I don't like life because it is filled with problems, struggles and suffering

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OP,i wish to apologise to you-i stand by what i said-but the way i said it,came across as very harsh and unkind.Truth is,today's one of those days when im just sick of being Here-and i took it out on you.Inexcusable,i am really very sorry,please forgive me.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Saying other people have it worse like that one kid in Africa who's going to die because of a lack of food, doesn't really help..

I feel like I'm not built for this. If life was a boxing match I wouldn't be boxing because I'm not a boxer..

I didn't sign up for this...

You are looking at it all wrong. How old are you? Let's say you are 18. This means you have survived for EIGHTEEN YEARS! Good JOB! And you thought you weren't built for this. Whatever coping skills you used to make it this far in life, they're working!

You're making it, my friend. You're making it!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
OP,i wish to apologise to you-i stand by what i said-but the way i said it,came across as very harsh and unkind.Truth is,today's one of those days when im just sick of being Here-and i took it out on you.Inexcusable,i am really very sorry,please forgive me.

I'm pretty sure we all have those days...if not months for some of us.

I try (though not always successfully) to bite my tongue. I am a believer in the tough love approach, but only with those I actually know.

Who knows, you may have done the OP good, combined with the rest of the posts.

Hope you feel better soon.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

I don't think death is any easier. Don't give up! Keep going; day at a time, hour at a time, or even minute at a time. which ever works for you. I know its easier said than done, but I've done it so I know it works. Keep trying!

I would recommend talking to a counsilor or minister, they are helpful about half of the time. And for the other half they have anti-depressants.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

We all have rough times, its just part of the process.

This last year has been the absolute roughest year I have ever endured. We had two major, game changing, life altering events happen within the span of two months and nothing has been the same since. Nothing will ever be the same again.

At first? I was devastated, angry (still am sometimes) and I definitely lost hope for a time. I fell into a depression that I was sure I wouldn't recover from (still in the process).

But, you know what? Something completely fantastic and unexpected arose from the ashes of my 'old' life.

So, sometimes your darkest of days, can turn out to be a blessing, even if you can't see it at the time.

Just two pennies from someone who has been there. I hope something rises from the ashes for you as well.

edit on 4-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Without problems, struggles, and suffering life would be intolerable. Think about it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Saying other people have it worse like that one kid in Africa who's going to die because of a lack of food, doesn't really help..

I feel like I'm not built for this. If life was a boxing match I wouldn't be boxing because I'm not a boxer..

You didn't sign up for it. At least not for the boxing match version.

It took me almost 40 years to finally realize that I didn't have to play along with the bullsh*t that friends, family and other loved ones felt that they could inflict on me. Yes, I had to give up a certain percentage of them, but it didn't take me long to stop missing them. After all, anyone who insists on making you miserable as if it's central to your relationship with them is a jackass who deserves to see a lot less of you.

Don't wait until you're a middle age guy before you kick the dead weight in your life to the curb. If's entirely up to you, but I can't imagine why a miserable job or people who don't care if they make you miserable are worth keeping associated with.

Your only responsibility in life is to yourself. Everything else that you commit to is what you willingly choose to commit to. That stuff should be based on symbiosis. If it isn't, then you're actually free to dump it.
edit on 4/4/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
its warm and fuzzy to see so many people offering their slant on your position.

originally, you were a divine spark of all the consciousness there is.

you still are.

but for whatever reason (and vast majority do also) we make the same mistake from birth and identify with body and mind. it starts with the mother and you as a baby's dependence on her and then all the other people you meet and your reaction to them, all the while building this incredibly strong mental cage of ideas of likes and dislikes that traps your spirit.
were we to remove/transcend the constricting limitations of the mind we would find our consciousness soar to infinity.
the indian poem comes to mind.
you suffer from yourselves, none else compels; to whirl upon the wheel of life and hug and kiss its spokes of agony.

so perhaps some form of meditation will calm your troubled mind. or you may be suited to "self inquiry" -that means to ceaselessly ask yourself "who am i?"; its the only question the mind cant answer. my 2 pesos worth.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm sorry. Your post makes me sad. Yes, life can be a pain and painful. I agree with one of the previous replies in that we can't be sure we didn't sign up for this...much like a child who screams "I didn't ask to be born," how do you know you didn't?

Start a journal...write down everything you're feeling. Just putting the emotions down on paper can often help release the negative and heal the spirit. Reach out to others...sometimes you just need to go out and help someone who is worse off to regain your perspective. I think you indicated that you lost your job - are you job hunting? If not, get out there! If you are, keep it up - stay the course. For relationships: in my life I found that as soon as I became resolved to being alone, bam!, someone special would show up. Don't focus on what you don't have.

Are you eating nutritiously? If not, then re-evaluate what you're putting into your body -- poor nutrition can lead to depression, anxiety, and a host of other problems.

