It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman 8 Months Pregnant Tasered? Excessive Police Force?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

You people who are saying this is "inexcusable" astonish me. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you don't have to listen to police orders, and doesn't mean you can resist arrest.

Telling the cops you cannot lay on the ground because you're pregnant is resisting arrest now?

And uh, 2 grown men can subdue a female without using a taser....

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

The cops did not tell her to lay on her stomach. Last I knew pregnant women do sleep laying down. There's more to this story than we are told and what we see from the video, it doesn't take a "Phage" to figure that out.
Bottom line is the police were in the wrong for the force they used against the woman but remember, police aren't robots or cyborgs, they are human just like us.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Sorry. Physical harm against a pregnant woman is not excusable under any circumstance, period (only except in maybe the rarest, most extreme circumstances).
edit on 4-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

I hope that reply wasn't directed towards me. If so you didn't read all of my posts and are nit picking. Because only one individual in the entire thread stated it was ok to harm the pregnant woman.
If it wasn't directed towards me I apologize for the above.
No hard feelings.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Let's just embed the video so you can watch it again....

The cops did not tell her to lay on her stomach.

Wrong. The cops say "get on the ground or you'll get tased". She then says she can't because she is pregnant. He then tases her, then throws himself on top of her.

There's more to this story than we are told and what we see from the video

Don't care if there is, it's irrelevant to the force being used. Two men do not need a taser in order to subdue a woman, especially after she tells you she is pregnant over and over again.

Last I knew pregnant women do sleep laying down.

Not an 8 month pregnant one

police aren't robots or cyborgs, they are human just like us.

And? I'm human and I know I'm surely not going to go into a rage and taser a pregnant woman because she said she couldn't get on the ground because she was pregnant.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Combat Vets are trained in interpersonal communication, organization, structure, non-lethal means of force, and deadly force just to name a few things. They make perfect LEOs.

That being said, this is complete bull#. The cop who TASER'd her should be fired. If she was visibly pregnant, there is no right to utilize an EMD weapon on her unless she was brandishing a weapon. The most force the officer should have had to use was application of restraints and asking her to sit down.

This is what happens when cops confuse their authority with the rights of citizens.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Another day in home of the free.

The public(debt slaves) must submit to the public "officials" that are no longer our public "servants".

How dare we not obey them with out question while giving them our utmost respect as they stamp in our faces with their jackboots.

I'm sure the cop feels she should apologize for making him "have" to tase her.

A lot sure has changed in the past 30 years.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
sue .. get paid

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

wow, if i knew you could just shoot people and taze them and beat the utter #$%& out of them for not following directions i woulda become a cop that #$%^ looks FUN!!!

is that in the training videos or something? now if people all had guns this cop wouldnt be tazing this woman with 50 guns pointed at him would he. either that he woulda been pistol whiped sooner.

this is why you never call cops, even after the fact they are not here to protect you,

they are here to serve the corporations,,,, supreme court justice on 2 different cases.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by kimish

Let's just embed the video so you can watch it again....

The cops did not tell her to lay on her stomach.

Wrong. The cops say "get on the ground or you'll get tased". She then says she can't because she is pregnant. He then tases her, then throws himself on top of her.

^^^ that above, you contradicted yourself.
See it? They say "get on the ground" they do not say "lay on your stomach" or "lay down on your stomach". So clearly she is resisting.
Now, I'll state this again, for like the third time. I do not agree how the officer handled it, meaning I don't agree with her being tazed.
edit on 4-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

lol, and pregnant (at 8 months) women don't sleep laying down?
C'mon. I'm going to assume you've had a few drinks when you posted that reply. I know you're an intelligent individual so honestly, I'm a little baffled lol. No hard feelings.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
You people who are saying this is "inexcusable" astonish me. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you don't have to listen to police orders, and doesn't mean you can resist arrest.

Infact, its your responsibility as a pregnant woman to do everything you can to protect your unborn child ... INCLUDING AVOIDING PHYSICAL CONFRONTATIONS WITH POLICE OFFICERS!

Wow! The ignorance here.

I do agree with you on this, as a pregnant woman she should not take any actions that could lead to her unborn baby being harmed. But on the other hand, tasing a pregnant woman should be the last resort. I bet that if he tried he could of restrained her with a bit of physical force instead of possible harming the baby.

We didn't see much of the video, it starts off with an altercation at the car, then you just see the officer swoop in and go taser happy.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
@kimish
@Ryanssuperman

wow...ignorance, AND veiled bigotry......OUTSTANDING JOB,GENTLEMEN!

/sarcasm

and people wonder why i've lost almost all hope for humanity...grow up, boys..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by WaterBottle

The cops did not tell her to lay on her stomach. Last I knew pregnant women do sleep laying down. There's more to this story than we are told and what we see from the video, it doesn't take a "Phage" to figure that out.
Bottom line is the police were in the wrong for the force they used against the woman but remember, police aren't robots or cyborgs, they are human just like us.

But, kimish... What do officers typically mean when they say 'get on the ground'? I think we have all seen enough episodes of Cops to know that it means face down in the prone position.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

that's what happens when you get lazy cops.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWESteel

that's what happens when you get lazy cops.

I think it was more of a power trip than anything, honestly.

As some pointed out, they may have thought she was lying about being pregnant, but, to me that is not a valid excuse for what went down.

As a mom, I just hope her baby is okay after all of that.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I'm sorry you missed the few times I stated that I don't condone the officers actions and another method of restrainment should've been used. Cherry pick much?
I'm just trying to figure out the whole scenario because the video lacks footage leading up to where it starts from. If you would have read my posts thoroughly you would have realised that.
*Crawls back into hole*

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I see your point but he said on the ground. He could have meant for her to sit on her keister, seeing how she is pregnant and all.

For the umpteenth time: what the officer did was wrong. He should have used other means of restraint rather then the taser. I dont know how many more times I have to say it. *sigh*

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I didn't mean to sound as if I thought you condoned their actions.

Just to be clear

He clearly made a mistake and it was just all around an unfortunate situation.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
When the cop got there the other officer was indicating that he was in distress. The taser guy didnt have time to really ascertain anything but that the other cop was surrounded and asking for help, he tased her right off the bat. The woman had her back to him when he first put the taser on and no one said anything to him about being pregnant right off.

Dont know why a pregnant woman is helping her man wrestle with a cop anyway.

The other cop may have thought they were going for the others gun.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
OY VEY!!

I am just now able to get back onto the ATS site after yesterdays meltdown!

Talk about needing a fix. I thought I was gonna go crazy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join