It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman 8 Months Pregnant Tasered? Excessive Police Force?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by Hefficide

I just don't have words. Inexcusable IMO.

While I support and admire those who serve - I dislike that our police departments are currently made up of mostly combat veterans. Their training is to use force - even deadly force - to subjugate an enemy in combat - not to be keepers of the peace and civil servants.

This was a pregnant woman in the United States - not a Taliban insurgent in Afghanistan for Gods' sake.

So if she had a weapon, was getting confrontational and ignoring police direction, and was then resisting arrest, she should be let go just because she's pregnant? Is that what you're saying?

Why are policeman so inadequate that they need a tasers to control a situation. It's just laziness. I think tasers should be banned as they were only supposed to be used for dangerous offenders. Not pregnant women. Tasers have become the weapon of choice for most police officers, "If you don't do what I say i'm going to taser you blah blah". I hope the officer is sacked but in view of the amount of abuse by US cops this is unlikely to happen. They are a law unto themselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
I hope the officer gets fired.
edit on 3-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Oh, I hope for way worse to happen to this piece of trash cop, believe me. Anyone defending this barbaric scumbag needs to get their head checked.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You people who are saying this is "inexcusable" astonish me. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you don't have to listen to police orders, and doesn't mean you can resist arrest.

Infact, its your responsibility as a pregnant woman to do everything you can to protect your unborn child ... INCLUDING AVOIDING PHYSICAL CONFRONTATIONS WITH POLICE OFFICERS!

Wow! The ignorance here.

Resisting arrest ???

The woman tried to explain that she could not lay face down on the floor due to being pregnant. You call that resisting arrest and a good reason and target to tase ?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyed

Originally posted by Hefficide

I just don't have words. Inexcusable IMO.

While I support and admire those who serve - I dislike that our police departments are currently made up of mostly combat veterans. Their training is to use force - even deadly force - to subjugate an enemy in combat - not to be keepers of the peace and civil servants.

This was a pregnant woman in the United States - not a Taliban insurgent in Afghanistan for Gods' sake.

So if she had a weapon, was getting confrontational and ignoring police direction, and was then resisting arrest, she should be let go just because she's pregnant? Is that what you're saying?

Why are policeman so inadequate that they need a tasers to control a situation. It's just laziness. I think tasers should be banned as they were only supposed to be used for dangerous offenders. Not pregnant women. Tasers have become the weapon of choice for most police officers, "If you don't do what I say i'm going to taser you blah blah". I hope the officer is sacked but in view of the amount of abuse by US cops this is unlikely to happen. They are a law unto themselves.

The LEO will come back to work after his paid vacation.....
I agree that tasers should not be used unless you are in danger. It allows LEOs who are dunkin doughnut eaters to not have to worry about physical stamina....Did this cop really think HE was in danger? I don't think so.

On an other note: When I was 8 mos pregnant I had to sleep in a recliner. If someone told me to get down on the ground it would have been nearly impossible! I had to wear flip flops cause I couldn't reach my feet. I carried all out front. The idea of getting slammed into the concrete is crazy.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
How on earth can any officer of the law aim any weapon and pull the trigger on a pregnant woman???

This defies belief!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
How on earth can any officer of the law aim any weapon and pull the trigger on a pregnant woman???

This defies belief!

---

STuff like this SOOOO PISSES ME OFF it reduces my already low opinion of them.

Don't worry --- their due is coming and

MY BRETHREN WILL NOT FORGET....THEIR PUNISHMENT IS COMING!

This video is another I shall save to ensure that WRATH has its due!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

The LEO will come back to work after his paid vacation..... I agree that tasers should not be used unless you are in danger. It allows LEOs who are dunkin doughnut eaters to not have to worry about physical stamina....Did this cop really think HE was in danger? I don't think so.

On an other note: When I was 8 mos pregnant I had to sleep in a recliner. If someone told me to get down on the ground it would have been nearly impossible! I had to wear flip flops cause I couldn't reach my feet. I carried all out front. The idea of getting slammed into the concrete is crazy.

At that point, my feet were so swollen that flip flops were my only option. Its a good thing he was a summer baby!

I also couldn't roll over or get out of bed on the first try.

I sincerely hope her baby is okay after all of that. If that were me, I would be worried sick.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by daryllyn

I see your point but he said on the ground. He could have meant for her to sit on her keister, seeing how she is pregnant and all.

For the umpteenth time: what the officer did was wrong. He should have used other means of restraint rather then the taser. I dont know how many more times I have to say it. *sigh*

It's extremely difficult for a 8month pregnant woman to sit on her kiester without assistance on both sides of her.

It's hard enough to just sit in a chair let alone on the ground.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

This is so infuriating! Some cops are ridiculous. He could have asked her to take a seat. At eight months pregnant no cop should force a woman to lay belly down. This cop better get fired!! Grrrrr!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You people who are saying this is "inexcusable" astonish me. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you don't have to listen to police orders, and doesn't mean you can resist arrest.

Infact, its your responsibility as a pregnant woman to do everything you can to protect your unborn child ... INCLUDING AVOIDING PHYSICAL CONFRONTATIONS WITH POLICE OFFICERS!

Wow! The ignorance here.

