It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't like life because it is filled with problems, struggles and suffering

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
None of us "signed up for this", but if you are a regular citizen in the United States, then you have many resources to help create or evolve your life into something that is more acceptable. It is also a matter of perspective, are your troubles really that serious or does nearly everyone experience them?

In fact you are probably lucky especially compared to millions of people in the world and your problems may be small compared to the problems others face.

You can read my forum posting on how to attain possible ET contact:

Experimental Ufology

if you only knew the amount of problems my ideas brought about in my personal life!! You think you have problems, imagine being tracked 24/7 or having very small cameras installed in your apartment and the video leaked out to TV and internet, imagine having brain reading devices installed in your living space, in your car, in the street, in your school so that the military industrial complex can monitor your thoughts and steal your best ideas and give them to shills and researchers who couldn't come up with an original idea to save their lives (professors at my university are excluded). How about having helicopters fly over your living space whenever I log into ATS.

Now these are problems!!

Of course the more the Military industrial complex rears it's ugly, smelly head, the closer we are to the truth.
edit on 4-4-2013 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Seriously,do yoAu think i signed up for: 1)not feeling like feeling like part of the human race,from 1st memory,not one effing day or moment of my life,till this second-YET HAVING TO DEAL?!--- 2)being raped at knifepoint,to keep a roof over my child's head?? 3)To sacrifice,to be alone vs being with people who "get you"cus in the long run,its best for yr child? 4)To be on yr jack# in a hostile world?? 5)To take yr life in yr hands+work yr hands to the bone,working at 2jobs to keep yr flesh+blood with you? 6)To work for a murderer,to buy food fr yr child? 7)to be hungry,REALLY HUNGRY vs i feel like for Big Mac?8) To have the vicious stress of-if i don't leave my frightened 3yr old alone-im getting fired+we're homeless-cause we are all alone in the world? 9)To be actually raped at work,bt no evidence,so you have to just carry on-and the one who raped you is a Triad-so it would be,to say the least,counterproductive to talk about it.10)Had a mom who told you at age 4-that she wish God chopped off her hand the day she signed the adoption papers? DEAL.Or die.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Your main duty in this life is to your child. If things are that bad, bust ass out of there and get to a shelter as far the hell away from there as you can.
I'm sorry I can't provide more help for you than this Help
But you need to do something for your little one, as well as for yourself.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by deloprator20000

that's deep deloprator20000, but can see this actually happening to some.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

I kind of look at it this way: The situations that we learn the most from in life are those that are made up of problems, struggles and suffering. The good times are great- no doubt, but we learn our greatest lessons in life by being faced with adversities and ultimately overcoming them. If we do not experience what is bad in life we may never truly come to recognize and appreciate all that is good!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I look at it from a different perspective, but still very similar. YOu say that life is an array of problems and we need them to appreciate the good things. But the way I see it, problems are REQUIRED because without them there'd be nothing worthwhile to do. It's by doing worthwhile things that we feel good. Happiness isn't magical. It doesn't happen for free. It happens when we accomplish things and prove our self worth. We build up our confidence through work and struggle.

Happiness isn't handed out like candy. I believe we have to work to have it.
edit on 4-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Survival is meant to weed out the weak! We might not be worried about gettin ate by animals literally. But we still have to worry about gettin ate by animals!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Dear Lulza,no that is all in the past-and i got through it because i brought a life into being.I was in a position where my exit point could've bn brought about in many ways-my way out of "THIS IS !NOT! MY WORLD-AND I NOT! BELONG HERE!" but by that time i had been a channel to a soul,that in the flesh-conveyance Here,did not ask to be channelled into being(well thats how i saw it)and seeing *i* was the channel,who could've prevented her birth(thru DepoProvera/keeping my legs closed) she WasMY RESPONSIBILITY.Not just her existence,but as far as i could,her quality of life.Everything is well with us now,17yrs later+that lil girl is now engaged to a fine chap+studying to be a kindergarten/grade 1-2 teacher.But for yr kindness:Bless you,Bless you,and
Bless you,beautiful Soul.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

I feel like I'm not built for this. If life was a boxing match I wouldn't be boxing because I'm not a boxer..

This life is full of many things. Think of how many men/women actually put on boxing gloves for a profession. There are many professions. Not everyone boxes, but anyone can learn how to dodge & move
. Remember, you can't taste sweet without bitter, won't appreciate the wet without the dry.

I have lived a quarter century redifining my life. I don't like to call it a struggle, because that references friction in my mind. Instead I call life a challenge, & I aim to surpass challenges on the first try. If not, I soak up the mistake to the fullest.

Give life your all. Reach with integrity. Diligence. May you have the feet to walk, & the eyes to see

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

When somebody suggests that life is a struggle and too hard, does it make you feel defensive because you LIKE the challenge and the struggle and feel almost precisely the opposite?

Sure, you got angry and had your share of anxiety in life. You will admit there was struggle. Sometimes you didn't know what to do, so you searched. But at the same time, in all the pain or confusion, there was a feeling of reward when you came over the top of the hill and found answers and triumphed. The feeling when things come together is incomparable. You feel that the struggle adds value to your journey because it presented something for you to overcome. It's the goal you live for and the reward that drives you on, despite all the dangers ahead of you.

When somebody comes out and says life is too hard it makes them appear to be the type of person that has no long-term goals and does not live for the feeling when they overcome.

It makes them appear weak and entitled.
edit on 4-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Saying other people have it worse like that one kid in Africa who's going to die because of a lack of food, doesn't really help..

