Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I don't like life because it is filled with problems, struggles and suffering

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Saying other people have it worse like that one kid in Africa who's going to die because of a lack of food, doesn't really help..

I feel like I'm not built for this. If life was a boxing match I wouldn't be boxing because I'm not a boxer..

I didn't sign up for this...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Saying other people have it worse like that one kid in Africa who's going to die because of a lack of food, doesn't really help..

I feel like I'm not built for this. If life was a boxing match I wouldn't be boxing because I'm not a boxer..

Nobody signed up for life. Wherever we were born.

But we still go on and do the best we can. Check my sig. Those are the two mottos I live life by.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Look at as a or your soul being guided or forced along depending on intents. And so the struggles and downs are like a chisel to your spiritual self (if you don't let them break you) and so the advancing result is a stronger Soul/Spirit/Internal ENERGY.
So STAY STRONG..

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
At 70 years old, I can agree with your statement "I didn't sign up for this."
However I must say that when you consider the alternative, there is not really much room to complain.
Maybe the doctors were right when they said I was not quite right, but I have seen life as one big challenge after another. It has been a great experience so far.
I hope you will pull out of your apparent slump and recognise it much the same as I do.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Problems help us grow. Don't dwell.

Are you unemployed? Alcohol or drug dependency? Not in a relationship?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

1st and 3rd.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Life wasnt ment to be easy for most of us. We are here to learn how to deal with the cards we are handed.

Its not what happens to you its how you deal with it that defines you as a person/being.

Yes many people suffer much much harder reality and believe me I know that dosent make yours or mine any easier.

But if we dont learn our lessons this time we have to come back and do it all over again.

Maybe check out Ramtha on google if you get a chance.

Peace and Good Will to You. Hope you deal well.
edit on 4-4-2013 by lunchmanstan because: PS: actually you did sign up for this we all did

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Oh join the club! You'll get yer chocolate Noddy badge tomorrow,not a day later! Thats if I don't get effed over again+can actualy deliver.SERIAS-SUCK IT UP-it is what it is. SORRY ,i know im being a hardcore bitch right now-but DEAL or die.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You need to look at life as a challenge. Why get depressed, get mad. Get motivated to discover what is causing your depressed mood and find a cure. There isn't enough time in this world to worry about things we can do nothing about. You are the king of your kingdom....you are the king of the millions of microbes on your body. Isn't that enough power for people

Now that you have discovered you are not alone, relax and control what you can....Your own life. Don't waste, don't want what you do not need. Now the money you make will go a lot farther. Don't try to be liked by everyone, a few good and loyal friends are enough, keep your family as a staple in your life, even if you have differences.

Be satisfied with what you have and you will be happy. Look at the good and avoid going towards things that cause you hardship. People don't like to hang around people that are depressed. Raising your attitude makes people desire to be around you. People are attracted to people with energy, not a lack of energy.
edit on 4-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

link   

So...what are you going to do?

Are you going to roll with the punches, or go down with the first punch and wait to be counted out?

Do you want to learn how to box to give yourself a chance in your next fight or are you not even going to bother to put your guard up and defend yourself?

There are billions of people that were thrown into this boxing ring, the majority of us have no idea how to box, but we have no choice but to learn how to box as the fight progresses...

There are some that have a natural boxing instint, to the rest of us they seem to have no trouble in the ring, but they still have their moments of doubt about their boxing abilities, they get hurt and take their beatings like the rest of us but they still put their guard up and continue to fight, making the rest of us wonder how they do it...these natural boxers are here to help us, to give advice if it is asked for, they are willing to pass on their boxing knowledge and experience, they are willing to train you, make you strong and skilful in the ring...you just need to seek them out and ask...

....however don't blindly follow their boxing advice, use them as a guide to steer you in the right direction, develope your own fighting style, or try different fighting styles until you find the one you are mmost comfortable with.

With every fight you have in the ring you learn something new about your boxing abilities, which hopefully makes the next fight a little easier.....don't throw the towel in just yet, take a look at your past boxing matches in the ring...at the time it must have seemed like you wouldn't survive the first round, but you are still here, you are still in the ring, you still have a chance to be victorious...

When your opponent seems invincible, seems to big to even try to fight, as long as you can stare him in the eye and come out fighting when the bells rings you have already won... no matter what the result of the fight may be...

I hope your pre-fight nerves don't get the better of you, every and any person that is thrown into this ring has pre-fight nerves, they have doubts, some show it, some don't...

Keep your gloves on...when your next fight comes up and your opponent throws a right hook your way, try to remeber how you dealt with it the last time a right hook came your way...did you duck or bob and weave? Did it work? If not then try something else...you will learn a lot about your own boxing abilities every time you fight, learn from your fights....before you know it you will be a better boxer and your next bout will not seem so daunting...

Regards

Gnobody

link   
Hey, "I didn't sign up for this", I know, I just haaaaaaaaaaate when some mystic types say I chose to come here as a traumatized, failed, lonesome, and sick individual. The ONLY thing I "learn"ed, was how those situations feel. Duhhhhhhhhh. You must learn to stick your hand in the fire, to learn about the third degree blister.
Bollocks.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Happiness is a state of mind and a choice.