She wasn't resisting!! She was telling them she was pregnant and can't get on the ground.
I am currently 7 mths pregnant and I can't even tie my own damn shoes. Those cops more than likely provoked her and immediately assumed she did something wrong. They weren't even listening, she clearly states she is friggin pregnant! You can't move at 8mths and they forced her to the ground. They could have induced labor or hurt her child. She was not threat to them. If they felt threatened by an unarmed 8mth pregnant female then they have serious issues and should find a new line of work.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by WaterBottle

The cops did not tell her to lay on her stomach. Last I knew pregnant women do sleep laying down. There's more to this story than we are told and what we see from the video,

It also doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that when a cop wants you on the ground it's ON your stomach. As a pregnant woman laying on your stomach is not possible and laying down period can be hard for MANY.

it doesn't take a "Phage" to figure that out.

Seriously this was not needed. Leave Phage along for heavens sake.

Bottom line is the police were in the wrong for the force they used against the woman but remember, police aren't robots or cyborgs, they are human just like us.

Exactly so clearly they have more options because they are suppose to be able to think for themselves!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

as my ole auntie used to say "maybe they sit down to pee"

That was utterly uncalled for the poor girl must be I'm sure in pain somewhere after that man handling

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
sue .. get paid

Money is not the answer to everything. What about the harm to the child? The mother's stress, which also harms the baby(ies)? Getting paid as a solution to any trespass has been indoctrinated on us since we can remember. It is time to see beyond this and actually receive real justice for once. If a civilian tased a pregnant woman at his job, what would happen? Punish the officer the same way, with the aggravator of being in a position of authority.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks for the insight. You can clearly hear two different people shout, "She's pregnant!". I wonder what part of that didn't register from his "protect and serve" training?

Unconscionable...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ah...the future, when people who outright attack police officers will be celebrated as heroes.

Even if I were to stop that police officer cold in his tracks for doing wrong....who is going to help me?

How's this, a police officer as soon as I opened my front door opened fire at me, it was an accidental discharge but in order to keep his job they had to give me a charge, assault with a deadly weapon on a peace officer....all I did was open my door 4 inches, then he shot at me. Weapon? none...the door was barely cracked open but since I owned a shotgun they took that from me. Unloaded shotgun, behind me out of his sight, threat to his life.

Now I'm facing 99 years for something that should not have ever happened....I even wrote our damn president.

Yea, I can't wait for the day I can do some justice and sink back into the shadows, you may say it takes a coward to live this way but I'd rather die free or die period than ever go back.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The cop is probably racist, sexist, and has a giant ego. Excuse me for the seemingly ignorant post. Being a woman of color (mixed color but color none the less!) I have dealt with being profiled by the police many times and I've never actually done anything wrong!! They follow me often in my car. Brown girl in a BMW MUST mean she sells drugs, etc. She couldn't have actually earned that money honestly. I get pulled over ALL THE TIME for no good reason. And usually end up getting a ticket for some reason or another. It later gets thrown out, but I have to deal with the hassle none the less.

The police escalated this situation as they usually do in almost every situation. THEY do not stay calm when THEY are the ones who need to stay calm. THEY start shouting and drawing weapons. So what happens to us? Our instincts kick in and we react. Nobody (including cops) can think clearly and reasonably when our adrenaline and our fight or flight instincts are flooding our body.
If she wanted to yell and scream and go all crazy, they should have just let her. Hand cuff her and sit her butt down on the ground until everyone calmed down. All the cop did was make himself look like an emotionally challenged school boy.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

How's this, a police officer as soon as I opened my front door opened fire at me, it was an accidental discharge but in order to keep his job they had to give me a charge, assault with a deadly weapon on a peace officer....

Thats horrific. It should come out in court. If not, you don't have a good enough lawyer. Others were there on his side of the door, they should be subpoenaed. Request a jury trial. Take the stand.

How could he miss at that range unless it was accidental? Was he a rookie? Did he have work done on his gun? Like a hair trigger? Why were their guns out if they "knocked"? You answered, that alone should show you were not combative. Etc, etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

oh I'm absolutely seething just bringing up the memory again....

If everything works out then I'm going to take the settlement to run as mayor and sack every officer that was involved.

If things were fair, that cop should be on trial for attempted murder.

No one knocked, they have tape of me screaming for whoever was messing with my bushes to identify themselves...repeatedly with no answer.

Knocked me over, took me out, dug their bullet out and left.
Next day, man arrested, no shots fired.

edit on 4-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

If I were in this situation and my wife was pregnant. The second I hear or saw her being stunned AFTER she said repeatedly "I can´t lie on the ground, I´m pregnant", hell would break loose. There would be nothing that would stop me from tearing those assholes apart. After all, the life of my unborn child and that of my wife would be at risk.
I could not guarantee that I wouldn´t tick out and try everything to protect my family, I would bite, scratch, break bones and necks to protect my family.

Any police officer that thinks a pregnant women, on a parking lot, has to be forcefully taken down with a Taser WEAPON isn´t the right one to "protect and serve", or however they name their slogan in the US.

I mean, there has to be a topic in the police school about handling pregnant women. If she threatens your life and others with a weapon, its another thing.
However, we do not know what happened before the video starts.

To those saying a pregnant women should not "mess" with police.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is why everyone should be able to open carry.

I am not advocating violence against police but I am insinuating that police would probably have better manners and reconsider rash unneeded violent acts against the populace if all citizens were armed.

Just offering another perspective.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join