I'll be praying for you...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Sweet Baby! ((((((HUGS))))))

When at the lowest of lows, KNOW that there is something greater, beyond your wildest dreams awaiting you once this lesson is over. Did you do good? What all did you accomplish as far as helping others and doing what you can to make others smile?

The school of life is what you are experiencing and so know that when you are at your lowest look through the storm and find the light. It will find its way through the darkness and reveal itself. Look for it.

Change your way of thinking to only positive and see what great things you have going. Focus only on that which makes you happy and feel as though you are confident to smile and mean it.

This is a fight or flight kind of school.... fake it til ya make it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I get where you're coming from. Added to that the fact that people have their own set of standards and if anyone has standards different to them then they bring forth their vile and hatred and dump it on said person. What really bugs me are the hypocrites who claim victim status while sleezing around with their own petty secrets. It's enough to get the "black dog" to sink his teeth into your throat. Actually, hit me a couple of days ago and presently I can't even get the emotional energy to do anything. My thoughts are why should I, someone will come along and take anything I have claiming it is their right to do so. bottom line, lie down on the lounge, go to sleep and hopeyoudon't ever ever ever wake up. But you do, and it starts all over again. so yep, OP, I think I get what you're saying
edit on 4-4-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Survival of the fittest so make the best of it little grasshopper!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
australians have a saying for this...

toughen the f.. up princess..

quit whining, get your head out of your rectum and get on with making your own life better.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If this won't motivate you, then nothing will, I know it's tough sometimes, but you gotta keep on.......

In the past 24 months alone life has dealt the following blows to me.

3 consecutive miscarriages. ( DON'T READ IF SQUEAMISH) The 3rd I had to "cut out" at the request of the emergency operator, as it was stuck, my wife was bleeding out fast, and the paramedics had informed the operator that while they were on route, if I could remove it by any means, it would help to thwart a tragedy.

No potential father should have to do that, ever, I'll now probably never have children after that ordeal, as the thought petrifies me.

My wife got massively depressed, had lots of counseling, and due to my putting her first, one of mu businesses suffered huge losses.

Wife decided that counseling wasn't enough, and had an affair.

Wife left with said other man.

My world fell to pieces, both my businesses collapsed, I lost $100k's

6 months after that, pretty much broke, court awards my wife my house, as I didn't want to sell it half renovated. Her name wasn't on the deeds, she never contributed, I bought it, it was my house. I had to move out within a week so that she could sell it and get awarded a massive 40% of the sale value when it sells, which it wont for a long time.

Now homeless and nowhere to go, I bunk around for a few nights until a friend offers me a 6ft by 6ft room to live in.

Then I was being chased down by her family as she racked up 20k worth of debts for them in the period between us splitting and her getting the house rights for sale. For some crazy reason they thought that I was liable :|

4 months on from all that, I'm about to get my own place again, nothing fancy like my house was, but sufficient. I started a new business from NOTHING, and got my first contract about 2 weeks ago, and I have a new partner who is wonderful and supportive.

So, no matter what life throws at you, stay strong, don't quit, and you'll get through it!
edit on 4-4-2013 by fuserleer because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-4-2013 by fuserleer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I feel like I'm not built for this. If life was a boxing match. I wouldn't be boxing because I'm not a boxer..

Well, you are certainly not alone in your sentiments on life...I think we have all been there or, will at least find ourselves there at some point.

Life can suck...I can't argue with that.

We all just have to figure out how to deal with it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Warning, Read at Your Own Risk!

Cosmic Blueprints, for a New Life

FREE COPY

source : www.llresearch.org...
edit on 5-4-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Well, We are ALL going through it.
So you might as well step up to the plate and swing.
Give it your best shot. Try,and Try Again.
Even when the game is Crooked, the odds are in favor of effort.

There is and old saying, "God Helps Them Who Help Themselves".

S&F to you.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Alright, so you got a lot of people telling you that it's going to be ok and it is. You just have to roll with the punches like someone else on here suggested. I jut lost my car, fiancé, and got into a fist fight with my best friend of 9 years. Life happens, and it happened to me in less then a month..plus it was my birthday... And there has been some time when I would love to give up. But then I think of how I sound...selfish. And don't get me wrong I'm paying a lot for therapy now, but only because sometimes I really feal selfish. Things happen to everyone. So while your sitting there thinking about how bad you have it, think of me. I'm in the same boat as you, and its sinking. I'm just using different buckets to keep the water out..

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Cheer up it'll get better.

If life was easy all the time you'd be bored and boring. It's true that hardship builds character, you have 2 decide what kind of character you'll become.

Have fun it won't last forever.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
What do you want? Are you asking for help or just spilling your guts.

Life is full of problems, struggles and suffering. It's what make the great rise to the top. The rest are just cowards.

Which are you?

If you under 16 then I'm sorry, you're just growing up with no one to mentor you. If your older... God help you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join