It's not something you get or are given. You decide.

There is no greater truth than that one.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
OP,btw,not at you-at what you tried to convey.Life is meaner an a junkyard rabid dog-when i say DEAL OR DIE-im tryin to do you a solid here.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I've been through the # side of life. Twice. There is no denying it sucks. Homeless, mentally ill, unemployed.
But you can roll over and let life force itself up your tailpipe unprepared, or fight back.
Twice I've come out the other side utterly stinking of roses.
Next time you find yourself in a hole without a shovel, look no further than your own hands. The tools you were born with...
Your life might be crap, but the only one that can fix that is you.
There is little point hiding from the things that worry you, attack them head on, confront them and get them out of your way so you can start rebuilding.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

1st and 3rd.

Those things do not dictate who you are. Please remember that.

I was kicked out of the house at 17 and was homeless, then dropped out of high school in the 11th grade, finally joined the Army (that may not be right for you of course) and moved on. I got away from what I figured was holding me down.

I went back to school, pissed off a lot of people but also caught the attention of others who advanced me to the point where I was was advancing others. In other words, I busted my ass.

I consider it the best and worst decision I have ever made. The best, because of where I am at now, and the worst because of what might have been...but I try not to dwell on that aspect of things. That's the past after all.

Still single, and bitterly happy about that.
But also retired at 48 and still have plenty of years of challenges and adventures ahead of me.

If you're young, there is still time to steer yourself straight. Don't let others define you. Be true to yourself and seek your own path regardless of what others think.

Life can be a long and tiring path, between when we are born and die. But make it worth the journey. Make it yours. And learn from others mistakes as well as your own.

Crap! Now I sound like Mr. Miyagi on the Karate Kid.
Geez, thanks!

But it still holds true.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I so agree. Just the other morning, I was sitting in the quiet, and wondering why this holodeck program we are all stuck in, is based on --parasite-- . The dairy in my fridge, came from forcibly parasiting off nice cows. The catfood for my kittycat is from forcibly parasiting the flesh from factory farm animals, poultry, and fish.
This is the RULE of this whole entire shabang, from the ameoba, to the transnational bankers and geoengineers, and likely any Other humanoid types.
I would like to think that this is indeed a (very horrible) holodeck program, that we can get out of, and even change. (I know, it's a stretch)
I was thinking just today, after yet a repeat family estrangement, already, again, that I have been overstaying my welcome in this life, it -is- time to check out, but there is no fun and easy way to do that. Only scary painfull ways, that could botch up and leave you worse. I just can't get with those options.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

How do you know you didn't sign-up for this?

I have come to the conclusion, based upon people who have had near death experiences, that we all signed up for this hell hole. According to many, we are experiencing the dark side to improve our level of spirituality. The more we experience and understand the struggles, pain, anger, hate, etc... the more we can use that dark experience to improve the level of spirituality in others.

We all signed-up for this, what the hell was I thinking?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Dude, Bro, Hommie, My man.... Woman... I really don't know....

Pending your beliefs...... You posted this in a metaphysical thread.... So I take it you have some spiritual side to you....

If you believe in soul contracts...... YES YOU DID SIGN UP FOR THIS~

When the going gets tough my friend.

It's always darkest before you see any light.

It's hard, It sucks, but these are lesson's your soul came here to learn. These lessons are for you and you alone. If you keep seeing the SAME skip in the record a.k.a same pattern being repeated then you seriously need to start making changes in whatever aspect of life that is.

YOU ARE FULLY EQUIPED FOR THIS LIFE~

Don't feed into negative matters, stiffin up that upper lip soldier and get back in the game.

I've felt like giving up but hey~ These are my lesson's and only I can change what's happening. Even when the outlook is like staring down the barrel of a gun.

YOU will survive~

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Nobody signed up for it.

I know what you mean, though. If you say this world sucks and a heavy voice tells you that people in africa have it worse and don't complain, it just makes you feel even worse and less adequate.

I'll just say that confidence and pride come from experience and struggle. They're not free. The only way to feel good without hard work is to down pills or inject yourself with drugs.

This world requires work. Everything from waking up to cleaning up and potty breaks and showers and cooking your meals and eating and farming vegetables and driving and etc. See, even the necessities of living require work. And then there's school and being a friend to make a friend and college and employment searching and so on. There're obligations to family and spouse and country and so on. None of this is handed to you, you must have the willpower inside yourself and the best way to build it up is to take one step at a time and slowly build up your experience. It's not always easy.
edit on 4-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

None of us signed up for this. It is what it is. Look at it like this: those responsible for that kid in Africa, who's going to die because of a lack of food, will get theirs, in the end. I REFUSE to believe that people can get away with murder and not pray a price. Imagine the pain they're going to feel, for ETERNITY! This life is temporary, and i'm personally looking forward to God's payback, in the eternal life. Those that have been suppressing humanity, over time, will get their just reward!!! Payback is a b!tch!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join