It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Christians Be As Violent As Muslims If Their Religion Was Threatened?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
What does the bible say to Christians

Question: "How should a Christian respond to persecution?"

Answer: There’s no doubt that persecution is a stark reality of living the Christian life. The apostle Paul warned us that “everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted” (2 Timothy 3:12). Jesus told us to expect persecution from the world because if they persecuted Him, they will persecute His followers also. Jesus has made it very clear to us that those of the world will hate us because they hate Him. If Christians were like the world—vain, earthly, sensual, and given to pleasure, wealth, and ambition—the world would not oppose us. But Christians do not belong to the world which is why they hate and persecute us (John 15:18-19). Christians are, or should be, influenced by different principles from those of the world. We are motivated by the love of God and holiness, while the world is driven by the love of sin. It is our very separation from the world that arouses the world's animosity toward us. The world would prefer that we were like them; since we are not, they hate us (1 Peter 4:3-4).

Read more: www.gotquestions.org...

Your assumptions are based on your belief not scriptural Christian teachings

2/3 of the Earth's believers are Christian. You guys literally rule the entire Earth right now, and with an iron fist, I might add. You people haven't been persecuted for quite a while, and when it's been reported, it's been local Islamists or other types of non-Christian indigenous people fighting against corporations and/or US-backed takeovers of their lands, labor and resources.

Christ...your statement is 2000 years old. This is the 21st century. Not the 1st century. Christian persecution died out with Nero.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I agree here. The above statements and even scriptural citations are indicative of the time period they were written in. Long, long ago.

SINCE THEN, it has mostly been the Christians DOING the persecuting.

Hell, the KKK is a Christian organization.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
prolly not now days because they are all weak losers..

but back in the day if you look at history I would say that they are the same if not worse then muslims

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would also preempt the common Christer response to my comment about the KKK being a Christian organization.

The typical response would be, "but they aren't true Christians because..."
Then they would cite Jesus telling his disciples the traits of a Godly man.

And that's all well and good. Except for the fact that your bible is so open to interpretation that there are literally thousands of differing takes on it all.
Just like the Koran. Islamic fundamentalists hate Jews and Christians both based on faulty, out of context views of scripture. In reality, the Koran does not tell Muslims to hate Christians or Jews.

Yet, Christianity's consensus view paints all Muslims as hateful Jew Bashers.

So, quid pro quo. Christianity villifies Islam based on the actions of its fundamentalists, I villify Christianity on the view of ITS fundamentalists.

And its EXCEEDINGLY bloody and barbaric past.

This is your bed. Lie in it.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
prolly not now days because they are all weak losers..

but back in the day if you look at history I would say that they are the same if not worse then muslims

The difference now is that Christian societies are the most powerful societies on Earth, and Muslims are backed so far into a corner that they're literally blowing themselves up on their enemies out of complete resignation to the overwhelming power that those Christian societies have over their lives and their homelands. Think about it. You don't strap a bomb vest on if you have any reason to think that you've got a snowball's chance in hell. You do it if you see yourself as that mouse in the cartoon that's giving the incoming hawk the finger as that raptor is sweeping in to take that mouse out for dinner.

The modern Evangelical community imagines itself to be heroically battling against constant persecution. It's about a fixation on drama and the need to feel chosen and special. I have a suspicion that if I was given access to a handful of them for a hour, I could easily have them giving me a beatdown. And it wouldn't be hard to make it happen.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Malcher

I said it was more likely in comparison. I didn't say it was common. Although I have seen it in my own life, and the lives of others. Persecution doesn't have to be violent either. There are many ways to persecute someone.

True. Try getting elected to even Dogcatcher in the US if you're a public Atheist. Impossible. Most American equate Atheism with Satanism.

If more people blamed satanism/luciferianism for the world's evil rather than christians/muslims/jews I think the world would be a better place. But people keep thinking it is for wild children in caves who do drugs and have sex.

Scapegoating is easy. Putting blame where it should be is hard!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Just to point out an error it is about a third of religious folk.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I agree here. The above statements and even scriptural citations are indicative of the time period they were written in. Long, long ago.

SINCE THEN, it has mostly been the Christians DOING the persecuting.

Hell, the KKK is a Christian organization.

A Christian organization would not have a leader called "Wizard" or "Grand Wizard". Wizards are explicitly forbidden in Christianity. It is clear on Wizards and Wizadry.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Just to point out an error it is about a third of religious folk.

en.wikipedia.org...

oops

Thanks. That's still, by far, the largest segment of the Earth's population.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

It is a title. Not a proclamation of power.

