It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Christians Be As Violent As Muslims If Their Religion Was Threatened?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by LoneGunMan

In western society, atheists and pagans are more likely to suffer persecution than Christians by far. And usually, by Christians.

Who are you referring to?

I have never felt persecuted, and i never witnessed atheist or pagan persecutions.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I said it was more likely in comparison. I didn't say it was common. Although I have seen it in my own life, and the lives of others. Persecution doesn't have to be violent either. There are many ways to persecute someone.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There would certainly be elements in Christianity that would take up arms. Vatican II went to great lengths to determine what constitutes a just war -- since the Vatican has determined that there is such a thing that would open the way to Christian violence.

However, I think it more likely that you will find people you never expected cutting non-Christians from their lives as they are growing tired of the increasing level of ridicule that they are subjected to by certain members of secular society. That is not to say that certain self identified Christians have not helped to pave the way for this scenario and a lot of other Christians (myself included) have coasted too long on "lukewarm". We believe but didn't want to offend or call others out when they offended us. I at least am moving on to the calling out stage. I could never see myself being violent (except to protect a child...I would admit that despite the teachings of my religion I would do whatever needed doing to ensure safety).

On a final note, yes Christianity and Islam are converting religions and both have a fair amount of violence under their heading historically. That doesn't mean that those who did the violence were good or true examples of either faith. And, because this point is so often missed: Muslims do not consider Jews or Christians to be infidels. In hardcore Islam infidels historically got the choice to convert or die. Christians and Jews are People of the Book and get to carry on with their faith upon stating it. Has it always happened that way? No. In fact I think there is a fair amount of purposeful division propagated between the members of the major faiths of the world. The last thing the religion haters want is a united front of the Abrahamic faiths.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

I said it was more likely in comparison. I didn't say it was common. Although I have seen it in my own life, and the lives of others. Persecution doesn't have to be violent either. There are many ways to persecute someone.

I dont think there is any way to know for sure.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

It is a flawed premise, since there is no, 'game changing' information given. Furthermore, 'Christian' violence is already well known already, as is 'Muslim' violence. I don't see the point.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic. Star and flag, OP.

I'm inclined to believe that they would attempt to rationalize whatever it is that was presented to them. Heck, the entire religion is made up of rationalizations and contradictions. Resurrection? "Totally true." Talking snake? "IT WAS A METAPHOR!!! STOP TRYING TO POKE HOLES IN OUR RELIGION!" They'd just conveniently form new opinions and shuffle around their existing beliefs.

Eventually though, it'd be clear that they couldn't do anything to reconcile the facts with their beliefs, and yeah, then I believe they would get violent.

I'd bet that the Catholic Church has been aware of and covered up just about anything that could be damning to the Christian religions, though.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

lies cannot and will not dispel Truth,

You cannot get rid of Truth with lies.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Your question overlooks a key - the tares mature.
Your question overlooks a key - multiple religious groups ruled Judea (the world).
Your question overlooks a key - the world chooses the 'son of the father' Barabbas

One of faith in Jesus Christ does the will of the Father. If you do not know the will of Our Creator, what hope do you have of identifying a Christian? How will you tell the wheat from the tares? How will you ever understand that Judea is the world at the end of this age? How will you understand that the tares are already being baptised with the false anointing and reconciling with the pagan religions, rising up in a world Sanhedrin? How will you ever understand that the world has been uniting in one language to build the last tower? How will you ever understand that those IN Christ are the target as Jesus Christ was the target? How will you ever understand that He came to His own, and they rejected Him? How will you ever understand that this symbolic of the last days of judgement, whereby most of the world are those who reject Him? How will you understand that those in the world today are like Judea, putting their God on a sham trial and never understanding that they are the ones being judged?

Yes, a large percentage of those who call themselves Christians will persecute and be as violent as those in Judea 2,000 years ago. Why? For the same reasons that they crucified Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ - envy, control, religion, earthly power etc. These Christians are already publically identifying all Christians who refuse their 'second anointing' and their 'miracles' as demon possessed and Antichrists, and this assessment extends to non-Christians. They are already reconciling with the RCC as the anti catholic MSM switches to a love fest with the RCC, pushing their growing ties with Buddhism and the ever popular 'brotherhood of man' Freemasobry message.