I feel like I'm not built for this. If life was a boxing match I wouldn't be boxing because I'm not a boxer..

I didn't sign up for this...

Was talking to a Buddhist monk many years ago and his sect believed we have at least 7 lives in the cycle of life and death. Each life has a purpose which is to learn and grow; adversity, struggle, the good, the bad, and yes the UGLY of life in all it's many faceted aspects are the lessons. . If you waste this life you will get an auto redo and just come back to grow and learn again; keep being stubborn or acting bad and it is an auto redo of never ending struggle until one finally figures it out.. Many Buddhist believe life is but a struggle to learn..... most want to finish this type of school without having a set back or redo....

Bad people in a prior life come back with an affliction or are treated as badly as they treated others. This particular Monk was actually someone who believed he could tell how many prior lives one had. By the method/indicator he showed me he had 5 prior lives. If one was born and stayed on plan after the 7th life you joined the God head (whatever that means) and did not have to be reborn on this plain again.... I liked him and at that time of my life what he said made sense to me. Very simplified explanation of what he said but "kinda a quick bottom line". Was he correct? Are any religions correct? We will all find out one way or the other when we take our last breath.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well, one really good thing about it is that it doesn't last long, compared to a lot of other things. We're really only here for a blink of an eye, and then we die and the universe ends. It's the ultimate payback.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Saying other people have it worse like that one kid in Africa who's going to die because of a lack of food, doesn't really help..

I am not a "new ager" guy by any means but I am nevertheless very interested in spiritual and metaphysical questions, answers and theories.

Right now, I am reading some very good books addressing those profound questions about our souls, WHY we are, where we come from, who we REALLY are and so forth.

According to this school of spirituality, we all CHOOSE our lives beforehand, we actually often seek out difficult lives because we see them as a challenge and as a way to learn.

You MIGHT have chosen the life you are living right now BECAUSE of those obstacles. Any hardship, as cruel as it might be, might be planned/arranged in advance.

It is like a play that was written beforehand, not some "boring" play which starts with your birth and ends with you death. It's a play where many situations, problems etc. are woven in to help you grow and understand.

Do NOT focus only on the negative consequences of whatever will happen in your life, but look behind those things and find that you can actually learn and grow from those things.

So...ironically, you might have indeed (and I mean literally!) "signed up for this"...so it would be a shame you will miss the opportunity to play this play and then not get the benefit/growth out of it you were seeking from it when you "signed up" for it.

Edit: To make this clear: While overall directions of our lives are planned and arranged, we STILL have free will and can turn things in different directions. I guess THIS is actually the challenge.
edit on 4-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't want/like to live..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I will be 55 this month and can tell you that for me, life has always been filled with changes and challenges. Sometimes it gets overwhelming and you wonder how you could possibly pick yourself up yet again. I have learned to take one day at a time and try to make the best of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Don't worry about it. It will all be over soon enough.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
ok
1 you did sign up for this you just dont remember it

2 life is like a military training course , they are shooting over your head ,grenades are going off & they are dropping flares on you as you lowcrawl thru a mudhole '

3 if life was perfect ahh what would you learn . you live many lives just like school you will graduate but it will take many lives

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

in about 65 years...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

in about 65 years...

Now that reply gives me hope. I hate these types of threads. It always bothers me when someone may be suicidal. I've seen it to much and saw and dealt with the pain such actions have caused others.

If you've recently broken up with one you love, be assured that you'll heal from it, though it does have a tendency to leave one jaded to a degree. That'll be up to you.

I don't know your circumsatnces that brought you to your point in life, but most of us have been there...sometimes quite often through poor choices.

Best of luck. Ah...the hell with that. Make your own luck!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

You need to change the way you are looking at things trooth. I used to be the same way, always wondering why I was in this stupid, ignorant hate-filled world. Why I always had so many dumb problems, why idiotic dumb people around me got oppurtunities and I always got the shaft. I thought maybe God was mad at me, or I was being punished.

Then in the summer of 2011, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma. The deadliest form of skin cancer. I was a healthy 6'2 and 200lb 32 year old male who had never been sick before. I had tumors in my lungs, my sinus cavity, my brain, all over me. I was eaten up with cancer. I will never forget when the doctor told me to make out a will and get my affairs in order while I was still alive. I was devastated. My wife cried constantly every day. Ever watch Doomsday Preppers? You know how those guys are always preparing for the end of the world? Well this was just as devastating to my world as a meteor strike, or a flu pandemic or whatever the hell else those folks prep for.

Then I realized the opposite of that "why me" outlook, God was not punishing me, the problems I had all my life were not holding me back. They made me a stronger person. Strong enough to tell the doctors that they don't know squat and I will beat this damned disease. Someone who has never experienced adversity would have given up and died when the doctors told them they were going to. Not me though. After lots of biochemo, radiation, gamma knife, endoscopic surgery, I am still here. I have been officially N.E.D. (no evidence of disease) for just over a year now. Only 3 people out of 100 have the response that I did to the biochemo. Which is N.E.D.

Point is OP, you have to see the light at the end of the tunnel for there to ever be one. Look at the positive side, you might be unemployed right now, but enjoy not having a hardass boss and a stupid job while you can. You might not be in a relationship now, so find a hobby and enjoy not having to listen to a woman complain about "not spending time with her" or whatever. You are young enough to worry with that later. Actually, it seems when you are not looking for something is when you find it. Personally, I have taken up traditional archery as a hobby in the last year and I love it.

Wish there was more I could tell you. If you ever want to talk feel free to u2u me. Keep your head up sir. God Bless.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join