It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman 8 Months Pregnant Tasered? Excessive Police Force?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am sorry if this was posted already.
This story is horrifying to me....
The cop clearly yells that he does not care that she is pregnant.
She called the police for help regarding a car accident she was in!
Sorry, my blood is BOILING over this!!!!!!!

Lucinda White Tased Video

I know this is a knee jerk reaction, but come on. All of this could have been avoided. I just think LEO seem to go a little too far sometimes...

edit on 3-4-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I just don't have words. Inexcusable IMO.

While I support and admire those who serve - I dislike that our police departments are currently made up of mostly combat veterans. Their training is to use force - even deadly force - to subjugate an enemy in combat - not to be keepers of the peace and civil servants.

This was a pregnant woman in the United States - not a Taliban insurgent in Afghanistan for Gods' sake.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Star... Heff.... I feel the same way.... My Fiance' gave birth to my beautiful Lillian 9 months ago and I remember seeing something like this... I almost hit the roof... And though I'm w/ Heff I respect the law and those that serve, this just hits a chord that takes me to a bad place....

I remember telling my fiance' that if something like this happened to her..... (Deleted) as I don't want to more points taken away for T&C and explicit language~

Use your imagination for the above stated, as if someone touches my family, I'm touching them the same way~

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't condone the force the officers used, I think it was unacceptable, other means could've and should've been used.

However, playing devils advocate, when you obstruct justice you should expect to be dealt with. I also find it ironic that you only see what the person recording wants you to see. I don't recall seeing how the whole incident started or what led up to where the video begins in the Youtube video.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You people who are saying this is "inexcusable" astonish me. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you don't have to listen to police orders, and doesn't mean you can resist arrest.

Infact, its your responsibility as a pregnant woman to do everything you can to protect your unborn child ... INCLUDING AVOIDING PHYSICAL CONFRONTATIONS WITH POLICE OFFICERS!

Wow! The ignorance here.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I just don't have words. Inexcusable IMO.

While I support and admire those who serve - I dislike that our police departments are currently made up of mostly combat veterans. Their training is to use force - even deadly force - to subjugate an enemy in combat - not to be keepers of the peace and civil servants.

This was a pregnant woman in the United States - not a Taliban insurgent in Afghanistan for Gods' sake.

So if she had a weapon, was getting confrontational and ignoring police direction, and was then resisting arrest, she should be let go just because she's pregnant? Is that what you're saying?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Statement from Paul Newman, who is employed by the news station that covered this.

He was there, watching it all unfold on Saturday.

"They told her get down on the ground face down, and she's trying to plead with them 'I can't get on the ground, I'm pregnant. I can't do that,' and they told her once again. And she, she's just trying to plead with them and then right away they hit her with the taser," said Newton.

Newton says Thomas appeared to get more aggressive when officers threatened to tase his pregnant girlfriend. "I thought she was trying to comply with them, but I, it sounds like she was worrying about her pregnancy and she didn't want to get face down on the ground," said Newton.

There is absolutely no good reason to tase a pregnant woman. Period.

I have been pregnant a few times and at 8 months along, it is difficult to even tie your shoes at that point, and laying on your belly on concrete is completely out of the question! I have a hard time believing that they would even ask that of her being that she was so far along.

I hope the officer gets fired.
edit on 3-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Thug life. That's how they do. I have a feeling that this happens more frequently than we know of. Why resist if you know you're in the wrong? Hell, why resist if you're wrong? It'll only make matters worse. And the scary thing is that when that baby grows up it'll act just like it's parents.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I don't condone the force the officers used, I think it was unacceptable, other means could've and should've been used.

However, playing devils advocate, when you obstruct justice you should expect to be dealt with. I also find it ironic that you only see what the person recording wants you to see. I don't recall seeing how the whole incident started or what led up to where the video begins in the Youtube video.

Hell broke loose after the man she accuses of hitting her car at best buy denied it, and Springfield police were called to resolve the situation.

Apparently, things escalated after the guy denied hitting the woman's car in a best buy parking lot.

She was technically the victim, if the story is truthful about that detail. I wasn't able to watch the video, I only read the text. The video is 'currently unavailable'.

edit on 3-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Thug life. That's how they do. I have a feeling that this happens more frequently than we know of. Why resist if you know you're in the wrong? Hell, why resist if you're wrong? It'll only make matters worse. And the scary thing is that when that baby grows up it'll act just like it's parents.

Exactly.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Where does it say anything about her having had a weapon? The article doesn't mention one at all, unless I missed it.

In fact what the article says is that they were telling her to get face down on the ground and that she was cooperating but explaining that she could not lay face down due to being pregnant.

Ignorance indeed.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree with you. How would anyone respond to their wife getting tased when she's 8 months pregnant. I just hope that the baby is alright.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

In fact what the article says is that they were telling her to get face down on the ground and that she was cooperating but explaining that she could not lay face down due to being pregnant.

I am still failing to understand how they could have expected her to do that. That is a completely unreasonable request. I know they are men and might not be able to relate to pregnancy, but, do they have no common sense?

I really hope that this isn't dropped and forgotten about like so many of these types of cases are.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

They may have thought she was obese and claiming to be pregnant.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Watching the video again, why was the officer yelling to the other officer to hurry up? Me thinks something wasn't recorded or shown to us for a reason.
The woman is pregnant, 8 months, yet she still acts like an animal? She's using her pregnancy as an excuse to be a butt hole. smh. It's people like that that need weeded out of the gene pool because every generation only gets worse than the previous.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the cop that tased her,. should have his face kicked in,.
Its like these guys are just looking for a reason to wield authority.

Funny how the Government is so concerned with the common
citizen needing a in depth background check and a possible mental health
evaluation to buy a gun,. but it is ok for sooo many cops like this to punch, kick
taze and Own a gun without question..This guy needs to retire

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Protect and serve!?? Phew that's what I'd call it. It's ridiculous what the police are resorting to. I guess she's lucky they didn't just shoot her!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndRedSun

We don't know that the officers weren't attacked, we don't know of anything that happened prior to the officer yelling to his partner to hurry up because it wasn't recorded or was edited out. Did you watch the video?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
She is 8 months pregnant. Regardless of her belligerence, she is most certainly not a THREAT to the officers in such a way that a tazer is required to keep the officer safe.

If tazers are now to be used in any situation where compliance with an officer isn't achieved, don't be surprised when an officer is shot for using it in a situation where it is most certainly not warranted to keep the officer safe.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Cops are nothing but thugs that enforce the status quo......how else would you expect them to behave?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join