Man wants man, not His Creator.

But understand this, the world's religions are uniting under a false saviour - Freemasonry, apostste Christianity, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shamanism, Judaism, Islamic mystics, theosophy, New Age and atheism - all are uniting under wicked man and his tower. All are in Satan's armies because all are enemies and adversaries of their Creator. And in the end, most all choose adam and not Jesus Christ, the new creation.

So to me OP, the important question would be, what IS the gospel of Jesus Christ. Without it, you are defenceless against a Christian tare preaching Christ, defensless against the preaching of Judaism's Christ, defenceless against a Freemason preacher, defenceless against a New Age version of Jesus Christ and defensless against the UN version of Christ. You are defensless ands you will agree with the one who has indoctrinated you the most.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

True. Try getting elected to even Dogcatcher in the US if you're a public Atheist. Impossible. Most American equate Atheism with Satanism.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
People are violent with or without religion.

Whats the difference if its goverment or Allah or God.

Not much

The deal is people are looking at the wrong things when they should be looking at themselves altho people do love to have scapegoats that way they don't have to take responsiblity for anything.

Them evil Christians, Them evil Muslims and person of God knows the greatest lesson taught in religion: forgiveness,turning the other cheek, do on to others as they have them do unto you.

Those lessons are lost on Christians,Muslims, and Athesits no matter where you go or what you believe ther are always bad "apples" in the bunch always will be.
edit on 1-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

One simply look at Christianity's ultra violent past to see that, yes, Christian's are not above acting like barbarians.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
People are violent with or without religion.

Whats the difference if its goverment or Allah or God.

Not much

The deal is people are looking at the wrong things when they should be looking at themselves altho people do love to have scapegoats that way they don't have to take responsiblity for anything.

Them evil Christians, Them evil Muslims and person of God knows the greatest lesson taught in religion: forgiveness,turning the other cheek, do on to others as they have them do unto you.

Those lessons are lost on Christians,Muslims, and Athesits no matter where you go or what you believe ther are always bad "apples" in the bunch always will be.
edit on 1-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I disagree, the whole humus of a human being is to live in peace.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

It is a flawed premise, since there is no, 'game changing' information given. Furthermore, 'Christian' violence is already well known already, as is 'Muslim' violence. I don't see the point.

And you know this....how?

But that's beside the point. The premise is what it is. The fact that you don't "see the point" means nothing. I actually expected a lot more of you guys popping in to declare that no such information exists. That sort of flat out dismissal, when countered with overwhelming revelation, often races quickly to inappropriate levels of belligerence and emotionalism. Just the kind of thing I'm wondering about.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I disagree, the whole humus of a human being is to live in peace.

Feel free while actions speak louder than words, for over 10,000 years of murder,and warfare show what the real deal is.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Your question overlooks a key - the tares mature.
Your question overlooks a key - multiple religious groups ruled Judea (the world).
Your question overlooks a key - the world chooses the 'son of the father' Barabbas

Your references aren't widely known, and definitely not part of the traditional narrative. That being the case, my question didn't overlook any of the keys you've offered. Your keys don't pertain to the Christian narrative.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Maybe you folks that frequent this forum can help settle an argument I'm having with a friend of mine. She says that if Atheists acquired information that could literally transform the way that people who live in the modern world perceive religion - and Christianity in particular - and began to succeed in peeling off impressive numbers of theists from (specifically) Christianity as a result of the powerful nature of that information, that there'd be no overtly aggressive reaction from any Christian groups against the Atheists whose information campaign had transformed the public debate. I say that there would be an overtly aggressive reaction, and that these Atheists would be in grave danger.

