It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Christians Be As Violent As Muslims If Their Religion Was Threatened?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Christianity WOULD be as bad as Islam if they had a theocracy that couldn't be overthrown. Look at how bad they want to regulate peoples personal behavior and sexuality. If it was up to the Christians they would ban(and have done so in the past) homosexuality,abortion,females in the workplace,blasphemy,alcohol consumption,premarital sex,condoms,birth control,evolution etc etc.

Just look at the European dark age. The Passion of Christ was a play seen by all to incite fear and hate of all none Christians. The only reason Christians are not dragging Atheists such as myself from our homes and burning us at the stake is because of our secularist laws. We need to keep all religion away from our laws.

I am not picking on Christians here I feel the same way for all religions. Except true Buddhists,they seem chill and open minded.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Well, no. Since there is already quite a lot of threatening action and attitude towards Christianity (and has been for a long time), and there are already people leading some away from that belief system, your circumstances are already happening, and you are not seeing the violence you predict. So, what's the point here?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87
reply to post by Rubic0n

"Your egotistical point of view dictates that you only or mainly see them "attacking" christianity"

Egotistical is what atheism is all about. I've never met a humble atheist, In fact they sort of personify the me, me, me culture.

More generalizations ?

So all Atheists are "me, me ,me myself and i" ....according to you. Quite hard to believe especially if i look at myself as i am quite the opposite of that funnily enough, but thanks for the insult.

But i guess i must be lying and speaking with a snakes tongue according to your world view.

edit on 10-4-2013 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n

reply to post by Rubic0n

"Your egotistical point of view dictates that you only or mainly see them "attacking" christianity"

Egotistical is what atheism is all about. I've never met a humble atheist, In fact they sort of personify the me, me, me culture.

More generalizations ?

So all Atheists are "me, me ,me myself and i" ....according to you. Quite hard to believe especially if i look at myself as i am quite the opposite of that funnily enough, but thanks for the insult.

But i guess i must be lying and speaking with a snakes tongue according to your world view.

You said I four times in your short comment...

Self centered much?

Now what about my world view? I mean, since it's all about you and yours.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Nicks87 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Rubic0n

More generalizations ?

Self centered much?

You just said "i" 2 times and "me" 1 time in that even shorter comment.Saying "me" just once is a no no and worst then "i". See what i did there?

Next time the pope throws around empty promises like: "I will help the poor, I will stand for a better world the, i want world peace, I love the church, "

...Throw him the same senseless comment.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Fact is no one should be killing each other. The only person who is allowed to pass the sentance of death is God himself through jesus.

Of course if a Mad muslim,potty protestant or Crazy catholic came running at me with a knife im allowed to defend myself but at the end of the day any "holy" wars are abhorrant to god.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Rubic0n

More generalizations ?

Self centered much?

You just said "i" 2 times and "me" 1 time in that even shorter comment.Saying "me" just once is a no no and worst then "i". See what i did there?

Next time the pope throws around empty promises like: "I will help the poor, I will stand for a better world the, i want world peace, I love the church, "

...Throw him the same senseless comment.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

Wow, so now you are going to attack the pope? Like that, some how, proves me wrong? You obviously know nothing about the man. I wont even address your other comment because it makes absolutely no sense.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Your argument is built on several points, first, that there is in fact no God, which is false. To produce the evidence you're speaking of, you would have to prove the non-existence of God. But that won't be done. But we will assume I am mistaken. You say...

"if even .01% decide that their god has approved of the elimination of these Atheists - preventing the damnation of millions as a direct result of their elimination - that's still 30,000 potential Christian jihadists from this one society alone."

Setting aside whether 30,000,000 is a fair estimate, and even if your propositions were any less than absurd, it wouldn't make your math correct. .01% would result in 3,000 and not 30,000. But when you are motivated by bias, a mistake in your math can sometimes result in numbers that greatly boost your arguments, in this case by ten times. For someone interested only in confirming their underlying suspicion, it would be unnecessary to verify that the numbers are correct and thereby possibly harm your case.

Why all of this is absurd can be shown in several more complicated ways.

Christians cause a very low number of crimes in this country. Despite all the tattooed criminals bearing crosses or Marys in prison, only a small number of them could be said to take Christianity seriously in any deliberate way, some of whom may be innocent or political prisoners.

Let's be fair here: Who makes up the prison population? The average prisoner is a black or hispanic, low-income, low-educated and below-average intelligence male. Further, you could break them down as coming from broken homes, high school dropout rates, among other things.

Christians who commit wrong-doing break down like this: Among other things, they are either chronic cheaters against their spouses, or otherwise behavior that society considers abominable but doesn't strive to outlaw, or would be responsible for computer crimes or white collar crime, or otherwise crimes that are deemed non-violent (burglary, theft... etc).

What clearly has not been a problem in this country are evangelicals who are violent criminals, sexual predators, or home-grown terrorists. There is plenty of that in religion but you couldn't pin that down as being an evangelical problem.

Finally, the last problem you would have in this theory is that if Christianity is correct (and you will never disprove it, sorry) then it will be people like you, OP, and the people who flagged and starred this post who will be engaging in the persecution and murder of Christians.

Let's be clear: If you choose not to stand with the New World Order, then it will be the Christians who you should be best friends with in those days because they are opposed to it too. Otherwise, you will be one of the new worlders and you will engage in the slaughter of your enemies. You have those choices.
edit on 1-5-2013 by Witness123 because: a few grammatical corrections

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Christians spread their religion thru violence, torture, murder, lies. There is no need to threaten them. One only needs to look into what happened during the crusades and inquisition for starters.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join