It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't like life because it is filled with problems, struggles and suffering

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain

i like the Holy grail better

I don't . The Holy Grail is good but I prefer The Life of Brian.

"You Lucky lucky Bastard"! "Bloody Jailers Pet"!

Great movie. Seen it a hundred times.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Self-pity is a destructive human mechanism. Suck it up, there, chief. You're here for a reason. If you don't like something about the life you live, it's your obligation to change it.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
"The beauty of this life is its ugliness." Me.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Saying other people have it worse like that one kid in Africa who's going to die because of a lack of food, doesn't really help..

I feel like I'm not built for this. If life was a boxing match I wouldn't be boxing because I'm not a boxer..

I didn't sign up for this...
Actually, as some other posters have indicated, we did sign up for this. And we keep signing up for it in each and every moment that we do not transcend this ever-replicating pattern we call life. To break through this pattern one has to become utterly disillusioned with the trappings of life, which it sounds like you are feeling more and more disillusioned with the so-called "dream life" we are promised and told to pursue.

This world is not in and of itself going to make anyone happy because no matter what, we die, and everyone one we ever have loved already or will love, also dies. So this is not a heaven-world, as you well know. Some people like to claim it is, but this world is a machine of replicating patterns - endlessly changing.

So in some very real sense you are in a good space for discovering what the actual Truth is. No one that is distracted with life in and of itself (whether that be apparently pursuing the "good life", or simply coping as is, or settling into just a sense of despair) will break through this conditional pattern that just keeps spitting out more of the same mediocrity unless we recognize a greater depth. As long as we identify solely with the pattern of life as the body-mind, we are feeding this machine the energy to keep on replicating.

We identify with this life basically because that is what everyone is doing and we have been doing for lifetimes. It is almost universal that everyone believes they are the body-mind. But this needs to be fully inspected because every assumption we make about this life is based on that primary assumption that we are the body-mind.

Are we simply the body-mind? Can anyone prove this? No one has ever proven this, but it is assumed as self-evident because that is what everyone else is doing and from a superficial standpoint, this seems right. But what or who are we really? What never changes? Our awareness or consciousness never changes, never ages, and is the only constant whether waking, dreaming, or sleeping. Find this out via an in depth consideration and inspection of your life altogether.

This understanding is the beginning of breaking the pattern that we have signed up for, and continue to sign up for so long as we are constantly believing that we are fundamentally the body-mind (and thus being born and reborn to here as a result.)

Only in the depth of awareness (which is actually not inside the body-mind nor outside the body-mind) can it be discovered that we are not just these body-minds. This is also NOT to say that we are somehow separate from life as some kind of abstracted mental disposition just watching life.

Recognizing that we are at core awareness or consciousness is a heart-awakening that allows for real love/energy to move through the body-mind and is the basis for seeing life in a very different and free manner - i.e., Reality or Truth is revealed..

I wish you the best, and I appreciate your candid confession.
edit on 6-4-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
You will be fine. You already made it in Life! You were born, that alone is a miracle. Contemplate your existence, as you are doing, but i would urge you to see how miraculous it is that you are even here. A lot of the things that we feel are painful and hard are due to the way we perceive them. You have to power to change your perceptions to your experiences. Say your car breaks down. Yea, it totally sucks but is it really painful? Most of the pain we experience comes from our perception and reaction to it. If we totally freak out over every little thing that happens then sure it all blows. I would just like to share that the majority of suffering is overcome by changing our reactions to the things that happen that we don't like. You are not alone in it. Its great that you post your thought cause its a good way to reach out to others. Remember that you are a miracle... Sounds cheesy but its totally true. You are loved by the universe. You will never be handed more than you can choose to handle. Take care..... Blessings!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Try to find love.,get 8 to 9 hours of good sleep every day,.have a healthy and well balanced diet.,do some daily exercise,,have sex about three times a week(even if you are all by yourself),,find out what you really like to do and if you are doing something that you are not happy with,just quit and follow your soul,you will soon find out what you are looking for,,,learn a craft and try to enjoy the simple things in your life,,,believe in god or a higher being and be thankful to him for all the great things in the world and in your life,,,and above all smile more and enjoy every thing you do even if it is crappy ,,you do most of the above and we talk in a few more months.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Saying other people have it worse like that one kid in Africa who's going to die because of a lack of food, doesn't really help..

I feel like I'm not built for this. If life was a boxing match I wouldn't be boxing because I'm not a boxer..

I didn't sign up for this...

You're right; life isn't worth living. In fact, the number one cause of death is life. Yet, we all still live; why?

Because life is rare. This is the ONLY planet that life thrives on - we have yet to discover more. You will die eventually, so you may as well do something while you wait. What is the purpose of the universe? Had someone told me, I probably would have just killed myself there. Why? Because there would be nothing more to learn. The only thing that keeps us alive is curiosity. "What will my future hold?" You may ask, and in time you will learn.

If you are still reading this, then you have made the right decision. Find 'life' on another planet. There's a website called planethunters.org where you can help scientists search for life by categorizing planets. I'm not going to say I know what you're going through because I'm not going through it. Nobody knows yourself as much as you: you have the choice to become someone great, or you can fall like the rest of our dead.

Everyone will die eventually; do something to make your death worth dying for.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I hope whatever has you down, doesn't keep you down. Life is not supposed to be easy. The way I deal with adversity is to accept it and find the positive. Make lemonade from lemons and any other cliche' you want to insert here. We are here to learn is my belief and lessons come in many forms. It is up to each individual to make a choice. It is okay to be sad and angry as long as you don't let those feelings control you. I have had many things personally to overcome and I am grateful for the information I gained. I use these to help me move forward and face other challenges.

Take care and keep your chin up.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I hope whatever has you down, doesn't keep you down. Life is not supposed to be easy. The way I deal with adversity is to accept it and find the positive. Make lemonade from lemons and any other cliche' you want to insert here. We are here to learn is my belief and lessons come in many forms. It is up to each individual to make a choice. It is okay to be sad and angry as long as you don't let those feelings control you. I have had many things personally to overcome and I am grateful for the information I gained. I use these to help me move forward and face other challenges.

Take care and keep your chin up.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Just sounds like life to me. There are many struggles for all of us(except banksters & the rich). It's how you overcome those struggles that will add to your character and that makes life right along with the good stuff. If everything is easy then your facing the wrong way. Life is what you make it, it won't make itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join