What do you folks think would be the reaction. I'm aware that there are about 30 million Evangelical Christians living in the US alone. Who knows how many other kinds of Christians there are, but as I see it, the violence potential primarily exists within the ranks of the 30 million or so Evangelicals. Hell, if even .01% decide that their god has approved of the elimination of these Atheists - preventing the damnation of millions as a direct result of their elimination - that's still 30,000 potential Christian jihadists from this one society alone.

Now, keep in mind that what I'm talking about is a real game changer, as far as what these Atheists possess. Not the usual Richard Dawkins drivel. Serious information that's crumbling the Christian credibility from one end of the globe to the other.

Christians are threatened every day. In case you don't know, it is the Islams that are doing most of the slaughter of Christians. As for atheists, they are no threat to Christians because any argument they have they always have to end with the words, "nobody really knows...." So no one takes them too seriously.

And lastly, Christianity isn't crumbling at all. There have always been Christians, and there will still be Christians when Jesus Christ returns. And at that time there will only be Christians.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
More wars have been fought over Christian mythology than anything else.
So yeah you would see death lots of it, and witch burnings return.

Fear drives faith without it you lose the masses.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by NorEaster
Maybe you folks that frequent this forum can help settle an argument I'm having with a friend of mine. She says that if Atheists acquired information that could literally transform the way that people who live in the modern world perceive religion - and Christianity in particular - and began to succeed in peeling off impressive numbers of theists from (specifically) Christianity as a result of the powerful nature of that information, that there'd be no overtly aggressive reaction from any Christian groups against the Atheists whose information campaign had transformed the public debate. I say that there would be an overtly aggressive reaction, and that these Atheists would be in grave danger.

What do you folks think would be the reaction. I'm aware that there are about 30 million Evangelical Christians living in the US alone. Who knows how many other kinds of Christians there are, but as I see it, the violence potential primarily exists within the ranks of the 30 million or so Evangelicals. Hell, if even .01% decide that their god has approved of the elimination of these Atheists - preventing the damnation of millions as a direct result of their elimination - that's still 30,000 potential Christian jihadists from this one society alone.

Now, keep in mind that what I'm talking about is a real game changer, as far as what these Atheists possess. Not the usual Richard Dawkins drivel. Serious information that's crumbling the Christian credibility from one end of the globe to the other.

Christians are threatened every day. In case you don't know, it is the Islams that are doing most of the slaughter of Christians. As for atheists, they are no threat to Christians because any argument they have they always have to end with the words, "nobody really knows...." So no one takes them too seriously.

And lastly, Christianity isn't crumbling at all. There have always been Christians, and there will still be Christians when Jesus Christ returns. And at that time there will only be Christians.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

Ha

Once again, a believer that is threatened by someone simply presenting the premise being suggested. This may end up being very telling. I love it. I mean, it's not as if anyone is forcing anyone to even respond to the question being posed, or insisting that the premise itself is representative of a fact that exists. And yet, it's as if the Jesus god is compelling the faithful to stridently dismiss the thread's premise.

So, Fromabove, what would happen to you if you had simply ignored the thread's premise and let it stand without your publicly stated dismissal? Would it have been a sin of omission? I'm curious.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What does the bible say to Christians

Question: "How should a Christian respond to persecution?"

Answer: There’s no doubt that persecution is a stark reality of living the Christian life. The apostle Paul warned us that “everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted” (2 Timothy 3:12). Jesus told us to expect persecution from the world because if they persecuted Him, they will persecute His followers also. Jesus has made it very clear to us that those of the world will hate us because they hate Him. If Christians were like the world—vain, earthly, sensual, and given to pleasure, wealth, and ambition—the world would not oppose us. But Christians do not belong to the world which is why they hate and persecute us (John 15:18-19). Christians are, or should be, influenced by different principles from those of the world. We are motivated by the love of God and holiness, while the world is driven by the love of sin. It is our very separation from the world that arouses the world's animosity toward us. The world would prefer that we were like them; since we are not, they hate us (1 Peter 4:3-4).

Read more: www.gotquestions.org...

Your assumptions are based on your belief not scriptural Christian teachings

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Really It sure is dropping in the UK.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join