It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't like life because it is filled with problems, struggles and suffering

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

if you don't want to live life for yourself then live for others who didn't get a chance.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If he was banned it is normally a just decision by our ATS overlords...

If it is due to the nature of his threads and ATS does not want another 'Jared' moment they might have done it to protect themselves and him , if the latter is the case i hope they also notify someone that can get this guy help before he does something silly.

Or he could be a troll ..

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I don't know anything about you, or whatever it is that's causing you to feel the way you do, but you should get some proffesional help before matters get worse! I could be wrong, but to me you sound like a younger person who happens to be going through a period when even the slightest problem can seem a lot bigger than it really is.
I am now sixty four years of age, and saying the years have just flown by is one heck of an understatement! I had a lot of good times when everything seemed green and rosey, though there were many times when the grass seemed greener on the other side of the fence, and of course roses don't last forever. You have to make the most of and enjoy the good times as they come, and take anything that's not so good, and try turning it into a lesson instead of dwelling on it.
Without knowing anything about you, it's hard to say anything else, but no matter what, please get some proffesional help. I've had to do it myself. If my problem was with my teeth I would have seen a dentist!
All the best to you!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
somebody once told me "cheer up, things could be worse" ; so i cheered up and sure enough things got worse!

hope that made you smile!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Honestly, I'd bet that the individuals who have never experienced the unforgiving, cold, and remorseless embrace of reality firsthand have gotten nothing out of life. For most of my life growing up, I was an outcast socially. This led me to the art of self-reflection and getting to know my true self. I have to say, once I realized that I was the only person truly responsible for, and in command of, my emotional state, I've never been happier. Even now, I am in a period of my life where I feel like I'm being knocked down every turn I take. And I mean knocked down HARD. I just accept it and move on. I don't live in a fairytale delusion world, but I just try not to let the negatives bring me down and look for the positives in life.

Life is short, the mere fact that you are the product of an initially random collection of atoms that can now think, and decide, and learn all about the other initially random collections of atoms around you is AMAZING. I mean you are just a moist fragment of The Universe as a whole that managed to integrate itself and replicate to the point that YOU were created. We are literally the universe! It blows my mind every time I think about this. When I truly feel like life has dragged me down and beat me up, that is what I think about. Every time it just leads me to cherish the fact that I am able to experience this miraculous, ridiculous thing called life, however bad it might get.

Or, to get metaphysical, what if the experience we get after this life is worse than our experience now :/ Why have any regrets when you get to that point.

To quote a Tool song, "You're the only one who can hold your head up high."

Be strong and know that there are always people who are willing to help others through difficult times.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Dantose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I feel that way often...

Maybe if you are here, its because you need to learn about boxing...

Life is more about overcoming obstacles than lying in beach enjoying the sun.

Take pleasure from solving problems and evolving the quality of your actions and your consciousness.

Better get used to it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I see you were banned... if you happen to read this, the best advice I can offer you is this...

Learn to embrace the suffering and find the good in everything. In the next world, the suffering is what you're going to miss the most.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
None of us volunteered to exist here. We were stuck here by our parents who rightly or wrongly decided for us.

I have no idea of any purpose to life or whether or not we have souls, so I can't offer anything positive to say that what we're going through has some meaning. Right now I don't think it does.

I can only say that all of us are in the same position. Some just have better luck in life than others. However for everyone that luck runs out eventually. The unfairness of this existence is something we have to cope with.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
reply to post by Bioshock

Hmmm...I think the ban may be due to their posts. Click the OP's name and look at their post titles. Kinda looks like someone who may do something...not nice.

I've seen a couple of people banned very recently with what doesn't seem to be much of a reason (even when looking over all of their posts and even their threads) so maybe there is a mod who thinks themselves a bit big for their britches. Oops, I guess because I questioned the powers that be on ats I might be in deep water. hmmm deny ignorance
Am I now supposed to shake and shudder with fear and anxiety just in case the big man is watching? sorry I won't, but heck, I don't pay for the site so I don't own the sandbox

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Donate your body to science to science and move on.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
True that!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Happiness is a choice you make, not something that happens to you. Sounds like you've chosen to focus attention on the negative and not the positive. Funny thing is, when you decide to focus on the good, you stop taking all the greatness you have for granted.

I was miserable for a long long time. I didn't like where I was and decided that I had enough. I started focusing my energy on the few things I did enjoy and voila, It turned out to change my entire perspective. I don't watch TV much anymore. I get outside and enjoy nature. I'm sure you can find a scrap of things you enjoy, so go for it and start living. It is a simple choice, dwell on the negative or let positive rule your life.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
OP's probably not reading this by now but to any others having the same sentiments:

Your attitude determines your altitude. That's not just a stale platitude! After my divorce many years ago I was in that dark, lonely, hopeless place. It's ok to hang out there a bit. Get a little sympathy etc... Just don't make a career out if it.

When you are depressed and gloomy it comes out in everything you do. Hard to get a job when you walk in with an attitude that says "don't hire me" before you even say a word. The opposite sex doesn't find being the wet blanket in a room attractive either.

I just told myself one day I was going to start having fun, and make a great life of it no matter what got in the way. My struggles and problems did not change or lessen. The way I addressed them improved and became more efficient. I became a fun person. Then people wanted to hire me, and girls wanted to date me.

Now looking at my 40s is more exciting and will be more fun than my 20s. I have an awesome job, and a gorgeous wife. None of that would have happened if I hadn't decided to like, and enjoy myself for who I really am. Life is full of struggles, but they should make you stronger not weaker. Don't cop out with the "but my story is sadder" line either I could spin quite the sob story for you, but I refuse to dwell on it or think that way.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I don't remember volunteering either. Sure it sucks at times, but how it all comes down on your end is really about your attitude. Speaking of which, I'm surprised nobody posted this video yet...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think this thread is for term paper or some other purpose

so I'll bite

problems struggles and suffering lead to solutions, triumph and joy, and that is what is best in life

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

Love it.
Best song from the best movie ever made!!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

i like the Holy grail better

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

i like the Holy grail better

I don't . The Holy Grail is good but I prefer The Life of Brian.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

List your top five fav movies ?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Saying other people have it worse like that one kid in Africa who's going to die because of a lack of food, doesn't really help..

I feel like I'm not built for this. If life was a boxing match I wouldn't be boxing because I'm not a boxer..

I didn't sign up for this...

Then give up! There's too many people around who are willing to try ever under the worse of conditions. You seem to be another case, or issue with to days world. You have some misguided sense that the world owns you something, that things should be easy for you. Well, piss off and stop using up our limited resources here on earth. Maybe if you start over, couple hundred, or thousand years of being dead will give more insigh of what it takes to be here. This is an opportunity to exist in this reality, short as it may be. If your not happy, chances are you won't be happy in any existence you find yourself in. Passing over, and giving yourself back to th collective, my provide the happiness and connection to life your looking for. Don't take it so hard on yourself. It's not your fault. Just remember, try NOT to hurt anyone else as you finish up yout time here.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join