious lives for us all, from the intelligent generals to the newly wed foot soldier, to free all future generations from capricious tyrannical rules to create a societal based rule of law called the US Constitution, so that none be left behind and unprotected?

May the President ponders. Most republicans had not sold out and remain true to their vows. What had happened to the democrats, after they had started off so brightly years back???? Are the emotional but irrational appeals of the Feinstein sisters so appealing that honest logic and reason can be ignored and discarded?

Archaic laws do need to change with the times, but it must be based upon solid and emprical evidences for the need to do so. Had removing guns proven that VIOLENCE is absent from USA, or states that had broken the 2nd Amendment oath? NONE.

Violence continued if not worse, and other means of violence against innocents were meted out by the criminal and the insane using illegal guns or other forms of weaponary to conduct their nefarious crimes against innocent humanity, and a 'sequested' security apparatus unable to meet the timely protection needs of citizens, let alone the often unknown future ones when the nation is threatened by internal, external or both forces.

edit on 5-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You know I saw an interesting pic the other day It said:

My friend ModernAcademia, I did too!
I believe it shows how most Americans felt after the last election.
The statement from TriForce

Obama was elected by voter fraud.. Do you really think that the women that voted for him SIX times is really the only one that did it? Pssht

I'm sure we feel the same.

edit on 5-4-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Because we didn't elect him.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

In some cases in marriage a significant misrepresentation of one's past can be grounds for an annulment. Does anyone see the analogy here?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Obama asked the question, but does anyone really get to give him a face to face answer? With NDAA, drones, and gun control, the real question Mr. President is what are you and your administration afraid of?

Pladuim

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As long as we vote electronically there is no such thing as a free election. The software to rig them
Is already in existence and sold to other governments.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Obama is flattering himself by confusing "fear" with "distrust" and a belief of intellectual impotence many Americans see within the government. hell, I'd even go so far as to say it is a veritable hatred of sorts.

He knows full well that his status as the Meal Ticket led to his re-election. In an amazing burst of irony, those of us who did not vote for him or his little buddies comprise the majority of the people being forced to financially support those who did vote for him. It is probably the one issue on which the man showed so much as an ounce of intelligence over... ensuring his political survival by building a massive voting bloc of helpless dependants who don't even eat if he isn't on the throne.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
www.realclearpolitics.com...
www.gallup.com...
maybe he has not seen the approval rating for our representatives and him self lately.....ill give him this his approval rating is a lot higher then congress but thats not saying much with all the idiots we have in office

perhaps their would be less mistrust if there was shady crap going on on a day to day basis

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join