Also, see above.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Not really. Hindus out number Christers.
edit on 1-4-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Not being an asshat or owt
just didn't want Christians thinking they have 2/3rds of the pie

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Malcher

I said it was more likely in comparison. I didn't say it was common. Although I have seen it in my own life, and the lives of others. Persecution doesn't have to be violent either. There are many ways to persecute someone.

True. Try getting elected to even Dogcatcher in the US if you're a public Atheist. Impossible. Most American equate Atheism with Satanism.

If more people blamed satanism/luciferianism for the world's evil rather than christians/muslims/jews I think the world would be a better place. But people keep thinking it is for wild children in caves who do drugs and have sex.

Scapegoating is easy. Putting blame where it should be is hard!

Satanists? Luciferians? These are the folks mucking up everything?

Any names you can offer?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

No 2.1 billion Christians
1 billion Hindus

At least there are 1.1 billion seculists/non religious/agnostic/atheist to keep em all in check

link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Maybe you folks that frequent this forum can help settle an argument I'm having with a friend of mine. She says that if Atheists acquired information that could literally transform the way that people who live in the modern world perceive religion - and Christianity in particular - and began to succeed in peeling off impressive numbers of theists from (specifically) Christianity as a result of the powerful nature of that information, that there'd be no overtly aggressive reaction from any Christian groups against the Atheists whose information campaign had transformed the public debate. I say that there would be an overtly aggressive reaction, and that these Atheists would be in grave danger.

What do you folks think would be the reaction. I'm aware that there are about 30 million Evangelical Christians living in the US alone. Who knows how many other kinds of Christians there are, but as I see it, the violence potential primarily exists within the ranks of the 30 million or so Evangelicals. Hell, if even .01% decide that their god has approved of the elimination of these Atheists - preventing the damnation of millions as a direct result of their elimination - that's still 30,000 potential Christian jihadists from this one society alone.

Now, keep in mind that what I'm talking about is a real game changer, as far as what these Atheists possess. Not the usual Richard Dawkins drivel. Serious information that's crumbling the Christian credibility from one end of the globe to the other.

Christians are threatened every day. In case you don't know, it is the Islams that are doing most of the slaughter of Christians. As for atheists, they are no threat to Christians because any argument they have they always have to end with the words, "nobody really knows...." So no one takes them too seriously.

And lastly, Christianity isn't crumbling at all. There have always been Christians, and there will still be Christians when Jesus Christ returns. And at that time there will only be Christians.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

Ha

Once again, a believer that is threatened by someone simply presenting the premise being suggested. This may end up being very telling. I love it. I mean, it's not as if anyone is forcing anyone to even respond to the question being posed, or insisting that the premise itself is representative of a fact that exists. And yet, it's as if the Jesus god is compelling the faithful to stridently dismiss the thread's premise.

So, Fromabove, what would happen to you if you had simply ignored the thread's premise and let it stand without your publicly stated dismissal? Would it have been a sin of omission? I'm curious.

How could I, being a Christian just simply allow such a post to go unanswered. The post presupposes that not only is Christianity crumbling, which would be an incorrect statement in and of itself, but also that Christians are somehow violent, which again would be an incorrect statement. This would only be true in your mind and or maybe in the mind of the atheist who would like nothing better than to be rid of Christianity once and for all. They tend to concentrate all of their efforts on this one religion in particular to pursue some secret god fantasy they have that they can somehow defeat or demise God. And even if you're not an atheist, your reasoning is way off as is your argument which is rather illogical.

The people of the Jesus God are not the violent ones, the Islams are. Let me pose a question to everyone....

Would Islamists become violent if atheists said even half of the insulting things they say to Christians at them ? If atheists and Christian haters and bashers suddenly started bashing Islam and their prophet and the Quran, would they turn to violence and go after them ?

link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Not being an asshat or owt
just didn't want Christians thinking they have 2/3rds of the pie

Oh...they think that they're still being fed to lions in every neighborhood on Earth...except the one they're in at the moment, of course. It's a very dramatic, paranoid mindset for the most devout among them. There are literally devils and antichrists everywhere.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Can you cite your numbers please?

link   
reply to post by Fromabove

It is crumbling at least in the uk see my links in my other post.

Plus the actual number is lower than the census in 2011 because people just tick the box Christian when they are not.

humanism.org.uk...

link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Malcher

It is a title. Not a proclamation of power.

I am just telling you a Christian can never call themselves a wizard. They take that seriously.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Perfect example in this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join